carat
color
clarity

A few of your favorite things

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1437334738|3904898 said:
packrat|1437334091|3904894 said:
CJ, you know what else is good dipped in coffee? Toast. Butter toast or w/a bit of jelly too is good I found. mmmmmmmm

OMG.

Yes.

Butter and just a little bit of strawberry jelly.

So good.

(I had that very thing last Thursday night at a diner. With tea though.)

YAY! I never thought I'd meet another person (besides my mom, who is the one who introduced me to this) who did it or liked it!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1437335202|3904906 said:
CJ, you know what else is good dipped in coffee? Toast. Butter toast or w/a bit of jelly too is good I found. mmmmmmmm

OMG.

Yes.

So good.

YAY! I never thought I'd meet another person (besides my mom, who is the one who introduced me to this) who did it or liked it!

Well, if we ever get together for our crime show marathon, guess we'll BOTH be dipping! haha

(I *do* understand how this appears completely gross to people who don't like to dip. hehe)

Have you ever tried dipping crackers - like Saltines, or Ritz, etc. - actually, it's not even dipping - I like to crumple a bunch of them and then eat them out of the cup with a spoon.

(that sounds so gross I'm embarrassed to admit it 'cause I know you'll probably be like - "huh...no. I don't do that." hahahaha)

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
artdecogirl|1437296397|3904718 said:
blingbunny10, I love folding towels and flat sheets :love:

Lol, artdecogirl - I'm glad I'm not alone on this! My husband thinks I'm nuts, but dutifully leaves towels and bedding unfolded for me when he does the laundry.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
fresh country air

country roads

Art museums in big cities with lots of classic old European and American paintings

A day at home when I never have to leave the house

Picking at myself and farting in the privacy of my own home :naughty:

Jewelry shopping 8-)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1437335784|3904913 said:
packrat|1437335202|3904906 said:

OMG.

Yes.

So good.

Well, if we ever get together for our crime show marathon, guess we'll BOTH be dipping! haha

(I *do* understand how this appears completely gross to people who don't like to dip. hehe)

Have you ever tried dipping crackers - like Saltines, or Ritz, etc. - actually, it's not even dipping - I like to crumple a bunch of them and then eat them out of the cup with a spoon.

(that sounds so gross I'm embarrassed to admit it 'cause I know you'll probably be like - "huh...no. I don't do that." hahahaha)

I've not tried that but I will next time!

charleston1

Shiny_Rock
Leaving home in the morning on a freezing January winter day and arriving in the afternoon at our favourite resort then walking barefoot across the warm sand into the ocean.

Breakfast in bed served by my handsome hubby every Saturday and Sunday.

A margarita after a stressful day.

Date night with the hubby every Saturday night.

Laughing so hard you think you will pee your pants.

Sweating so hard at the gym then biking home and jumping in the pool.

Freshly laundered sheets and ironed pillowcases!

Crossing items off the "To Do" List

Walking around Rome and feeling in awe of the beauty and history everywhere you look.

New sandals, gold, silver, any new sandals.

Seeing your kids at Graduation, walking across the stage - where did our baby go?

Looking at baby pictures of the kids.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
okay, some small pleasures I enjoy?

- a new haul of books from the library
- having a Cadbury Fruit & Nut Bar tucked in my pantry
- DH making me a grilled cheese
- being inside on a stormy rainy day
- being outside when the sky is clear and it is sunny but not too hot
- being able to find/listen to just about any tune stuck in my head on youtube

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can think of two "favorite" things that give me much joy right now.

One are the beautiful sunsets I have seen from the house. This picture was taken with my phone from the family room with no image processing:

The other is that my hair has started to grow back, this is at 4 months post operation. In March I underwent a craniotomy and neurosurgery to remove a brain tumor (there is a thread in Hangout where I posted a picture of my partially shaved head with 52 staples in it). Some of it starting growing immediately, while other traumatized hair follicles came to life just last month so I've got all different lengths right now (and some growing flat while others are standing straight up) :lol:

sunset_20150627_204823.jpg

4_months_ps_resized.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
my dog's wagging tail, grin and sweet disposition
the salty briny smell of the ocean
a good cup of coffee in the morning

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cat cuddles.
Holding hands with my husband.
Laughing and just 'being' with my close friends.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How kitty #1 says "hello...! Hello!..." With what sounds like our local accent, so it sounds more like hell-owwww-uh, hell-owwww-uh!
:lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Rabbits, bunnies. By the dozens. In my yard, all the time. Apparently my plants are a salad bar! :appl: :love: But we luvs 'em!

cheers--Sharon

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the feeling I get when I return to the city of my childhood. The temperature, the feeling and smell of the air, the people, it is as if my heart slides into a piece of a puzzle and I am home. I would never move there, but it is oh so nice to visit.

Growing on each side of one our highways is acre after acre of sunflowers. They cover the land as far as the eye can see. This is the happiest, most beautiful stretch of highway in all of California as far as I am concerned.

The smell of gardenias and vanilla and coconut is heavenly, but not all together.

I love the way my little dog plops her head against my chest. She is all love, all of the time. She wasn't made for anything but love.

In contrast, I love the way my big black dog looks deep into my eyes with her wise soul and how she watches over our home. She was made to mother.

Coffee is pure heaven. I can drink it in any form, hot, cold, burned, fancy, cheap. I really don't care as long as it is coffee. I prefer it black with a little bit of cold water so that I don't have to wait for it to cool down.

Along the same thought, I love the way houses smell when coffee is brewing.

Dancing does me wonders. So does singing in the shower.

Finally, I really love cooking a huge pot of anything, soup, chili, spaghetti sauce, etc. If the pot is huge, the music is on, and I am chopping and browning, and stirring and smiling and creating and will soon be feeding a bunch of hungry people, all is right with the world.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Facing things that make you nervous/anxious/scared/sweaty-the feeling you get when you know you can make it.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The Mick Fanning/shark memes going around the internet at the moment.

They're killing me :lol:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread;
A few of my favourite things;
1. Peeling dried PVA glue off my fingers.
2. The smell of lemons.
3. Having a new born baby curled asleep on your chest and that lovely new baby smell :)
4. My Mam's laugh.. It's loud, it's hearty and infectious.
5. The welts I get on my fingers from writing
5. The sound of a pencil on paper.
6. Black biro's
7. Yellow ruled note paper
8. The smell of a new book
9. A hot cup of strong milkey tea
10. Mashed potatoes

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The smell of freshly baked cakes coming from the industrial bakery near home when I walk the dog in the evening.

DK :))

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
blingbunny10|1437286708|3904698 said:
-Creating a stack of perfectly folded towels.
-Slipping into a cool bed made up with slightly scratchy pillowcases and sheets.
-Secretly sniffing my dog's paws, which smell like sugary cookie dough.

These two threads remind me of the movie Amelie. :)

That's funny about your dog's paws. Mine's smell like fritos. :confused:

I like the air after a rain in summer; earthy. The feel of my babies skin... and my husbands hairy legs. The dapple sunlight under shady trees. Half-popped popcorn kernels.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results