shape
carat
color
clarity

My Dark Green Australian Sapphire E-Ring

imposterpockets

Rough_Rock
I searched high and low to find a blue and green bi-color/parti-color sapphire that wouldn't be black in most lighting and my search was.... unsuccessful. However, I was able to find one that is gorgeous when you get it in the right kind of diffused lighting. So, it is my beloved moody engagement ring. :)) Not to everyone's taste, but I adore it.

When the lighting is not right, it is black and the ring setting gets to stand on its own loveliness. When the lighting is right, the colors are jolly rancher greens and blues shifting around as the light moves. I am really unskilled with photographing gems, so I can't really show that to you. When I get the angle right to show the color, there is a big glare of the stone's table. Here's the best I can do. In real life the colors are more vivid:

In this photo is looks kind of roundish, but that is just the strange angle I had to use in my attempt to capture the color.
img_0597.jpg

Some success trying to get a top-down photograph.
img_0600.jpg

DH added a tiny blue surprise sapphire when he had the ring made. This is the reason I wear my rings in the "wrong" order. I like to see this little gem.
img_0603.jpg

Ring Size: 8.5
Center Stone Dimensions: approximately 9x7
E-Ring Shank Width: 2mm
Wedding Ring Width: 6.5mm

The center stone sapphire is from Seda Gems in Australia. The setting and surprise stone were done by Krombholz Jewelers in Cincinnati.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The surprise stone is in a very sweet location. Congrats on a lovely ring.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I really like the setting, and I think it's a neat sapphire - I have compromised on sapphires a few times too when they looked amazing in certain lighting. I have one that looks crazy gorgeous in diffused sun but can look very black in other lights - so I totally get it. If you love the gem that's what counts, not every gem can be "on" all the time :)

Congrats and enjoy your lovely rings!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring! wow I love it.. congratulations!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring and set! I can see why you fell for its unique and stunning beauty. Enjoy wearing your set!

imposterpockets

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all the complements. I really do love it.

Here is another attempt at showing the surprise stone color. Still not a very good photo. :oops: So many little scuffs on the ring. I am not dainty with my hands, I guess.
img_6491.jpg

And her is a silly thing that we made while we were waiting for the ring to be made and we missed our stone.
night_forest_ring.png

Kimberley

Rough_Rock
I find it hard to photograph mine too! It's obvious that this sapphire is a beautiful in the right light. Love the little suprise stone also.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's very pretty! I love the "night forest" description! Suits it perfectly! I find that over time I have gotten much better at photographing my sapphire - my original pictures didn't show it how I saw it at all. So I can imagine a little how yours must look all those times you can't capture it how you'd like!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no doubt that your sapphire is a stunning and gorgeous bright bluish green/green in the right light; I had one like that which, like yours, went dark in certain lighting, but when it wasn't dark, it was magnificent! I love your ring. I love the perfect placement of the surprise stone and I love your reasoning for wearing it the way you do. Sounds like its all about love to me!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your engagement ring and love your sapphire. Deeply saturated stones that are outstanding in certain lights are all about drama. How can you not love a stone like that?

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Congrats!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely and congratulations on your engagement! :appl:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! What luscious deep greens it shows! :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love green sapphires yours is very cool, congrats!!!

imposterpockets

Rough_Rock
Many thanks to those who appreciate my strange taste in colored gems. We finally got back the photos from the wedding photographer, so I wanted to share one more.

my_ring_-_wedding_photo.png

Spin-Elle

Rough_Rock
Stunning!
I love sapphires and most specially Australian parti's.

Enjoy your beautiful ring :love:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! :love: Beautiful ring that looks very lovely on you. :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting your new photo. The ring looks stunning on you and you have a beautiful and understated chique wedding set.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful stone! Your second photo and the professional photo really show nice flashes of color. It looks great in that setting.
:appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results