shape
carat
color
clarity

1.47 ctw OEC studs

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Valmain, these studs are fabulous!! Congratulations. They look huge on you.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! They are just gorgeous Val! I would be thrilled with them too! It's the perfect size for everyday wear.

I have similar sized studs - just over 1.8tcw (6.2mm), OECs, I/J colour. I am so glad I went with OECs in the end because the facet pattern is so pretty. I bezeled mine but I love your claw settings.

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
AnnaH|1437352787|3904990 said:
Thanks. No thread on it. It's an antique I picked up last year from eBay, Mel's.
More recently purchased oec studs from Adam, too. Haven't done a thread on those either, but very happy with them.

Thread please!! :bigsmile: Too pretty not to share!

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
junebug17|1437367087|3905052 said:
Wow, they are stunning!! :love: So bright and sparkly and I think they are a lovely size on your ear!

Thank you so much, junebug!

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
LLJsmom|1437387092|3905101 said:
Valmain, these studs are fabulous!! Congratulations. They look huge on you.

Thanks!!! You are very kind!!!

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
misskittycat|1437433714|3905412 said:
Wow!! They are just gorgeous Val! I would be thrilled with them too! It's the perfect size for everyday wear.

I have similar sized studs - just over 1.8tcw (6.2mm), OECs, I/J colour. I am so glad I went with OECs in the end because the facet pattern is so pretty. I bezeled mine but I love your claw settings.

I went back and forth on to bezel or not to bezel. I have decided...for the time being...to keep the prong setting and mix it up with my second hole. :bigsmile: In fact, I finally took some pics with second hole fun so will post in a bit!

I must go look at your studs now! Did you do a thread?

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
I am a bit obsessed with second hole fun these days! I will be honest...while I find diamond studs, by themselves, gorgeous on other women...I feel a bit too conservative in them at times. It's just not "me". So, I have been trying different options for the second hole. I think it's just enough to feel more "me"!

little gold hoops:
studs_with_hoops.jpg

little gold discs: these actually cast some golden warmth into the diamonds which I LOVE! I can't seem to get a picture that shows this though...

studs_with_gold_disc.jpg
studs_with_gold_disc_2_0.jpg

my new obsession...tiny pearls from PP that I got today: and, yes, I know pearls don't funk it up at all!!! Buuuut, don't you think the diamonds and the pearls just cancel each other out in conservativeness?!? :lol:

studs_with_pearls.jpg
studs_with_pearls_2.jpg

fun perspective shot with ring...
stud_with_pearl_and_ring.jpg

subculture

Rough_Rock
Those are so pretty!!! I love them in that setting-they seem just different enough in the 8 prong and would make me seriously do a double take. I love that you usually do warmer stones; they must compliment your skin and hair so well.
Is there a thread on that honker ring of yours? :naughty:

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
subculture|1437446621|3905483 said:
Those are so pretty!!! I love them in that setting-they seem just different enough in the 8 prong and would make me seriously do a double take. I love that you usually do warmer stones; they must compliment your skin and hair so well.
Is there a thread on that honker ring of yours? :naughty:

Thank you so much!!! My original e-ring is an E colored MRB set in platinum. I find that, while I loved the icy-whiteness of that diamond, I prefer lower colors and gold on me. Funny thing is Adam looked and looked for some lower colored stones for me and could only find these brighty-whiteys. They will do for now!!! :wink2:

Thanks for the compliment on my ring. Here is the link:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-3-55-oec-in-erd-rg-wg-solitaire.199003/

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Val, I'm laughing out loud - I wholeheartedly blame other PSers for my latest ransack of the purse, so really it's just passing the hot potato on :bigsmile:

I know EXACTLY what you mean re. "carefully chosen, carelessly worn"! My Ering was, for me, carefully chosen but neither carelessly nor mindlessly worn - it was just too high-maintenance for me. I was constantly fiddling with it, trying to clean it, and eventually just taking it off because it was a bother to be constantly fiddling with it and thinking about cleaning it... I've worn my eternity pretty much daily since I got it a few years ago and for whatever reason I don't fiddle with it and getting it grubby doesn't bother me nearly as much ::)

Your solitaire is beautiful :love: it's intricate and delicate yet seems very "wearable", and looks like it would fit well with a variety of wardrobes and lifestyles... There are so many gorgeous halos on here and I know many PSers wear them regularly, but I honestly can't imagine doing the same - I would just worry about endlessly :(sad I think I often underestimate just how much lifestyle really, truly does matter when it comes to choosing jewellery! In any case the solution to your conundrum is obvious - you need three rings :appl:

Stud DSS! We are clearly on the same page in many regards :halo: I've just squelched my latest bout of Stud DSS - and it'd best stay squelched 'cause I'll never be able to do anything more about it! I loved the OECs - I'm very happy they went to a good home with another PSer... and they look MUCH bigger in her ears than thay ever did in mine!! Care to join me for a lobe reduction? Maybe we can wrangle a buy one get one half off deal :bigsmile:

I have a 0.8 E that I don't particularly care for - it's too white for me, so I completely understand the feeling. It's a sizzling dazzler, but I personally also prefer slight warmth. Since they're non-precision-cut OECs I think your idea of setting them in YG is a fantastic solution :sun: I'd probably suggest either 14k YG or one of the yellower (unplated) WG alloys instead of rich 18k YG, though, just to be sure that the yellow doesn't contrast too much and make the white stones look even whiter :))

When will you be in NYC? I need to go myself at some point - any chance of meeting!?

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1437490666|3905634 said:
Val, I'm laughing out loud - I wholeheartedly blame other PSers for my latest ransack of the purse, so really it's just passing the hot potato on :bigsmile:

I know EXACTLY what you mean re. "carefully chosen, carelessly worn"! My Ering was, for me, carefully chosen but neither carelessly nor mindlessly worn - it was just too high-maintenance for me. I was constantly fiddling with it, trying to clean it, and eventually just taking it off because it was a bother to be constantly fiddling with it and thinking about cleaning it... I've worn my eternity pretty much daily since I got it a few years ago and for whatever reason I don't fiddle with it and getting it grubby doesn't bother me nearly as much ::)

Your solitaire is beautiful :love: it's intricate and delicate yet seems very "wearable", and looks like it would fit well with a variety of wardrobes and lifestyles... There are so many gorgeous halos on here and I know many PSers wear them regularly, but I honestly can't imagine doing the same - I would just worry about endlessly :(sad I think I often underestimate just how much lifestyle really, truly does matter when it comes to choosing jewellery! In any case the solution to your conundrum is obvious - you need three rings :appl:

Stud DSS! We are clearly on the same page in many regards :halo: I've just squelched my latest bout of Stud DSS - and it'd best stay squelched 'cause I'll never be able to do anything more about it! I loved the OECs - I'm very happy they went to a good home with another PSer... and they look MUCH bigger in her ears than thay ever did in mine!! Care to join me for a lobe reduction? Maybe we can wrangle a buy one get one half off deal :bigsmile:

I have a 0.8 E that I don't particularly care for - it's too white for me, so I completely understand the feeling. It's a sizzling dazzler, but I personally also prefer slight warmth. Since they're non-precision-cut OECs I think your idea of setting them in YG is a fantastic solution :sun: I'd probably suggest either 14k YG or one of the yellower (unplated) WG alloys instead of rich 18k YG, though, just to be sure that the yellow doesn't contrast too much and make the white stones look even whiter :))

When will you be in NYC? I need to go myself at some point - any chance of meeting!?

I can only imagine being extremely careful/fussy with your last e-ring iteration! Did you feel the same with your butterflies 3-stone? Is it the large stones that make you want to clean like crazy or the setting? Just curious. I find these things fascinating! :lol:

I agree on the halo. If I wore one for a week, I would probably get it outta my system. Anyone want to lend to the cause? This is a disease!!! Help a sister out!!! :bigsmile: Seriously though, I love how I don't have to worry about my ring...nothing on the back of my finger to keep clean...no melee on the front. Easy peasy!

Studs. I can't even imagine. You must be getting close, right? Lobe reduction is a very good idea. I will have mine made the size of my daughter's ears. I figure that will be cheaper over a lifetime than continuing to upgrade studs. Where do we sign up? :loopy:

Good point about the YG. I am always worried about adding TOO much color, but it could go the other way!!!

I will be in NYC 8/6-9. I would love to meet up...not sure if you live close or those dates are good for you. If so, I will send you a pm on FB. :D

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
valmanin|1437340939|3904947 said:
gregchang35|1437315017|3904773 said:
Beautiful. Nice!

Upgrade at next big anniversary???

Or maybe sooner. :Up_to_something:
interesting....

dependent on the timing.. i could be interested in these... :Up_to_something:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Of course, if you have an upgrade plan.... why not use it....

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous Val, they look great - love the settings too :love:

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
gregchang35|1437618855|3906334 said:
Of course, if you have an upgrade plan.... why not use it....

Yep! That's the thing. I could sell them, but it would be for the price I bought them for, ya know? That said, I will remember you have dibs! :bigsmile:

I am all over the place too! I am loving them right now! :roll:

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Monnyjay|1437653103|3906437 said:
Gorgeous Val, they look great - love the settings too :love:

Thank you so much! I really like these settings too!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still trying to figure out dates :sick: I'll let you know as soon as I do!!

I LOVE THEM with the pearls!!! I've seen it done the other way - small diamonds in the second holes, larger pearls in the first - and I gotta say I like your way a LOT :sun: You just keep rockin' "Conservative" Val :bigsmile:

Oh, I fussed with the three-stone endlessly too! I think it *is* larger stones... fortunately I think I'm much less likely to fiddle with stones on my ears - the thought of how idiotic I'd look doing so is enough to turn me off trying it :bigsmile:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Love these!

I have been shopping around for some OEC studs myself! these are definitely a kick in the bum to get on actually getting a pair!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
These are pretty awesome- diamonds are beauties and the settings perfect. I always wanted milgrained bezels, but, these may have me changing my mind. Thank you for all the photos, it is a great thread with tons of eye candy. :love:

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1437792424|3907177 said:
I'm still trying to figure out dates :sick: I'll let you know as soon as I do!!

I LOVE THEM with the pearls!!! I've seen it done the other way - small diamonds in the second holes, larger pearls in the first - and I gotta say I like your way a LOT :sun: You just keep rockin' "Conservative" Val :bigsmile:

Oh, I fussed with the three-stone endlessly too! I think it *is* larger stones... fortunately I think I'm much less likely to fiddle with stones on my ears - the thought of how idiotic I'd look doing so is enough to turn me off trying it :bigsmile:

Thanks! I like the diamond/pearl combo a lot too! My SIL has little pearls she wears in her second hole and I've always thought it was a cute alternative to diamonds. I pretty much ripped her off! :bigsmile:

Good solution! I can't wait to see ear shots of those dazzlers! Should be soon, right?!?

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett|1437852529|3907404 said:
Love these!

I have been shopping around for some OEC studs myself! these are definitely a kick in the bum to get on actually getting a pair!

Do it! Do it! Too bad there is not a "butt kick" emotie! :bigsmile:

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
apacherose|1437864594|3907468 said:
These are pretty awesome- diamonds are beauties and the settings perfect. I always wanted milgrained bezels, but, these may have me changing my mind. Thank you for all the photos, it is a great thread with tons of eye candy. :love:

Thanks so much! I am happy I went with this setting. I figured I would wear a "neutral" setting until I figured out what I wanted long term. Turns out I really like them as is!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results