shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A quick flyby.......Marcy, puter problems are so frustrating. I'm sure Marty will get your problems solved. Too bad he didn't know you were off today, but it sounds like some of the day was fun.

I worked until noon today, then we all went bowling, drank beer, ate pizza and had wings. I haven't bowled in over 10 years. I used to be a decent bowler, but I certainly wasn't today. Still, it was fun and then we all got to come home early. I was home by 3:30 and I took a nap.

The kittens have found out what the bed is all about. Only they think it's a giant playground. They come up just about the time I'm drifting off to sleep, then play hard for about an hour before finally settling down. Of course I don't get much sleep at all, because I'm afraid I'll roll over on one of them.

Here's today's too cute for words pic:

_dsc0085.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, you guys are going to have to get tough and cut those kitties napping down so they'll sleep at night. Of course they are cute whether they are napping or playing. That's nice you got off early today and had a fun afternoon. We get off early on Tuesday and are all going to a movie. Woo hoo for short days at work.

So I tried to import my contacts in to Outlook and so far I have my emails and yours Dee Jay. Since I didn't check before importing them they may have been there already. GRRR!!! My Mac mail is still not working. Maybe I'll leave it open all the time.

We got our appliances tonight. The dishwasher should get installed next Thursday and the refrigerator will get delivered the following Sunday. We bought a different refrigerator than I had picked out and I completely forgot my list of top rated refrigerators from consumers report but it looks like we picked one of them.

Take care
Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL on cutting napping times down! They're amazing. They play like crazy and then just plop down and fall instantly asleep. Wish I could do that. I will say that last night things were better. They played on the bed, but not nearly has long or as hard. Then they fell asleep and at one point they got off the bed and didn't come back until the sun came up. I slept so much better as a result!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, that's great the kitties let you guys sleep all night. That would be nice to be able to fall asleep immediately. Marty can do that. I sure can't.

I tried to sleep in today but I had a husband who was bored because he didn't have golf scheduled today and it was time for breakfast. He made himself a Jimmy Dean breakfast bowl and we both had muffins from Perkins so it was an easy breakfast for us.

Marty went to the range and I spent a few hours straightening out my address book and importing it in to Outlook. I think I finally have that email program working. My Mac mail continues to crash.

We went out for lunch and did some yard work when we got home. Lucky we got it done when we did it's raining out there now. Wyoming rain storms are interesting. They blow through, drop the temperature about 30 degrees then it's like nothing ever happened. I can see blue sky to the west right now.

I hope everyone is having a splendid weekend.

Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Rod, when we first got The Demon and then when we got Oscar there was lots of activity at night and it got old pretty fast! I remember lying in bed gritting my teeth and thinking "Lay The Fvck Down!" but you couldn't *say* anything or that would alert them that you were awake, which would ratchet up the activity level by about 10 fold!

Curby, computer problems make me CRAZY. My last phone lost my contacts three times in a month. I figured out how to reimport them once but the other two times I just handed my phone to the IT guys and said, here, fix this. The new phone has been good so far, but I apparently have two separate pools of contacts that weren't being combined so the IT guys had to fix that too. If it weren't for those guys I'd be walking around with a paper phone book!

I've been pretty good with food for a couple of days now, primarily because the CB is fishing way up north in Wisconsin somewhere. I do have to get something for today though because I literally have yogurt, grapes, and one whole wheat English muffin left (which is also pretty much what I ate yesterday because I was too lazy to go to the store!). I have to take a client to see four properties today though so since I'll already be dressed and in the car...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I went to the grocery store and it was a total bust... I got a rotisserie chicken, baby carrots, three bananas and some frozen turkey burgers (which have to be cooked in the oven, not microwaved -- dammit! Didn't read the package until I got home! And I've never had a turkey burger in my life, but it just seemed like a good idea at the time...). I hate the grocery store. I would rather slam my left tit in the car door than go to the grocery store. Ugh.

And as of this morning the good news is my pants are officially too big. But now the bad news is my pants are too big. I want to buy new pants about as much as I want to go to the grocery store. Maybe I can just wrap a sheet around myself...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, lol to Demon and Oscar’s activity in their younger days. Good thing they were cute. I found my contacts app had a check for duplicates and was able to clean up some things that way too. I was just think this is so much better than the address books where you have to write everything in them. Congratulations on your pants being too big. Woo hoo! I was forced to go grocery shopping again today as well. I kept sending Marty off to “go get this”. Worked well for me but luckily my list was small.

I slept until 8 today. Marty again was “starving” when I got out to the kitchen but we both worked on breakfast so it didn’t take too long. We had hash browns; toast, eggs, bacon and I made Marty sausage. This week is operation clean out the refrigerator and freezer so what’s in there needs to be consumed or thrown out.

I was coerced in to going to Lowes and Sears again looking at refrigerators. The frig we have upstairs is 4” too wide for the refrigerator space in the man cave. It was on sale and works awful. It freezes everything and the after market icemaker doesn’t work that great. The few we found that fits his 31” space were almost as pricey as the one we bought for upstairs. Marty finally decided he would change out one of his cupboards to a 30” width instead of 36” and then slide everything over. That way we can move our refrigerator downstairs rather than give it away. The side by side will be great for the man cave. He can freeze his martini and beer glasses without anyone knocking them around and he’ll have ice and water in the door down there now. When he built the sink and cupboards there he did it to accommodate his smaller refrigerator instead of thinking he may want a standard size refrigerator down there sometime.

I got laundry done and have been reading most of the day.

Take care
Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, after last night, the kittens are going to be kept from the bedroom until they are a bit older. Emi for whatever reason can't seem to figure out she needs to go to her kitty litter in the middle of the night and she has now relieved herself twice on the bed. The vet said it may be a bit far from the bedroom to the litter box at their age, so the bedroom doors will be closed at night for a few weeks.

LOL on hating the grocery store. I think I'd take the store over your other suggestion! Yes I would! Yay to pants too large!

Here are some new too cute for words kitten pics!

_dsc0088.jpg
_dsc0089.jpg
_dsc0095.jpg
_dsc0090.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, good idea to change out the cabinet rather than buy an expensive fridge! And will you come over and do some laundry at my house? I somehow never got around to it all weekend and the CB will be home from his fishing adventure tonight so I’m sure there will be a big pile from him too!

Rod, I love the eyes on those kittens – they are so expressive! Do you feel they’ve gotten much bigger since they came home? I always think baby animals grow up SO fast – one minute they fit in your hand and the next minute they are full grown!

I went out for Mexican food with a friend last night. He felt sorry for me when he heard what I’ve been eating (or more accurately, not eating, for the past several days). The meal was only OK, but I was hungry so I ate it!

Last night I hit the button… and sent out an invitation to 175 people (plus guests!) for the first annual Christmas in July party. ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY FIVE PEOPLE… plus guests… And the “yes” responses are rolling in at a rapid rate… OY!!!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aren't their eyes stunning??!! Why yes, Rod, they are!! And to answer your question, yes we can see how much they've grown. When we brought them home just a little over 3 weeks ago, we could hold each one in the palm of our hands. No longer, that's for sure. They've both doubled in size.

175 people invited to your party? Are you crazy?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Rod, Emi and Eri have certainly grown. They do look very bright eyed and lively. Good idea to keep the bedroom door closed for awhile.

Dee Jay, I’ll come work on your laundry. And naturally I’ll be staying for the big party. Will there be alcohol? You could have quite a crowd.

I haven’t heard back from Brian Gavin yet. I sure hope they find enough 3 pointers in signature blue to make me a band. I think I’d really like that.

Marty is starting on his man cave remodeling tonight. Luckily I was doing dishes and got to stay home rather than wander the hardware store again.

Marty made the best supper for us tonight. He made us some beef Parmesan which he cooked on the grill and some fettuccine alfredo. Grilling the little steaks turned out great; they were very crispy outside. I told him that was as close to chicken Parmesan as we could get.

I had my second team leader meeting today and gave them both heck about turning our first meeting in to a b*tch session. I told them those meetings should be short, to the point and I want status updates, what is working, what isn’t working and solutions to what you want to do about it. My argumentative employee said “I thought it was the most productive meeting we’ve had.” I sure chuckled to myself about that.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steak Parmesan? Sounds yummy! If I understood you correctly, your argumentative employee thought the previous b&^tch session was productive? Probably because he got to hear himself complain, right?

I hope Marty's man cave project goes smoothly!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, that steak Parmesan is pretty darned tasty. We get tenderized petit sirloins and Marty uses flour then egg on them and the coating is breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. We’ve tried the Italian breadcrumbs too. He usually pan-fries them in a little olive oil but I suggested the grill (mostly to keep me from having to clean to stove) and they turned out fabulous. Very crispy outside and done perfect inside. I think you hit the nail on the head about my employee; he loves to listen to himself complain and I swear he’d argue with a signpost. Marty has not started on his man cave remodel yet. He had some charges and Lowes and Menards but he made an auger to make frames. His first frame turned out great.

Hi Dee Jay, Deegee and Zoe.

I had a busy day. First of course was work. We got to leave work at 11:30 for lunch then met at the theater at 12:45 for a departmental movie. We saw Jurassic World. After the movie I stopped by the nearby park / gazebo to see if Marty needed anything. He was putting up our giant tent for the neighborhood night out. We have a 15 x 40 foot tent so once we moved in the neighborhood we became popular because we can provide a tent for the summer picnic. He was almost done setting it up so I timed that perfectly. I came home and made a pasta salad to take to the picnic and we got back over there about 5:15.

I would say there were about 160 people there. It was fun. We had a thunderstorm move through here this afternoon so it was chilly and windy tonight. I sat under a blanket most of the time. When I got home I put on sweats for a while.

Marty just got home now with the tent. I’ll conveniently stay in the house while he unloads his trucklet. Hey I cleaned out the cooler for him and dumped the ice. That’s something, right?

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids.

I wrote Brian Gavin today to see if they heard from production yet. She said they wanted a $175 upcharge fee to hand sift through the diamonds to find matching stones. If I go for it I would insist they are all strong blue. I thought of asking if they would apply it toward my purchase but they may say sure and then add the fee to the price anyway. I don’t have a quote yet so I asked for an estimate of 14K YG 3mm channel set band size 7. Hopefully I’ll hear from her tomorrow on a price. I am obsessed now with getting something fluorescent but their prices are higher than WF for jewelry so I may pass on it because of the price.

Marty is drilling a hole in our deck to the move the gas grill. Aak! He has most of his man cave cabinets and sink moved over. I haven’t gone down to look yet. Drills and messes make me nervous.

Today was a weird day. I had a training class at the local community college and we got out about 3 so I came home early. I made tacos for supper and did some laundry. Which reminds me that buzzer went off about 20 minutes ago. D’oh!

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, did you ask WF for a quote as well?

BTW., tell Marty if he's interested in an amazing watch deal, to go to www.ashford.com and check out Jean Richard. The prices are astounding and if he orders before the 19th, he can use this code for an additional 25% off: VIP25JR

I bought this watch, with a Swiss Mechanical movement, and 300 meter dive rating. It originally started in the retail world at $5800. Then the price was lowered to $3800. With the discount coupon, it was $1083, including free shipping and no tax. Ashford is very reputable:

jean_richard.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Rod. I have not asked WF for a price. It sounds like BGD has to ask their supplier to find the blue diamonds anyway so I am sure WF would do the same. I'd rather buy from WF because I've been very happy with them so far. If I was BGD I would ask me exactly what I want and quote a price without breaking down costs and then I'd never be the wiser they are charging me a finders fee. This way kind of leaves puts me off dealing with them. They didn't get back to me (since last Friday) until I emailed them again. I will tell Marty about the watch sale. He'll be excited. Very cool watch you order and what a great price. Thanks!

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

The more I thought about it the more irritated I was about my entire dealings with BGD. I wrote them this morning and said I wasn’t going to move forward with this project at this time. I got the feeling they weren’t that interested in my business. I agree WF would probably be better for me to deal with on this project.

I am so glad it’s Friday. Today seemed very long.

Marty cooked us a small steak on the grill, grills some peppers and baked some potatoes and rolls for supper. Our operation clean out the frig is coming along. I think we are down to some ice cream (easily polished off), 2 frozen burgers, a few Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls and assorted jars of things in the frig. Marty only has a few beers left. He worked diligently at polishing off the bear from his man cave.

I think I’ll make some of my famous death cookies tomorrow. When the guys deliver our frig on Sunday I wanted to have cookies for them. We want them to move our current frig to the man cave and bring the small frig up stairs and put it in the garage. My dishwasher is hopefully going to be installed on the 22nd.

Take care!
Marcy / Curby

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Behind again...

Hi all! I've been wondering how everyone is but I've taken a break from my computer. I've replaced my computer time with phone time doing Sudoku. It's really addicting.

I have news - D. got the job! He's going to be a business intelligence developer for a physicians group affiliated with a local hospital. It will be somewhat of a different gig for him because although he's an IT guy, he won't be working in the hospital's IT dept. One of the physicians will be his boss, and that will be different, too. He'll be working with just one other person in his "department," aside from his boss. He won't start until Aug. 10, so we have a few more weeks of time together. It's been so nice being on an extended vacation with one another, and it's time we probably won't see again for a while. We're thinking of going away for a few days, but we can't decide where to go. D. wants to go on a road trip. We'll see.

We went out for crepes for breakfast this morning, and we're going to one of D's nephew's 16th birthday parties later today for a cookout. That's all we've got going on. I HAVE to go to the gym, too. I keep saying I will but then putting it off. Bad Zoe.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Zoe, I am so excited to hear your husband got that job. It sounds like a great opportunity for him. It worked out well for both of you to have some time off together this summer. I definitely think a road trip is in order. Crepes sound great. One of the kitchen stores I get emails from just sent some great looking recipes yesterday.

I was tortured again yesterday and had to go to hardware stores looking for new patio furniture. We got a wicker set with a couch, 2 slides/rockers and a coffee table. We moved what we had on our deck down to the patio outside the basement door. This morning I found 2 little round end tables on sale for about $27 each to put at each end of the couch.

Our appliances should be delivered between 6 – 8 pm tonight. Woo hoo!

Have a great Sunday.
Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, new appliances AND new patio furniture? You are on a redecorating ROLL my friend!

Zoe, I'm so happy to hear that D go the job, and also that there is still some time before he starts so you can enjoy more of the summer together!

Rod, yes... 175 people at my house... YES... I am CRAZY! The good news is not EVERYONE that I invited will show up... the bad new is A LOT of them WILL, ha ha!

So I a just EXHAUSTED. The CB and I went to Michigan on Friday afternoon (after getting OFF the highway and turning right around about half an hour in to the trip because I had a real estate deal come together at the last minute) for one of my best friend and his partner's wedding yesterday. It was great -- much better (IMHO) than their commitment ceremony seven years ago where I had to wear a bright red bridesmaid dress with a giant bow right under my boobs in front of a hundred guests in some historic mansion in Oak Park. There were about 20 people at the church and we had a nice spread at the house with a really cute cake afterwards.

This morning we got up at 5 am and drove home because I had two inspections, both at the same time. The plan was to get one started and then go to the other one but the listing agent for the first one didn't show up until two hours in... and by then the buyer's agent for the other one called and told me there was no water in the unit and when they went down in the "slightly flooded" basement of the building there was a plumber working on the problem. Woah. And Fvck. Miraculously the buyers were like, "that's OK, these things happen, and it's an association responsibility anyway," so they were fine with it. A-frickin'-mazing!!! MY buyers would have trampled me in the rush to get out of an actively flooded property, and these buyers were total cool with it.

Anyway, after all that I had another buyer come over to drop off an earnest money check that I had to take to one of my offices but there is a big garden walk in the city that has shut off virtually all the streets around where I needed to get to. Fortunately the CB went with me and stayed in the car while I ran in because there was no parking anywhere.

After all that I need a NAP! Just woke up, and the CB is making jerk chicken kabobs for dinner. I'm kind of dreading getting on the scale tomorrow... but I guess it is what it is!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't believe you've invited 175 people into your home, Dee*Jay. You're crazy. :cheeky: I'm glad the buyers were cool about the issues during their inspection. Thanks for the congrats to D!

Thanks, Marcy! We're pretty excited about his new job. He's looking forward to the new work he'll do. While I'm trying to maintain some sort of routine this summer, he's fully enjoying sleeping really late every day and then spending the rest of the day relaxing once he gets up. I love to plan out my days and he hates that. We're so different in some ways, it's amazing we're still together! :cheeky:

Hi Rod! Nice watch!

I've been sorting a huge pile of random papers that were shoved in various places. You know when you hide papers you don't feel like dealing with? Yeah, I've decided to finally deal with them. I hate filing. Hate it, hate it, hate it. I don't know how two people can accumulate so much paperwork. I'd love to throw it all away but I'm not sure I should. Once they go into our filing cabinet, chances are, I won't look at these things again.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay my redecorating isn’t over. See below – we need to pick another refrigerator. Rats. When is your big party? Your red bridesmaid dress sounds lovely. I still am trying to block that stupid dress I had to wear last summer out of my mind. Marty and I keep threatening to repeat our vows for our 25th and make those guys stand up with us. We’d pick out the most hideous outfits for them we could find. And there would be pictures! Wow, I am kind of surprised those buyers were so calm about water in the basement. You sound busy with real estate deals. Sweet.

Zoe you and your DH sound like us about planning. I want to know who, what, where and when and Marty is like whatever. I am glad your husband has enjoyed relaxing this summer though. I hear you girl on paperwork. I have bags of stuff I probably should shred but I need a better shredder.

Lowes called today and said they were trying to find another refrigerator for us. Then they called back and said they couldn’t get another one. They were instructed to issue us credit back for it but so far I haven’t seen any pending charges. I’ll give them until tomorrow night and then call them. We bought an extended warranty on it too so I’d better get that back as well.

Much to my dismay we are once again searching for a refrigerator. Aargh. Sadly the 4th of July sales are gone so prices are higher again. Rats. I’d rather be writing Brittany at WF looking for a price on some pretty piece of jewelry.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Marcy-you're thinking of a blue diamond band? Do tell! I had my ACA stone reset by BGD and I'm pleased with it, but I don't see me going through them again. I think mine was just a reset, so no biggie for them. Seems like the might want to impress for possible bigger and better repeat business. Sorry you're fridge shopping. No fun.

Rod-the kittens are so incredibly adorable and they're growing so fast! I tried to take a pic of my sister's champagne Burmese, Gingersnap, but I can't catch her awake!

Dee*Jay-175 people? Yes, you are crazy. I don't think I even like 175 people.

Zoe-congrats to your hubby! Yay!! How's your mom?

Just thought I'd drop in to say hello. Mom is staying with me this week, and I'm trying to pamper her as best I can. Of course, she needs something to do so today while I was at work, she cleaned house (even though the cleaners were here Thursday) and had dinner ready when I got home. I think she has big plans to thoroughly clean the sectional and do laundry tomorrow. She has lost so much weight the last few weeks since dad died. I have orders from my sisters to make her eat! I have been stress eating junk food, so I bought lots of fresh fruits and veggies this weekend to try to get back on track. Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Zoe, I also used to have piles of random papers… but now I FORCE myself to only accumulate a small pile and deal with it when it on a regular basis. Otherwise I’d have to buy the unit next door to store stuff in, ha ha!

Curby, I think you should demand a discount equivalent to whatever the sale discount was when you bought the other fridge because it’s certainly not your fault they brought you a damaged appliance!

Deegee, it’s great to hear from you! Big hugs to you and you mom, and if she runs out of stuff to clean at your house I will be happy to accommodate her… I’m just a good friend like that!

Last night the CB and I (OK, mostly the CB!) put up the Christmas tree. Fortunately one of my tall neighbors was over and he put the top pink flamingo on or else we were going to have to get out the ladder, and that’s just a whole lotta hassle. There are a couple of small areas that won’t light (and we gave up screwing around with it at some point, but it looks pretty good, if I do say so myself!

I’m making a shopping list for the food, and I think I’m going to have the booze delivered. For $20 they will bring me three cases of prosecco (and there are actually 15 bottles in each case of this particular kind, for reasons I don’t understand…), two cases of wine, four cases of beer, and a bunch of soda and water. Now that’s $20 well spent!

I gave up my Costco membership this year because I wasn’t really using it so I have to figure out what to do for food… I can certainly go to a regular store, but I’m just afraid they won’t have the right stuff… Oh well, guess I’ll find out!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, I am intrigued now with getting a strong blue fluorescent diamond and thought a band with them would be fun but I also wonder if I’d see much of it with such tiny stones? Yes, I still want a 3mm channel set band so I’ll probably get one from WF with their ACA melee. My jewelry shopping never seems to be done. I am glad your mom is staying with you and finding ways to keep busy. I hate to hear she has lost so much weight. I keep all of you in my thoughts. Hugs to both of you. It sucks and it’s tough.

Dee Jay, once we moved in to this house I vowed I wasn’t going to let junk mail pile up and I’ve been pretty good about that but it can sure pile up fast. I am glad you got your tree put up and ready for the party. $20 is a deal to pay to have all of that liquor delivered. I like your selection as well. What kind of food do you usually put out for your party? I imagine most grocery stores can offer some kind of deli trays for you. I’ll be anxious to hear how everything goes.

Marty went to Lowes and bought a new refrigerator. Sweet. I got out of it. We ordered a GE Café 27.7 cu foot that even has a hot water dispenser in the door. The first refrigerator we bought was a little over 30 cu feet and although it’s original price was higher than the original price of the GE; the GE was higher priced than the one we bought. They offered Marty the GE for the same price so he took it. That’s about $600 off their sale price so I think it’s a good deal. They only had the counter depth version of it in the store but Marty thought it was nice. We should get it in a week or two.

My new dishwasher should be installed tomorrow. Sweet. I am very anxious for it.

We had quite a bit of rain here tonight. The temperature dropped to 60 and is probably colder now.

We get off at noon tomorrow. Woo hoo! :appl:

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay- Cmas tree? Clearly I didn't understand what kind of party you're having! I'm so backed up with reading at work, I confess I haven't caught up on old threads here. Oy. Heck yeah, have that booze delivered for $20. I discovered I like prosecco. You recommended a brand once before, but what was it again?

Marcy-I don't think I've ever seen a stone with strong blue fluorescence. I have admired some BGD Blues, but have been chicken to actually take the plunge. Are you still liking your new sapphire band? I wore thin bands with my ering for about a week, and I know they look better and most people on here would pick them because they're more delicate, show the center stone more, etc. But you know what? I like my WF channel band the best! I knew it was going to be horrible to lose dad. I cried so much with your losses, and I knew my first huge loss wasn't far behind. I'm not dealing well, Marcy. I guess it's just something I have to work through it. Being super busy at work helps some I guess, but the second my mind starts to wander...is all over. Sigh.

Hi Rod and Zoe!!

I have a full day of meetings tomorrow from 8-5, and then I'm taking mom to my stylist to see if she can do a keratin treatment on mom's hair. Her hair is way currier than mine before I had my treatment a few years ago, and she's threatening to shave her head if my stylist can't do something. Her hair is crazy curly. Crazy. I'm off to bed. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I usually do all sorts of chips and dips with a spiral cut ham as a “main” item… BUT spiral cut hams seem to be a seasonal thing and absolutely no grocery store has any right now so I am resorting to the Honey Baked Ham Store… and it’s going to cost a small fortune. I normally do two hams but I think I’m going to do one big one and a turkey breast and it’s still going to be four times what I normally spend. Oh well, it’s only money, right?!?

Deegee, It’s a Christmas In July party! I’ll attach a pic of the tree, decorated with pink flamingos, and the shirts the CB and I are going to wear. For prosecco, I like Mionetto with the orange diagonal label. That stuff is goooooooood! And don’t let your mom go all Brittney Spears with the head shaving, ha ha!

I’m mad at my scale right now. I lost 15 pounds in about 6 weeks but I put one back on over the weekend wedding and it just won’t budge. I’m not going to worry about it until the end of next week because maybe I just hit a plateau, but I’ve go about 20 more to go… UGH.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just realized I forgot to post the pics -- senility at 44 is a terrible thing!

_32613.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The shirts!

_32614.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Deegee, I believe there is no timetable for grieving and some days are going to be worse than others. Keeping busy helps but little things will unexpectedly bring on the tears. My heart went out to you when I heard your sad news and I cried for you, your mom and for me as well. Things get better, good memories help but I don’t believe I’ll ever get over it; I accept it more. Please don’t hesitate to email or call me if you want to talk. You are probably trying to be strong and brave for your mom so you probably let your mind wander more when you are at work. The guy that used to set by me at work saw me shed lots of tears. I am crying for us now.

I hope your mom doesn’t shave her hair. A new hairdo will be fun for her. My hair is probably shoulder length now and I am surprised how much body and wave my hair has naturally. My bangs are almost long enough to pull behind my ears so it must be time to do something silly like cut them, right?

My WF band is my favorite band too. I do like my new diamond / sapphire band but the sapphires aren’t diamonds. They are great sapphires; you see a nice royal blue color when they get light behind them or in certain lighting but I miss having all diamonds. Being small and bezel set the sapphires look dark most of the time. I tried on a Heart’s Desire 3mm channel set band at Jareds tonight and liked it with my ering. The 2 ladies helping me definitely liked my diamond and my scattered diamond mounting.

Dee Jay, those Honey Baked hams are delicious but they aren’t cheap. When I ordered ours for Christmas they had some deals on their website that saved me about $20 for the ham I ordered. Of course I was only trying to feed about 20 people. I am going to have to try prosecco. Marty said he thinks I’ll find it too sweet. Olive Garden will give out samples of things maybe I’ll try some the next time we go there. Brittany Spears – head shaving. That’s for the good laugh.

That silly pound will go back away in no time! Woo hoo to minus 15 pounds.

I love your tree and Hawaiian shirts.

We watched the Thunderbirds at work this morning. They were performing for our local annual rodeo. Our company does a pancake breakfast and employees can invite their families to come watch and have breakfast. Plus they give us ½ a day off. I went in 30 minutes early so I wouldn’t feel bad not working for about an hour during the 4 hours I was there. Marty came out and it was pretty funny when one of the directors told me later that Marty was a popular as the Thunderbirds. Lots of people came over to talk to him. I am sure that made him feel good.

We got our new dishwasher installed. Woo hoo. I think I’ll have to take out the top third rack because our big thermal cups won’t fit on the glass rack with the top shelf in place.

After running a test cycle we headed to a mall near Loveland. We looked at china at Macys, wandered Best Buy, Marty went in to Dicks Sporting Goods and we looked around Jareds.

We had supper at an Italian restaurant and got home about 7:30. It was a nice afternoon.

Rats tomorrow is a full day of work though.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results