shape
carat
color
clarity

So I bought some new stuff...

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I love those double drops. How unusual.

Do the backs have any sort of safety to keep them from accidentally coming loose?

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I like your new earrings, icy_jade! Very cool. All I ever see at local jewelry fairs is aluminum and dichroic glass.

I hope you're feeling better. :angel:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Very nice Icy_Jade! Hope you feel better soon.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, your new WSSP earrings look very unusual. Nice! Can the dangling pearl at the back be attached to other pairs of earrings safely?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Love those--how clever!

cheers--Sharon

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Lovinggems, ennui, Sharon: Thank you! Think I'm largely recovered which is great. Really not fun to be ill...

BWeaves|1436217044|3899610 said:
I love those double drops. How unusual.

Do the backs have any sort of safety to keep them from accidentally coming loose?

No safety but they stayed on fine when I wore them out for half a day.

YC said:
Hi, your new WSSP earrings look very unusual. Nice! Can the dangling pearl at the back be attached to other pairs of earrings safely?

I think so but I don't have a pair with the same wire size. The smaller ones are loose/not secure and the larger ones can't go into the hole.
They are from Eiko Pearl btw. They'll be back during the Oct fair.

Did you go to SIJE? I was there for less than 2 hr of which probably half was spent resting at the cafeteria area by the side cos I was still feeling sick, so I didn't really see much.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
My goodness, Icy Jade, I could just eat those giant grape bubblegum ball pearls of yours!

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Hi IcyJade,
You are still not completely well? Do take care... hope you recover soon. After the children came along, I discover to my dismay that I fall sick more often and take much longer to recover :think:
I decided to give this fair a miss. Have been making some non-pearl jewellery purchases recently. So I thought I had better cut back. But I will try to go to the October one if I can. You will be going for that one?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Pirard said:
That color is divine!
Thanks!

Tucs|1433514300|3885554 said:
Thanks so much for your photos, Icy! They are truly beautiful. May I ask what is the ctw?

Hey I realised that I missed this... Didn't pop by when I was feeling ill.
Anyways I rem the discussion with the workshop was to use 0.01 sized diamonds (0.1 sounds too big right? It definitely ends with a '1') for the Huggies and 0.015 for the accent. But I think the accent was made slightly bigger (but I'm not sure). Can't find my receipt unfortunately. Hope this is not too late for you.

seaurchin said:
My goodness, Icy Jade, I could just eat those giant grape bubblegum ball pearls of yours!
Haha I didn't think of grapes but now that you mention it... They do look grapey. Haha.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
YC|1436367173|3900356 said:
Hi IcyJade,
You are still not completely well? Do take care... hope you recover soon. After the children came along, I discover to my dismay that I fall sick more often and take much longer to recover :think:
I decided to give this fair a miss. Have been making some non-pearl jewellery purchases recently. So I thought I had better cut back. But I will try to go to the October one if I can. You will be going for that one?

Sigh ya. Beginning to think that I should have taken more tonics during my confinement.

I will probably go for that one if I can. Golay will be there and Eiko will be there with more stocks and a bigger booth. How to resist? :cheeky:

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Wait till your child goes to school or childcare. The kiddie bugs are often virulent.
Sounds like I need to go for the Oct fair. Golay is the main reason and I am a big fan of the Japanese pearl jewelry design. I may even see you there :dance:

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1436367494|3900359 said:
Thanks so much for your photos, Icy! They are truly beautiful. May I ask what is the ctw?

Anyways I rem the discussion with the workshop was to use 0.01 sized diamonds (0.1 sounds too big right? It definitely ends with a '1') for the Huggies and 0.015 for the accent. But I think the accent was made slightly bigger (but I'm not sure). Can't find my receipt unfortunately. Hope this is not too late for you.

Hey Icy, thanks so much for getting back to me, I appreciate it. I am still searching for the right huggies, I am in no rush... If there's nine diamonds on each of your huggies (excluding the accents), that means 0.18 ctw -- I think that makes sense. They are a very pretty design!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
YC|1436426197|3900737 said:
Wait till your child goes to school or childcare. The kiddie bugs are often virulent.
Sounds like I need to go for the Oct fair. Golay is the main reason and I am a big fan of the Japanese pearl jewelry design. I may even see you there :dance:

My son already goes to infantcare. Pretty sure my last bout of illness originated from him...

I'm a big fair of Japanese designs too. They often have interesting clasps and designs that I don't see else where.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Tucs|1436493420|3901130 said:
icy_jade|1436367494|3900359 said:

Hey Icy, thanks so much for getting back to me, I appreciate it. I am still searching for the right huggies, I am in no rush... If there's nine diamonds on each of your huggies (excluding the accents), that means 0.18 ctw -- I think that makes sense. They are a very pretty design!

Most welcome. Hope you find your huggies soon. :)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Hi, FYI my huggies total 18 diamonds and 0.18 carat, so each diamond is 0.01 carat.
The accents also total 0.18 carat per pair, so 0.09 carat for each diamond.

Thought to post here since I finally found my receipt.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1441764950|3925372 said:

Hi, FYI my huggies total 18 diamonds and 0.18 carat, so each diamond is 0.01 carat.
The accents also total 0.18 carat per pair, so 0.09 carat for each diamond.

Thought to post here since I finally found my receipt.

Thank you, Icy!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
So I just bought some more new stuff...

image_3825.jpg

A fat Tahitian drop, 14.5-16.8 mm - plan to set as a pendant:
image_3826.jpg

A pair of purple Tahitians for studs, 10-11 mm:
image_3827.jpg

A pair of WSSP drops, 11.85mm - think I will add to my huggies collection:
image_3828.jpg

I need ideas/inspirations for the pendant setting. Help anyone?

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely pearls Icy...those look like the drops posted on the other forum...are they one in the same? If so, I can say I officially am in awe of your collection.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Pirard|1441815301|3925630 said:
Lovely pearls Icy...those look like the drops posted on the other forum...are they one in the same? If so, I can say I officially am in awe of your collection.

Thanks and yes, the WSSP drops are from Cees. ::)

Kay

Ideal_Rock
icy_jade|1441815742|3925637 said:
Pirard|1441815301|3925630 said:

Thanks and yes, the WSSP drops are from Cees. ::)

It looks like you finally found a pair of WSS drops worthy of being added to your huggie drops collection along with your stunning Golden and Tahitian drops. :clap: :love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Kay. Yeah think the new drops will be part of my huggies collection.

A few more pics that shows the color/shape better I think:
image_3831.jpg

image_3830.jpg

image_3832.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww the beauties, IcyJade, I love them all, amazing luster and I love the shape of those WSS drops. I can't wait to see them set!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pairs and a new pendant as well! Lovely purchases IcyJade.

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
Great purchases! All look so lovely.

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
This thread is Amazing!!!! I've learned so much, thank you icy_jade :appl: :love:

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Icy Jade, did you go to the jewellery fair? I went today and it was a fruitful trip. Golay had quite a number of nice loose pearls and I bought several, including a pair of hard to find natural colour pistachios. Also bought finished pearl jewelry from Eiko.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
YC - Oooo, pictures please. Especially of the pistachios. :love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
YC|1445513762|3940981 said:
Icy Jade, did you go to the jewellery fair? I went today and it was a fruitful trip. Golay had quite a number of nice loose pearls and I bought several, including a pair of hard to find natural colour pistachios. Also bought finished pearl jewelry from Eiko.

I think I remember seeing the pistachios. :)) what other loose pearls did you get and what exactly did you get from Eiko? I second the call for pictures!

I seriously considered a strand of dark blue T's from Golay but it really looks bleh against my skin so I decided to pass (tho it's rare).

I got several items, way more than I'd anticipated but also not quite what I'd set out to get (I wanted a pair of pear shaped diamonds)...
- a Wssp strand from Eiko
- a GSSP strand from Eiko
- a huge loose Tahitian drop from TPC
- several loose pearls from Arkhe
Hubby very kindly sponsored the two strands as my push present. ::)

I'm really pleased with the two strands but am just a tad disappointed I couldn't find matching earrings for them. I've asked Katsumasa-san to bring some smaller Wssp studs and deep GSSP studs for next year's fair. Hopefully he remembers...

I'll post pics when I find the time to take some decent shots.

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
YC said:

Thirding the call for pictures! I need to see what sort of goodies people have managed to get at the fair haha. I'm hoping to take some time off from writing my thesis to go down :<

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results