shape
carat
color
clarity

SOLOMON BROTHERS

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Hi as anyone had this problem before I had been watching this little diamond for months its GIA certificate is dated in 2011 - I plucked up the courage to send an email to Solomon Brothers asking a question re said diamond. Took ages to reply so I sent another - well wish I hadn't sent email and had just bought the diamond.

Next time I search the diamond it had gone up in price by approx 225% when for ages it had been at the lower price - Solomon Brothers rep said diamond prices change and they did not want to be out of pocket - well I say

1) Check your inventory more regularly
2) Honor the original price for the customer making the enquiry
3) Once said customer states they do not want the diamond raise the price

I am still annoyed. :mad:

ricky5779

Rough_Rock
Hi,
Diamonds are not owned by the sponsors, I think if the real owner gives incorrect price it reflects incorrect price on their site, when you emailed them probably they would have realized at that time of the incorrect pricing. However 225% up is hard to believe.

Probably if you would have directly placed the order may have helped :)

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you - yes another of life's regrets - I have learnt my lesson see another diamond that catches my eye I shall grab it no emails lol

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, call me cynical, but sounds like the bait and switch to me, either that or blatant false advertising. I would not trust a vendor like that.

glimmer

Rough_Rock
I'm glad I was not the only person this has happened to. A while back while I was searching I remember one morning coming across several suspiciously good deals at Solomon Brothers. Suspicious is probably an understatement because these prices were remarkably lower than other vendors for the same diamond. I googled a phone number for them and when I called about the diamonds, every diamond that I had called about was "not available" and then about an hour later they had all increased in price by a significant amount, often more than double the price. The sales associate who I spoke to was very intent on getting my information and finding me a diamond from their inventory, but I was put off by the whole experience. I remember noticing a similar price discrepancy on a separate occasion but I never understood what was happening and searched pricescope for other members reporting the same thing and didn't really find much. Very strange.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
LLJsmom|1437844664|3907337 said:
Sorry, call me cynical, but sounds like the bait and switch to me, either that or blatant false advertising. I would not trust a vendor like that.

I agree. :nono:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of these vendors have hundreds of virtual stones listed. It is not surprising for there to be an occasional error. If they don't already have it on the site, there should be a disclaimer that if there is a pricing error, they have the right to correct the price prior to selling the stone. We have seen this happen before. I don't for a second think Solomon Brothers was being dishonest. They have to pay for the stone, and I can guarantee if the retail price was 225% wrong, they would have not been able to buy the diamond at the price you were seeing online. When something seems too good to be true, it usually is.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results