shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all! Quickie post before bed. I have a lot of reading and catching up to do.

Rod-you must post pics of those cuies on every single page! They are so incredibly adorable. My sis has a rescue champagne Burmese named Gingersnap. Shes such a sweetie. I'll definitely watch the video you posted.

Marcy-happy anniversary!! Your band is beautiful. I had considered that band when I was looking but decided it was too small. Brilliant me didn't even think of customizing. It looks great with your ering!

Zoe-I'm so sorry to hear of your moms broken shoulder. That has to be so uncomfortable. I broke my wrist and elbow several years ago, and that cast nearly drove me insane. Good luck to your husband!

Dee*Jay-I don't think I've ever gotten excited about ordering a scale. Are you using the elliptical thingie you bought? I'd have to put I next to something I could hold on to or else I'd be causing major bodily harm to myself.

I returned to work last week, and I'm sure having problems concentrating on technical documents I'm supposed to be reviewing. I can't focus. Mom stayed with me last week, and we spent most evenings on the couch reminiscing and crying. I knew it would be hard to lose a parent, but I wasn't prepared for how much it truly hurts, I'm lucky to have wonderful coworkers and friends who have allowed me to be a blubbering mess these past few weeks. I won't go on...but I wish everyone a wonderful Tuesday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Zoe, that GREAT that D is in hot demand! I’m sure he’ll get the job! As for having to do your hair on your own… I know what you mean. They do things to my hair that I could never achieve on my own!

Rod, if I had those two kittens I would never leave the house! And four am bed changing is not fun… but I’m sure getting Emi in the potty box before bed will take care of everything.

Curby, happy anniversary! The flowers are lovely and those rabbits are good eggs for getting Marty to send them! And I’m no help in exercising restraint on the appliance thing because I am all about good appliances!

Deegee, I have used my elliptical only once… I have been walking to work and back and also doing a ton of other walking at street fests and events like that around the city, but I am determined to keep it as my “winter option” when there’s not as much outside movement going on. I’m sending you and your family biggest hugs.

So yesterday was a VERY TOUGH day… I spent many hours getting ready for the condo board meeting where I had to present the plan for the new VERY EXPENSIVE roof… ACK. The biggest area of negative feedback I got is from the second floor owners who have roof decks because those have to be removed, and the pricing to rebuild was perceived as pretty high. The new deck packages came from the roofer (one of his subcontractors actually) and the advantage of going with him is that the roof warranty will stay intact. If another contractor does work on the roof by virtue of putting down a deck and if a leak develops later there will be all sorts of finger pointing about where the fault lies. This is going to get ugly… Double ACK.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Deegee, hugs to you and your mom. I know how hard this. I am glad I went with larger stones; I don’t think I would have liked the smaller stones that come in the standard Danielle. My channel band is going to seem huge when I get it out to wear. I will probably swap bands out each week.

Dee Jay, my hair never turns out like it does when someone with skill styles my hair. One time I let them do moose and spike it; I laughed every time I saw myself in the mirror that day. What brand appliances do you have again? Marty was mentioning a bunch of them tonight. We looked during lunch and after supper tonight. There are too many choices. The roof / deck issue sounds like a lot of fun for you. Good luck getting that all worked out.

My “team leader” meeting ventured off on all sorts of wild tangents today. My boss who was going to attend but just listen pretty much took over the meeting. I think I’m too passive; I do what I have to do and if I get angry I’m not very passive but this thing could get ugly. Dee Jay and I will have to meet for cocktails in Omaha or something. Is that ½ way in between? And how many curbs would I hit after sucking down mass quantities of wine?

Have a great evening.
Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I'm sure I've mentioned I'm president of our condo tower. The most thankless job on the planet. We're involved in a $1,000,000+ lawsuit against the construction company for some major structural defects. We fixed them ourselves and had to do a 3 year special assessment on every condo in the two towers. Everything was fixed better than it ever was, including cosmetic upgrades aplenty, but the stress of the suit if a lot to handle. And the owners have zero patience for how long such a process can AND will take. Of course no one wants to help or be involved. They just expect me to put a bazillion hours into it and get their money back.

Yay for a short week this week. Our office had the best month in the companies history, so they're letting us go at 2:00 on Thursday and then we're having a pizza and bowling party next Tuesday! I also spoke with a manager from my old company I'm close with and found out the new team they hired in Tampa are doing VERY badly. I'm sorry, but I was VERY happy to hear their plan to bring in the youngsters has backfired on them. It serves them right. Yes it does!

Here's today's dose of TOO CUTE for words!

ddd9e27f-48b8-4d5a-ab4f-59b1698a2532.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, today's picture of Eri and Emi brightened my day. They are so adorable.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Marcy! I hate to leave for work in the morning and I can't wait to come home in the evening just to see them!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, LOL on the team leader meeting going into the death spiral! Our bosses always think is sooooo easy… until THEY are the ones on the line of fire!

Rod, that picture HAS to get entered into a contest somewhere! BTW, I notice you’re always taking pics of the kittens with Charlie…does he ever let you play with them too? (Kidding!)

Last night I did nothing but deal with backlash from the condo meeting. I won’t you with the details, but this is going to be One Big Pain In My A$$!!!!! And Rod, really, WTF are we thinking in taking this on...? I know the answer is that no one else in the complex is (as) competent, but I think we should get huge extra karma points!

Anyway, off to pack up the personal stuff in my office. The movers are going to take our stuff starting tomorrow but I just want to make sure I get all the important things (like my 1:64 scale 911, and my pink pony bank!) well secured.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I don't have a clue why we sign up for the utter punishment. And just to let you know what a gluten for punishment I am, at the end of this year, I will have been the President for 4 consecutive years!

Yes, I am [on occasion] permitted time with the kittens! LOL But truth be told, since they're both on medication right now, I'm the medicine giver and that makes them a little fearful of me. That will pass once we're all through, but all our lives, Charlie has never been good about squirting measured doses of medicine down any of our cats throats. The kittens are no exception, so it's my job. Plus and this should make you laugh. Charlie can lay on the couch with his legs together, which provides the best resting place for them possible. My legs don't work the same way. No they don't! Ha!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I bet it is difficult to leave the cute kitties and go to work. They are so cute. You are a glutton for punishment running your condo board for 4 years. I am sure the kitties and you will be happy when they are finished with their medicine. I am not a fan of people who give me medicine either.

Dee Jay, I am working on my Gordon Ramsey method of supervising this weekend. Look out team! I hate to hear being president of the condo is going to be such a headache for you. Did you get your important stuff moved to your new office?

We’ve had a few busy days. We had friends over for a BBQ and game night last night. Marty did a rub on some BBQ short ribs and cooked them slowly on the grill most of the day. He also cooked some BBQ chicken quarters. I made pasta salad with veggies, cheese and fat free zesty Italian dressing. Our friends brought fresh fruit, corn on the cob and dessert. It was actually nice enough we sat on the patio then played cribbage and cards against humanity in the man cave. Our friends left about 11. I even left the dishes for this morning. That is not like me at all; I can’t STAND to leave dirty dishes. I did rinse them all though.

This morning I took care of the dishes, cleaned up the man cave, made brownies and picked off dead flowers. Marty got home from golf about 2 pm and we had leftover BBQ food.

Marty heads to Malaysia tomorrow. He flies there through San Francisco, Korea then to Malaysia then comes home through Frankfurt. I told him he is definitely circling the globe on this trip.

Have a fun and safe 4th of July!

Curby / Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Ladies!

Yesterday was a nice day. They let us go at 2:00 PM and Charlie suggested since I wanted to see Jurassic World, yesterday afternoon would be a good time to go. I wasn't going to not take him up on that. He doesn't really like Blockbuster movies. No, he prefers those indie, "what the heck was that about" movies. We saw it in 3D, and it was really a lot of fun.

Today, we went to Costco for the first time. We joined recently and we decided we'd go and walk the entire store. Of course we ate there first as I'd heard the hot dogs are fantastic. And they really are. For $1.50, you get a foot long Kosher hot dog and a drink. Hard to beat for sure. We walked up and down every isle and we did pick up some good bargains. My only issue with stores like Costco, is you buy in bulk. Now our guest shower is filled with paper towels and toilet paper as we don't have much storage in the condo. LOL

Tomorrow is our 35th anniversary. We decided we didn't want to go out to dinner. We're going to fix a homemade (from scratch) spicy marinara sauce and I'm going to steam a couple lobsters plus lump crab meat and server it over linguini. It should be yum to the max!

I hope everyone has a great and SAFE 4th of July!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy 4th of July!

Rod, Happy 35th Anniversary to you and Charlie. That is so awesome. I am glad you enjoyed the movie. That’s a great idea to use your extra shower as storage; I never thought of that at our old house. We would get the big packs of TP, paper towels, etc. at Sams Club and I’d stuff those suckers in every hole I could find. The only area in this house I lack space is our kitchen. I had a massive pantry at our old place and I miss that here.

Marty left about 4 am. I slept until about 8. I actually haven’t taken a shower yet today but I am getting itchy so I am going to take one here in a few minutes. I got my laundry done and another round of dishes. I rented quite a few movies today and have been reading. Marty gets to Korea about midnight our time and then gets to Malaysia about 8 am our time tomorrow. He said he took headphones and sleeping pills so I hope he gets a nice nap in on one of his flights.

Take care!
Marcy /Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 4th of July Everyone. Our anniversary has been very pleasant, but there were bad storms tonight. Our dinner turned out absolutely fantastically great! Pics are below! Marcy how long will Marty be out of the country.

First pic with the fresh steamed lobster and lump crab meat on top of linguini with our homemade spicy marinara sauce. Second pic with it all mixed together and the last pic with it all eaten!

img_1842.jpg
img_1843.jpg
img_1844.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, your dinner looks great. Marty will be home Thursday night. It takes him longer to get there and get back than the 2 days he’ll be in meetings.

Marty got to Malaysia at 8 am our time today. It was 97 with 80% humidity. Fun! Marty hates heat and humidity.

I stayed up until about 1 am last night waiting for Marty’s last plane to take off.

I went grocery shopping this morning and was going to go back to Sears and buy a new dishwasher and refrigerator but it’s been raining a lot. Maybe I’ll go buy them tomorrow.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby (BTW I mailed something today and didn’t hit the curb. Woo hoo!)

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, that's a looooooooooong way to go for two days of meetings! Sorry rain interrupted your appliance buying.

We had a mission today to get 3 things. A new microwave casserole dish. A new hamper. And a new trashcan for the kittchen. It took 4 stores, in 3 different shopping centers to get what we wanted, but mission accomplished. It's hard to buy a single casserole dish. All the big stores sell them in sets and we only needed one. Crate and Barrel to the rescue there. Trashcans for the kitchen. Target and HomeGoods didn't have anything we liked. Crate and Barrel's were too large. So we wound up at the Container store, where we found exactly what we wanted, but man, who knew kitchen trashcans are so expensive. $150 just to put stuff you want to throw out in. And the Container Store had the best selection of hampers, so we got that there as well.

Dinner tonight was fresh corn on the cob, a nice salad and I had a steak grilled outside, while Charlie fixed himself a nice piece of Salmon.

It's been nice having a 3 and 1/2 day weekend. But all good things come to an end, and it's back to work tomorrow........sniff sniff.

I hope you all had a great 4th of July holiday.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday after the Fourth of July kids!

Curby, the office services team moved our offices over the long weekend. I now have a better view but I’m right across the hall from my boss and I just know I’m going to get less work done because we’ll be jabbering back and forth at each other constantly.

Rod, Happy 35 years to you and Charlie!!! Your dinner looks absolutely amazing, and those pasta bowls are super cute. As for the price of trash cans – really?!? WHY on earth do they cost so much?! I have some under counter pull out thing with separate bins for trash and recycling and it cost as much as a new Honda Accord!

The CB and I went to Michigan for the long weekend. We had a good time with my friends, did a little shopping, and a lot of eating and drinking! It was nice to come home yesterday. Now I’m in my new office getting oriented. It’s almost a little creepy – the office services people take pictures (including inside your drawers) and put everything back EXACTLY like it was, so when you walk into your new office (on a different floor and facing a different direction) it’s *almost* the same, but not really… Weird!

OK, off to get some work done. Maybe I’ll be more productive in my new office, ha ha!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks DeeJay! I hope you liked the new office! I'm glad you had a great weekend in Michigan too!

Here's today's dose of simply too cute for words!

_dsc0070.jpg

_dsc0072.jpg

_dsc0077.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I wimped out on appliance shopping after work today because it’s cold. Okay, it’s chilly not coat weather but still I wasn’t motivated to stop at Sears after work. Your shopping trip certainly wound up in many different stores but I am glad you found everything you wanted. Your pictures today are too cute for words; those kitties are so darned adorable.

Dee Jay, that’s great you have a nice view from your office. Jabbering with your boss isn’t a bad thing. That is kind of creepy they moved your office so carefully everything is in the same place. Enjoy your new work digs. Glad you had a nice time in Michigan.

We have chilly, rainy weather. Boo. My sinuses are blathering at me.

I cooked a little steak, oven potatoes and salad for supper. I will probably get window food tomorrow since that means no dishes.

Have a great evening.

Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I did have an interesting email from one of our credit card companies this morning for a fraud alert. Someone was trying to charge something to our credit card. I wasn't about to reply to the email so I called them and found it was a fraudulent charge. They closed the account and will issue me a new card. Holy crap! I need to go check everything else out tonight. :angryfire:

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry about the credit card Marcy. A few years ago, Charlie's wallet was stolen at the gym. He realized it within 45 minutes and in that time, whoever stole it, had racked up $5,000 in charges at Best Buy and then another $5,000 at Sears. 45 minutes. All of our credit cards are joint and we to cancel every one and get new cards. It didn't cost us anything, but it was very frustrating. And the police did nothing. Even though they had a picture of the guy who stole the wallet using it at Sears.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Rod, isn’t it crazy that you can have pics or video of exactly who did something wrong and the police don’t take any action?! I’m sorry to hear that Charlie’s wallet was stolen though, and I’m sure it was a major hassle for you guys. Unfortunately too many of us have been there… Ugh.

Curby, at least your credit card was good about the fraud alert! Better to find out that way that to log on some day, look at your account, and be like, “Um, Marty, WHY did you purchase three polo ponies, a new car, and eat a thousand dollars worth sushi at Nobu last night without me?!?”

The CB picked me up yesterday and we went grocery shopping because we were down to NO FOOD. I somehow managed to lose .4 lbs over the weekend, even with all the eating and drinking (although I tried to be good where ever I had the chance). And if the scale is to be believed, I think I’ve lost about 12 lbs total so far. It’s hard to really say though because I started with a different scale so I’m kind of guestimating. Plus, I looked back at this thread and I only started being good on June 1 so I really doubt it’s 12 lbs. Oh well, now that I have the digital scale I can keep better track.

Today is day two in the new office. I’m starting to figure out where things are on this floor, but the ladies room is WAY too far away! I will have to call facilities and put in a request to have that moved!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

The CB and I had a birthday dinner with a great friend of mine last night. He sent me the obituary a week or two ago for the guy who invented the pink flamingo so when I was in Saugatuck last weekend and saw a Hawaiian shirt with pink flamingos on it I had to get it for him. He loves it!

Not sure what's going on with my head today... it's either a sinus headache or a migraine or maybe my brain is just exploding over this whole roof replacement project at my condo building. I won't bore you with all the details, but basically one of the unit owners is threatening to bring an injunction to stop the project because she doesn't feel the association has done adequate diligence in providing pricing to remove the decks and rebuild them. The reality is the roof decks are pure unit owner responsibilities and we were providing some options to people as a matter of convenience, not because we are obligated to do so, and now it's coming back to bite us. No good deed goes unpunished. Argh.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod|1436226739|3899680 said:
Thanks DeeJay! I hope you liked the new office! I'm glad you had a great weekend in Michigan too!

Here's today's dose of simply too cute for words!

_dsc0070.jpg

_dsc0072.jpg

_dsc0077.jpg

OHMIGOD! CUTE overload! :appl: :appl: How wonderful Rod! :love: Me luvs ems

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod that is awful Charlie’s credit cards had so many charges on them in 45 minutes. I am glad you guys weren’t responsible for them. I find that sad the guy was never arrested.

Dee Jay, I would be quizzing Marty for sure about those purchases. I want to see him riding on one of those polo ponies. Congratulations for losing 12 pounds so far. Sweet! You are adjusting well to your new office but I agree get that restroom moved. They want me to move to another cube further from my office that will also be further from the bathrooms. What are our bosses thinking? Some things are more important than others, right? Good call on the pink flamingo shirt; I kind of remember that article. Sadly it is very true no good deed goes unpunished. Good luck with fighting that battle about the decks, pricing and roofing.

Hi Sharon!

Hi Deegee and Zoe.

I had a hectic day. My cleaning lady arrived about 8:10 so I got to work about 8:30. I spent some time sending some flowers to one of my employees. She is having outpatient surgery and the company only sends flowers for serious hospital stays so I just told my team I’m sending her flowers; chip in some cash if you want. Then I started printing out all my reports and called away to a meeting. Then I had a training class for crystal reports but had to leave early to come home and pay my cleaning lady. It was chilly and rainy so while I was waiting for her to be done I made myself a grilled cheese sandwich. Got back to work and one of the IT guys needed to install some apps on my work laptop; that took almost 90 minutes between installation, setup and working out bugs. Then my boss called me to his office for the highlights of his last one on one with my employees. I got back to my desk after 4 and still had 95% of my reports to review.

Marty has been on a plane to Frankfurt since 10 am. Luckily he wasn’t flying United today. He lands at 11 pm tonight with a 5 – 6 hour layover then flies on to Denver.

And yes it’s true. I have the gas fireplace on; it is in the low 50’s here and my house is chilly. Okay it says 71 but I’m chilly.

Have a great evening.
Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, what we wouldn't give for 71 degrees! We'll have temps in the mid 90s every day from now till October. After a while it wears thin. Yes it does.

I'm sure you'll be really happy to have Marty back home safe and sound. I don't miss the days of travel, no I don't!

The kittens are doing well and Eri is finished with her antibiotic and both are finished with the 9 day de-worming. They are scheduled to be checked again on Saturday to make sure all worms are gone and for their second round of shots. They've both gained weight and they're growing like crazy. They are a constant source of amusement, that's for sure.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Hi Sharon!!!

Curby, If I had a fireplace I'd turn that sumbeech on for sure right now! We're hovering around 61 and fog/drizzle. I think I might have gone to sleep in Chicago and woken up in Seattle...

Rod, I should know this by now, but did you and Charlie both grow up in Florida? I think we get used to whatever weather we're in eventually... although we might not always *like* it!

Today I slept in (as a matter of fact it's almost 11 and I still haven't taken a shower yet!) and just had a cup of coffee and answered some emails. I sprayed some cleaner in the master shower and I got one of those big 10" scrub brushes on a long pole (like a mop) at Home Depot that I'm going to use in a few minutes to clean in there because getting down on my hands and knees and scrubbing the grout on all the 2" x 2" tiles loses it's appeal very quickly, ha ha! I've accumulated all sorts of "industrial" type cleaning things in this space -- I've also got one of those 3' wide blue dry mops that janitors use to clean gym floors because using a typical swifter on the main living area would take me about half a day. Who knew how proficient I would become with all this big cleaning stuff... :rolleyes:

OK, off to scrub!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone! We just got back from our vacation last night, and I still have jet lag. I didn't get out of bed until 1:30 today and unless I'm really sick, I never do that. D. and I went out west to visit my sister and her husband, and to meet our niece. She is adorable with a capital A. At 3.5 months old, she's starting to babble and there are times when she talks up a storm. She's also pretty feisty and if she's upset about something, well, good luck on figuring out how to comfort her. :lol: I can't wait to see them next month when they come out here to visit family and friends.

We also spent a few days at the beach. The coast out there is nothing like the coast where I am. We have rocky beaches and the water is filled with seaweed. Out there, the beaches are pure sand and the water seems cleaner or something. I don't know. It's just different. As I looked out our hotel window, I saw the beach on one side, and big rolling hills on the other. It's absolutely beautiful! We ate at some great restaurants, and I'm still dreaming of the goat cheese, roasted tomato, and honey bruschetta and caramelized scallops and risotto I had for dinner one night. Mmmm....

D. had his 2nd interview at the hospital today and it went really well. D's going to forward a few examples of databases he's developed over the years, and hopefully that will impress them enough to make D. and offer. His job wouldn't be database developer, but the hiring manager wanted to see examples of work D's created. Fingers crossed!

I have a lot of catching up to do, don't I? I hope everyone's well!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, oh my, the lobster dish you and Charlie made last week looks amazing! Emi and Eri are so cute. Their little faces are so precious.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe,

I'm so glad to hear the interview at the hospital went well. I'm also glad to hear your vacation was fun! Thanks on both counts. The lobster dish we made was fabulous and these kittens are simply amazing. I was awoken at 1:00 AM this morning, when one of the kittens decided it was purr and nip daddy Rod's nose time. Soon followed by her sister, they wound up finally settling down and when the alarm went off this morning, both little girls were curled up right next to me. I didn't want to get up and disturb them. No I didn't.

DeeJay, Charlie and I are both from the Washington D.C., area. Yes, after all these years, we've adjusted to the Florida heat and humidity, but we wouldn't miod if summer didn't last quite so long.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, we actually warmed up after lunch today. It was almost 70 degrees again. I am delighted to hear Eri and Emi are growing and doing well. They are so cute. That is awesome they were all snuggled up by you this morning and very amusing they were nipping on your nose last night.

Zoe, that is awesome your DH’s interview went well. Your trip to visit your sister and family sounds fun. I am sure your niece is adorable. I tell my friends and family I can babysit as soon as you children can tell me exactly what they want or need. I am not good an interpreting crying. A beach out one window and rolling hills out the other side of the house. That is living!

Dee Jay, I used a blanket last night on top of the covers and got out my winter PJ’s. I wore a winter sweater to work. It’s July! How did your cleaning go today? I had assorted long handled cleaning and scrubbing tools at our old house and I found most of them didn’t work for me. Marty pointed out and probably rightly so I couldn’t push on them hard enough to get them to work for me. Yay for sleeping in.

I waited up to make sure Marty made it to Germany last night, then woke up again about 2 and exchanged some text and emails with Marty so it was a short night. Marty got home about 6 and is in bed already. He is getting up very early for a golf outing tomorrow. I have the day off so I hope I get to sleep in a little bit.

Marty got this little bag for carry on luggage so he grabbed Snacks and put him in the bag so the Killer Rabbit has his own carry on luggage. What a comedian, eh?

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

_32146.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I've had an interesting day. Marty got up at 5 to go play golf in Denver. I kept trying to sleep but his dang iPad kept dinging. I managed to drift in and out of sleep for a few hours more though. I got up about 8 and found an email from Brian Gavin Diamonds. You know I haven't bought any new jewelry recently (ssh that's my story and I'm sticking to it) so I asked them if they had enough 3 pointers signature blue melee for a channel set band. They are checking for me. I am so confident they'll find them for me I ordered myself a UV black light today. Maybe some of my sapphires are fluorescent. Who knows?

About 10 am I decided I was bored so sent a friend a text to see if she wanted to go to lunch. She did so we did. We ate outside and while we split a small fries we each had a small blizzard. Mmm.

This afternoon I've been trying to get my email to quit crashing and freezing on me. I handle those kind of things so well. Cursing doesn't seem to help. I was online for a while with Apple care but then they told me to quit all programs and clear my cache and guess what - I closed my chat session. D'oh!

I tried a few more things but it is still crashing and freezing. I was going to use Outlook then but can't remember how to configure our go daddy email accounts.

My epic fail for the day was neglecting to tell Marty I did take today off from work. He is goofing off with the guys which is fine with me but we might have made different plans if he'd known I was home. Oh well. He hates it when I have PC problems because guess who gets to fix them? He sets there saying "how do you do these things?" If anyone can break at Mac it's me.

Another funny thing I noticed under "this computer" I used to be able to click to see what service and warranty I have on this PC. Well guess what happened with that info after I cleared the cache? Yep. It's gone. Sigh.

I might look for wine soon. But then again this is way more fun than work.

I kind of had a light bulb moment about work yesterday. The management switches that impact me may be because they think I'm going to quit. I'd told my old boss a few months ago I was a stressed and had reached my saturation point with babysitting and was ready to quit or go ask Marty's old boss (a VP) what else have you got for me? My director came by to visit me at my cube and relayed to my new boss "Marcy seems quite happy at her new desk". Then on Wednesday my new boss told me he'd be screwed if I quit so please don't quit. I told him well since I'm worried I am being pushed out of a job and he's worried I'm going to quit we are both doing okay.

Have a great day.

Stupid email.
Marcy / Curby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results