shape
carat
color
clarity

Finding Tiny Dress Pants

Zappy

Shiny_Rock
Hi PSers,

I am starting a new job soon and it has been a struggle finding new work clothes. I am primarily concerned about finding dress pants that fit. I checked out Limited, Express, and Loft today and all of their 0 and 00 pants were huge on me. The smallest I have found so far is 00 from Theory, and even those are a bit too big. To give you an idea of how thin I am, I wear size 23 in Miss Me jeans and still need to pull them up once in a while.

Does anyone have any suggestions of brands I can try that might fit like Theory? If not, does anyone know where I can buy Theory at a discount price?

TIA!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Only 2 things I can think of....buy the smallest 0 or 00 and get them tailored at a cheap alteration place (usually found at dry cleaners) or you can check out the Asian fashion boutiques (usually Vietnamese or Korean owned), found in strip malls. Their sizes are probably more in line with yours.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
One more suggestion.... Banana Republic sizes run really small, and their 0's are true zeros. Most of my Asian friends like their stuff because their XS or S actually fit them. However, if you are tiny tiny, do not buys things on line. I find that online clothes err to the larger side, so that they don't have to deal with returns. Case in point.....I shop at the Loft a lot, and I know my size. When I order the same size jeans from the Loft website, they are always slightly looser.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Theory has outlet stores. Maybe there's one near you. http://www.theory.com/US-Store-Outlets/stores-us-outlet,default,pg.html

Kenneth Cole size 0 suits are pretty small / on par with Theory sizing. Also try Tahari which has outlets, goes on sale at department stores and can be found at discount stores. Ann Taylor and Banana Republic petite sizes (0P).

I have a bunch of size 0 suits that no longer fit me hanging in my closet. :( Wish I could find someone who could use them.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another alternative is to ask a Nordstrom person shopper or sales associate for suggestions. My MIL and sister find really small shoes there (size 4.5). Maybe they have really small pants, too.

Anniversary sale starts on July 16. Pre-sale is in effect now for cardholders.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Yes, try Banana Republic Petite 00/Petite XXS.
Also, find a god tailor and simply have them altered.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Banana republic used to offer tailoring when I used to shop there years ago.

Do you have a Nordstrom? They have in house tailoring and if you have the credit card you get a budget of $200.

Zappy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! I find Banana Republic 0s several inches too large...I think they would look distorted if I tailored them since they are so big. It's a shame because I LOVE the clothing there so much. jaysonsmom , I did not know about online sizing differing from in-store! Marypoppins, I don't have a Nordstrom close to me. I wish I could raid your closet and get those off your hands! Haha. I am starting my first year of teaching, so I want to actually step away from the juniors clothing and wear clothing with fabrics that fall nicely and look crisp. It's just so discouraging when most stores don't even carry 0s and when I do find 00s, they are ridiculously huge on me. I feel completely rejected by society as a woman.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zappy, have you tried J Crew XXS and 00. Also European/Canadian brands/stores will carry sizes for more petite/thin women. Zara, Bebe, Club Monaco, Le Chateau. And I am adding another vote for Theory. If there is an outlet near you even better. Their 00 fits very true to size IMO. I am blanking right now on others but will come back here when I remember. Good luck and hang in there! Don't feel neglected/rejected by society. If there is one thing I know it is that in some ways we are all equally neglected/ignored LOL. (((Hugs))).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1436905310|3902808 said:
Zappy, have you tried J Crew XXS and 00. Also European/Canadian brands/stores will carry sizes for more petite/thin women. Zara, Bebe, Club Monaco, Le Chateau. And I am adding another vote for Theory. If there is an outlet near you even better. Their 00 fits very true to size IMO. I am blanking right now on others but will come back here when I remember. Good luck and hang in there! Don't feel neglected/rejected by society. If there is one thing I know it is that in some ways we are all equally neglected/ignored LOL. (((Hugs))).

I second Missy's suggestions...Le Chateau has XXS and I it fits like an XXS! They have cute stuff and your US dollar will go further buying across border!

cheers--Sharon

Zappy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I didn't think of going to Zara or Bebe, and I've never heard of Club Monaco or Le Chateau. I'm going to check that out now. Keep the suggestions coming! I think this thread could help other thin ladies in my situation too. :)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you feel the legs of pants are too long and too wide, they can be tailored to fit, too!

My DH - man... for a woman who likes thighs that she likens to "turkey thighs" and a booty to boot, I marry Mr. assless chicken legs. When we put him in that wedding suit - jacket, vest - all great. THe pants...omg. the one that fit the waist, um...talk about saggy diaper bottom... the sales guy was very nice. He said, tell them to take up the saddle, and take in the legs a bit. I just looked at the salesguy and said, you mean, he's got no booty? and the sales guy started laughing hysterically.

I was skeptical, but the tailors nipped/tucked the pants into looking like they were made for him. so please don't be discouraged. Just find a tailor or seamstress that you are comfortable working with. Actually, I recall a woman I worked with who lost a ton of weight, loved her clothes; she took bags at a time to a tailor to have them altered to fit her new body. It was cheaper than getting a whole new wardrobe, apparently. Then again, she had unique pieces...

So, congratulations on the teaching job. If the stores you frequent are in the mall, ask them who they recommend. For DH's wedding pants, we were at Macy's and the sales guy said, go to the tailor downstairs in the mall. I send everyone there. They are always happy with the outcome. We were happy. :)

Zappy

Shiny_Rock
HAHA assless chicken legs is totally my problem. I'm about 5'5" or 5'6", so length is not the problem. I just have a tiny waist and no butt or hips to hold my pants up.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a reason you're not going for skirts? They are plentiful and much easier to tailor than pants.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Zappy|1436904233|3902801 said:
Thanks everyone! I find Banana Republic 0s several inches too large...I think they would look distorted if I tailored them since they are so big. It's a shame because I LOVE the clothing there so much. jaysonsmom , I did not know about online sizing differing from in-store! Marypoppins, I don't have a Nordstrom close to me. I wish I could raid your closet and get those off your hands! Haha. I am starting my first year of teaching, so I want to actually step away from the juniors clothing and wear clothing with fabrics that fall nicely and look crisp. It's just so discouraging when most stores don't even carry 0s and when I do find 00s, they are ridiculously huge on me. I feel completely rejected by society as a woman.

BR has petite 00/petite xxs - have you tried those sizes? Regular 0's are quite a bit larger, so I'm not surprised that they don't fit you.
Also, I have not noticed much difference in online sizing vs. in-store sizing. I typically do a lot of both (shop in store & then order more online) and I find the sizing to be the same in most stores (like BR, Ann Taylor, J Crew, etc.).

Zappy

Shiny_Rock
I love the look of skirts, but I don't feel attractive in them since my legs are stick thin and bow out right under the knees. I have not yet tried 00p because I always figured petites would be too short on me. I'll have to at least try some on though! What are the inseam lengths on 00p usually? I know that the size charts can say 30" but the pants can be completely different than the chart.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results