shape
carat
color
clarity

Lavender Pearls

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Lookie what I'm getting. :)

If anyone else has lavender pearls to show off, feel free to add them to this thread!

These are 9-10 mm DARK lavender pearls (omg they're SO hard to find!), 16 inch strand. 10 mm earrings. Can't wait 'til they arrive!

bangkok3.jpg

bangkok2.jpg

bangkok1.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
That color is gorgeous! Have you ordered from that company before?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! No, I haven't ordered from them before but I recall that someone else did and got some really nice pearls. I hope my recollection is right, anyway! We shall see... :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love those. The color is beautiful!

The closest thing to lavender pearls I have are the PP metallics I got a few years ago. Sharing 3 pics to show you. Not as lovely a lavender color as yours however. These are more pastel and light with a few lavenders only.

Please post your beautiful new necklace when it arrives. I hope you love it!

_32036.jpg

ppmetallicearrings.jpg

_32038.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
My bead nukes. Only got them cos of the dark colour. 11-13 mm

Dark purples are really hard to find. I've yet to see any pure nacre ones. Do let us know if they are as dark as the pics. Fingers crossed for you.

image_3600.jpg image_3602.jpg image_3601.jpg

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Purple is gorgeous. I had no idea pearls came in that color.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I have one freshwater lavender necklace. It's from PP. I wanted some lavender freshadamas. Tried two and returned both. They were either too off round or had some brown tones. This was around the time PP was selling pearls exotic overtones. Anyway he sent me this very pretty necklace of lavender pearls with strong silver overtones. Inside they look silver and you can't really see the lavender. Outside they look lavender. They are slightly graduated. I wish these photos weren't blurry.

lavender.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Another.

lavender1.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Last one.

_32045.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
some of my lavenders. Nothing crazy special, but they are very sun. And I do love them
[
img]http://www.pricescope.com/files/images/fullsizerender-48_4.jpg[/img]

fullsizerender_1_13.jpg

fullsizerender-10_0.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful lavenders, I'm putting them on my wish list!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful. Dark purple or "orchid" FW pearls are on my list.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Is lavender the correct term? I have a pair of studs that I love, but I always thought of them as plum. They are not the deeper color, but they have a metallic green orient. A matching necklace would be great!

I like the idea of orchid, but a search for orchid pearls results in a lot of dyed choices.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Seaurchin, that is a beautiful lavender colour. Can't wait to see your photos.

Icy_jade, so nice to see your Edisons again. I wouldn't call them lavender, though, perhaps simply purple. They are gorgeous.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enjoying everyone's lavenders!

This is my graduated strand from PP.

pp_graduated_lavender_metallic_5.jpg

pp_lav_metallic_1.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lavender fireball earrings from POJ and 50" lavender ripple rope from CC.

lavfireballearrings.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Lovely pretties, ladies!

My Bangkok Pearl set arrived. They're not as dark as in the photos above but I like them lots. It doesn't show well in my photos but the strand has lots of pink, blue and green overtones and is really pretty. The earrings are metallic mauvey-pink.

purple4.jpg

pearls7.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, sea urchin! :clap: :clap: :clap: Really pretty and they go terrific with your colours.

Now, how does it compare to your PP strand of lavender FWPs? (was that AAA?)

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Tucs!

They aren't all that comparable to my PP ones because those are 7-8 mm and AA+ grade (the "pearls by the inch" ones). They are medium shade and I had a choice of pinkish or blueish. I chose pinkish.

The Bangkok pearls are 9-10 mm, "dark lavender" and cost much more.

But here they are, side by side. I'm so happy to have found them both, I had quite the time trying to find lavender shades that I liked.

Now of course the camera refuses to show off the luster and overtones. :(

aalavenders.jpg

aalavenders.jpg

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Those are lovely.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the comparison, seaurchin. They do look much bigger than the PP strand!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty Seaurchin, they pearls look like fine quality and very round, would you purchase again?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I would buy from Bangkok Pearls again. My necklace was labelled "Best Product," and I was very pleased. So if I get anything else from them, I'll probably look for that "Best Product" label again. All things being equal though, of course buying in the US is more convenient (since I live in the US), and not necessarily any higher cost. But sometimes it's hard to find that specific thing you have in mind. :)

Also, thanks, ladies!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results