shape
carat
color
clarity

My e-ring. Old mine diamond.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting is beautiful! It's all very pretty!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you don't change the setting its so lovely.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful stone! I look forward to more pics!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats can't wait to see handpics!!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! Another vote for keeping the setting too. Is it antique? Breathtaking :love:

Boo247

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone.

The reason we thought about a reset is its 5.8mm depth and the heavy thick setting means you can't see it. We thought maybe a more prong/basket setting would show it off more. I am totally taken with the hearts though!

Boo247

Rough_Rock
Yes thought to be cut 1800 and possibly Edwardian or 20's setting.

lb0424

Rough_Rock
Beautiful. Do you have the specs? Congrats on finding your dream ring!

Boo247

Rough_Rock
lb0424|1436346442|3900265 said:
Beautiful. Do you have the specs? Congrats on finding your dream ring!

Thank you :)

The centre stone is 2.4cts. 8mm round. 5.8mm depth - that's why we're thinking about a re-set to show off the size more and to let more light In as its currently in a beautiful but very thick/heavy plat setting. The size baguettes are 0.15ct each.

Judged to be an I grade and VS1.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you mean you want to show off the depth?

Reset it if you dont like it of course, its your rig after all you should looove it. But I think that setting is great with your diamond.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! :love:
I love the setting but of course that is for you and your FI to love. Congratulations and best wishes for a happy future!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
love the stone and the setting!!! congratulations.

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring and setting! Congratulations!

Boo247

Rough_Rock
Niel|1436358003|3900289 said:
What do you mean you want to show off the depth?

Reset it if you dont like it of course, its your rig after all you should looove it. But I think that setting is great with your diamond.

Yes -it's quite a big diamond (well to me anyway!) at 2.4cts and its all covered up with the setting. We didn't know if a more delicate/open style setting would enhance it and if it would be good to show it off more. I just want it on my finger right now though!

OECrystal

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring and setting. I do see what you mean about the setting "hiding" the diamond as the prongs are quite chunky. I wonder if it would be possible to have the prongs re-shaped to look more delicate? I vote to keep this setting. :)

Boo247

Rough_Rock
I've realised that showing a side picture might help explain why we think this 'chunky' setting might covering up the diamond and perhaps a more delicate setting would be of benefit.

It's the colour, clarity and size of the main diamond that my chap loved.

_32037.jpg

azeusa

Rough_Rock
It's a stunning center stone!

While I love the setting face-on, I get what you mean about the slight "chunkiness" - although it's still a very beautiful one of its kind.

However, YOU are the one wearing the ring, so you should be absolutely besotted with it ;-) .

Congratulations again!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love the details in the setting, the side view is lovely. :love: Of course, it is your ring and you need to decide for yourself, but I would keep it as it is.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your ring. I adore the setting. Consider listing it for sale through loupetroop or similar if you do not care for it- I think it is classic and vintage and perfect for your stone. :love:

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my! I had to log on just to tell you what a beautiful ring you have. You are the one that has to totally love it though. There are plenty of folks on here that would love to buy that setting if you do decide to sell. :love: How gorgeous!!!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really like how you can see the reflection of the heart filigree in the prong when your ring is lying flat. Great diamond. It doesn't look square or cushion like an old mine cut and reminds me more of an old European cut.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Looking forward to seeing hand shots.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring. I love it as is :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it as is too but if you decide to reset it, try selling the setting on Loupetroop or DiamondBistro, people here look out for genuine antique settings like this.

Boo247

Rough_Rock
Thanks again everyone. And that's interesting that the setting could be sold as is. If we did reset, can anyone give us a very approx possible sale price for the setting?

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Stunning ring!

Boo247

Rough_Rock
I can see you have hearts on your profile pic ring too. I'd love to see the front view.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!! I have drooled Your ring and another seller's ring for a couple of years! I love it as it is...enjoy :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results