shape
carat
color
clarity

Dreamy Deco Indulgence

BaileyC

Rough_Rock
Hi again all! This is ring number two that arrived today. The other is posted for your feedback and thoughts here while I’m in my return period and still deciding whether or not to keep it: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-help-with-opal.214447/

This ring (purchased from Lang Antiques) is so unusual to me that there's no deciding on this one - it’s a definite keeper! It’s a 10ct carved quartz sugarloaf-like stone, and it’s from the Art Deco period circa 1930 or so. The stone also kind of looks like a bullet! It has light frosted leafy-like etchings on each side of the pyramid, and the setting itself is in 18k gold with fantastic floral work around the gallery and shoulders. The embossment carries around the shank until it hits the small solid gold piece at the base where it was sized slightly up for me.

What I find so cool about this ring is that it’s both simple, and intricate at the same time. And it’s a contradiction in elegance and boldness, too! It’s got such personality that sings so very loudly to me - and I couldn’t resist breaking the ban to get this little beauty.

I’ve never seen a rock crystal ring quite like this before, and I was so excited to receive it today as it’s the first I’ve gotten of it’s kind. I had to rush here and post about it! I may never take this ring off!

Have you ever seen anything like it, or have I been living under a rock?

The vendor's picture shows the stone shape and etchings best:
sideview_4.jpg

Obligatory on hand shot:
img_0316_5.jpg

Here it is out in the wild!
img_0314.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, that is cool! I love the Moghul inspiration.

It will also make a quite respectable weapon, if needed :naughty:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
That is such a cool ring, and the carvings is really beautiful. :appl:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's really neat and it looks like it fits right in with the rest of your collection. :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a stunning ring. And no, I have not seen an etched stone ring of such high quality.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is very cool!!!!

austinj

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Lang sure has some beautiful pieces. I love your ring it is very inspiring! Very very unique I have not seen anything quite like it! I really love it when people think outside the box. Do you find it very heavy to wear?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning! I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it. I love the combination of the delicate filigree with the giant rock crystal, and the overall sculpturalness (is that a word? you know what I mean) of the piece.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning piece!! :love: :love: :love:
You always seem to find the most amazing jewelry. It's gorgeous and it looks fabulous on your hand. Congrats!!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Very cool ring!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice ring indeed, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Love it! :love: Spectacular. More pics pretty please! :appl:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it when jewelry becomes art- and your artwork is stunning. From the carved quartz gemstone to the gorgeous floral work, this is a one of a kind ring. :love:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So unusual!
I love the big and bold look!
Reminds me of Elizabeth Taylor's Taj Mahal carved diamond necklace.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a work of art. It reminds me so much of the Liz Taylor Taj Mahal diamond, as stracci mentioned. I love the engraving and the curves on your ring. Que bellissima! :love: :love:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I love this so much! Beautiful. :love: :love: :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen etched gemstones by precision lapidaries and think they amp up a plainer stone wonderfully. Congrats on your gorgeous new old ring.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's seriously in unbelievable condition for being from the 1930's, like it was rarely worn. I thought it was a new piece!!

Enjoy!

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
This is so cool! Such an unusual and dramatic piece!

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock
That ring is stunning-- wow!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results