shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Game of Thrones fans out there?

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
So I went into Barnes and Noble yesterday to get a magazine and left with a game of Monopoly--Game of Thrones edition. I haven't unwrapped all the real estate, banking and and chance cards, but the tokens, real estate and general theme are GOT all the way! Only problem is that no-one I know shows any enthusiasm for the game. Or the show, for that matter. Maybe I can rope the son and my husband into a game tomorrow after breakfast.

Anyway, it looks like a fun way to pass an hour to two. I'll get back to ya if I can convince anyone to play with me.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds cool!!!!

I liked Season 1 but the violence/women thing, it finally turned me off and I bailed out in the middle of season 2.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Yep, read the books and I am current on the show. I am one of those people who always say "the books are WAAAY better" (I read a lot, lol), but in this case I actually lean towards favoring the show over the books. I think HBO has done a great job of cutting away some of the excess in the books.

I hope you can get someone to play your game with you :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup. Huge fans of the show.

I saw that monopoly version and it was tempting. Can you snap a few pictures?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huge fan here too! I'd pop over for a game with you, but I'm the the UK! :wavey:

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
love love love the show!! can't wait for the next book and the next season :love:

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1437371769|3905073 said:
Yup. Huge fans of the show.

I saw that monopoly version and it was tempting. Can you snap a few pictures?

I can when the kid comes over for a visit as I have no camera {I am a tech dinosaur}.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
God such a fan I can't even.

My life is on hold for the next year as John Snow is everything

:lol:

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1437416995|3905279 said:

I know what you mean. I mourned all last summer for Tywin Lannister.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber St. Clare|1437427369|3905366 said:

I know what you mean. I mourned all last summer for Tywin Lannister.

I'm not mourning. Lady Milisadra will cure my woes. Lol

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I am so conflicted about this... I love GOT, but despise Monopoly!! Maybe they could do GOT Cards Against Humanity?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was not expecting that!! I've read the books, but just shy of that part. That hurt so bad. :(( But, I have my suspicions that he may be back somehow. The actor has not yet cut his GoT hair, so there's that.

No one in my family shares my love for the show. It's sad.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lyra|1437495989|3905672 said:

I was not expecting that!! I've read the books, but just shy of that part. That hurt so bad. :(( But, I have my suspicions that he may be back somehow. The actor has not yet cut his GoT hair, so there's that.

No one in my family shares my love for the show. It's sad.

This has my hopes are set entirely too high for that

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/06/jon-snow-dead-game-of-thrones-azor-ahai-melisandre-warg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband thinks, he will spend the rest of the show as a warg inhabiting his wolf, possibly aided by his lil' brother Brandon.
the other option is the red witch is still hanging around, so for me another hypothesis is she uses some blood magic on him to return him to life, because she realizes her prophecies were about him, not Stannius. I don't want him to die as a character either.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
part gypsy|1437504203|3905724 said:
My husband thinks, he will spend the rest of the show as a warg inhabiting his wolf, possibly aided by his lil' brother Brandon.
the other option is the red witch is still hanging around, so for me another hypothesis is she uses some blood magic on him to return him to life, because she realizes her prophecies were about him, not Stannius. I don't want him to die as a character either.
Yeah I suspect lady Milisadra will resurrect him.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1437504946|3905726 said:
Yeah I suspect lady Milisadra will resurrect him.[/quote]

I just HATE her so much I want no redemption for her {I will NEVER forgive her for SHIREEN. Yes, Stannis gave the order, but he never would have w/o that bitch urging him on. I also don't think he's dead. Until you see a dead body on that show, never assume..and even then.....

Jon--I'm on the fence. Yeah he's the hero and pretty boy {and damn Olly to hell}. But if the price of getting Jon back is Mel being rehabbed my vote is NO. : :angryfire:

Now I have a question re: time--how much time has elapsed since Ned was beheaded? Cause baby Sam is still an infant yet all the other children, most noticeably Myrcella have grown. Sam and Gilly forever!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber St. Clare|1437513545|3905793 said:

I just HATE her so much I want no redemption for her {I will NEVER forgive her for SHIREEN. Yes, Stannis gave the order, but he never would have w/o that bitch urging him on. I also don't think he's dead. Until you see a dead body on that show, never assume..and even then.....

Jon--I'm on the fence. Yeah he's the hero and pretty boy {and damn Olly to hell}. But if the price of getting Jon back is Mel being rehabbed my vote is NO. : :angryfire:

Now I have a question re: time--how much time has elapsed since Ned was beheaded? Cause baby Sam is still an infant yet all the other children, most noticeably Myrcella have grown. Sam and Gilly forever!

See I hate her too but I'd love to see her do something to make her actually likeable.

Also, I hope he's resurrected as I'd love to see him as one of the dragon riders so I'm really invested in that prediction

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1437520057|3905842 said:
Amber St. Clare|1437513545|3905793 said:

See I hate her too but I'd love to see her do something to make her actually likeable.

Also, I hope he's resurrected as I'd love to see him as one of the dragon riders so I'm really invested in that prediction

The ONLY thing she could do in my eyes would be to bring Shireen back and I don't think she can do that. Otherwise, she's food for the wolves for me.

I have the rest of the summer and all winter to figure out how Jon successfully can come back in my mind. But I will stop watching the show for good if it has anything to do with that bitch.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have to realize, she plays that character. Think about all the things she has done so far, such as giving birth to some weird shadow monstrosity that killed Renly. In the book she made multiple living human sacrifices. I don't see her resurrecting Jon as redeeming her as she IS unredeemable, but simply as a device to bring him back. If she did it it would be for her own purposes (which most likely will bite her in the end).

You don't think he is dead? He was stabbed in the chest like 7 times. Did you see the amount of blood? They didn't have blood transfusion centers back then.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
part gypsy|1437571302|3906030 said:
You have to realize, she plays that character. Think about all the things she has done so far, such as giving birth to some weird shadow monstrosity that killed Renly. In the book she made multiple living human sacrifices. I don't see her resurrecting Jon as redeeming her as she IS unredeemable, but simply as a device to bring him back. If she did it it would be for her own purposes (which most likely will bite her in the end).

You don't think he is dead? He was stabbed in the chest like 7 times. Did you see the amount of blood? They didn't have blood transfusion centers back then.

No, I think he's currently dead. I don't think he'll stay dead.

She's not a likeable character she's done despicable things but for myself idnlike her to do anything likeable to give her at least something positive in my mind. Also, if she resurrects John and it turns into him vs white walkers as some suspect I'd say that in fact that's some redemption, at least in my mind.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
When I said I don't think he's dead I meant Stannis, NOT Jon. You didn't see Brienne actually doing the deed and you didn't see the corpse so I'm going with he's not dead till I see the stones on his eyes. Jon, I'm pretty sure he's a gonner

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber St. Clare|1437580033|3906080 said:
When I said I don't think he's dead I meant Stannis, NOT Jon. You didn't see Brienne actually doing the deed and you didn't see the corpse so I'm going with he's not dead till I see the stones on his eyes. Jon, I'm pretty sure he's a gonner
HBO always makes wallpaper Artwork for deaths in a particular episode. For the last ep they did stannis', not Jon's. So that's something.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results