carat
color
clarity

Nordstrom Anniversary 2015

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first item from my haul is in!
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/gucci-marina-chain-59mm-oversized-sunglasses/3344138?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=SHINY+BLACK%2F+GOLD&resultback=3351

Gucci Marina sunglasses in havana. And darnit, they look GOOD on me! May everything else look TERRIBLE :naughty: well, ya know, if the wallet gets thinner, it's a good excuse to hit up the sale for a smaller, slimmer wallet :razz:

One odd thing... one of my phoned in orders doesn't show up in my nordstrom account when i look under orders...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
PintoBean|1436906535|3902816 said:
The first item from my haul is in!
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/gucci-marina-chain-59mm-oversized-sunglasses/3344138?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=SHINY+BLACK%2F+GOLD&resultback=3351

Gucci Marina sunglasses in havana. And darnit, they look GOOD on me! May everything else look TERRIBLE :naughty: well, ya know, if the wallet gets thinner, it's a good excuse to hit up the sale for a smaller, slimmer wallet :razz:

One odd thing... one of my phoned in orders doesn't show up in my nordstrom account when i look under orders...
Yea that is annoying. I never get an email, nor is it online, when one of my SAs puts stuff in. I hate that.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These rain booties came and they are cute! They,do look a little longer in the toe than I would like, but they are comfy and DH said they reminded him of combat boots... Ummm...ok, but that's a bonus bc he loved his combat boots and thought it was hot that I owned and wore them back in the day...
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/sperry-saltwater-waterproof-rain-boot-women-nordstrom-exclusive/4021183?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=BLACK%2F+GREY+WOOL&resultback=23

This pillow is very cute and matches my new daybed. I'm contemplating ordering another.
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/levtex-square-ruffled-linen-pillow/3937587?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=5508

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
We just got home from making a *MASSIVE* return sweep. Besides the ridiculous amount of boots ($2900 worht of the same damn pairs of boots!), we returned all the duplicates and poor fitting clothes which tallied up to another $2800. I packed each individual return by receipt/packing list into a separate plastic bag (like a target bag) which they totally appreciated. Both departments were thrilled with what was returned too, because it replenished some of their stock that was sold out. I lost tons of points but oh well.

ALSO-I learned that if you do the returns to another card, you still do lose the points. They've gotten wise to that little game. They pull up the original transaction and it still takes the points. Just FYI.

I have a laundry basket of "keeps" to check through and consider again, and my maybe pile. I need to enter my returns into my Spreadsheet and make sure nothing was missed in the scanning tonight so I can get that credited properly if it was.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1436722527|3901968 said:
Loves Vintage|1436702412|3901883 said:
I placed my order (a few pleione tops, sejour tops and pants for work, zella soul 2 capris, foxcroft sweater, vince camuto multi directional stripe top) and will try to look at shoes today (need very comfy flats).

Ame - Let me know what you think of the Classiques Entier JULIE Stretch Wool Pants. I need some back to work clothes and those look really nice (but more than I would typically spend)! Have you seen the Zella Flirt jacket? I should probably just order it to try it. Love the color, but not sure about that ruffle in the back.

SMC - Which stroller did you get?
I got the Thule Urban Glide: http://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/thule-urban-glide-1-jogging-stroller/3960573?cm_em=&cm_mmc=email_tran-_-071115-_-ship_confirm-_-proddescr1

It got good reviews on Amazon so we thought we'd give it a try!

Looks like a neat stroller and a GREAT deal!! I'm sure you'll love it!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: The Classiques Entier Pants---
I returned them all last night. The 16W fit me in the waist but the area from the crotch to the waist was so ....loose.... that it seemed like it was cut for a man! The 14 wouldn't button, the 18 was massive. But all of them had way too much material in the crotch. They were to me really nice in person though.

The Halogen Taylor Pant I couldn't even button. But I held it closed and it was SKIN TIGHT in the butt. I was disappointed.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting back about those pants. Sounds like they wouldn't work for me either, so glad I skipped them. I've only received one item so far - one of the Zella jackets, and I like it! Looking forward to getting everything else too. I very much need some new clothes!!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
lizzyann|1436818932|3902355 said:
Anybody own the Frye Billy short? Wondering how the sizing would be? I'm usually an 8.5 in shoes.
I don't own those particular boots, but I do own Frye Melissa Button Boots (knee-high) and they run a half size larger than normal. I'm usually a 7, but I had to return these and get a 6.5. You could always order them in a few sizes and return the ones that don't fit.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went through everything and decided to return a few more items that I just don't "need" or wasn't overly excited about.

Here's the KEEP so far:

-ONE pair of the Aquatalia Sophie Boot in Graphite Suede -- JUST ONE. :roflmfao:
-NuFace Trinity face zapper gizmo (I am curious about this...It might suck and go back)
-AmorePacific Time Response Eye Collection (I have been using a deluxe sample of the cream for a while and I LOVE it)
-Laura Mercier "the art of colour" collection--I dig the palette.
-12 Pair of the Nordstrom Seamless Hipster, 6 Black, 4 Navy, 2 Eggplant (Im boring...)
-4 Wacoal Tshirt Bras that were not on sale, to replace the ones I threw out that were older (I already wear this one)
-4 Chantelle C Magnifique that WERE on sale, to replace the ones I threw out that were older (I already wear this)
-2 Moving Comfort Fiona Sports bras (not on sale, to add to my others)
-1 Panache Sports Bra in Gray/Coral that is actually teal, to add to my others
-1 Barefoot Dreams Blardigan in the Burgundy shade
-1 Mesh Lingerie Bag to replace the one I threw out bec I broke the zipper bec I am a moron (I have like 10 of these things)
-3 Pair of the PJ Salvage Challe PJ Pants in Plus Size (I bought some last year and they are my FAVORITE pj pants, so I got three of the prints this year)
-2 Hard Tail Long Skinny Tanks, one Navy and one Berry in Plus Sizes
-1 Plus Size Zel-Dri tank in Blue Greece (I might buy another of these)
-2 of the Zella "Studio Tee" or whatever they called it this year, one Purple, one lime green
-4 different Zella Capris, including the black high waisted ones
-2 Halogen Zip Detail Sweaters, one blue and one gray
-1 Pleione Mixed Media top in Navy
-2 Caslon knit blazers, one in the purple, one in navy (the purple was different from last years)

Still in the Maybe Pile:
-Van's Navy Suede slipon
-1 Pr of my beloved CJ Cookie Johnsons (I am not sure the leg is a skinny boot enough compared to other pairs I have by her)
-2 pr of Maui Jims that were not on sale that I may keep one of or neither of

I gave up on the Missoni scarves. They all felt and looked cheap. I also think I am going to return the Ugg sneakers. I like them but I don't need them and I don't think I'll wear them enough to justify them.

I still have a few outstanding deliveries, the Flyknits that are smaller and the other bras and the smaller jeans but otherwise, I am done.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
ame|1437089177|3903850 said:
-ONE pair of the Aquatalia Sophie Boot in Graphite Suede -- JUST ONE. :roflmfao:
Did these run true to size? It says online to order half a size smaller.

Oh, and I also love the Halogen zip detail sweater in blue! I totally want it, but can't justify adding yet another sweater to my wardrobe.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
SMC|1437089734|3903853 said:
ame|1437089177|3903850 said:
Did these run true to size? It says online to order half a size smaller.

Oh, and I also love the Halogen zip detail sweater in blue! I totally want it, but can't justify adding yet another sweater to my wardrobe.
They are true to size, IMO. I ordered down, my size and up among my plethora of boots, and the ones in my size fit the best. If you ONLY wore with thick socks, half up would work, but I would not go down.

I liked the sweater so much I got both blue and gray. The zip being openable is awesome, bec I have a gut and it helped disguise AND allowed for customization ;-)

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
How long are your deliveries taking?? Mine are taking forever!!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Returned the tori burch ballet flats!!! My feet look wide and like they are in kayaks in them. :confused: :errrr:

My haul is trickling in... Slowly...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Almost everything of mine came Monday and Tuesday. I've had a few odds and ends trickling in since.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I ended up calling last night and for some reason one of my big orders hadn't been released (a call in) so they apologized and released it pronto! I did get this coat in though in a size Medium. I'm a size 8. It fits perfectly with a light weight shirt, but I just ordered the large because I'm worried if I wear anything heavier under neath it. But it is adorable! http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/sam-ede...tualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=853

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1436581649|3901507 said:
Shhh... I ordered more stuff!

Treasure and bond shirttail sweater plaid heather in L, and olive in XL
Chelsea 28 pleated hem sweater in burgundy L
Lots of bras... New brands that I've never tried before...
Trouve draped collar leather jacket. Xl in black, L in gray, M in saddle for moms bday.

The treasure and bond shirttail sweater in plaid looked good. The olive one, well, the shirttail that sticks out was wrinkly before i tried it on, so that is going to be returned.

The bras are no.... shame on me for buying blindly instead of trying on..

The Chelsea 28 pleated hem - not crazy about the sweater material, and the black pleats are see through, and a material that seemed like it would snag readily, and I have kitty cats...

The Trouve draped collar, size L in gray = the sleeves were a smidge long, and the jacket puckered a bit when i had it on - return. Saving the saddle color for mom's birthday end of August... The black one hasn't come yet, but i anticipate it having to be returned. The sleeves end in a zipper, so I don't know how easy that would be for nordstrom to tailor!

JJMMXX

Rough_Rock
This is possibly the best thread on pricescope. :love:
I love seeing all your scores!!!!

I shopped online but decided to go in-person for the final purchases. I went straight for the bony levy skinny bangles with the intention of getting just the white gold one. I walked out with white gold AND rose gold. :)

I got the Antica Farmacista home ambiance perfume in Ala Mana and Manhattan. They are amazing!!!!!!

Now I'm considering the Zella live-in capris. I typically love them but I am not sure what size to get. I guess I'll size down.

I feel like I have to go look at all the stuff you recommend now. I can't miss anything good.

Fun thread!! Thanks!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I took more stuff back today that I had piled up for returns, basically stuff that had trickled in and didn't fit. The flyknits are not working for me in either size, and the Ugg sneakers are just a bit loose after wearing them around the house for a day. Even with thicker socks. The normal size I'd get were too snug.

I also took back the NuFace thing. I used it three times and every time I put that thing on my face I got a massive headache for like 2 hours after. For giggles I tried it on DH, and he had the exact same experience. After both of us got headaches he said "take that snake oil zapper back!" I didn't notice anything different about my face, but he did.

I returned my CJ jeans, because I think they're just too big. I ordered the size down and those fit way more like I am used to. So they must run big this year.

I still have sunglasses to deal with, those are on their way, and I reordered more ZelDri tanks.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got measured today after returning the online purchased bras. I am wearing the right size, phew! We were lucky today because it's so hot and sunny that the crowd at Nordstrom was less than usual (stay at the beaches and pools, folks) so there was no wait at the two counters we made returns at, and there was no wait for the fitting, either.

Two winners for bras! I picked up the Natori Hidden Glamour and the Natori pure luxe. Very soft, smooth, light bras. I like the molded cups, which I feel give me a little oomph in the bust which in my mind will detract attention from my gut lol!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Halogen Olson studded flats... I ordered 7.5 and 8, but it turned out they run at least half size big, so I had to return them. I got so lucky because Nordstrom had in store one pair in size 7 in a color that was not online when I bought them... Natural snake skin pattern. They are gorgeous on me! And comfy! That slight heel does it. I can't wear flat flats...

Another wonderful discovery... The Hue denim leggings. Yes... I am so late to the jeggings game!

The Zella inspire Capri are wonderful. I have similar genie pants on that I got from Marshalls, rBX brand, but the Zella capris have a way comfortable wide waist band that doesn't make my apple shape have a muffin top. And the genie shaped poof is more slimming somehow than my RBX ones.

BFD cardigan in blue I was able to size down in the S/M. The sleeves are snugger than I'm used to, but I'm in the process of working some extra weight off so it will be perfect come winter.

I got the Pleione mixed media shirt, but it was too large. I like the black a lot. I am going to check for the shirt in petite.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results