shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for my yellow diamond

LailaR

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

I'm looking for an oval shape fancy yellow diamond. I'm not an expert about rocky talking.
I'd be thankful to anyone who could help me.

I've found two diamonds, but I don't know which one is the best for the kind of ring I want (picture enclose).
http://www.77diamonds.com/certification_OVZ8ZCNXQVE.html
http://www.bluenile.com/uk/coloured-diamond-details/yellow-LD05108672?elem=img&track=product

Also, there is one detail that I would like, it's hard to explain, but I don't like when the diamond looks flat from the side view (I don't know if you understand what I mean...)

Can I ask for your help and get your recommendations ?

Thank you !

capture_d_____cran_2015-07-05____23.png

pricescopenewbie

Shiny_Rock
LailaR, welcome to the yellow diamond club! to be honest, i would not consider either of the diamonds you picked before i see the ACTUAL pics of them. i would request pics so i can see the color (there are a wide variate of saturation and hues in every intensity level) and shape (there are chubby ovals and skinny ovals) before purchase.

and do you mean you like "high crown" for a diamond?

Arkieb gave very good suggestion. if you go with the vendors she suggested, ask david from DBL or sales representatives from leibish to check if the diamonds have a "high crow". they should be glad to help you with that.

good luck with your search!

LailaR

Rough_Rock
Thank you arkieb.
I am in contact with someone at Leibish. I will let you know soon !

LailaR

Rough_Rock
Here is the images of this diamond :
Weight 1.26
Colour Yellow
Clarity VVS2
Measurements 7.89 x 5.42 x 3.65mm
Depth 67.30%
Table 57.00%
Polish EX
Symmetry VG
Fluorescence None
Culet N/A
Ratio * 1.46
Cut ** Good

capture_d_____cran_2015-07-06____1.png

capture_d_____cran_2015-07-06____18.png

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That oval looks very promising.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Very exciting project! Do they have additional pics or is it possible to get a short video of the diamond?

pricescopenewbie

Shiny_Rock
Hey LialaR, i am no expert on YD at all. but just give my two cents.

i think both look pretty evenly spread out for an oval from the pictures. i see some leakage at the edge of the first stone, but it could be just the angle. it will help if they shoot a faceup picture on a white background. you can see the leakage, the pattern, and the color better that way. it is hard for me to tell the actual color or leakage from the pictures of the 1st stone.

the 2nd one from JA looks decent. i just went through ja's current oval yellow stock. this one stands out from its peer JA ovals.

these two seems small for your standard, but just in case you want to compare:
http://www.leibish.com/yellow-diamond/101ct-fancy-intense-yellow-oval-vs2-173357-22361
http://www.leibish.com/yellow-diamond/106ct-fancy-intense-yellow-oval-vs2-137315-19512

pricescopenewbie

Shiny_Rock
LailaR, I would not consider that one. the color is pretty nice. but it has not only a bow tie, but a big window under the table. the bow tie can be made up by settings more or less, but i doubt how much they can do to the under table window.

so i will keep looking.

LailaR

Rough_Rock
My issue is that I have to make a quick decision.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you see Leibish iS having a sale?

LailaR

Rough_Rock
Yes, I've seen but I can't find anything. Did you see a beautiful oval yellow oval ? I'm not an expert. I really need help !

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LailaR|1436373717|3900417 said:
Yes, I've seen but I can't find anything. Did you see a beautiful oval yellow oval ? I'm not an expert. I really need help !
I'll look! Don't worry I'm sure we'll find something. :)

LailaR

Rough_Rock
Than you Thank you Thank you !!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LailaR|1436435625|3900752 said:
I've just find that diamond.

What do you think ?
http://www.bluenile.com/uk/coloured-diamond-details/yellow-LD05108672?track=Detlink1

I don't know if I prefer a light fancy yellow or a fancy yellow. But I think I will make a selection of both options and then decided.

I haven't forgotten about you I took a look and didn't see a whole lot of yellow ovals out there.

Sense you don't know,is there any way to go to a jeweler and see some in peraon??

LailaR

Rough_Rock
Yes I think that it's what I 'm going to do as the choice in not large on the web.

LailaR

Rough_Rock
Niel, thanks for your help. What do you think about the one I've just post ?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't judge the blue Nile one as I can't see a real photo.

LailaR

Rough_Rock
Right, I've asked them a picture. I will tell you asap.
Thanks again.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You HAVE to see a few yellow FCDs in person. Fancy light yellow is very very light. Not only that, sometimes they can get a bit yellower or lighter, depending on the light source.

LailaR

Rough_Rock
Hi Chrono, I've just received the only picture they have for the blueNile diamond.

_32096.jpg

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Chrono|1436452198|3900812 said:
You HAVE to see a few yellow FCDs in person. Fancy light yellow is very very light. Not only that, sometimes they can get a bit yellower or lighter, depending on the light source.

I guess perception plays a big role in this....
I do agree that lighting plays a big role- but to me, if the light is strong enough to distinguish color, even the lightest accurately graded Fancy Light Yellow is perceptibly yellow ( as opposed to very very light)- unless it's a Medium or Strong Blue stone in which case it can look almost colorless in many lighting environments.
Or, if you take a FLY and view it next to a Vivid Yellow it will look pretty light:)

But there are also FLY stones which are very close to Fancy Yellow- and they can have a pretty strong color.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LailaR|1436202759|3899525 said:
Here is the images of this diamond :
Weight 1.26
Colour Yellow
Clarity VVS2
Measurements 7.89 x 5.42 x 3.65mm
Depth 67.30%
Table 57.00%
Polish EX
Symmetry VG
Fluorescence None
Culet N/A
Ratio * 1.46
Cut ** Good

I actually prefer this stone to any of the ones you've posted.

LailaR

Rough_Rock
I do love the light fancy yellow color. Yes I think that it's a question of perception. And obviously, regarding mu budget I think that I prefer to buy a light fancy a bit bigger than a smaller fancy.

But now, I need help on the quality of the diamond. If you could help me on that question, it would be fab :clap:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm saying I think you should pick the one from 77 diamonds if we are picking from the options in the thread. I like the shape and the cut seems nice as well as the color.

LailaR

Rough_Rock
Do you think that a "good" cut is enough ?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results