shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Asscher Question

vrusso

Rough_Rock
I'm trying to get a gage on the prices for Royal Asscher (branded) diamonds. I realize that the price varies based on the quality of the diamond, but putting that aside, what is a general price on the retail market for a 1-2 ct. RA?

The reason I ask is that I've got a 1.56, F, VS1 branded RA, and I've been trying to decide whether to resell it or keep it (or maybe even buy another one similar to it). The certificate is below if that is of any help (I assume that I can post it since the diamond is laser inscribed, but if I can't due to internet fraudsters or periscope.com policy, please let me know).

Thanks for your thoughts, and glad to be a new member of the forum.

fullsizerender_88.jpg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
vrusso|1437020138|3903448 said:
I'm trying to get a gage on the prices for Royal Asscher (branded) diamonds. I realize that the price varies based on the quality of the diamond, but putting that aside, what is a general price on the retail market for a 1-2 ct. RA?

The reason I ask is that I've got a 1.56, F, VS1 branded RA, and I've been trying to decide whether to resell it or keep it (or maybe even buy another one similar to it). The certificate is below if that is of any help (I assume that I can post it since the diamond is laser inscribed, but if I can't due to internet fraudsters or periscope.com policy, please let me know).

Thanks for your thoughts, and glad to be a new member of the forum.

fullsizerender_88.jpg

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/ is the correct place to post this question :angel:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome! I am not sure we can help you because I don't know of any vendors here who sell branded Royal Asschers. The closest I see off hand is not branded and a color grade higher.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/ecommerce/1-50ct-e-vs1-asscher-diamond.html

I am not understanding why you would resell it and buy another similar one. If you do that, you sell at a discount and then buy new retail. If you love the stone, keep it! I am sure it is a beautiful stone!

vrusso

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the insight. I'm not looking to sell the diamond here. Just trying to get an idea of valuation. Also, if I do decide to sell it, I wouldn't then go buy another one. The only time I would buy another one is if I kept the diamond I currently have and wanted a second one to use to make earrings out of them. The current diamond is in an engagement ring that we have no use for.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Last time I checked the Royal Asscher Company was not producing new stones.
IMO such stones are very special- and if you do sell it, I'd press the advantage of the company being out of business- or at least no producing goods at this point.
If the stone is loose, I'd probably re-submit to GIA- it likely has an older GIA report.

PS- - we used to be a dealer, but it's been years- so it's possible my information is outdated in terms of current production. Maybe someone can chime in to verify.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good find Bryan!
It looks quite outdated, some of the dealers listed are out of business- vrusso, please let us know if you find anything

makeable

Shiny_Rock
I have a three stone RA that I purchased years ago. Somehow I lost the certs. The ring has been in the safe and out of the blue I had the desire to contact the company (through email) to see if I could get the certs replaced. That was June of this year. Mike Asscher was kind enough to get new certs from the laser inscribed ID number and send them off to me from Amsterdam. Great CS. I was pleasantly surprised.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I doubt that would be the most cost effective way to make a pair of earrings (not to mention maybe impossible to find an exact match), so selling might be your best bet. Some people have luck listing jewelry on Loupetroop and then posting in the pre-loved section here, all free. I would recommend going through one of the know PS appraisers to finalize the sale as they can verify the stone to the buyer and also hold the stone until you receive payment and then send the stone to the buyer. I am not sure who all offer that service, but you might check with Neil Beatty or David Atlas who are two of the well known, respected independent appraisers here (look under Resources, Appraisers).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results