carat
color
clarity

Things That BUG You That Don't Seem To Bother Anyone Else

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Re: Things That BUG You That Don't Seem To Bother Anyone Els

jaysonsmom|1437057739|3903559 said:
This is one you see in my neck of the woods a lot. Women who wear spandex workout clothes all day long because they want to show off their bodies. Yes, I get that you work out, but you don't have to wear it to the grocery store, to school play at night, or weekend parties.

Same goes for 40-something's in juicy couture sweat suits and "pink" sportswear that are showing their thongs. I get it, you're 40+ and in great shape, but have some class!

A lot of women around here wear their cute tennis outfits all day long….. Yeah, we get it, you play tennis. That's awesome, but do you ever go home and change???
Along the lines of work out/gym pet peeves is people who do cross fit, who have to talk about it all the time….. It's not everyone who does cross fit (because I know some who do cross fit but don't discuss it all the time), but for some reason, it seems like there's a higher percentage of people who cross fit and waaaayyyyy over-share. I work out too, but I'm not talking about it, posting about it, tweeting about it, etc. 24/7. I honestly don't get it :confused:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PintoBean|1437236663|3904485 said:
When people remove the shiny plastic surface protector from new items. Like, on a cellphone screen, watch face, watch bracelet, tv, etc. I leave them on until they start curling. Don't get me wrong, when they start bubbling a little, I do my best to smooth out those air bubbles. I...AM...SICk!!! :wall:

Along the same theme, I need to rant. I still had the cardboard vendor tag hanging on a string from the bottom of my dining room table. It's only been a month since we got it... :oops: we have guests potentially dropping by this weekend to see our new place, so I take a deep breath and prepare to literally...cut the cord. That's when I see it, a u shaped ding on the side of the table top! Like maybe a broom stick smacked it or something! The cleaning lady just left...could it be her? Could it be an older mark I didn't notice? Ugh, it's 1cm to 1/2 inch. The 2 mm of the bottom side is slightly jutting out because the displaced pressed board (grrr... It's not wood? I was told this was oak and oak veneer FML) that was pushed in, busted out a little at the bottom, like little layers. The table is off white distressed.... And I picked this because you see less dust on white colors and if it's distressed already, you won't notice any additional dings as readily! It doesn't matter. I'm sick to my stomach. I go grab my touch up kit for my HW floors. I pick away as much of the little flakey layers on the bottom as possible. I grab the stain marker first to just touch up the darker faux wood MDF or particle board, or assemblers brown lunch bag who knows... I dab, wipe away with napkin. It's slightly more peachy than the veneer. Ok. I next grab a crayon filler. To fill in the cracks. f#%^ I rubbed a little veneer off... It flaked a little... Very sick to my stomach now. It looks a little lighter, with some darkness peeping through. I wipe away excess crayon win finger. I grab the little container of urethane with its little nail polish brush and swipe,over the hairline cracks and crayon. I see that mark. It's there.,l it's there... Mocking me. Yes I paid a little extra for the "plan" at Ashley's, but I weigh how sick and amxious I would feel with strange man or men tromping into my house with shoes on versus the size of the ding. No, the tromping men would be worse for my sanity... I walk away, and try to accept the situation. DH comes home, I show him the mark, and he goes, stop touching it it looks great it looks like he rest of the table and its marks! :errrr: thud... I am writing this post from beyond the grave...

How funny. I can think of few things better than pulling of the plastic from new items. It's one of those little things that give me such satisfaction.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SMC|1437004438|3903336 said:
People who complain that the size 0 or size XS is "too big." I know there are people who struggle with weight on both ends of the spectrum, but I can't help but get annoyed at people who complain about being "too skinny," having metabolisms that are "too fast," or wishing that they "could gain weight." I will not sympathize with you unless you have a medical condition.

SO TRUE!!!

I also feel this way about women who complain about how their boobs are just "sooo large." Please.

Or how about women who complain that they are so fertile. You know, "My husband just has to look at me and I get pregnant!"
In my view, these are outright brags couched as "complaints."

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

People who wear outside shoes in the house. Those shoes have been in airports, public bathrooms, dirt, dog poop, gum, stores, etc. I don't need that on my carpet!!

The entire Kardashian family and all their ridiculous shows.

People who throw their cigarette butts (or other trash) on the ground. :angryfire:

Taylor Swift and her music.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock

People who loudly drag their flip flops on the pavement with every single step they take! Maddening.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

When you go to kill a bug and you can hear it crack under your fingers.

The sound of dogs licking themselves. Ugh it's like someone slowly stirring Mac and cheese. It's unbearable

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1437307386|3904736 said:
When you go to kill a bug and you can hear it crack under your fingers.

The sound of dogs licking themselves. Ugh it's like someone slowly stirring Mac and cheese. It's unbearable

Haha totally agree. Except for me it's the sound of them crunching under my shoes because I am not brave enough to kill them with my hands. :errrr:

And agree about the dogs licking themselves lol.

OK I HATE people who just stand in the middle of aisles blocking the whole aisle with their cart as if they are the only ones who exist or matter in this world. So annoying!!! We went to Costco and Whole Foods yesterday and sorry but this is my experience they are vastly different in every way. People at Costco are clueless. Slow moving and oblivious to blocking whole aisles with their cart. I always politely say excuse me and move my cart around them with skill and speed but my dh said I was a little bitchy yesterday when excusing myself past this incredibly slow moving woman and her daughter. He said I almost clipped them and I said that was my intent. To *almost* clip them because they were being so rude and inconsiderate and that I hoped it gave them pause for thought before blocking a whole aisle again, yanno? I did say excuse me. :Up_to_something: :cheeky:

Whole foods experience-people are way better dressed that's for sure and less people block the aisles. In general they seem to be more self aware and more considerate of others. Not 100% of course and there is always that person who will block the aisle etc However my experience is always better at Whole Foods with regards to polite and considerate people and not saying it is a universal one though that is always my experience compared to Costco. Just saying. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Costco and will never stop going there even with all the rude customers. I just will try not going there on weekends if possible but sometimes I have no choice.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock

Laila619|1437282622|3904684 said:
SMC|1437004438|3903336 said:
People who complain that the size 0 or size XS is "too big." I know there are people who struggle with weight on both ends of the spectrum, but I can't help but get annoyed at people who complain about being "too skinny," having metabolisms that are "too fast," or wishing that they "could gain weight." I will not sympathize with you unless you have a medical condition.

SO TRUE!!!

I also feel this way about women who complain about how their boobs are just "sooo large." Please.

Or how about women who complain that they are so fertile. You know, "My husband just has to look at me and I get pregnant!"
In my view, these are outright brags couched as "complaine]

The size thing is because of VANITY SIZING in the US. I love buying clothes in the UK/Europe because I'm a size 6 there. Here I'm maybe a 2, usually an xs, but that really depends on the brand. BCBG I'm a 2, Old Navy the 0 is hanging off of me. If I want cheap clothing I have to go to tween stores. Anything inexpensive and made for adults isaboit 4 sizes off so people feel better about themselves.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

I also agree that vanity sizing has gotten ridiculous. A 0 should be the smallest size, but yet it goes beyond that at 00/XXS or even 00/XXS petite sizes. I suppose XXL has existed for a long time (and rightfully so since generally speaking, people have gotten "bigger" over the years), but for the most part, women aren't getting "smaller", so the whole concept is so bizarre.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

People who wear high heeled shoes in my house. I am always afraid their heels are worn and the steel ball is ready and waiting to dent my floors. Nobody else worries about this but me.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Laila619|1437282622|3904684 said:

In my view, these are outright brags couched as "complaints."

You may like large breasts but not everyone does. Add in back pain, too tight shirts, bouncing breasts (yes, that hurts) and undesired attention, and, yes, I would like smaller breasts please. My aunt paid good money to get smaller breasts (as well as a pretty bad recovery). Just because you would like bigger breasts doesn't mean that a large breasted woman who complains is faking it, just as some smaller breasted ladies love theirs.

Now, for my whine. This migraine that is killing me doesn't seem to be bothering anyone else. Sooooo not fair.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Clothing sizes in general annoy me 5 different stores will have 5 different non equivalent sizes of women's clothing, they changed all the sizes because they did not want to offend people who are over a certain size so now you have to go oh that is the skinny sized store or that is the average person sized store or that is the bigger people's sized store. Women are not idiots - I personally don't need marketing to pretend I am smaller than I really am to feel better trying on clothes, I would feel better if there was one standard size in all stores... and it would make online shopping a hell of a lot easier as well.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

arkieb1|1438387070|3909594 said:
Clothing sizes in general annoy me 5 different stores will have 5 different non equivalent sizes of women's clothing, they changed all the sizes because they did not want to offend people who are over a certain size so now you have to go oh that is the skinny sized store or that is the average person sized store or that is the bigger people's sized store. Women are not idiots - I personally don't need marketing to pretend I am smaller than I really am to feel better trying on clothes, I would feel better if there was one standard size in all stores... and it would make online shopping a hell of a lot easier as well.

Agreed. I have an XS shirt that I just got from Zappos that fits. I was going to order the M, but it was out so I chanced the S and it was too big and had to return! I would've been swimming in the M had it been in. But then I tried on some clothes a couple weeks ago and some I had to go to L to get them to fit. That's *ridiculous*. XS and L? Why am I a 4 in some pants and a 10 in others? Cripes.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

All the rule followers! Whatever happened to rugged individualism?

I'm appalled to learn in hang out this past month (and DH had to confirm because I couldn't believe it) that Corporations own your private projects even if they're created in your off hours.

This is like modern indentured servitude and should be unconstitutional. :( Corporations are destroying this country.

I guess this is only the "land of the free" if you are unemployed. :rolleyes:

And all the PC talk is getting wearing!

Whatever happened to "freedom of speech"?

You can't insult anyone, even for a joke, like Jerry Seinfeld recently complained.

It's a slippery slope, I give it 20 years until we can't talk against the government, like some kind of fascist country. And all the PC people have no one but themselves to blame.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'm tellin ya iLander, we have "righted" ourselves into a corner.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

packrat|1438398876|3909640 said:
arkieb1|1438387070|3909594 said:

Agreed. I have an XS shirt that I just got from Zappos that fits. I was going to order the M, but it was out so I chanced the S and it was too big and had to return! I would've been swimming in the M had it been in. But then I tried on some clothes a couple weeks ago and some I had to go to L to get them to fit. That's *ridiculous*. XS and L? Why am I a 4 in some pants and a 10 in others? Cripes.

I hate when I try to buy the SAME item in multiple colors. Same brand, same size, same, same. And I try them on and they vary by an inch or more all around! WTH? :confused:

Just ran into this with Ralph Lauren shorts, in three colors. Now two have to go back!

iLander

Ideal_Rock

packrat|1438399052|3909642 said:
I'm tellin ya iLander, we have "righted" ourselves into a corner.

Seriously! Everybody is so damn easy to offend! Whatever happened to words will never hurt me? Or turn the other cheek? Or just ignore them?

People say dumb things because they are dumb people. Leave it there, let them flap their gums, whoooooooo cares?

But then someone's gotta whine about it. Because they're offended.

I think people need to get over themselves. They're not that special or precious. People may offend me or insult me or make inappropriate comments, but I don't whine about it, I know that's what happens in the big bad world.

People are just babies these days.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

People who take up a seat with their purse or carry on luggage when there are people standing and in need of that seat.

Misuse of "literally." I'm pretty sure it never needs to be said again, even if it's used properly. Just let it die a slow death.

"Like" talk. It seems like every teen in So.Cal does it and once I hear it I can't stop hearing it. Oh and my boss does it. I try so hard not to cringe when he does it, but it's tough. Really tough.

People who do the snorty phlegm thing over and over again. As with "like" talk, if I notice it then it's essentially all I can hear. Do us all a favor and blow your nose.

People who stop 10 feet behind the line at a stop light. Totally doesn't effect me in any way, but it still makes me want to go postal. The line is there for a reason!

I know there's more than this but I can't think of them right now. Life is just one constant annoyance for me most days. I'll just go hang with my kitties and be happy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

athenaworth|1438638406|3910636 said:
People who take up a seat with their purse or carry on luggage when there are people standing and in need of that seat.

Misuse of "literally." I'm pretty sure it never needs to be said again, even if it's used properly. Just let it die a slow death.

"Like" talk. It seems like every teen in So.Cal does it and once I hear it I can't stop hearing it. Oh and my boss does it. I try so hard not to cringe when he does it, but it's tough. Really tough.

People who do the snorty phlegm thing over and over again. As with "like" talk, if I notice it then it's essentially all I can hear. Do us all a favor and blow your nose.

People who stop 10 feet behind the line at a stop light. Totally doesn't effect me in any way, but it still makes me want to go postal. The line is there for a reason!

I know there's more than this but I can't think of them right now. Life is just one constant annoyance for me most days. I'll just go hang with my kitties and be happy.

I agree with all of the above especially the last part.

SMC

Ideal_Rock

Yes! Also, people that lean on subway poles so other ppl can't grab them. I do not want to curl my fingers around your spine but I don't want to fall either.

AND people who pretend to be asleep so they don't have to give up their seat to someone in need.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SMC|1438639059|3910642 said:
Yes! Also, people that lean on subway poles so other ppl can't grab them. I do not want to curl my fingers around your spine but I don't want to fall either.

AND people who pretend to be asleep so they don't have to give up their seat to someone in need.
When I see this I purposely hold the pole at such a spot where they are uncomfortable to lean on it and move haha. And I wiggle my fingers. I'm mean :Up_to_something:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

People who feel the need to be IN YOUR FACE while conversing with you. It's call respect my personal space. When you see my body backing away a little, Let Me!!!! Believe me I can still hear you.

Oh, and do you hear you lips smacking after every word you say?????? Because I sure can. AARGH!!!!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

ZestfullyBling|1438714605|3911081 said:
People who feel the need to be IN YOUR FACE while conversing with you. It's call respect my personal space. When you see my body backing away a little, Let Me!!!! Believe me I can still hear you.

Oh, and do you hear you lips smacking after every word you say?????? Because I sure can. AARGH!!!!

Yes!!

And your lip smacking one reminds me of another - people with too much saliva who don't swallow that sh*t before talking. I hate seeing the strings by the edge of their mouth.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

athenaworth|1438723208|3911146 said:

Yes!!

And your lip smacking one reminds me of another - people with too much saliva who don't swallow that sh*t before talking. I hate seeing the strings by the edge of their mouth.

OMG. That is really gross. I've never been close enough to a person to see that. Ugh... Maybe they don't know??

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

-Being invited to someone's house for dinner, and there is not enough food!If you're going to be cheap, don't invite people over.
-People who constantly complain about their weight and don't do a thing about it.
-People who wear designer clothing with noticeable flashy logos from head to toe

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

jaysonsmom|1438724381|3911152 said:
-People who constantly complain about their weight and don't do a thing about it.

*sigh* ^^this^^

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

athenaworth|1438723208|3911146 said:

Yes!!

Their just DROOLING over your jewelry.. :wink2:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

-Being invited to someone's house for dinner, and there is not enough food!If you're going to be cheap, don't invite people over.
-
Note to myself...Don't ever invite J'smom over for dinner b/c she eats like a PIG!... :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

-

This only happened once to us but I will never forget it. LOL. We had just had our friends over to our place (over 15 years ago now) and my dh made a wonderful dinner for everyone. Many options and all delicious and plentiful. As a host you never want to run out of foods or not have enough options so there is something everyone can enjoy.

Anyway these particular friends are very competitive and were very impressed with the wonderful dinner so invited us over to their place the very next weekend for dinner. OMG what a disaster. The food they had was very good *but* they hardly had enough for 2 let alone for 4. :-o OK I know I like to eat and I like not just quality but quantity I admit it but seriously it was not enough food for even 2. Greg and I took tiny portions because there would have been nothing left for the hosts. OMG.

They were clueless about it too. It wasn't about them being cheap I think it was a miscalculation on their parts but they do entertain a lot so maybe their other friends don't eat much? I mean most of her women friends are pretty skinny LOL. Oy we never went back to their place for another meal and instead we just eat out with them now. I don't like being hungry after eating dinner yanno?

Jaysonsmom, you and your family are invited over to our place anytime you are in town. I promise you will have plenty of food and then some. We will send leftovers home with you too. :appl:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

We just got back from two days in Omaha on a "mini before school vaca"...Oh my gawwwwwd this is why we live in a small town and rarely venture out. I just want to scream "There are other people on this planet besides YOU"..there are other people in this store, in this aisle, on this sidwalk..pay attention to where you're walking, pay attention to your kids b/c if *I* have to pay attention for you, you're not gonna like it. I hate crowds, but I can deal w/it if I don't have to constantly be on the lookout so I'm not running into people looking the complete opposite of the direction they're moving, and their kids running all over the place, parents pushing strollers w/no kids in sight, or the kids are pushing their *own* strollers and the parents are 20 steps ahead or behind and I or my kids are getting bumped/toes run over. NO patience for crap like that. None.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results