color
clarity

Things That BUG You That Don't Seem To Bother Anyone Else

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Things That BUG You That Don't Seem To Bother Anyone Els

And another thing.......

Why do people pay good money for jewelry, and then never clean it?
Countless times, friends will show me a ring, and ask my opinion, and the darn thing is so filthy underneath, and packed with who-knows-what, its hard to tell what the stone is. I've even seen dirty rings for sale on Ebay.
Just yesterday, a friend was showing me a London blue topaz ring she bought from a mall jewelry store. It was all cloudy with soap scum.
Coulda been a black opal, for how dirty it was.
Maybe I'm overly sensitive, but I take care of my bling, and I think others should, too.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock

People who laugh loudly and so widely that I see all the teeth and the gums, the tongue, the tonsils (yes, I'm exaggerating, but you get the picture). I'm all for smiling and laughing but when it's so big, it's undignified, it bothers me.

Flying &
Driving in big cities -- yep, I won't do either. I can't stand it.

The idea that I should get the whole gamut of medical tests. It's not the modern way and it could be a mistake, but I can't bring myself to get all the tests they say are necessary when my body seems to be a perfectly functioning machine. I'm old enough that every organ "needs" to be tested. :???:
Blood tests the past few years show everything normal and I feel good, so naggers just get shined on by me.

I'm my own brand of nutty but I'm happy. :lol:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock

Not to start something, but thin shaming.

Too many popular songs with the words "skinny b***es".

I'm training for a race so doing more cardio than normal and I'm down to 125 at 6 feet tall. I eat so don't say " that girl needs a sandwich " or cookie, or big mac or whatever. I tired of hearing it and I can't believe people condone negative comments about appearance.

Hate that stupid Megan Trainor song.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

When people say "that's funny" but don't laugh.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Using a sentence as their screen name.. :wall:

4ever

Ideal_Rock

The sound of the carving fork and knife touching each other when carving meat. Makes me dry retch, awful!
Biting into a passion fruit seed in a dessert. Texturally disturbing.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I agree with so many of these pet peeves. I am going to include my subway aggravations in this post.

Women who apply makeup on the subway. :knockout: :knockout: :knockout:
So disgusting and unhygienic and I feel sorry for the person sitting next to them because if the train stops short or lurches etc it could quickly become a disaster. Just yesterday a woman sitting across from me started with full face makeup application. Foundation, eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara, lipstick, etc. All on a crowded train during rush hour. It was gross.

People who eat on the subway. Full meals. :shock: Almost every week there is someone eating fast food takeout i.e. MacDonald's. Hamburger, fries, drink complete with mustard/ketchup application. OMG c'mon please people how uncivilized is that and also unhygienic. First of all it is against the law/rules but no one enforces this rule and that annoys me and then they litter.

Which brings me to my next pet peeve. People who throw trash onto the subway tracks. This causes fires and delays and is dangerous and also just wrong. Why do some people behave like animals? And I don't mean cute loving animals but wild animals without a care for another? In fact I cannot think of wild animals that exhibit such careless and disgusting behavior. My apologies to the animals all over for even making that comparison.

Healthy men and women who do not offer their seat to people who are elderly, women who are pregnant, people who are disabled or otherwise more deserving of that seat than they are. This happens all the time and while I always get up to give my seat if I have one to anyone who needs it this is much more the exception than the rule. Why are some people so callous and uncaring?

Blocking the doorways so people have trouble getting off and on the trains. Plain stupid and inconsiderate and rude. Me me me behavior exhibited all the time on the trains. :nono: :nono: :nono:

I am going to stop at these for now because I don't want to get my blood boiling this early in the day.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

chemgirl|1437015922|3903428 said:
Not to start something, but thin shaming.

Too many popular songs with the words "skinny b***es".

I'm training for a race so doing more cardio than normal and I'm down to 125 at 6 feet tall. I eat so don't say " that girl needs a sandwich " or cookie, or big mac or whatever. I tired of hearing it and I can't believe people condone negative comments about appearance.

Hate that stupid Megan Trainor song.

Yes! Let me add on to this. I'm going to try and say this as sensitively as I can becuase even when I do that I know its going to ruffle some feathers.

I have a problem with the new movement of "fat is beautiful"

This is not to say there aren't attractive women that are overweight, obviously there are. And I'm no supermodel, so I don't think anyone with an overage or curvy body type is fat.

To me it feels like one more way of objectifying women. Women have to be sexy. God forbid you be an unattractive women becuase that's what your self worth is tied to. I don't see this for men. You have an unattractive men in the world who are still valued for their brains, their humor, theircompassion. Women who have that, fine, but you still better smear on some make up and shove yourself into a bikini and tell the world your sexy becuase how else will you have any self esteem?

iLander

Ideal_Rock

These posts are all hilarious! :lol: :lol: More stuff that bugs me:

That crumb on your face. Wipe it off! I can see it! I can't eat my meal while you appear to be wearing yours. So gross, it makes me nauseous! I'm gonna heave if you don't get that off right this second!

Anywho. DO NOT say anywho! It is Not a word!

Beeping. Why does every. freaking. thing. BEEP? My oven timer is the worst, it beeps 4 times, then literally 4 seconds later (I timed it!) will beep 4 times AGAIN! I can't reach the button that fast!! God help you if you are in another part of the house, it will drill into your brain!

WHY do battery backups beep when the power goes out? I KNOW the power is out, it is dark in here! Stop with the damn beeping.

Websites that won't let you look at them without giving them your email address. Well EXCUUUUUSE me, Wayfair, keep your damn furniture! Hillary, et tu, Hillary?

Bicyclists that sneak up behind you, then suddenly pass you without a sound. What if I had the urge to step over for a second? I have two crazy dogs on leashes, yet you're hoping they won't move even an inch. Are you SHY? You can't say excuse me or on your left? Honestly if any of you hit me, I'm calling the cops.

Sink ickies. Putting your dish in the sink, with left over cereal, or soup, or whatever other gross thing, is gross. Eventually the bowl overflows, clogs the drain and then GUESS who has to put their hand in there to unclog it? DH doesn't do this anymore, but the kids still do.

My dogs and rain. Honestly, it's the same rain that has been going on for YEARS! And NO the rain gods will not be appeased if you dogs go out on the lawn and pee on it. During the rain. While I am standing there. In the rain. So do NOT ask me. Do not whine, make noises or freak out, you were just out there an hour ago. Seeing rain does not mean you need to make your own rain. Where did you two get this idea?

Apparently, there are many, many things that bug me. :)

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Niel|1437043552|3903499 said:
Yes! Let me add on to this. I'm going to try and say this as sensitively as I can becuase even when I do that I know its going to ruffle some feathers.

I have a problem with the new movement of "fat is beautiful"

This is not to say there aren't attractive women that are overweight, obviously there are. And I'm no supermodel, so I don't think anyone with an overage or curvy body type is fat.

To me it feels like one more way of objectifying women. Women have to be sexy. God forbid you be an unattractive women becuase that's what your self worth is tied to. I don't see this for men. You have an unattractive men in the world who are still valued for their brains, their humor, theircompassion. Women who have that, fine, but you still better smear on some make up and shove yourself into a bikini and tell the world your sexy becuase how else will you have any self esteem?

Plus one on this whole post, especially the bolded part!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Motorists who turn right without looking out for others. As a cyclist I have been cut off this way too many times. Excuse me you are not the only ones on the road ok? Let us share the road and play nice. I obey the rules of the road whether I am a motorist, cyclist or pedestrian as we all should. iLander, for the record I always announce my presence if planning to pass another cyclist or pedestrian and always do it on the left with a sufficient amount of time re warning and not in an overly loud or rude tone. Nice and calm and polite and even friendly as I always say hello while passing someone in addition to the forewarning. It is not that difficult to be polite and considerate. ::)

ETA: motorcyclists who weave in and out of traffic. So dangerous.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Oh, I probably have quite a few, but these are the ones that come to mind immediately:
-Gum chewing (I hate the smell, the look, etc.)
-wearing (what most would consider) pajamas in public
-bringing your bed pillow to the airport/airplane
-parents who let their children run amuck in public

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock

Here are a few from the gym that drive me crazy!

People who grunt loudly when lifting weights

People who wear heavy perfume

Someone who leaves a wet sweaty seat behind without wiping it off.

People who sing along loudly with the music they are listening to!

People who hog a large area and have half the gyms equipment for their own use.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

We have a 2 to 5 minute pick up lane outside my son's school there is one very tiny tree in the middle of it planted out the front of the school. There are about 3 parents who think it's totally O.K in summer to park under the tree and refuse to more forward in the line of cars, they block the rest of the cars from moving forwards. I have almost had rage - as in been on the verge of getting out of my car and knocking on the window and abusing one large guy and another different lady who seem to think its O.K to block all the other parents. It's hot we all want shade too but most of the parents don't block the road and screw up the whole system just so we can sit where it is cooler. Not to mention what they are doing is probably illegal as well....

I told my husband that I was going to get out of my car take photos or videos of them with my Iphone and name and shame them on the schools facebook site. :bigsmile: My husband who is obviously a calmer person than I am thinks that this is a bad idea, the school zone road blocking tree parkers don't seem to bother him at all.... :roll:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SMC|1437004438|3903336 said:
People who complain that the size 0 or size XS is "too big." I know there are people who struggle with weight on both ends of the spectrum, but I can't help but get annoyed at people who complain about being "too skinny," having metabolisms that are "too fast," or wishing that they "could gain weight." I will not sympathize with you unless you have a medical condition.

I have an issue that any one, anywhere would be considered a size 0, or worse, 00. Really? The person is so small she (and we know they don't use zeros for men) is nothing? Or double nothing? Come on!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

This is one you see in my neck of the woods a lot. Women who wear spandex workout clothes all day long because they want to show off their bodies. Yes, I get that you work out, but you don't have to wear it to the grocery store, to school play at night, or weekend parties.

Same goes for 40-something's in juicy couture sweat suits and "pink" sportswear that are showing their thongs. I get it, you're 40+ and in great shape, but have some class!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

Loose hair.

When my jewelry is dirty.

When people don't pre-bus when we go to eat together.

When my own jewelry hits the desk constantly (It bothers me b/c I think it's bothering others and it isn't).

When people complain about horse trailers on the road. Major major pet peeve.

Gum popping.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock

people who put recyclable materials in a trash can . . . especially when the recycle can is right next to the trash can

people talking and/or texting on their cell phones in a grocery store -completely- oblivious to how they are blocking access to lanes/items for others

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Other people in general :lol:

Most social gatherings, especially large ones or obligatory ones (big parties, birthdays, Mother's Day, all that stuff that you're "supposed to do.")

Visitors of any kind - but especially unannounced. Mi casa es NO su casa. :lol:

People who walk their dogs without a leash

People who let their cats roam outside

People who don't protect their animals

People who bombard you with questions the minute they see you (so overwhelming)

People who need to listen to music while they clean, while they cook etc (quiet is nice!)

Manicurists who don't polish all the way to the cuticle or do it with the first coat but not the second arrggghhh

SMC

Ideal_Rock

People who aren't ok with splitting the bill evenly, especially when the party is larger than 4 people. I get it when you're a broke college student and only want to pay for the stuff that you ordered, but when we're all working professionals, it seems nitpicky to want to pay a few dollars less because the entree you ordered was a bit cheaper. And once one person decides to calculate their meal based on what they order, they more or less force everyone else to do it too - then calculating the individual payments + tip becomes a headache.

One time, I dined family style with a group and at the end of the meal, one girl insisted on paying less because she didn't try one of the dishes. Seriously!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

When the Special K box says 10 grams of protein, but it's really 6 (plus 4 if you add milk), even if it's later clarified in smaller print.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock

SMC|1437065234|3903608 said:
People who aren't ok with splitting the bill evenly, especially when the party is larger than 4 people. I get it when you're a broke college student and only want to pay for the stuff that you ordered, but when we're all working professionals, it seems nitpicky to want to pay a few dollars less because the entree you ordered was a bit cheaper. And once one person decides to calculate their meal based on what they order, they more or less force everyone else to do it too - then calculating the individual payments + tip becomes a headache.

One time, I dined family style with a group and at the end of the meal, one girl insisted on paying less because she didn't try one of the dishes. Seriously!

I think this is something that varies by geography. We go out all of the time with friends and always pay for what we order, never an even split. Nobody has ever suggested otherwise.

A pet peeve of mine is restaurants that won't split the bill!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1437003917|3903333 said:
Women who think liking star wars somehow makes them "geek sexy"

It's one of the most popular movies of all time!

It's like a woman being like "you know what show I love, Seinfeld. I don't know if you've heard of it. I've seen every episode.My favorite character is the soup nazi. he's kind of obscure."
No Niel, you need to play Legend of Zelda in order to be "geek sexy!"

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can't sit through a song I hate. I have a visceral reaction if I am made to listen to awful music. I don't understand how others can just happily get through a song by Green Day. :mad:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

House Cat|1437067848|3903645 said:
Nooooooo, I like to play LoZ.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

KaeKae|1437057389|3903556 said:
SMC|1437004438|3903336 said:
People who complain that the size 0 or size XS is "too big." I know there are people who struggle with weight on both ends of the spectrum, but I can't help but get annoyed at people who complain about being "too skinny," having metabolisms that are "too fast," or wishing that they "could gain weight." I will not sympathize with you unless you have a medical condition.

I have an issue that any one, anywhere would be considered a size 0, or worse, 00. Really? The person is so small she (and we know they don't use zeros for men) is nothing? Or double nothing? Come on!

Right? Even most stores that cater to smaller people only carry down to a waist size of about 25. Consider that many models have waists that are 23/24 inches. But if we started the sizing there, then we'd be like UK sizes, and my American size 4 would be a size 10, and apparently our delicate egos can't handle that. Which leads me to another pet peeve: why do men get waist-size fitting pants but women only do in some more expensive brands? My waist-size fitting pants fit me SO MUCH BETTER than my regular number size ones - no muffin top or awkward gaping or anything.

Niel|1437043552|3903499 said:

Agreeeeeee.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy|1437039683|3903493 said:
Women who apply makeup on the subway. :knockout: :knockout: :knockout:
So disgusting and unhygienic and I feel sorry for the person sitting next to them because if the train stops short or lurches etc it could quickly become a disaster. Just yesterday a woman sitting across from me started with full face makeup application. Foundation, eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara, lipstick, etc. All on a crowded train during rush hour. It was gross.

This reminds me of something I saw on another forum - a woman who was planning how to wash her face on the airplane on an 8-hr flight. She was going to lather up with facewash, use the hot towel to remove it, apply toner with a cotton pad, and then apply moisturizer. Both right after she got on the plane and before they landed. I was like WHAAAAAAAT?? That would be SO ANNOYING. Moreover, she stated that she'd gotten complained about multiple times and was trying to alter her routine so no one would complain. I was like, lady, if you're washing your face at your seat AT ALL, people are going to complain. I understand wanting to take care of your skin but a) it's really not necessary to wash your face twice during that period of time, b) just wash it before you leave?, c) if for some reason you really can't then wash it in the airport bathroom which is at least a bathroom. I dunno just the thought of someone washing their face and using the hot towel to wipe it fills me with rage.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Smells bug me. I don't want to smell anything. Not your perfume, not your laundry soap, not your BO, not your lunch and especially not your cigarette. It irritates me to no end when someone stands in the doorway of a public building or even a few feet away from the doorway smoking.

Use of speakerphones at the office. I seriously had to endure a co-worker talking to his fiancé every single day about every single wedding decision they made. I was so happy when they finally got married and I didn't have to listen to it anymore. I have terrible hearing and I can tune most things out easily but the speakerphone thing makes me crazy.

Gum chewing. Ewww. Be subtle if you must.

Waiting until you are at the cash register and THEN pulling out your check book and beginning to write a check. Double bonus f-you if you make me wait behind you while you write your check and subtract the amount from your balance.

Leaving urine on the toilet seat because you want to hover. I promise you will not catch anything from sitting on the seat. If you insist on hovering, please clean up after yourself. Also, if you cover the toilet seat with toilet paper, don't leave it there for the next person to clean up. You made the mess. You deal with it.

I guess I'm crabby today.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Chrono said:
House Cat|1437067848|3903645 said:
Nooooooo, I like to play LoZ.

Come on, Chrono, you know you're geek sexy! :)

Show us your piercings! Come on . . . :naughty:

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Can people in business REALLY not answer their phones these days? Seriously? Is it considered uncool to pick it up when it's ringing? Does voicemail make you feel powerful? Honestly?! Just answer your damn phone, I'm sick of people pretending their in meetings all the damn time. ESPECIALLY if I've been at your office and phones are ringing everywhere while everyone stands around and chats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results