shape
carat
color
clarity

Social Media for Criminals? WHY?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
So this has been kind of bothering me; the Facebook accounts of ISIS, the recruiting of terrorists through social media, etc.

Now Donald Trump’s Twitter war with escaped Mexican drug lord, El Chapo.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
"Can you envision Jeb Bush or Hillary Clinton negotiating with 'El Chapo', the Mexican drug lord who escaped from prison? …."

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
"...Trump, however, would kick his ass!”

And then the drug lord RESPONDS

"And I still f---ing make you swallow all your whores f---ing words," El Chapo wrote in a tweet to Trump on Sunday.

What the heck?

Why do these social media companies allow these degenerate criminals to HAVE an account? :confused:

Don’t tell me freedom of speech, this falls under the “It’s illegal to yell Fire in a crowded theater” ruling. Right?

Why aren’t these social media companies responsible? They are effectively promoting and abetting terrorists and criminals. Isn’t that illegal? I don’t think it’s asking too much that they block these people and limit their influence.

Why is this allowed to continue?

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Considering the s#$% donald trump has said about mexicans, I'd probably have written something similar haha.

But to the original question - a) no way to prove its actually him b) its probably more helpful if it IS him to catching him; technology and whatnot.

I also think this isnt really a freedom of speech thing, its a terms of the website thing. For example, on twitter they allow nudity. Instagram doesnt. posting the same photo (nude) on both sites would get your account banned on one, a whole lotta retweets on the other.

Its like saying how can a criminal have an email address. They've had access to letters/emails for a long time now, this is just the more visible online world.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Good points. It's probably not the real drug lord, and if it were, the electronic trail makes it easier to catch him. The CIA, FBI, Interpol etc. is all over reading emails, Facebook, etc. Someone I know knows someone who works for Homeland Security and that person practically lives on-line reading private messages, emails, Facebook trying to catch criminals and strengthen national security...legal or not, they do it...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results