shape
carat
color
clarity

The ring is ordered!

FutureMrsMcN

Rough_Rock
Hello :) I'm new. I have been lurking on these forums and gleaning information for a while. I am expecting a proposal in the next few weeks (as soon as the ring arrives!). My SO was so worried about getting the perfect ring that I would love, so he asked me to help in the process. We started looking a few months ago. We started as complete newbies and went to a bunch of mall stores. We found one ring I loved, but when we started researching online, we realized that we were not getting good bang for our (his..) buck. The diamond was small, certified with some unheard of company, poorly cut, with inclusions.
We spent lots more time researching and I read dozens of threads on this site. We learned that the best value would come from ordering from an online vendor, but my SO was very hesitant to order site unseen, especially because we don't know anyone who has ordered from popular online vendors (Blue Nile, James Allen, etc. ). Then, we stumbled across Ritani. We realized their diamond prices were much better than local retailers and their settings, though maybe pricier than other online companies, looked very nice. We also liked that they worked in partnership with brick and mortar jewellers. So- we went to our local Ritani dealer and tried on the settings I like. They were beautiful! Last week, my SO ordered my ring and I am impatiently waiting. I can't wait to have it on my hand and to see it in person! SO customized the order a bit and ended up getting a round halo with a plain band. I think he chose a beautiful diamond and got a killer price on it. I'm size 4.25 and work with my hands, so I chose to go with something a bit smaller. He ended up getting a .47ct ideal cut, SI1, I colour set in white gold. It is exactly the ring I dreamed of.
I just had to share with someone! I am so excited!

chatbandit

Shiny_Rock
oh wow! sounds gorgeous. Ritani is great! Sounds like you did your homework and will now get to enjoy your e-ring lots! I hope you'll share pics when it arrives! :appl:

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing your exciting news FutureMrs.McN :appl:

Welcome!

What a great story. I like how the two of you communicated and worked together on this purchase.

sigh . . . tiny fingers . . . so lucky.

Here's to seeing it on your hand!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results