shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
And a big congrats to Choro! What a story, but with such a happy ending! Can't wait to keep following along as you all make it home- hopefully without the need for any more street racing :lol:

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
MP, I'm so glad your babies are here & that your daughter's surgery was successful. I know it's still a long road but you are indeed a super mama & your babies are lucky to have you. You'll be in my thoughts & prayers as you & your baby girl recover & you all adjust to life as a family of 5. Big hugs to you.

Choro, congrats to you too! What a story! Glad everyone is doing well.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
I've survived my glucose test! It actually wasn't that bad, now to wait for the results.

Everything else looks good, I have to schedule my TDap with my PCP and I'm on to two week appointments. I got a support belt thingy today and I think it's going to help with some of the ligament and back pain. Onwards and upwards!

How's everyone else feeling?

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
MP, congratulations! I'm glad baby girl is doing well too. And my, those are great weights for twin births! Your girl has the same birth-weight as my full term singleton!

JGator, I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. Wishing for a successful recovery and that she gets the best treatment in Europe.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful babies mp! Keeping you all in my thoughts, and I hope you're recovering well amongst everything else x

Wow choro, that's quite a story! Congrats mummy!!!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
MP, congrats and hang in there. Thoughts, prayers, and hugs are with you. Hope baby girl is on the mend from the surgery. You did a great job to get them to such amazing birth weights too!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats to all of the Mommies and babies! I hope you are all doing well and healing in every way.

I'm officially in the second trimester now so I'm joining you all here in the big girl thread! NT scan and bloodwork were done last week and all normal so I'm feeling good. I hope you are all doing well and surviving in this summer heat!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Choro- Congrats on your daughter. It sounds like it was an eventful birth. I'm so glad everything turned out well.

AHL: Welcome to this thread. It's so nice to move over, isn't it? I can't believe you're already in the second tri!

AFM: 29 days till due date. Surely I can make it! The baby has dropped a bit in the last week and I am really feeling the pelvic pressure. I've had to completely give up going to the gym. It's just too uncomfortable. I worked a trade show for the last four days. I work it twice a year and it was much harder than I thought it would be this time. I had a stool to sit on as much as possible, but my legs dangled and the swelling was insane. I had swelling from my feet up thru my knees. Not fun. I drank a ton of water, but it just wan't enough. Thankfully I'm done now so I can try to keep them up today once I finish work.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

April20

Ideal_Rock
aviastar|1436460982|3900868 said:
I've survived my glucose test! It actually wasn't that bad, now to wait for the results.

Everything else looks good, I have to schedule my TDap with my PCP and I'm on to two week appointments. I got a support belt thingy today and I think it's going to help with some of the ligament and back pain. Onwards and upwards!

How's everyone else feeling?

I bought a support belt from Amazon last week. It was delayed coming a bit, so I bought a different one off the shelf at Macy's. I hated it and ended up returning it (I had three parts! One thing for below belly, another that attached and supported a little ways up and a third strap for across the belly. I felt like a trussed up turkey). I LOVE the one I got from Amazon. And it was like $13. It's like a stretchy ace bandage you can adjust and sits below the belly. It's made a HUGE difference for me. Much less back pain. I hope yours works well for you too!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Is anyone else stalking Amazon Prime Day? There are some great baby deals, but you have to be fast!!!! As in hit "add to cart" the minute the button is there. You have 15 mins or so from then to check out, so you can price check. I got the Graco 4 in 1 high chair for $110. It's $189 typically. I wasn't going to buy a full size high chair, but this one transitions from high chair to one that straps to a chair to a booster seat.

I've got other deals I'm stalking at 1:00 :)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, MP!!! You and the babies are in my prayers!!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
I've taken a gander at the prime deals today, but nothing I need is really being featured. Plus, I find it frustrating to have to scroll through all the lotions ad binkies to get to the stuff I would really base an order off of- I mean if I've got a cart going, sure throw those binkies in, but seriously I'm looking for a crib mattress, not bath toys.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
April, I stalked prime a bit earlier today - tried to get a small boys sleep sack, but was not quick enough!

AHL, welcome! Congrats on your NT results!

AFM, I fell down some stairs on Sunday night - wasn't paying attention and tripped on the last 3-4 stairs and landed on my back on the floor of our foyer. I called the doctor on call, and she said to come in the next day as long as no bleeding, cramping, or discharge. So, I went in on Monday and everything is fine. Baby is 1 lb and 11 oz and around the 66 percentile in everything. They looked for fluid levels and placenta issues and everything was fine. We were able to see a nice 3d image of the face this time too! He used to be horizontal (i think they call that transverse), but he's head down now. I have been feeling a lot more pressure when I get up from sitting, and I guess that's why. Our DD was always breech so that feeling is new to me. Also, I gained a lot of weight in 1 month - but they didn't say anything. I'm getting close to my total weight gain with our DD, and I am only 24.5 weeks! I'm scared! GD test is coming up - I need to book an appt at labcorp before my next doctor appt next month. Also, my BP was pretty low on the bottom number - 53, I think. Usually, it's 70 so that worried me, but the doctor didn't mention it, and I forgot. I bought a few more storage related items for the baby room and some Aden Anais swaddle blankets at Home Goods yesterday, and we transitioned our DD to a toddler bed so we are getting close to being able to move the crib out of her room to the new baby's room across the hall.

April20

Ideal_Rock
JGator- ouch! I'm glad you're okay. One of my bigger fears is falling down our basement stairs.

And about weight gain. Yeah...... I went for my 36 week appt today. I've gained ANOTHER NINE POUNDS. That's right people, I've gained 18 POUNDS in the last four weeks. It's all fluid, but I still have to lug it around! The doc felt really bad for me when she saw my feet. But my BP is normal (115/80) and no protein in my urine, so the fluid is an annoyance and not a concern. UGH. Oh, and I'm measuring nearly 3 weeks ahead and doc thinks baby is big based on feel. Whether that is big as in long or big as in weight, who knows. DH was 22". I'm hoping she's just long.........

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Avia, there is a mattress coming up at 7pm on Amazon - Sealy Soybean Everedge Mattress. Also, I think you might be in the DC metro area for some reason - if so, check out Great Beginnings in Gaithersburg - they have a location going out of business sale and floor samples are cheap. We got a nice crib mattress for $40 that retails for $150 last weekend. It's in the plastic wrapper and has never been used.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks J! I was out at dinner at 7, so I missed it ;(

I am in the greater DC area! Greater being the key word- Gaithersburg is outside my normal roaming area, although I'm making the trek to Potomac mills for ikea this week, so I do "head in" when occasion calls for it, it's an all day errand! Are you around here too? We should meet up!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JGator|1436986262|3903172 said:
April, I stalked prime a bit earlier today - tried to get a small boys sleep sack, but was not quick enough!

AHL, welcome! Congrats on your NT results!

AFM, I fell down some stairs on Sunday night - wasn't paying attention and tripped on the last 3-4 stairs and landed on my back on the floor of our foyer. I called the doctor on call, and she said to come in the next day as long as no bleeding, cramping, or discharge. So, I went in on Monday and everything is fine. Baby is 1 lb and 11 oz and around the 66 percentile in everything. They looked for fluid levels and placenta issues and everything was fine. We were able to see a nice 3d image of the face this time too! He used to be horizontal (i think they call that transverse), but he's head down now. I have been feeling a lot more pressure when I get up from sitting, and I guess that's why. Our DD was always breech so that feeling is new to me. Also, I gained a lot of weight in 1 month - but they didn't say anything. I'm getting close to my total weight gain with our DD, and I am only 24.5 weeks! I'm scared! GD test is coming up - I need to book an appt at labcorp before my next doctor appt next month. Also, my BP was pretty low on the bottom number - 53, I think. Usually, it's 70 so that worried me, but the doctor didn't mention it, and I forgot. I bought a few more storage related items for the baby room and some Aden Anais swaddle blankets at Home Goods yesterday, and we transitioned our DD to a toddler bed so we are getting close to being able to move the crib out of her room to the new baby's room across the hall.

I'm glad your fall wasn't a big deal. I hate falling while pregnant its such a little thing so calling feels silly but its so terrifying sometimes.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Avia, I'm probably a bit east of you but still west of DC!

Niel, this is the 2nd time in my life falling down stairs. The other time was when K was 4 months old, and I fell down carrying pumped milk to the refrigerator at 4am. That time was much worse. I had a massive bruise on my hip and needed to see a chiropractor. I'm feeling fine now.

AFM, my doctor said not to fast for the GD test and to eat lots of carbs before it. That sounds wrong to me. What did everyone else do?

SMC

Ideal_Rock
JGator|1437066127|3903618 said:

Niel, this is the 2nd time in my life falling down stairs. The other time was when K was 4 months old, and I fell down carrying pumped milk to the refrigerator at 4am. That time was much worse. I had a massive bruise on my hip and needed to see a chiropractor. I'm feeling fine now.

AFM, my doctor said not to fast for the GD test and to eat lots of carbs before it. That sounds wrong to me. What did everyone else do?
Ummm, my doctor told me not to each pancakes or too many carbs before the test because I would fail. I ate hardboiled eggs in the morning and no carbs that day until my test was over. I passed by a wide margin.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
No carbs or low carbs for several days before will help a lot and then no carbs at all on the day of the test. my understanding is that if you have food-related sugar in your blood it can massively skew the test.

April20

Ideal_Rock
JGator|1437066127|3903618 said:

I was told to fast for the 1 hour, which I failed. I was told to carb load for the 3 hour for three days prior and then fast after midnight the day of the test. I passed. From what I understand they wanted me to have carbs so my body didn't freak out with 100g of glucose if I hadn't been eating carbs at all before the 3 hr.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
I was told to fast for the 1 hr- still waiting on those results. But for serious, whose body doesn't freak out on straight artificial sugar after a fast? I made it through the test fine, but felt crappy the whole rest of the day- what a terrible way to set this test up! Let's just send pregnant women to drive home without even a finger stick to see if you are having massive insulin spikes or crazy sugar levels and zero instructions on what to eat for the rest of the day to flush all that crap out!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Pic from today since I will be out of pocket tomorrow for "Belly Pic Friday".

I'm really over being pregnant.

_32457.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jgator -- scary about the fall. Glad you and baby are okay.

You might check with your doctor on that low bp. When DH was adjusting his blood pressure meds, his bp dropped and I had to call the doctor. If I am remembering correctly, he had me checking frequently at home on our monitor until back up over 60 and instructions to get in to the office or ER if drop below 50.
I may have those numbers a bit wrong, but they were something like that. (may just have been sudden change and not exactly low numbers but he was very concerned when I called with numbers that were like you mentioned)

I am NOT a doctor. Just wanted to mention in case it is helpful. I know those numbers are a bit different for everyone.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
April20|1437094308|3903890 said:
Pic from today since I will be out of pocket tomorrow for "Belly Pic Friday".

I'm really over being pregnant.

Beautiful bump, though!! :))

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Finally got the results from the GTT at my appointment this morning- I passed! Horray! But just barely. Boo! 138 and the cutoff is 140. So what's out consensus here about 'borderline' results? The midwife I saw today kinda made a huge deal out of it, but didn't suggest a 3 hour. She kept mentioning 'my diabetes' for the rest of the appointment; i.e. you should increase your daily exercise, it will really help with your diabetes and even though you've only gained 2 lbs in the last 6 weeks (!!) you should watch your diet because of your diabetes. Um, I don't have diabetes- you just said I passed the test! I didn't like her much, but luckily I only had this appointment with her cause she was in the close by office today; I'm going with an OB delivery so I don't have to see her again.

And I am anemic, so I'll start some iron supplements. I am tired, but nothing I thought was extreme, so maybe I'll feel even better after getting my iron back up.

Other than that, things are really starting to move along now; nursery is making real progress, scheduled a meet and greet with our most likely peds group and a hospital tour, scheduled my TDap for next week, house reorganization is finally down to actual cleaning and organizing- all the furniture is in the right places, I think! It's amazing to me how much of a mess you have to make to organize and clean! :lol: :shock:

J- how are you feeling after your fall? Such a scary thing!

April- will you and/or your docs consider inducing a week or two early because of all the extra fluid? That's a lot to carry around, Mama! Hang in there, you are so close! I'm glad the belt worked for you, I also think its been really helpful!

Monkey- thinking about you and the babies!

Heeeey, AHL! Hope you are felling good!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Aviastar, if you passed, you passed! You do not have GD. I really question why your midwife would act as though you did. If she was truly concerned with your borderline results, then she should have recommended that you take the 3 hour test. There's a cut off number for a reason. IMO, it's a pass/fail kind of test, so being under is being under! Did she mention repeating it again in a few weeks if she's concerned at all? And 2 lbs in six weeks is NOTHING. Sounds totally reasonable, especially for where you are in the pregnancy.

AFM: Yeah, I'm really uncomfortable. My back is KILLING me most of the time. I cannot get comfortable. EDD is 3 weeks from today. The doc would induce me at 39 weeks, but I really don't want that as I prefer to let baby come when she's ready so that I don't run into my body not being quite geared up and an extended labor with pitocin or an unplanned c/s. I'm trying to just toughen up. I'm wearing compression socks daily as when I don't the skin on my feet is just so tender. It almost feels sunburned. So annoying.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still here! Hi to all, I wish a speedy few weeks for those of you with light at the end of the tunnel!

I had my regular check up last night and waited almost 2.5 HOURS just for weight, BP, urine, and Doppler. I was so over it by the time I left! It was nice though to hear the HB and know our "Booba" is doing well. Next appointment is early anatomy scan so we may find out the sex, I hope we do since it'll be the day before my Mom's b-day and we plan on doing cupcakes for her to reveal (we won't know either). Here's hoping the time goes by without indecent for us all!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Had 37 week appt today. My BP is edging up and combined with my insane fluid retention they are concerned im turning pre-e. I also measured 40 weeks. The doc thought I was 39 weeks until he looked at my chart again. I'm in crazy pain- back and across top of bump. They did blood work to check my liver. Basically if they find any medical reason to induce before 39 weeks they will encourage it. I was so opposed to this for so long but I NO LONGER CARE. I want her out. They think she's already in the 8 lb range. Terrifying!!!! Oh. And she's posterior!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, April! I say your pain is enough medical reason! I'll be thinking about you, whatever you and your doctors decide!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results