shape
carat
color
clarity

Can't believe I'm posting this... I'M ENGAGED!!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I'm still in shock that I'm ACTUALLY writing this post! Seriously ladies, but after almost 4 years of dating and over a decade of friendship I can 10000000% say this is it!

Details and pictures coming!!!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ckrickett-many congratulations!!! Very happy and excited for you! Wishing you a future of happiness, health and much love always!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
WaHooo! :appl: Much happiness to the two of you.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
YAAAAYYYYY! You stopped shooting yourself in the foot, I see!

Can't wait to see pictures of that fabulous ring, Ms. ckrickett! :appl: :appl: :appl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
I am so very happy for you!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Now where is that ring?! And the story?!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Come back with the story and pictures!! :))

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! We need pics!!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
And I'm back! With the engagement, by birthday my sisters birthday and getting swamped at work I had to put the story and pics on hold! But I have a SMIDGE of time so here we go!!!!

My birthday was pretty lackadaisical which I really prefer. Woke up had breakfast with my mom and significant other, then came home and had an after breakfast nap. When we woke up he informed me we would be going to Morikami (that's this BEAUTIFUL Japanese garden and museum)and we had lunch there and just walked around.I always love going there so it was a lot of fun, but it was so hot and humid (gotta love south florida weather) so we stopped and sat on a bench that had a really great view of the lake and we just talked then he proposed (his first words, which I think he is tired of me telling everyone is "This is as good as you are going to get" Which I thought was sweet, because it was a beautiful day, and the proposal was completely him!).So that's my little story! I got to walk the first half of the gardens his girlfriend, and the other half his fiancee!

The ring is a hand me down from his mom. The only details I have are what she knows or thinks she knows off hand. Center is just under a carat, and the ring is a beautiful edwardian style setting on platinum with a lot of very sparkly side stones. I still can't get over how this thing sparkles!

Pictures of the ring, and the view directly after he proposed! :D

_9017.jpg

_9018.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!! Congratulations! The view on that lake is gorgeous and THAT RING!!! Beautiful! Can we get more pics? <3

:love:

Stephny691

Shiny_Rock
That's wonderful news! Congratulations! And what an amazing placed to get engaged. XXXX

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
A million congrats, ckrickett! :appl:

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
:appl: :love: Congratulations! What a pretty ring and wonderful engagement story... And yeah, we need more pictures. Lots more pictures.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!! I will post more pics when I get done with work!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
lovely ring, lovely location what a great day for the two of you.
:)

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great view, indeed. Congratulations!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely ring! Such intricate design. Beautiful. And congrats! :bigsmile:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! What an incredible heirloom to inherit, I am so glad it is now out of your jewellery box for good!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
We need more pics. ASAP.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Ahhhh what a beautiful ring!!! And a gorgeous view of course!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Here's another photo. Ill have more once I bust out my camera and stop using my phone!

_9328.jpg

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
I love reading these stories! I'm late on the congrats, but your proposal sounds wonderful! :appl:

I love the intricate design on your e-ring :)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
minidancer|1398809226|3663052 said:
I love reading these stories! I'm late on the congrats, but your proposal sounds wonderful! :appl:

Thanks MiniDancer!

The ring is gorgeous! Originally I was going to buy the ring myself (I was looking at 1.5-2 carat james meyer rings) but his mom wanted me to have this one, and the stone is .5.

Not for a second did I have any carat envy or doubts, the ring is gorgoues, the diamond is a beautiful little OEC FIREBALL! and everything about it is perfect!

Best thing about it all is the man I get to marry! I could have a ring pop on my hand for all I care! (as long as it wasn't grape flavored :sick: :rolleyes: :nono: )

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement, ckrickett! Your ring is gorgeous and it looks lovely on you!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations ckrickett! That really is a very lovely ring, and how super-lovely of your m-i-l to share! It shows you are loved and accepted by the whole family.

On PS it just soooo easy to get sucked in to some kind of 'race to the bottom' in terms of size of the main stone, especially in the 'once-in-a-lifetime' excitement of actually going through the e-ring process (I had the same bizarre 'high pressure' indecision when it came to wedding dresses) ...
BUT
I honestly really love your ring, it is special and just oh-so-perfect!!! It will be a covetable heirloom for many many years to come!!
AND
I bet it suits you very welll!!

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
ckrickett|1400599820|3676791 said:
minidancer|1398809226|3663052 said:

Thanks MiniDancer!

The ring is gorgeous! Originally I was going to buy the ring myself (I was looking at 1.5-2 carat james meyer rings) but his mom wanted me to have this one, and the stone is .5.

Not for a second did I have any carat envy or doubts, the ring is gorgoues, the diamond is a beautiful little OEC FIREBALL! and everything about it is perfect!

Best thing about it all is the man I get to marry! I could have a ring pop on my hand for all I care! (as long as it wasn't grape flavored :sick: :rolleyes: :nono: )

:appl: +1 for this attitude. The ring is a symbol. The big deal is you get to celebrate spending the rest of your life with your best friend. ... But it doesn't hurt when the symbol is just beautiful like this one! :devil: Please post more pics :))

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful and meaningful ring! Congratulations!

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!!! Congrats! :clap: :clap: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results