color
clarity

Rhapsody in Bespoke Gems Blues!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1436091431|3899156 said:
Thanks Acinom!
I am now thinking of a pendant and earrings suite, same design but a bigger pearl for the pendant.

That is a great idea Lovinggems!! The topazes combine so well with the pearls :love: :love:

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loving Gems, your asschers are beautiful and a good representation for me of what to expect because my supernova oval is 2.5 carats so bit smaller than your earring stone size. I think they will look very unique with the pearls and agree the colours will compliment each other. Everything I read says natural blue topaz is a very light blue so I think as others have said it was the large rough which gave the color. The large asschers with their depth shows it best. Wonder if an even deeper stone would have kept the color of the rough. Isn't the Octavia diamond deeper with its high crown, maybe I am wrong. Suppose Doug could have answered this. There is a reason fancy color diamonds are cut deep.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doug sourced the large piece of rough after I asked him for a specific shade of light blue natural topaz for a large Asscher, so he probably had that colour in mind as the end result when sourcing the rough. The colour of the original large rough was a lot darker than the blue I had requested. The colour and tone of the finished Asscher was very close to the colour that I asked Doug for. Asscher is a deeper cut than oval so I guess it will be a bit deeper in colour tone. [emoji4]

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you arkieb1, Acinom and Pyramid. I now need to save up for the large pearls. The only downside is I won't be able to stare at the stone setting it as a pendant. :D

Pyramid your oval will probably face up larger than my smaller asschers with the longer length. Glad the photos helped with your colour expectations. I think Mochiko is onto something the deeper the cut may have resulted in a deeper toned topaz.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks mochiko, did not realise we all piled on your stone. Yes the Asschers will be deeper in color and in depth, I was thinking the rough looked darker than those too though but looking sat the rough photo where it is held up you can see it looks lighter than when lying flat on the table. I just think though blue topaz which appears darker must have been treated because every article on the web points to it being a light blue only in its natural state.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Schange of setting plans!
Probably with a touch of milgrain along the edges and no pave in the gallery/ upper cup

_32165.jpg

_32166.jpg

_32167.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely, but aren't you going with french cuts anymore?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems said:
Lovely, but aren't you going with french cuts anymore?

Thanks! I love frenchies, but since I already have two rings with french cut, I figured it was about time for something different 8-)

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I love your new setting idea Acinom. Simple yet classic.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1436609398|3901588 said:
I love your new setting idea Acinom. Simple yet classic.
Thanks Ricezo! I indeed love the simple elegance of this design. I think it will pair nicely with the stone.

S

SparkliesLuver

You can't go wrong with either, Acinom. :) You know, they almost remind me of a "black-tie version" of the Trueste. ;-) So excited for you!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1436791047|3902181 said:
You can't go wrong with either, Acinom. :) You know, they almost remind me of a "black-tie version" of the Trueste. ;-) So excited for you!

Thank you Sparkliesluver!! I love the concept of a black tie Trueste 8-)
You have such an amazing eye for settings. I am glad you like the concept.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you. :) hehe I thought you might!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pyramid: any news from Alistair?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1437163643|3904236 said:

Hi Acinom. He said he would be setting both rings this week :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pyramid|1437507268|3905737 said:
Acinom|1437163643|3904236 said:

Hi Acinom. He said he would be setting both rings this week :)

That's great! You did ask him to make a lot of pics of the finished rings, didn't you :naughty:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
David is working on the setting for my 11mm Asscher. Photo's of the stone in blue wax and in casted metal after a first polish. Single cut melee will be added and milgrain. This will be done by hand.
The stone will sit lower in the setting once David opens the prongs.

Pyramid: how is your ring progressing. Any other updates ring sisters?

_33002.jpg

_33003.jpg

_33004.jpg

_33006.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1438756565|3911319 said:
David is working on the setting for my 11mm Asscher. Photo's of the stone in blue wax and in casted metal after a first polish. Single cut melee will be added and milgrain. This will be done by hand.

Wow, you are progressing very quickly with your blue topaz asscher and your other projects, Acinom!! :naughty: I will be interested to see how the finished ring sits on your finger due to the depth. (I'm still not 100% sure on how to set mine - still mulling over some ideas in my head. I am currently working on a few small projects for stacking rings; then my next priority would be to set my Barry orchid-colour tourmaline (and maybe the new Namibian tourmaline from Jason), AND then the step cut pink tourmaline and blue asscher from Doug. So I will likely not set the asscher until 2016 at the earliest due to budget and time constrictions.)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1438757933|3911330 said:

Wow, you are progressing very quickly with your blue topaz asscher and your other projects, Acinom!! :naughty: I will be interested to see how the finished ring sits on your finger due to the depth. (I'm still not 100% sure on how to set mine - still mulling over some ideas in my head. I am currently working on a few small projects for stacking rings; then my next priority would be to set my Barry orchid-colour tourmaline (and maybe the new Namibian tourmaline from Jason), AND then the step cut pink tourmaline and blue asscher from Doug. So I will likely not set the asscher until 2016 at the earliest due to budget and time constrictions.)

Hi Mochiko :wavey: I love how we can learn from each other in this thread. I am curious too to see how the depth works out for this ring. Since you have much tinier and elegant fingers, would you also consider making a pendant?
You have a fabulous to do list Mochiko. I am looking forward to see how your projects are progressing. What stones will you use for the stackers or will the set consist of metal bands?
Since your stone is the 'first twin', I am also looking forward to see what your setting ideas are for your Asscher topaz.

Adding pics with the top down view, so you can see the finger coverage.

_33007.jpg

_33008.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1438759758|3911332 said:
mochiko42|1438757933|3911330 said:

Hi Mochiko :wavey: I love how we can learn from each other in this thread. I am curious too to see how the depth works out for this ring. Since you have much tinier and elegant fingers, would you also consider making a pendant?
You have a fabulous to do list Mochiko. I am looking forward to see how your projects are progressing. What stones will you use for the stackers or will the set consist of metal bands?
Since your stone is the 'first twin', I am also looking forward to see what your setting ideas are for your Asscher topaz.

Adding pics with the top down view, so you can see the finger coverage.

Thanks for the additional photos Acinom!
Hahah my fingers are not that small, my ring size is 6.5 :shock: I need a larger stone to get sufficient finger coverage!
It's a good size for a pendant but I think I want to put it in a ring so I can see it, just not sure about the setting... maybe a 3-stone. :lickout:

Don't want to threadjack too much, but my current stacking projects are the 2.5 ct chrysoberyl cushion I got from Prima (in mixed metal, yellow gold bezel head, sterling silver cathedral shank), the 0.88ct blue step-cut Afghan tourmaline in yellow gold, and a 3-stone bezel ring of the blue gem silica cab and 2 small Burmese rubies, also in yellow gold. :angel:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a size 6 finger with large knuckles. I always admire your long and slender hands and fingers!!!
Not sure whether you have enough finger to pull off a three stone with the Asscher as center stone? So curious to see what you will decide ultimately.

Ooh! What a fabulous stacking ring update. We need new pics of the stones! Perhaps we need a 'Mochiko's colors' thread since you have quite some fabulous projects going on.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1438761330|3911342 said:
I have a size 6 finger with large knuckles. I always admire your long and slender hands and fingers!!!
Not sure whether you have enough finger to pull off a three stone with the Asscher as center stone? So curious to see what you will decide ultimately.

Ooh! What a fabulous stacking ring update. We need new pics of the stones! Perhaps we need a 'Mochiko's colors' thread since you have quite some fabulous projects going on.

I would have thought your finger size was much smaller, like 4 or 5. :D Mine are very chubby (no good for my wallet because it means I need larger stones to get decent coverage!)

Ehh... I already adjusted my expectations. I really wanted to halo the asscher at first, like this :naughty: :naughty:
671ec23462eacc2f7a9f6a9107182c7f.jpg
(it's a 27ct sapphire from Tiffany's, I'm sure if they can halo a stone of that size, a halo would work for the asscher topaz!!!! .... :lol: )

I think I can do a 3-stone, but you are right, it might be too long. I was also considering engraved sides instead. I won't be setting it for a while so I will continue to think about it.

I haven't really had any major projects recently so I didn't want to start a proper thread yet ::)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! That's remarkable as I always think you have a size 4 or 5!
And it's funny you mention chubby because I see that as a positive: it makes fingers look elegant and young. I like my fingers a little bit better when they are slightly swollen during summer as they look less wrinkly and knuckly then :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oooh! I must say I love that halo idea, especially with the pave :love: :love: :love: It will be great to collect these and other fabulous settings and base your decision on that. It's actually great to take your time to pick your dream setting for the Asscher. The stones deserve some fabulousness.

S

SparkliesLuver

Holy finger coverage, Acinom! :naughty: What a beautiful ring! :love: :clap: I cannot wait to see it when it's finished. Yay!

Do you know how wide the band is? 2mm? 3mm?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I shall not set my two stones until next year, and shall rely on this thread for updates of their sibling stones.

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pyramid: if those gorgeous gorgeous rings on Alistair's FB are yours, then you are a very lucky girl. Stunning work by Alistair.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

11830713_701924559937532_1112992097_n.jpg

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the post I made above are my beautiful rings made my Alistair Kelsey Jewellery showing off the natural topaz cut by Doug Menadue of Bespoke Gems. Photo by Alistair Kelsey Jewellery, Australia.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pyramid: both rings are absolutely stunning! Alistair did a magnificent job and great design choices were made. I love that each ring has unique features, including the cut of the stone. In the larger ring the size of the stone and the sophisticated shank are striking. In the 3-stone I love the classic feel.

Will you wear the larger one occassionally to protect it from damaging because of the large size?

When will you receive your rings I am looking forward to see pics with each of the rings on your hand.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Pyramid - your rings are gorgeous! I love them both.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results