shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl Paradise July Clearance Sale

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Those are lovely, Kay! Too bad I already own a similar pair.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Frost Me|1436558611|3901400 said:
Ooh,really fun and pretty Kay, I keep looking at that pair. I wear dark heavy framed glasses daily and I just don't think that dangles look good with glasses. When I wear contacts I love dangles or hoops…so I have started wearing contacts more. Does that justify a purchase? :shock:

It seems like enough justification for a $112 purchase. :naughty:

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh,really fun and pretty Kay, I keep looking at that pair. I wear dark heavy framed glasses daily and I just don't think that dangles look good with glasses. When I wear contacts I love dangles or hoops…so I have started wearing contacts more. Does that justify a purchase? :shock:

I wear glasses all the time too but that has not stopped me from wearing dangling earrings at all. I used to think what you do about glasses and earrings but have since changed my mind. I think it depends on how you style it.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
enbcfsobe|1436542632|3901299 said:
I am refraining, but for those partaking, maybe try this coupon code -- it came in a stalker popup ad on another site. It says SSPs are on sale, take additional 10% off with code SUMMER10. Worth a try? Happy shopping!

I get the stalker popup, but for Tahitians. Same code.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I wear fancy earrings with my glasses all the time. Nobody notices my glasses, but they oooo and ah over my earrings. Trust me. Great earrings make glasses disappear.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also wear glasses all the time, and dangles are great!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My studs came. I like then though I'm used to slightly larger studs they feel a tad small. My 3 year old grabbed them,dropped them, and lost one of the backs in about 1.3 minutes of me opening them. Please tell me what you think of combining my studs. I can't tell if I love it or its tacky.

imag4845_1.jpg

imag4843_1.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
YC|1436570529|3901466 said:

I wear glasses all the time too but that has not stopped me from wearing dangling earrings at all. I used to think what you do about glasses and earrings but have since changed my mind. I think it depends on how you style it.

I have tried many times, then I remove them and resort back to pearl studs or diamonds with my eye glasses. :wall:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I really love the color of the pearls Niel :love: , very rich. You will go to those in the Fall season for sure. It's the pearl shrinkage syndrome PSS. I vote to keep, I wouldn't think you could find better quality at a local dept. store at least not in my city for that price. I'm not sure if I would combine the two, but it is not tacky. May have to purchase for my DD for Christmas.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Kay|1436567704|3901458 said:

It seems like enough justification for a $112 purchase. :naughty:

Yes, done! :tongue:

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Frost Me,
I have long hair so that kind of hide the earrings a little. When my hair was very short, I only wore studs cos anything longer looked odd on me.
And I wear only short dangling ones, no long ones.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1436641726|3901713 said:
My studs came. I like then though I'm used to slightly larger studs they feel a tad small. My 3 year old grabbed them,dropped them, and lost one of the backs in about 1.3 minutes of me opening them. Please tell me what you think of combining my studs. I can't tell if I love it or its tacky.

I love them together!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frost Me|1436651976|3901776 said:
I really love the color of the pearls Niel :love: , very rich. You will go to those in the Fall season for sure. It's the pearl shrinkage syndrome PSS. I vote to keep, I wouldn't think you could find better quality at a local dept. store at least not in my city for that price. I'm not sure if I would combine the two, but it is not tacky. May have to purchase for my DD for Christmas.
Yeah I plan to keep them. I didn't pick out the white studs so I have no idea the size of them. They were a wedding gift from my sister. Because of that I wasn't sure how big these would look on my ear. Turns out I guess my ear lobes are big lol.

Glad to know at least you don't find it tacky. I really like them best in my second holes, so I think I might sport them this way until I get something else to wear in my lower holes

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1436694245|3901875 said:
Niel|1436641726|3901713 said:

I love them together!

Oh good. I think I'm a fan too ::)

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
BWeaves|1436794522|3902206 said:
I love the pair of studs!

It's very 1970, and I mean that in a good way. I really like the look.

See Betty Draper Francis from the last few episodes of Mad Men. Her earrings are a single earring designed to look like a pair of studs.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2217694!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_635/mad-men-season-7b.jpg

Thank you for the photo! But it occurs to me that perhaps January Jones has her ears double-pierced. Two larger studs will touch and look like one earring.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
That double stud look was very in in the late 1960's early 1970's, but it was a single earring. My grandmother used to wear her pearl drop earring upside down to get "that look." Nobody double pierced their ears back then. OK, maybe the hippies. I'm talking about the Betty types. I'm sure January Jones is wearing a single pair of vintage earrings for the MadMen photo.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone bought one of the WSS/Tahitian harvest strands yet? I'm so curious to see one IRL....

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
BWeaves|1436901380|3902783 said:
That double stud look was very in in the late 1960's early 1970's, but it was a single earring. My grandmother used to wear her pearl drop earring upside down to get "that look." Nobody double pierced their ears back then. OK, maybe the hippies. I'm talking about the Betty types. I'm sure January Jones is wearing a single pair of vintage earrings for the Mad Men photo.

I don't recall seeing anyone in double pearl earrings, but it could easily be a regional thing. We didn't have many Betty Drapers on this coast; we did have hippie chic, paisley, beads, and fringe, and 'be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.' ;-) That was one thing I liked about Mad Men, the sharp contrast between the two coasts.

I'm a little surprised that there won't be any more new items added to the sale. I guess sales were brisk!

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I remember the double stud look on the East coast / Florida in the late 60's early 70's, so it might have been regional.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ennui|1437010671|3903376 said:
I'm a little surprised that there won't be any more new items added to the sale. I guess sales were brisk!

I've actually been surprised at how slow things have seemed. This sale last year stuff was just flying off the shelves so to speak. We were all buying, posting about it, posting our picks as stuff arrived...it seems to me that there was just a lot more excitement. Then there was the Tahitian sale, the Connoisseur sale...it seemed like a lot of rounds of fun. Since then things have seemed almost dead. I thought the economy was picking up? (not here, unfortunately, but for you guys in the US).

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1437177566|3904313 said:

I've actually been surprised at how slow things have seemed. This sale last year stuff was just flying off the shelves so to speak. We were all buying, posting about it, posting our picks as stuff arrived...it seems to me that there was just a lot more excitement. Then there was the Tahitian sale, the Connoisseur sale...it seemed like a lot of rounds of fun. Since then things have seemed almost dead. I thought the economy was picking up? (not here, unfortunately, but for you guys in the US).

The economy isn't really picking up. Please don't believe the headlines. I hear that gas prices are going down, so that always helps.

I saw some things I liked that had already sold out. I didn't check often enough, and then I'm a slow thinker on top of that. :lol: Adding to the confusion, I've been lurking in the diamond sections.

Someone bought that wSS/T harvest strand. Was it you? :naughty:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I have noticed things being slower. But I thought maybe it was me, that it just didn't seem like as much going on to me since I'm more familiar with pearls and have more pearls now. But sure, it could be that there's just not as much play money around this year...

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I am Loving these 9mm Akoya and aquamarine dangles, I am so surprised!!! The pearls are beautiful. :love: :love: img_8257_0.jpg

New Freshadama Custom Bracelet with Akoya Earrings.

img_8260.jpg

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
VERY pretty FrostMe ... I was so tempted by those earrings :)

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ennui|1437178301|3904315 said:
cmd2014|1437177566|3904313 said:

The economy isn't really picking up. Please don't believe the headlines. I hear that gas prices are going down, so that always helps.

I saw some things I liked that had already sold out. I didn't check often enough, and then I'm a slow thinker on top of that. :lol: Adding to the confusion, I've been lurking in the diamond sections.

Someone bought that wSS/T harvest strand. Was it you? :naughty:

No,with gas prices falling, our economy goes with it so our dollar is at a record low. It makes everything $$$ between exchange, shipping, and duty. Plus, DH's work has slowed down a bit too (his work is tied to the oil industry). More reason to be frugal I'm afraid. Thank goodness I have a collection of goodies to see me through! ;-)

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those look beautiful on you Frost Me! They'll be really fun to wear!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pearls Frost Me - they look lovely on you.

My 50" rope arrived today, I love it! My camera couldn't capture how beautiful and lustrous and pink the pearls are. They are whiter and less creamy IRL.

_32592.jpg

_32593.jpg

_32594.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results