shape
carat
color
clarity

100 inch pearl ropes

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I'm sure we all want good quality and a good price but with the small freshwater ropes, I too have noticed huge price differences for the same quality. I have several ropes by several brands with several hundred dollars price difference. I wouldn't go with the brand name or anything else but just look at the specific pearl ropes offered. And remember if you don't ask for any custom changes, most of them will give you a hassle free refund. You might even order a couple or a few of your top picks and compare them in person. Please post what you get! :)

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I have pink, lavender and 2 white 100 inch ropes. Pink, lavender and one of the whites are from TPO and are without clasps. I struggled wearing these and hardly ever did. The white I had made into a triple strand was a 5.5 to 6 mm with a beautiful diamond clasp with a matching bracelet. All three are under 7mm. The last 100 in strand is from Pearl Paradise with a laser ball clasp 7 to 8 mm. I bought it for a birthday after seeing another friends in that size with the clasp. I do wear this one and love it. It just glows. I have even wrapped it around my head and wore it as a pearl crown. I do not keep pearls that don't have great luster. These freshwater pearls are all nacre, no beads.

I found small pearls are just not my thing now so wraping them around several times is a plus. I have put them all on for halloween and been a pearl queen for my costume but added 3 strands of dyed back freshwaters so I had over 500 inches of pearls on. It was so heavy that I could only last a couple of hours until my neck was killing me. I might try putting them on my Christmas tree this year.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1435972952|3898666 said:
I have pink, lavender and 2 white 100 inch ropes. Pink, lavender and one of the whites are from TPO and are without clasps. I struggled wearing these and hardly ever did. The white I had made into a triple strand was a 5.5 to 6 mm with a beautiful diamond clasp with a matching bracelet. All three are under 7mm. The last 100 in strand is from Pearl Paradise with a laser ball clasp 7 to 8 mm. I bought it for a birthday after seeing another friends in that size with the clasp. I do wear this one and love it. It just glows. I have even wrapped it around my head and wore it as a pearl crown. I do not keep pearls that don't have great luster. These freshwater pearls are all nacre, no beads.

I found small pearls are just not my thing now so wraping them around several times is a plus. I have put them all on for halloween and been a pearl queen for my costume but added 3 strands of dyed back freshwaters so I had over 500 inches of pearls on. It was so heavy that I could only last a couple of hours until my neck was killing me. I might try putting them on my Christmas tree this year.

You could use the ropes you aren't wearing and wrap them around your christmas tree. I saw a picture of a pearl wrapped tree and it was beautiful!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
For those that are curious I put the some photos of my necklace in the show me your pearls section.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
innerkitten|1436220611|3899640 said:
For those that are curious I put the some photos of my necklace in the show me your pearls section.

Your new pearls look very nice! They certainly compare favorably to your other white pearls. Does Peter like pearls? :) Enjoy, and wear them in good health!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Thank you :). I'm not sure what he thinks about the pearls, but he was very interested in the package when it arrived. It was thoroughly sniffed and examined as I was opening it!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The quality looks great on that 106 rope. PP had a similar design during last year's clearance and I think PSer bought it but can't remember who.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
If you want quality, I know PP can give you different options, so you can really customize the rope that you want. worth asking

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
BWeaves, Pearl Paradise posted a 100 inch necklace in the sale today.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
My internet went down right after (like the second after) I posted about the 106 inch PP necklace.

My internet is back up and the necklace is sold. And no, I didn't buy it. My internet was down.

Actually, I may go custom on this. I think I'd like smaller pearls for most of them, and a few more larger ones irregularly spaced, liked the Birk's necklace. And maybe more like 80 to 90 inches long. That might reduce the weight a bit. And I think I'd like a clasp, too.

You all are giving me wonderful ideas, and the pros and cons of the various necklaces.

I don't do Christmas, so draping a too heavy necklace on a Christmas tree is out for me.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Apparently, PP had a monthly special of 100" ropes back in 2013. I'd give them a call and see what they have tucked away.

There is a PP blog post about how to wear a 100" rope (no linking to blogs), but I found it fairly easily.

I like the ribbon idea.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I've found several posts and blogs on how to wear a 100 inch rope. Thanks!

So, this is a little off topic, but it's my thread, so here goes. My first strand of real pearls I inherited from my grandmother. It had a pearl and diamond clasp that could hold 3 strands of pearls, although my grandmother only had one 18 inch strand attached. She wore it with the clasp in front like a pendant. They were not the best pearls, although the clasp was very nice. I had them strung as a choker and wore them to death in the 1980s and 90s. I had them restrung to 18 inches and wore it like my grandmother did through the 2000s. But they were inexpensive akoyas, and the nacre was coming off.

Fast forward to this year and I discovered PP Freshadamas. PP replaced the original akoyas with 8 mm Freshies and used my grandmother's clasp. I loved it, but decided this month I wanted more. So they added a 19 inch strand. Good match. I thought about 3 strands, but the new freshwater pearls are too big. The clasp was designed to link to 3 mm or 4 mm pearls, and I didn't want to do a graduated strand since I wear the clasp in front.

So without further ado, they arrived a few minutes ago, and I love them.

img_2087.jpg
My grandmother's pearl drop earrings and the new/old necklace.

img_2090.jpg
Worn with my PP Hanadamas doubled. This didn't quite lay right, so I doubt I'll wear it this way. Plus the color difference is very noticeable between the two types of pearls. I changed to my white gold Mikimoto earrings.

img_2094.jpg
Worn with the clasp in back and my PP Hanadamas. This gives the 100 inch rope effect, although it's not as versatile. Then again, all the layers stay in place. I will probably wear it like this sometimes.

img_2097.jpg
Bottom two strands are my PP Hanadamas.
Middle two strands with clasp are my new/old necklace with the PP Freshadamas. The clasp is actually much prettier than it looks here. It does actually have a bit of sparkle to it.
Top loose strand are my grandmother's original pearls. Poor babies. I'm not sure what to do with them except save them.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
BWeaves, those pearls are drop dead gorgeous. You are a lucky pearl girl! I don't know if it's the striped red top, or what, but they look amazing.

Yes, keep your grandmother's pearls somewhere. I'm not a New Age type (well, not much), but they have her essence. :angel:

Anyway, all this talk of 100" ropes had me poking around the 'net. I'd be all over the Pearl Outlet strand, except I keep reminding myself I already have one.

BUT, I have to tell you, I ran across a really old topic over on PG, in the Lowly Beaders' Club ("The 100 Inch Rope Challenge!") ... you have got to see Sarah's (Kojima Pearls) creation. And she wears it like a sash, from shoulder to hip! (post #35) OMG. I'd love something like that. All of the 'homemade' designs are just absolutely stunning.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I went searching for the Lowly Beaders Club link. Wow, I love all the options.

I read the link on other pearl site about the differences in sizes of pearls vs. their weight, so I think I would be more likely to wear a 100 inch rope if most of the pearls were in the 5 to 6mm range. If I wear my grandmother's double strand and my Hanadamas, it works out to 72 inches of 8 mm pearls, and that's about my limit for weight. They are much heavier than I imagined they would be. I'm not sure how you ladies with the big guns handle those long necklaces of gorgeous SS or Tahitian pearls.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results