shape
carat
color
clarity

7.2ct zircon pear - now a pearl enhancer!

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I've been away for a while but have been working away on a few setting projects in the background. I thought I'd show off some quick snaps of my new pearl enhancer, where I *finally* set my 7.2ct zircon (shown loose in my profile pic).

These were just taken with my camera phone. I'll try and get some better ones a bit later on.

The pendant is 18kt white gold, with approx. 2.5cts of diamonds (a mix of rounds and baguettes). I wanted this to be a fairly chunky statement piece and I'm very pleased with how it turned out. The back is a lever construct and I'll try and get a pic of that as well to show how it works. I should probably clean all the grubby finger marks off it before taking more photos as well!

I'm showing it here on a simple ~9mm freshwater strand, but I think it would work with most pearl tones. I also quite like how it looks with a simple chain or leather choker.

20150605_094756_1.jpg

20150605_094954_1.jpg

20150605_095156_1.jpg

20150705_115935_1.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a fan of pearl enhancers myself, however, I like it as a pendant on its own, very unique, and thanks for sharing.

DK :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well done! That is an awesome, beautiful, statement piece. Can you tell I like it? :cheeky:

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
dk168|1436130438|3899259 said:
I am not a fan of pearl enhancers myself, however, I like it as a pendant on its own, very unique, and thanks for sharing.

I imagine it will be only rarely worn with pearls, as it is a rather decadent combo and was designed with special occasions in mind. It's actually fairly subtle on a chain or choker, so I figured I'll get the best of both worlds this way :)

minousbijoux said:
Well done! That is an awesome, beautiful, statement piece. Can you tell I like it? :cheeky:

Thanks minous :) I wanted something modern yet slightly art-deco influenced (there's very subtle milgrain around the outer edge of the bail, which isn't apparent in my bodgy pics) and I think the mix of diamond shapes helps with that.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
InToTheMystic|1436138689|3899300 said:
dk168|1436130438|3899259 said:

I imagine it will be only rarely worn with pearls, as it is a rather decadent combo and was designed with special occasions in mind. It's actually fairly subtle on a chain or choker, so I figured I'll get the best of both worlds this way :)

minousbijoux said:

Thanks minous :) I wanted something modern yet slightly art-deco influenced (there's very subtle milgrain around the outer edge of the bail, which isn't apparent in my bodgy pics) and I think the mix of diamond shapes helps with that.

I totally see the art-deco influence, and despite your so-called bodgy pics (snort), I see the milgraining. I'm already coveting yours.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
InToTheMystic|1436138689|3899300 said:

And what I most love about the piece is that it is elegant enough to go with pearls yet clean/classic enough to wear on its own. I also like the flexibility and prefer enhancer bales on my pendants. This is gorgeous.

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful piece! I love the versatility- it has a completely different feel on the black cord rather than on a strand of pearls. And that big chunk of zircon! :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And what a pendant it is! I like the versatility but have to admit it stands out a lot on the black cord.

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
Looks great either way, but I do really really like how it looks on the leather choker.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
It looks great! I have to agree it really is striking on the black cord. Well done! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results