shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire halo rings

Cinderella456

Rough_Rock
Hello all! This is my first post. My fiancee and I are going engagement ring shopping in a couple of weeks, and I want to be fully prepared! I know that I want a sapphire halo ring, but am unsure of what size carat. I would LOVE to see rings of this nature on a hand! If you have a ring like this, please post and show it off. :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Cinderella456 -

This possibly isn't what you're looking for because it's more a flower style than a halo, but this is a 7.2mm sapphire surrounded by 1/4ct diamonds set in platinum.

img_8484.jpg

lil425

Shiny_Rock
Hi -

Mine is a 2.62ct pink sapphire with 8 .10 rounds and 2 .15 pears set in white gold

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sapphires are heavier than diamonds and often cut differently, so carat size may not be as helpful as faceup size in mm. My sapphire is 7mm square, 2.04 carats, but I've seen 2 carat square cushion sapphires anywhere from 6.2 to nearly 8mm square, depending on depth, which is a huge difference in size.

Also be prepared that if you want a nice sapphire, you're unlikely to come upon a completed ring unless you're searching at antique/estate stores or the upscale brands, and unlikely to be able to order in sapphires to look at at almost any chain. I don't know where you are, but look up independent and estate jewelry stores near you as they are more likely to have stuff to look at that you may be interested in.

Cinderella456

Rough_Rock
I am in NYC, planning to go to the Natural Sapphire Company's showroom. Thanks!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, you may want to consider blue spinels as well. They are very durable and come in lovely shades of blue. Can't wait to see the ring/stone you choose! :))

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's my 4.76ct halo sapphire........

dsc_2361.jpg

Cinderella456

Rough_Rock
Wow!! These are amazing, thanks for the replies thus far!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Cinderella 456:

Here is my recent new Sapphire and Diamond Halo ring: (I actually just added tiny diamonds going down the shank, I will post some pics with that as well).

img_8523.jpg

img_8524.jpg

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
My profile with the added diamonds on the sides:

img_0448.jpg

img_8526.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results