carat
color
clarity

Authenticate Tiffany Necklace

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Tiffany won't authenticate it and I don't know that anyone here can either--or speaking for myself.

If you are not satisfied, I hope your ebay vendor has a good return policy, otherwise enjoy your necklace.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1437675135|3906587 said:
HI:

Tiffany won't authenticate it and I don't know that anyone here can either--or speaking for myself.

If you are not satisfied, I hope your ebay vendor has a good return policy, otherwise enjoy your necklace.

cheers--Sharon

Oh....not Tiffany but.....should you change your mind....

here is something worthwhile to consider/interesting--comes with documents!

http://diamondbistro.com/category/197/Necklaces-and-Pendants/listings/43593/Reduced-Brian-Gavin-Sig-DBTY-necklace-055ctw.html

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I really can't speak to your specific piece. However - I've bought 18k gold Tiffany pieces on eBay and directly from Tiffany. All of my eBay purchases were definitely authentic IMO - I did not bring them to Tiffany, but I did compare them to pieces I had bought directly from Tiffany. In my years of buying Tiffany on eBay, I've literally never seen a fake gold piece - at least not one that I was certain was fake. I can't say the same about Tiffany silver, as fakes in silver are literally mass produced. You can go online and find websites that specifically sell fake Tiffany pieces by the dozen. eBay is folded with them. That said, I've never seen a site that mass produces fake tiffany gold or platinum, and I've yet to personally see an obvious fake tiffany gold or platinum piece.

Has anyone here actually seen a fake Tiffany gold or platinum piece? I'd be very interested to know. I've researched this off and on over the years and have never been able to find out anything definitive on the amount of fake tiffany gold or platinum pieces - only the silver. Do they really exist? If so, are they mass produced or just some morally bankrupt jeweler working alone to produce a few pieces? If anyone knows anything please share, I've been curious about this for years.

OP - I think you are probably fine, honestly, but as I said I can't say for sure. The markings look authentic to me, but I've never owned a Tiffany platinum piece, only 18k, so I just can't say with certainty.

ETA - ok I have to take it back! I just did another search and DID find one place that offers a few fake platinum/gold Tiffany pieces. So they must be out there. But the pieces aren't actually in those metals, it's just crap. You could probably tell the difference just by holding a piece in your hand, it probably feels insubstantial. And honestly after searching for years this is the first site I've found...so I still don't know, lol.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Also I looked at the seller's other items, and completed listings. The seller has sold and is selling Louis Vuitton preowned bags. I've owned at least a dozen LV (all authentic) bags, and while all of mine have been Vernis bags and not the same type the seller has - those bags look authentic to me. That's a good sign. I know it's not Tiffany - but over the years I've sold a good amount of authentic LV and Tiffany (from my collections) on eBay, so to me it is a good sign when a seller with high end items is not selling fakes in one area - hopefully means they're not in another.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results