shape
carat
color
clarity

Cheap light golden South sea pendant = instant gratification

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I love a good deal!

This is from one of those Etsy stores that sells super inexpensive South Sea and tahitian pearls. I figured for the price ( $30 ), I couldn't go wrong, even if it turned out to be a large freshwater pearl. Plus it's a good way to see if this color works for me.

It's a light gold, but kind of a cream. I guess it would be called a champagne by some people. It's a fat drop, 12.80 wide. Large enough to noticed when worn alone. Setting is gold plated. A lot of the golden pearls in their store had very strong green tones which I didn't like, but this one doesn't. And I like it with purple and pink clothing. It does kind of make my skin look a little orange. Oh well....

goldenpearl.jpg

goldenpearl1.jpg

goldenpearl3.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Re: Cheap light golden South sea pendant = instant gratifica

I think it is pretty

ennui

Brilliant_Rock

It's beautiful! I don't even see any blemishes! What a find! :appl:

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

Thank you both! I'm enjoying it :)

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

Love your pearl Innerkitten. One of my personal favorite pearls is a large cream drop. So you scored with that pearl at $30. Congratulations and enjoy your new beauty.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock

VERY Pretty, innerkitten :)

Kay

Ideal_Rock

It's a lovely pearl, InnerKitten, and it really pops against your pink top.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock

I wanted to add, I know what you mean about golden pearls and skin tones. I only have a few gSS, but I find that the white are more flattering for me. I guess that's why white pearls are classic; they work for everyone.

Btw, I would have been all over the pearls with green tones. Green works for me. :lol:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

So gorgeous! :love:

iguanatan

Rough_Rock

Can you share the vendor? This is delightful!

YC

Brilliant_Rock

Inner kitten,
That is a good sized pearl and looks pretty good. $30 ? Wow..... great buy!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock

That's a good deal! Looks great on that chain and length.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

Thank you. And YC I would be happy to share! I know some of the pearls in their store are a little scary, but if you look around you may find something interesting. I actually found this store because someone had posted in another forum about how weird some of the pearls were, but when I looked I found that I liked some of the pendants and earrings in their store. Can't beat the prices.

The name of the store AlonzoSupplies. Written as one word. They are in the Mid West. Although communication wasn't good and no shipping info was posted by the seller, my pendant arrived in just two days. Sent by priority mail, and packaged well.

Here are some pieces that caught my eye :)

This one has potential and it's only $20
https://www.etsy.com/listing/232021796/pearl-sale-chunky-drop-golden-south-sea?ref=hp_mod_rf

I like the pink overtone on this one. It would look cool on one of those leather bracelets. I do want to make myself one of those soon.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/232416266/peacock-round-tahitian-pearl-1084mm?ref=shop_home_active_12

These champagne ovals are cool. But I would change the ear wires.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/229596400/chandelier-champagne-golden-south-sea?ref=shop_home_active_13

I also purchased some loose pearls from The Pearl House on Etsy. I will post those when they arrive. I'm going to make them into earrings.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

ennui|1437452140|3905510 said:
I wanted to add, I know what you mean about golden pearls and skin tones. I only have a few gSS, but I find that the white are more flattering for me. I guess that's why white pearls are classic; they work for everyone.

Btw, I would have been all over the pearls with green tones. Green works for me. :lol:

Totally! Plus white goes with everything.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

innerkitten|1437498872|3905687 said:
Thank you. And Iguanatan ( oops got name wrong ) I would be happy to share! I know some of the pearls in their store are a little scary, but if you look around you may find something interesting. I actually found this store because someone had posted in another forum about how weird some of the pearls were, but when I looked I found that I liked some of the pendants and earrings in their store. Can't beat the prices.

The name of the store AlonzoSupplies. Written as one word. They are in the Mid West. Although communication wasn't good and no shipping info was posted by the seller, my pendant arrived in just two days. Sent by priority mail, and packaged well.

Here are some pieces that caught my eye :)

This one has potential and it's only $20
https://www.etsy.com/listing/232021796/pearl-sale-chunky-drop-golden-south-sea?ref=hp_mod_rf

I like the pink overtone on this one. It would look cool on one of those leather bracelets. I do want to make myself one of those soon.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/232416266/peacock-round-tahitian-pearl-1084mm?ref=shop_home_active_12

These champagne ovals are cool. But I would change the ear wires.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/229596400/chandelier-champagne-golden-south-sea?ref=shop_home_active_13

I also purchased some loose pearls from The Pearl House on Etsy. I will post those when they arrive. I'm going to make them into earrings.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock

Apparently AlonzoSupplies is having a South Sea pearl sale. :naughty:

YC

Brilliant_Rock

Inner kitten,
Thanks for sharing. I think some of their pendants and earrings look pretty decent for their price. But the mini strands can be scary, especially those "blood pearls" :think: :errrr:
Is it just me or do quite a number of their SSP seem to have green overtones?

I bought some pearls from pearlhouse recently too. Majority are nice. Do post your pics when you find some time.

iguanatan

Rough_Rock

Thanks so much for sharing! I see a couple of items I really like!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

YC|1437559868|3905990 said:
Inner kitten,
Thanks for sharing. I think some of their pendants and earrings look pretty decent for their price. But the mini strands can be scary, especially those "blood pearls" :think: :errrr:
Is it just me or do quite a number of their SSP seem to have green overtones?

I bought some pearls from pearlhouse recently too. Majority are nice. Do post your pics when you find some time.

Yes I noticed the green too. It's weird. I searched through a lot of the pendants to avoid green. And I don't see any green in mine, which is good. So is it the pearls that are green, or is the photography somehow bringing out the green? The only way to know if they are really green would be to buy one I guess.

Which colors/ overtones, and shape of tahitian pearls did you purchase from The Pearl House? Jac is really nice.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

iguanatan|1437563317|3905997 said:
Thanks so much for sharing! I see a couple of items I really like!

Cool! If you get something post pics.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock

innerkitten|1437584751|3906118 said:
Yes I noticed the green too. It's weird. I searched through a lot of the pendants to avoid green. And I don't see any green in mine, which is good. So is it the pearls that are green, or is the photography somehow bringing out the green?

I have some gSS drop earrings from PP that have a slight green orient, so I'd guess it's the pearls. I think sea pearls are more likely to pick up greens and blues, in my non-expert experience.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

ennui|1437590843|3906165 said:
innerkitten|1437584751|3906118 said:
Yes I noticed the green too. It's weird. I searched through a lot of the pendants to avoid green. And I don't see any green in mine, which is good. So is it the pearls that are green, or is the photography somehow bringing out the green?

I have some gSS drop earrings from PP that have a slight green orient, so I'd guess it's the pearls. I think sea pearls are more likely to pick up greens and blues, in my non-expert experience.

That is really interesting. Of course with freshwater pearls green is sort of unusual right? Do you have a link to your earrings?

ennui

Brilliant_Rock

Sorry, no link to my earrings. They were a PP sale item a few years ago. Simple drops on simple hooks.

I think freshwaters are less likely to have blue or green orient, but there are always exceptions.

YC

Brilliant_Rock

Inner kitten,
Don't mean to thread-jack. I bought some peacock drops and some multicolour rounds from Jac. Two drops are 11mm and one drop 13.5mm. These are A grade and are clean. I love them.
BTW, the pearls are just a touch lighter IRL

20150723_184205-1.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock

Here are the round Tahitians I bought - 10-11 plus mm. They have great colours and are B grade and so have a little more surface marks than I liked. Two of them, to me, are a little more off round than truly round.
Jac is very friendly, helpful and great to work with.

I have a champagne SSP with strong green overtones and does not really suit my skin tones so I try not to get any GSS with green overtones, if possible

20150723_184416-1.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

It's not a thread jack. I asked you, and it's still on the topic of pearls and Etsy :)

Those drops are so smooth and pretty! The rounds are nice too and I especially like that blue one. I purchased two drops and two baroques. Testing out the waters a little.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results