shape
carat
color
clarity

more melees on the shank?

pricescopenewbie

Shiny_Rock
Hey my dear PSers! i recently received my fancy yellow soleste style ring from BE. as much as i like the ring, i was wondering if i shall ask them to add some more melees on the shank. i couldn't make up my mind at all so here i am to get advice from you again!

first of all here is the link of the ring, and one of the gallery pictures shows the melee coverage on the shank:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-fancy-yellow-double-halo-ring-i-call-her-solestia.214451/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-fancy-yellow-double-halo-ring-i-call-her-solestia.214451/[/URL]

the melees are half way down on the shank now, and i can see some metal when the ring is spined to the side, as shown in one of the pictures below. (metal doesn't show if i put all the fingers together, as in the other picture below. but a lot times my ring finger is a little higher than middle finger and that is when it shows.)

i don't mind it too much, and i guess most people wont notice it, but i just feel this makes the ring a step away from "perfection". and i am not sure if there is anything i have to concern about when more melees are added. for example, is the resizing room heavily limited if more melees are added?

so my dear fellow PSers, to be or not to be? pros and cons? how many melees to add on each side? any input is appreciated!

P.S.: when you get your stone set by BE or other vendors here (stones are not sourced from them), do you get a certificate or appresial or anything with details such as melee quality, metal type, etc? I didn't get anything but hope to get one. just ask to see if there is possibility to request one from them?

img_8530.jpg

img_8531.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Since it should be an easy fix, you should get what your heart truly desires.

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
I'd imagine they could add a couple more melees but you need to check with them and see. If they can't then the decision is made for you. It looks like you should add an additional two melees to each side. I doubt it would effect resizing but it depends if you're going up or down and by how much. I doubt you'd be going up or down more than one size. Just another thing to contact them about. I saw in the other thread that the ring is sized a bit too small. Since you'll wind up sending it back for resizing you might as well have them add some additional melees if possible.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is lovely! If you have to send it back for sizing just check if it is also possible to add a little more melee. They should be able to tell you if it's possible or not. If it is bothering you then it won't hurt to ask. ;-)

pricescopenewbie

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for the advice! they should be able to add melees cuz i talked with chris before i received the ring, and he said i could add more if i want. but he mentioned the bigger the bar the more room for resizing. so i hesitate. idk how much it will affect the resizing room in the future. i will talk to him and see what he suggest.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results