shape
carat
color
clarity

Of interest, please provide opinions

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I have to choose one out of two, then I would choose the LM ring as it looks more pleasing to my eyes, as the other one has too many pointy corners for my liking.

However, if I were given the same amount of money to buy whatever I like, then I would buy something else.

DK :))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1437774445|3907080 said:
If I have to choose one out of two, then I would choose the LM ring as it looks more pleasing to my eyes, as the other one has too many pointy corners for my liking.

However, if I were given the same amount of money to buy whatever I like, then I would buy something else.

Gotcha. The RY setting is unusual. I prefer the LM setting.

Opinions on the sapphires?

cheers--Sharon

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I much prefer the LM sapphire - assuming these are accurate representations to what we would see IRL. It has a better color, cut, and shows more life IMO.

At a glance I liked the setting of the RY better, but on closer inspection I also prefer the LM setting as well.

ETA - these rings are far beyond anything I could ever hope to own. They're fun to look at though!

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
katharath said:
I much prefer the LM sapphire - assuming these are accurate representations to what we would see IRL. It has a better color, cut, and shows more life IMO.

This. I'm just thinking of a recent thread where someone bought a gorgeous (totally gorgeous) pad ring from Leon and the initial unboxing was a bit of a... surprise. It turned out well and she turned out to like the pad IIRC though. :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An unheated Burma in that color over 5 cts and already set for that price? If I had the money I'd get it!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1437775105|3907084 said:
dk168|1437774445|3907080 said:

Gotcha. The RY setting is unusual. I prefer the LM setting.

Opinions on the sapphires?

cheers--Sharon

I prefer the shape, cut and colour of the LM's sapphire.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
It's difficult to say because the LM photo looks like a glamour shot. Also, the LM ring is reminiscent of Diana's (now Kate's) engagement ring.

I like the Ceylon sapphire below the linked ring on B.

Are sapphires really that expensive now?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
LM's ring is not as blue as the photo in the video, a bit more violetish. Hard to tell with the other ring without more photos and video. I have no idea on pricing though.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the design of the Leon ring.
Based on these photo's only it's hard to compare the actual stones. A few iPhone pics on the back of the hand and in different lighting would be helpful. The pricepoints are really high. The experts here will hopefully know whether this is reasonable.

My own sapphire (see my avatar) is 5.54 carats and I paid around 16.000 dollars for the stone and platinum setting with baguettes. The stone is from Ceylon and shows signs of heating. Thought this might be helpful. I got mine in 2014 and nearly choked hearing the price.

On LM's website you can make an offer and a while ago a PSer made a relatively low offer on a pad ring. It turned out it was not returnable! So please be sure before you decide.

_32704.jpg

_32705.jpg

_32706.jpg

_32707.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VirginiaZee|1437779792|3907103 said:
katharath said:

This. I'm just thinking of a recent thread where someone bought a gorgeous (totally gorgeous) pad ring from Leon and the initial unboxing was a bit of a... surprise. It turned out well and she turned out to like the pad IIRC though. :)

Therein lies the difficulty. Not seeing it IRL. I have thought about flying to NYC to see it.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1437780297|3907108 said:
An unheated Burma in that color over 5 cts and already set for that price? If I had the money I'd get it!

MB--the things you say ring my bell--type of stone etc. These are particular interest for me--if it were smaller I'd be OK with that. Thank you for chiming in.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ennui|1437785515|3907136 said:
It's difficult to say because the LM photo looks like a glamour shot. Also, the LM ring is reminiscent of Diana's (now Kate's) engagement ring.

I like the Ceylon sapphire below the linked ring on B.

Are sapphires really that expensive now?

There is another picture of this ring in the same ad--next to another larger sapphire of different shape. That is a bit telling (for me) as there is darkness evident in that shot. Thanks for chiming in.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1437803660|3907212 said:
I love the design of the Leon ring.
Based on these photo's only it's hard to compare the actual stones. A few iPhone pics on the back of the hand and in different lighting would be helpful. The pricepoints are really high. The experts here will hopefully know whether this is reasonable.

My own sapphire (see my avatar) is 5.54 carats and I paid around 16.000 dollars for the stone and platinum setting with baguettes. The stone is from Ceylon and shows signs of heating. Thought this might be helpful. I got mine in 2014 and nearly choked hearing the price.

On LM's website you can make an offer and a while ago a PSer made a relatively low offer on a pad ring. It turned out it was not returnable! So please be sure before you decide.

You provided a great service by attaching the pictures! Thanks Acinom! :wavey:

I followed the story about the Pad and I feel silly I did not think to ask about it first! :bigsmile: It was long admired!. But the nonreturnable clause therefore begs a person to see it IRL. Which bring up the point--many people have been to see Leon IRL--has no one here seen this ring? Art N? Many people have purchased sizable sapphires on this forum--yet no one considered this ring? :confused:

At any rate seeing it IRL would be important to me. I live on the Canadian West Coast and would not be able to make that trek before Sept--and Sept is already busy for me. Luckily I don't feel a sense of urgency--but am thinking about the Pad that got away.....

cheers--Sharon

ETA: thanks to all others who've popped in so far. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results