shape
carat
color
clarity

Posting your Jewellery without your permission

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
I know people around here get pretty upset when they see their pieces posted without their permission on various places all over the web.

But what if it was the vendor who sold you the stone (not the same vendor who made the ring).

i.e. You buy ACA from Whiteflash
You get DK to make a stunning ring for you. (Obv he made the ring so he can take and post pictures)
Whiteflash posts picture on their website using pictures from SMTB or from DK's site saying "look at this amazing ring featuring one of our ACAs!" WITHOUT YOU CONSENT.
(NOT SAYING WF WOULD DO THIS, THIS IS PURELY A FICTIONAL SCENARIO)

How would you feel?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If pictures were already up (so not a super secret custom piece or surprise) I would be flattered and happy. Would be a compliment to my taste and his beautiful work. So long as they gave credit to person who made...

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are 2 scenarios here.

1) Using your picture from this site
2) Using DKs picture from DKs site

In scenario #1, I would be upset. They do not have my permission. eta - as in, a photo YOU took. I know people post the glamour shots from vendors on here, which aren't yours. So I would only be upset if it were a photo I took, I uploaded, I posted.

In scenario #2, you do not own this photo. As long as they have DKs permission, they are free to do whatever they like. If they don't have permission, that is something that the vendor would need to decide if they want to pursue. Personally, if it were me (as DK), that would be great exposure, and I'd probably just ask for credit.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think you should mention a specific vendor when they are not doing this as per say... I think it's a violation of the PS rules. And it's not fair to them, IMHO....

To say what if a PS vendor did such and such without being specific, that might be better. But either way it won't be looked at positively as you are causing red flags where there are none...

I like your interest and excitement.

There are threads on this... I would read up... ;))

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh|1437682653|3906658 said:
I don't think you should mention a specific vendor when they are not doing this as per say... I think it's a violation of the PS rules. And it's not fair to them, IMHO....

To say what if a PS vendor did such and such without being specific, that might be better. But either way it won't be looked at positively as you are causing red flags where there are none...

I like your interest and excitement.

There are threads on this... I would read up... ;))
It says in capital letters that this is a purely fictional situation. So...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
True but that was written many lines down below....

What ever, you have your opinion and I have mine...

Not looking to fight. Just that if I was the vendor mentioned in a post that is fictional It hits the web and can harm the vendor...

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would not care.

If you go to Pinterest and search Pricescope our pictures are all over the place. We're popular. :naughty: I would be flattered that something I picked was considered to be used in a promotion.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Has happened to me not by vendor But from people posting pics that I posted here.. I always was flattered...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results