carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1435533408|3895971 said:
Luv2, I'm off to Costco tomorrow for my new cellphone (Samsung Galaxy 6) and God help me, the phone kiosk is right next to the jewelry cases! I LOVE that Cartier watch :love: :love: :love:

But Cartier at Costco? Sacre Bleu!!! :lol: :shock: :lol:

I know, what the heck! I am seriously considering forgoing the diamonds for this one since it is such a killer price. Cartier lists the diamond numeral version for 8K. I don't think it is worth three grand for those itty bitty diamonds on the numbers..... I thought I would post the photo with the numbers in case anyone else wanted to take advantage of that price.

I love your westies life vests. When it gets really hot and the weens are playing outside, I put them in the pool and have them swim from one end to the other. I don't think they are that fond of it, but they get so overheated. They want to be outside with us but they look like they are going to pass out. I bet they would like it a tad better with the little vests!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I am a huge reader too! In the summer I usually read a book a day. However, the older I get the more I need to get off my a** and not spend the whole day sitting on it. If I was going to start reading a Web Griffin book, which one should I start with?

I love your ring set. Every time I see it, I have a little pang to go back to yellow gold. I wore yellow gold for 30 years and I still love it so much.

I made pizza last night for dinner. I have finally been able to perfect it. Popcorn is my second favorite. I confess I have it for lunch sometimes.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all!

Missy, sorry this weekend was a dud weather-wise; we had crummy weather too, although I guess Sunday wasn't too bad.

Kristie, the pics of Maggie and Finn in their little swim vests are beyond cute!!! :love: :love: :love: Wow, they are such gorgeous dogs!

Luv2sparkle, I LOVE that watch and I would be so tempted if I had the money haha! I love the jewelry counter at Costco - every time I go I visit an EC diamond halo ring that's in the case - I'm like a kid in a candy store, my face is practically pressed up on the glass lol!

Jimmianne, the idea of owning a house in France is very exciting! It would certainly spice up things up and be quite the adventure, I think it's definitely worth considering. :dance:

Marcy, I'm afraid I might not be too much help in the band department either…all of your bands look beautiful with your ering. It's a shame that Shane and Co messed up the diamond band, I love that look with your ring. I agree that you run the risk of too many mm if you try to stack more than one band. I like Kristie's idea of a thinner pave band so you can mix and match a little easier. Or a slightly thinner plain gold band might work too.

I'm an avid reader too and am always looking for good books to read - I checked out Web Griffin's books on Amazon and he has good reviews…he has several series, are you reading the Badge of Honor series?

Calliecake, unfortunately I'll probably have to pack during what is supposed to be my vacation! Helping with my mother limits my ability to go to SC and get started. Ah well, I'm sure I'll find some time to relax anyway. I keep thinking packing shouldn't be *too* bad because it's really just been used as a vacation home, and hopefully I'm right! :sick:

Ovi, thinking of you and hoping you're doing well!

Have a good afternoon everyone, I'll check in later!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon NIRDIs!

Kristie, Finn and Maggie look so adorable in their swim vests. That's burning calories and getting cardiovascular exercise in style!

Did you get your new Samsung Galaxy yet? Wow I cannot believe they are on the 6th new model already. I don't know which I have but guessing 3 or 4. Have you chosen a phone case for it or will the old one fit? I hope you got the Bleu while you are at Costco today. :naughty:

Marcy, I love all the combos so no help from me. Your ER is beautiful and looks great with any band. I actually love the scattered band with your ER though it isn't as blingy as the others. I am glad you were able to read and relax this weekend and hope your workday is going smoothly. Monday is almost over and only a few more days left plus holiday weekend so woohoo! Are you taking Friday off for the holiday and hopefully combining it with Monday off too? :appl:

Callie, I hope all your landscaping gets done. Isn't cool wet weather good for landscaping? Keep in mind I have no green thumb or any plant knowledge whatsoever but I thought rain and cool was good for planting. In any case I hope the landscaper can do everything they need to do to keep your yard looking gorgeous.

Luv2sparkle, I love popcorn too and since it is confession time I sometimes have popcorn for dinner LOL so nice to see a fellow popcorn lover here. :cheeky:

Junie, I am sorry your mom is taking up so much of your time. I really wish you could get help because you shouldn't have to be packing on your vacation but I hope you at least have some quality time for yourself. ((Hugs)) and hope your mom is doing OK and that you are doing well too. Yes Sunday did clear up so that was nice. We were in Red Bank for the afternoon yesterday and came home this morning. Weekends go so fast.

Jimmianne, hope you had fun with your friend yesterday and I will keep you posted on the new Maui Jim's when they arrive.

Here is a pic of my new cross body bag. Whenever the weather is inclement I do my bit for stimulating the economy. :bigsmile:

newlightbluekatespadecrossbody.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, honestly, ya look BAAAAAAD in that ensemble :appl: :love: Anyone over 40 who can still look BAAAAAD is rockin' it.

Did you go shopping today? I love the new bag.

I did get the Samsung Galaxy 6 at Costco today. Honestly, they set up your phone, your email, your apps, they did all the paperwork for my $70 rebate cash card, they changed my service from one provider to another, they could answer every question I had, I'll never go anywhere else for a phone. The rep who worked with me was a student of mine years ago, lol, at one point we looked at each other and both said "I know you!!!!" When this happens I usually was their band director :lol: Thank god most of the students had fun in my bands!!

I averted my eyes from the jewelry cases, which were right next to the phone kiosk. One thing I did notice when I looked last week, the diamonds I saw were all I color. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thank you, NIRDIs, for your sweet comments on Finn and Maggie in their swim gear. It was 111 degrees today so we had swim time when Bob got home from work.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Callie, I really enjoyed reading all day on Sunday. When I used to teach that was what I did between semesters was read a book or 2. I never had the time with 2 full time jobs.

Luv2Sparkle, did you try on that Cartier watch? That might make up your mind. Marty read all of the Web Griffin books and says you can read any series out of order. A few characters may show up in other series but it doesn’t leave you hanging because you don’t know about them. I read the Presidential Agent series first and now I’m almost done with the Badge of Honor. I think next I’ll start the Brotherhood of War. So you make your own crust for your pizza? We do sometimes and other times I pick up a pizza dough mix. IMO I think diamonds really pop in yellow gold so even though I have quite a few WG rings I think I’ll stick with YG for my wedding rings.

Junebug, your description of the jewelry at Costco makes me glad we only have a Sams club locally. You should try on the EC ring. I’m an enabler that way. I think that is my biggest problem is that none of them look bad. I think the next time I am at the Shane Company I am going to see if they had a channel set band similar to what I had before. I will definitely try on some thin pave bands like Kristie suggested; I think that would look good too. Yes, I am reading the Badge of Honor series. I’ve really enjoyed the 2 series I’ve read so far by him.

Missy, you and your new bag look fabulous! Thanks for your thoughts on my ring and bands. There isn’t really anything wrong with any of them. I think it’s just an excuse to look for another band. I do have Friday off but will be back to work next Monday.

We had a nice anniversary. Marty sent me a very pretty bouquet of flowers – I hope you can read the card. It says “the rabbits made me do it”. We went out for supper then went wandering Lowes looking at appliances. We were going to go to Sears next but they closed at 8. What?

Tomorrow is my first team leader meeting. FUN! My new boss is attending. I was about to ask him – you realize I’ve tried everything I can think of to fix these problems without going nasty or negative them but we got interrupted. Sigh.

Take care.
Marcy

_31728.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I love your new bag. You look so pretty in the picture, love the dress and boots. If this is what bike riding does for a body I really need to get a bike and start riding. You look great girl! You are correct about cooler temperatures and rain when the plants are already in the ground. They are worried my grass will get all ripped up if they plant with everything being so wet. I bet nothing gets done until next week as we are expecting rain the next few days.

Marcy, Good luck with your group meeting. I hope everyine plays nice in the meeting. Your flowers are beautiful. Marty's message was cute.

Junebug, I wish everything would just magically get packed for you. I hate moving but you are right it will probably be much easier packing up a vacation home. How has your mom been doing. Do you think you will be getting a break soon. Is your sister coming to stay with your mom anytime soon? I worry about you getting burned out.

Kristie, I love the pictures of Finn and Maggie. They are the cutest furbabies!

Luv2sparkle, Did you get the watch??? It's beautiful!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="azstonie
I averted my eyes from the jewelry cases. LOL AZ, I admire your strength.

It was 111 degrees today. OMG!!! is that normal for summer there? Please tell me the humidity is low![/quote]

Missy, love the cross-body color, size and shape- it looks perfect. You set the bar high for lookin' good, kid.

edit: I am off to my best oldest friend's house for tea [2 towns over]. She is recovering from surgery from stage one breast cancer and I am so grateful that she is OK. It sounds as though they found it very very early - - - from a mammogram---which is an inspiration to make an appointment.

Yesterday I babysat my daughter's house while she had french doors installed in her Airbnb suite so there is a lockable separate entrance [all guests have had to go through her upstairs], today going back to wait for the locksmith...she had her first "not cool" Airbnb guest last week. Probably harmless, but not well mentally and it was a bit scary for us.

Ironically we had our first unhappy Airbnb stay -in Paris. The apt was small but efficient, but she overcharged as did the taxi she sent, then told us we had to strip the bed and fold the sheets [!?] ...and then left us a bad review because we left out wet towels on the floor in the bathroom. She said "this is not a hotel!" The funny thing was that the clean towels were on the floor when we got there. Sadly we had already left her a good review. [You can't see the host's review until you post yours].
That was my tempest in a teapot yesterday. I hate even the smallest injustice, and her unwarranted review could affect our future Airbnb relations. Funny how the little things can really get to you. :wall:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs!

Kristie, woohoo! Yay for your new phone and yes I agree Costco rocks. We got our phones there too. Greg got his blackberry and I got my old Samsung Galaxy. Please let me know how you like your new one because in a few months I am getting another mobile and I was thinking of maybe just maybe switching to the iPhone so I am interested to hear your thoughts re the new Samsung. Thanks for your compliment. I am way closer to 50 of course...6 weeks or so now. Countown beginning lol.

Ha, Kristie, you are way stronger than I could ever be. I can never avert my eyes from the jewelry display no matter how low the bling budget fund is. I am weak as I have already shared with you girls. The thing is most Costco jewelry doesn't appeal to me with the exception of a few pieces. That Cartier watch ooh la la and if I wore my watches I would be tempted. And a riviera necklace from Costco tempted me too but I am holding out for an antique riviera/tennis necklace one day perhaps...

So glad you got some more swimming in when Bob got home yesterday. With that kind of heat I don't know if I could leave the nicely air-conditioned house. Wow that is hot. Hope you are all staying cool and comfortable! Jimmianne, I think the humidity is dry there almost all the time but Kristie can correct me if I am wrong. Still even with low humidity 111 is hot no matter how you slice it. :-o

Marcy, thank you. Those flowers Marty got you are gorgeous. Hahaha the rabbits made him do it LOL. LOVE the sense of humor you both have. :bigsmile: Yay for Friday off!!!
Good luck today for the first team leader meeting. Fingers crossed it goes well for you. :appl:

Callie, thank you and I hope the rain you are getting will make everything grow beautifully and so when the landscapers come next week it will all go well.

Jimmianne, thank you. Any more thoughts re your France trip? Any more pics to share with us? How was Puff and all the other fur babies when you were away? Were they thrilled to see you when you came home or were they a bit standoffish at first? Please share more of your adventures and memories with us. :appl:

Hi Junie, Ovi, luv2sparkle, hope you are having a good week. Luv, I thought of you yesterday because I had popcorn for lunch. I am bad. :wink2:

Have a good Tuesday everyone. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Callie, that would be awful if your new grass got torn up. I hope you get some dry, warm weather soon so the landscapers can get things put in for you. My meeting took off is all directions. My boss who was going to come listen jumped in and ran most of it. He gave them an assignment and suggested I have a meeting twice a week. I am amazingly calm about it though.

Jimmianne, I am glad to hear your friend is doing well. Good idea to get a locked door for your daughter.

Kristie, I missed your post last night. I hope you like your new phone. My car said it was 92 when I was out at lunch today and I thought, “wow this is really hot”. Then I thought Kristie would be happy to be this cool.

Missy, thank you. Marty keeps me laughing for sure. He keeps opening the door when I get home but of course sticks a rabbit through the door who then hisses at me. He snuck on in to the car tonight when we went out for a quick supper then to look at appliances at Sears. My team leader meeting was interesting. I still have no idea how this will all play out but time will tell. Popcorn isn’t bad for lunch.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there NIRDIS!

Missy, I love your new bag, it's really pretty. And you look fabulous!!! Calliecake is right, if this is what cycling does for a person I should get on a bike asap lol!

Yeah…I know…eventually I'm going to have to be more insistent about getting extra help…we've been doing it this way for so long it's kinda hard to change things. I'll figure something out, it's just hard. In the meantime my husband and I are planning some long weekend trips, which I actually enjoy and those are easier to do since I just rearrange the days I go to my mother's for that week.

Jimmianne, I'm so glad your friend is doing so well, that's a rough thing to go through and hard on you too. ((hugs)) I hope you had a good visit with her.

Marcy, the flowers Marty sent are beautiful! :love: So sweet, and what a cute card! I just realized I don't think I wished you a Happy Anniversary, I'm sorry! :oops: I'm glad you and Marty had a nice day together.

I think you're right, I might just have to pop that ring on next time I'm at Costco! :devil: I'm just like you, I like everything! There's a morganite halo ring that's really pretty too. See how hopeless I am? ;(

Sounds like you are doing all you can with your employees, short of slamming your fist on the desk and hollering! And it wouldn't work anyway. It must be frustrating for you, and it's so hard to get people to listen and change their behavior. My husband deals with it all the time in his job too, and it drives him crazy. I hope the meeting goes ok for you.

Calliecake, thanks for thinking of me! I'm hanging in there and I guess I do feel a little burned out now and then. I really think taking some weekend trips will make me feel like I'm getting a break from everything. My daughter has said she'll help with the packing, and I'm sure my son will pitch in too. Do you have any special plans or vacations for this summer?

Kristie, 111 degrees? Whoa! Thank goodness for pools and AC lol!

Oh, I saw this on Facebook and I know it's kinda dumb but for some reason it made me laugh so I just wanted to share!

Take care everyone, see you all tomorrow!

10609623_722766717760954_8836980463765678819_n.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey girls, just saying hi! I just got back to work, and am still catching up, and feeling sick but better. This is a nasty 2 part cold.

Missy, love the look! Works for you.

Marcy, love the flowers, and Marty is the sweetest.

Junie, LOVE the cat picture. Sorry, cats are just too smart for the racing thing. They're like, "what? I'm comfortable right here, thank you very much."

Hugs to everyone. Sorry I haven't read everything, but just saying hi and miss you guys. I will be going radio silent for a while but hope to have fun news when I am back!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy July 1st!

Junie, love the kitty race pic. So true. Cats will do what they want to do when they want to do it and sleep about 23 hours of the day. Gotta love em. In fact their life is pretty good as long as they have employees (us) taking care of them.

I am glad you have long weekend trips you are looking forward to enjoying with your dh. Those will be a nice getaway from the everyday.

Jimmianne, I missed your edit yesterday. I am glad your friend is doing well and hope you enjoyed the day with her. I am sorry about what happened at the Airbnb in Paris. OMG about your dd's experience with a guest in her Airbnb suite. That is scary and I hope the locks are effective at keeping her safe and secure.

Marcy, Now you are going to have a work meeting twice a week? I am glad you are remaining calm about it. What a huge PITA. Thank goodness for Friday off this week! What are your July 4th and long weekend plans? Yes I suppose 92 degrees is cool compared to Kristie's weather these days.

Forgot to continue my name guessing...Is his name Zales? :cheeky:

Callie, we are getting some of your rain now. We woke up this AM and Cable is completely out but so far thank goodness we still have internet. Greg was on the phone to get a Cablevision customer service rep but no luck. I guess at 5AM they have a skeleton crew. It is always something. Today is a work day and I really don't like the idea of not having Cablevision mainly because our internet is via Cablevision so if the TV service is out Internet usually follows and when we get home tonight is not the time to try dealing with it.

What are your July 4th holiday plans? Anything interesting? Is Jeff taking a long weekend?

LLJsmom, Ugh I am sorry you are dealing with another cold and hope you start feeling all better very soon. How is your tendonitis and how is everything else going? Any new VCA pieces? I am looking forward to hearing about what fun news (very excited for you) you have to share with us soon so I will try being patient while we wait to hear from you.
(((Hugs))) back at ya and feel all better soon!

OK girls, have a good day. Stay cool and happy and hopefully I can connect to say hey to you all later. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Happy July 2! lol and happy Friday.

LLJsmom, are you feeling better today? I hope so. Please take it as easy as possible. [hard to do of course]

Junebug - I love those cats! That long row of big eyes : ) It's funny that they are supposed to be racing, but also, what a thought provoking photo wondering how they got all the cats to sit still. From the directions of the cat-stares it does look as though there was more than one person keeping them occupied.

I had a nice lunch with friends yesterday at our "best restaurant". The menu is always funny as they try to be sophisticated & cram in as many adjectives as possible. We were giggling about all the shaved ladies on the menu - ugh... "Shaved Lady Edison Country Ham, Rose's Cantaloupe Melon,
Summercrisp Lettuces, Liz's Shaved Chioggia Beets, Michael's Filet Beans, Larry's Basil Vinaigrette".
It reminds me of Portlandia where the diners are ordering chicken and after asking the chicken's name they pause to go visit the chicken's farm to see if it had a happy childhood.

Everytime I tell someone about my trip I get excited all over again and feel homesick for France. Otherwise, it's fading...mostly back to earth AND FUNCTIONING. yay! I mailed a thank you note to the host and included a very nice coloring book for the young sister - $21 to mail just a little book!!! I went ahead and mailed it, but I will probably not be sending much to France heavier than a letter. The postmistress said to send French friends Euros instead but that seems kind of rude. [although the kids wouldn't mind, I'm sure].

I do have a question - I am getting to the point where I can't catch up with all my work. I have never had someone help me clean because it makes me uncomfortable. How did you find the right person? Do you lock up your valuables? What about fragile items? Did you show them how you wanted things done or just set them loose? I hate dealing with people; managing them and asking them to do my "dirty work". Am I nuts? [maybe you shouldn't answer that lol].

Here are the rings I bought on my trip - I love the little bird, it was the only thing I got in Paris and it came from the Birdy Boutique : ) : I had under 5 minutes to grab a souvenir. Next time......
img_9057.jpg
but to get a little more "serious"
Casey has a band to die for [top band]. & I want one of everything she has made! 11071089_348419938697954_7647484611058983459_n.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Jimmianne,

I love the litle bird ring (so sweet) and the ring from Caysie!!!!

I cleaned our home for twenty years and found our cleaning lady by accident. Our builder used her to clean the house after he refinished the wood floors in our home. Dust was alsolutely everywhere and she did a fabulous job. I have used her ever since and absolutely love her. I usually put money and my jewelry in the safe. To be honest if I forget to do so I would not worry. I trust her completely if she ever came to me saying she needed anything I would do everything I could to help her. She is a wonderful person.

I would ask friends if they have anyone they would recommend. I was told by many friends that I would have a hard time finding anyone who would clean in a way that would make me happy. I didn't have to tell her how I wanted anything cleaned. She did ask me if I had any special reuqests when she started. I have asked her if she could use Pinesol on the tile floors as I like the smell. I supply the Pinesol and leave it on the counter for her. Although if I had any other requests I would just talk to her about it. I also have always been very fair with pay and always give her the same amount as a cleaning for a holiday gift.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, thanks for your story.
This is the kind of person I would like to find!
I should have faith that I will find someone wonderful.

Meanwhile, I am CLEANING big time today and vowing NOT to have the big dogs in the main part of the house anymore.
I always say that and it lasts about one day : )

Onward!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I've had cleaning help myself and my working mother had cleaning help forever.

A few things:
1. In my experience, you don't want anyone rushing through the job. That is when things get broken. Have a room or a spot where the stuff you don't want handled goes. Talk with the person, you dont want them rushing (some people like to see hurrying).
2. Decide what your most important I-gotta-have-it-this-way things are. For me, it was she uses my cleaning equipment and chemicals, the floors are vacuumed and tgen steamed, and I didn't want her in my spare room.
3. Pay well. If a cleaner made it through a year without causing me problems (too many cancellations, etc) I gave a day of sick pay and a day of vacation pay. At Christmas, a full day's pay as a bonus on the cleaning day just prior to Christmas.
4. Dont befriend your cleaner. Be kind, respectful, but a little reserved/distant.
5. Do you want them there if they are sick?
6. If you cancel too much, cleaner isnt earning to capacity so keep that in mind.
7. Pay in cash for everyone's benefit. Pay enough so that if she's declaring it, she still has some income after the taxes get taken out (a living wage even though it's an hourly wage).
8. She's going to need to get your house cleaned to a level where weekly or biweekly service will handle things.
9. Remove clutter, she can clean or she can move stuff/then clean/then move it back.
10. Find out her top three must-haves from you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy July 4th eve!!!

Jimmianne, I love your bird ring from France. So sweet. :love: What a lovely piece of bling to remember your trip. When you get your pied-à-terre we can arrange a NIRDI GTG in France. Hopefully by that time I will be over my crazy fear of flying.

I am glad you enjoyed lunch with your friend the other day and I hope she is recovering well.

LLJSmom, speaking of recovery I hope you are feeling much better and stronger. Looking forward to seeing what new pieces you have bought. Have a great holiday with the family!

Callie, that's a wonderful way to find your cleaning person. It can be such a challenge. Glad it worked out well for you. I think I shared here how we found our cleaning crew at the beach. We were cycling and we saw the cleaning crew coming out of this beautiful mansion on the water about 15 miles or so away from our house. I got off the bike and went right up to the head person and asked her if she would come to our house for an estimate. And she did that very night and we hired her. She is well worth the $$$ but I have to say if I was any good at cleaning I would start my own business. They can make good money and their hourly rate is almost as much as mine LOL. But you cannot put a price on a clean and tidy home.

Kristie, great checklist. I agree with it all. Especially the part about not befriending the cleaners. That is always the hardest part for me but I managed to pull it off this time LOL.

Junie, hope you have a good holiday and good luck with the packing!

Marcy, happy holiday weekend and hope you and a great time with your friends last night. I hope you enjoyed the Freakshow. Did you take big sips for the NIRDIs I hope. Enjoy the weekend!

We are leaving for the beach house very soon and I am wishing everyone a safe and happy July 4th holiday weekend and hope you all have fun! Leaving you with a less than flattering pic of me but with a great pic of Tommy. When I got home from work yesterday I got this quick pic. A selfie no less. LOL. And I am wearing the new Maui Jim sunglasses in this pic too. The lens is rose and it is my first rose colored lenses and I like it. A good way to view the world through rose colored lenses sometimes. :bigsmile:

tommyandmeandmauijim.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, isn't that pic so true? A cat won't do a darn thing unless he just happens to feel like it lol. I just get a kick out of that cat attitude!

Love the pic, Tommy is so sweet and I love your new glasses, they look so good on you! Yeah, I could use a pair of rose-colored glasses myself some days ha.

I'm hoping you have good weather this weekend - tomorrow looks iffy but I think Sunday is supposed to be nice.

Jimmianne, love your ring from France! So sweet. And Caysie's pieces are really beautiful.

I think it's a great idea to get a cleaning person, you have a lot of responsibilities with the farm and it sounds like someone helping with the housework would make things easier for you.

Kristie, great list! You've thought of things that wouldn't have entered my mind, I'm so clueless sometimes. Great tips.

Marcy, sorry the meeting ended up being all over the place…I'm glad you're not stressing too much over it. Who knows, maybe extra meetings will help everyone get on the same page and working together. Managing people is hard, but just hang in there, it sounds like you're doing what you can to get your team in line.

LLJsmom, sorry you've been so sick but glad you're on the mend. Check in when you can and keep us updated as to any purchases! :naughty:

Not much planned for this weekend - I'll have to check with dh, but we probably won't even barbecue and just go out to eat somewhere! We tend to be a bit lazy at our house. :cheeky: The restaurants should be pretty empty lol.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey NIRDIs! I hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend! :wavey: :appl:

Missy, great shades and that IS a good pic of Tommy (I'm assuming he gave you a release to post his pic, heehee).

Re cleaning, when it is good, its AMAZING! When its not going well and you're unhappy, its THE PITTS and its an interpersonal nightmare trying to get it turned around. So that is why I think its key to keep a little distance, you can discuss problems more easily that way.

I do put my jewelry box in my safe, along with other things. What I worried about as much as actual theft was identity theft from someone picking up mail/documents in my house and then using them.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Junebug, I am glad you and your husband are going to take some long well deserved weekends. You certainly deserve a break. Thank you for the anniversary wishes. We did have a very nice day. A morganite in a halo ring sounds very pretty. Since Marty’s leaving tomorrow I was considering a little jewelry browsing (which often gets me in trouble) on Sunday. Tell your DH I feel his pain. I am truly at my wits ends of dealing with my employees. I don’t think they / it can be fixed or changed. And you are so correct that even pounding your fists and hollering won’t make a difference either. I love the cat racing picture.

LLJsmom, I am glad to hear you are feeling better. Thank you for the anniversary wishes. Next year will be the big 25 years for us.

Missy, I might back off on 2 meetings a week. One is bad enough. I might get to cancel Monday’s meeting since one of them is leaving before the scheduled meeting. Ha Ha. Yes, you guessed the name of the ugly bear. Our company last night were inquiring “what is that?” What a pain to lose TV or internet connection. Yes I did take big sips of Freakshow for all of you plus a few glasses of sangria. I ate way too much too but we had a great time. Love the picture of you and Tommy. It’s very cute. Great idea to see the world through rose colored glasses; I should get some for meetings with my employees. I wonder if they’d get it. Your glasses look fabulous!

Jimmianne, that is kind of funny about a very descriptive menu at your best restaurant. Of course it helps answer questions about what exactly you’d be ordering. Your rings from France are fabulous. The bird is very cool. We kind of lucked out on our cleaning lady; her FIL is a friend of Marty’s. I generally leave her alone and rarely have to ask her to specifically do something. She does general cleaning not deep cleaning for us. I put up my laptop and iPad because I don’t want them jostled around when she moves things. My good jewelry is in a safe so I don’t worry about that. I have a 2 piece crystal decoration on my mantle and I leave them disconnected because I worry she’ll pick up one piece and drop the other one. She has done some dings and scrapes here and there in our house that Marty is far more calm about than I am but as he pointed out you don’t really want to piss off someone who has access to your stuff. That of course was before she moved one of his watches and then he was upset. If you hire a service they are generally bonded which gives you some piece of mind. You can also ask around for recommendations. I definitely don’t regret deciding to hire someone to clean our house.

Callie, that is nice you found someone you like to clean for you. We’ve been getting afternoon rain showers again; have you dried out enough for the landscaper to come put in your landscaping?

Kristie, good tips and advice on cleaners. I always declutter before our lady comes to clean and empty my dishes. I don’t want her wasting her time picking up or vacuuming around Marty’s shoes. Same goes for her doing my dishes or emptying my dishwasher; I’d rather have her cleaning for me. Something I’ve done if we are out of town the week she would clean I ask her if she’d like to make up that week before or after we get back and I’ve had to come again after a big party and clean only the kitchen, guest baths and man cave. I still pay her the same as if she cleaned the whole house for us. I wouldn’t relish having a talk with her about undesirable results.

We’ve had a few busy days. We had friends over for a BBQ and game night last night. Marty did a rub on some BBQ short ribs and cooked them slowly on the grill most of the day. He also cooked some BBQ chicken quarters. I made pasta salad with veggies, cheese and fat free zesty Italian dressing. Our friends brought fresh fruit, corn on the cob and dessert. It was actually nice enough we sat on the patio then played cribbage and cards against humanity in the man cave. Our friends left about 11. I even left the dishes for this morning. That is not like me at all; I can’t STAND to leave dirty dishes. I did rinse them all though.

This morning I took care of the dishes, cleaned up the man cave, made brownies and picked off dead flowers. Marty got home from golf about 2 pm and we had leftover BBQ food.

Marty heads to Malaysia tomorrow. He flies there through San Francisco, Korea then to Malaysia then comes home through Frankfurt. I told him he is definitely circling the globe on this trip.

Have a fun and safe 4th of July!

Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls, I hope everyone is having a nice holiday weekend.

Missy, What a sweet picture of you with Tommy! I really like your sunglasses. They look great on you. We are going shopping tomorrow and out to dinner. There are a lot of sales going on. I may have to look at new sunglasses.

Marcy, Your night with friends sounded fun. I'm sorry you are dealing with so much at work. It makes it hard to go to work when you know you have employee issues to deal with. The landscapers are coming on Tuesday and the weather will be dry so hopefully everything will go smoothly. I always hate it when my husband has to travel on a holiday weekend. He spent last 4th of July in London.

Junebug, Your weekend sounds nice and relaxing. I'm all for going out to dinner.

Kristie, What are you up to this weekend? Any new phone calls?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, I love your glasses and your new bag! You look fabulous in both! I was at Costco a couple times in the last few days, and right now the traveling show thingy is sunglass. They had about 20 different styles of Maui Jims. Look for it when it comes to your town, you may be able to get another pair at a killer price. Cuz we both know, you can never have too many Maui Jims.

Jimmianne, I love your birdy ring and that ring from Caysie is to die for. Holy cow, that is gorgeous.

Callie, I didn't buy the watch but I have visited it a couple times in the last few days! Truthfully, I am trying not to think about it because when I do I find myself a little irritated that I am paying for this wedding/vacation and can't do the things I want to. I know I will be glad I did it when it is over, but the last few days I have been thinking about all the stuff we have had to put off because we are paying for a second wedding. DH made a couple comments like he was going to buy it for our anniversary that is on the 12th but I don't think I want him to. It is a big one though, 35!

Marcy, your flowers are beautiful and I am so glad you had a nice anniversary.

It has been so hot here too. When it is so hot all I can think about is rainy nights and a big pot of soup on the stove. I think I could really live in Washington where it rains a lot and be perfectly happy!

Missy, how do you like to eat your popcorn? Do you eat it plain or jazz it up a bit? When we were in Oregon last summer, I found this blue cheese powder. I melt 1 TBls. of Irish butter and sprinkle in some of the blue cheese powder and drizzle that over my popcorn. love love love and 220 calories for a giant bowl. I had that for lunch today too.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Luv2, specifics in the blue cheese powder, please???!!! :lickout:

Callie, all quiet on the western front!!! :-o

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, when I think of all that travelling for Marty - Wow. Great that he gets to see the world, but I'll bet he's so glad to get back home to you.
Love hearing about your entertaining. Whoops - I thought I was supposed to leave the dishes overnight after a party!? No?
You and Marty are so energetic and organized. I hope he had a good game. Does he get to play golf when he travels?

Missy, you and Tommy are both adorable. I think you would make good models for Maui Jim's. They could pay you in sunglasses and Tommy...I don't know whether he would like his own personal goldfish bowl or some sunglasses too : ) Puff says: :wavey: to Tommy.
I spent some one-on-one with Puff this morning. He still won't talk when I'm in the room so I can't tell tell if he has learned to say Aunt Missy yet : (

Thanks for the cleaning help... help. I will take the advice to heart and start searching after the holiday weekend.

Yes, those Casey rings are SO wonderful. All of them, the bands and the solitaires. I hesitate to spend a whooping 4k on a narrow band with my history of a short attention span for new rings. But if I look enough and my dear enablers chime in, who knows??

Happy 4th, everyone. I'm going to a girl-party, then a friend's art opening reception. My neighbor down the road has a huge fireworks display right after dusk, so I can celebrate from my upstairs window while the dogs hide under the bed. For 10 years I went to the party, but most of the attendees are staunch military science fiction Nerds [neighbor is a sci-fi author] and the conversations were quite limited. Now, a diamond fireworks NIRDI party would be divine!!! and we would never run out of conversation :dance:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAPPY JULY 4TH GIRLS!!!

Junie, haha yes, kitties do what they want when they want and it is always on their terms. However they are loving and sweet and oh so delicious when they want to share their loving.

Eating out this weekend sounds fantastic. I cannot believe it won't be crowded in the restaurants by you this weekend. Here it is mayhem so we cannot eat out even if we wanted to which believe me I want to as I am tired of eating at home and feel like a change. Next week since we are planning on staying the week at the beach house probably.

Next weekend you are going to SC right? Closing date looming soon I believe. Exciting times ahead. :appl:

Enjoy this weekend and I hope it is a relaxing and rejuvenating one for you!

Kristie, oh yes Tommy fully approved the photo before I posted. He cannot take a bad photo however unlike me so he always approves all photos hehe. Looking at the pic I think my new Maui Jims look a lot like a few other MJs I have LOL. Isn't that typical me. :wink2:

Yes I forgot to add I always put my bling and other important papers in the safe when our cleaning lady comes to our Brooklyn home. And we hide any bling I bring to the beach house when our crew comes.

How's the weather by you this weekend? Any plans?

Marcy, how frustrating for you dealing with this employee stress. I am sorry and hope it works itself out somehow. Yes cancel that Monday meeting if you can. Need a break from 2 meetings a week. Zales the bear is not ugly at all IMO. I think he is beautiful and please give him a great big bear hug from his Aunt Missy and don't forget all the other bears and yes even killer bunnies need love too. I think the bunnies are more bravado than anything else and are just lacking the confidence they need to accept the fact they need love from the bears. I think you are this close to one happy big fur baby family complete without killer bunny attacks. At least I can dream right? :cheeky:

Your BBQ and game night last night sounds wonderful. As does that menu. Yummy! I hear you on the dirty dishes and I just cannot leave dirty dishes even in the dishwasher and I always run it as soon as I can. Sometimes when company is still at our place LOL. Is that bad? 8)

I am sorry Marty is traveling this July 4th and I agree he is circling the globe on this trip. Wow he gets to travel to some interesting places and go through interesting places to get there too. Wishing him safe and successful travels and I hope he returns home to you very soon! Wish we NIRDIs lived closer so we could keep you company and remember we are always here for you!

Callie, shopping for anything special? Your day sounds lovely and going out to dinner sounds wonderful too. Hoping for good weather when your landscaper arrives Tuesday and that it all goes smoothly.

Luv2sparkle, thanks for the Costco tip. I will have to check it out though honestly I do not need or want any more sunglasses at all especially MJs as I have almost enough for an MJ store haha.

I air pop my popcorn in a presto popper and add nothing due to my food intolerances. I used to add hot pepper or cinnamon occasionally but these days I enjoy it straight. I know that is not something most people would enjoy but it satisfies my need for crunch and snacking and I am good with it. Thankfully because besides popcorn nuts are the only other thing I can snack on these days for the most part.

I say go for the watch for your 35th if you love it Luv. You should celebrate and enjoy such a milestone anniversary and after all you do for the rest of your family you deserve some pampering too!

I am with you in considering someplace cloudy/overcast and occasionally rainy though I never thought I would say that. I haven't shared this with anybody except for one other person here but last week I developed a huge raised rash on both thighs and my calf right after cycling and it went away after a few days but it came back with a vengeance after our bike ride yesterday. I sent pics to my derm last week and last night too when it returned and he isn't sure what it is. It wasn't hot yesterday so I don't think it was a heat reaction and I was fully protected from the sun so I don't think it was a sun reaction. At first I thought it was my PMLE but my derm doesn't think so.

My derm wants me to apply topical steroids and up my antihistamine dosage but it is not itchy. I am scared because well I have some scary thoughts running through my head of course not knowing what it is. I won't share those thoughts here because I don't want to bring anyone down and honestly I had second thoughts about even sharing this as I hate monopolizing this thread with my health concerns and also don't want to be a downer to you girls any more than I have been. But I knew you guys would understand and that sharing it with you sort of helps a bit at least. If that makes sense. Anyway I don't want to focus on this issue much here at all just sharing it and if I find out anything more I will update you. But for now let's move on to happier thoughts and events OK? I will include a picture though because if it were me reading this I would want a pic. LOL. IRL it is redder and even more raised than it appears in the photo. There are some very unattractive photos on my dh's iPad these days with my rashy legs. I am lucky he loves me no matter what because let's just say he has been tested these past 2 years. :sick: ::)

Jimmianne, I almost missed your post again LOL. We keep posting around the same time. Hugs to Puff from me and Tommy and hugs to you too girlfriend. I cannot wait to meet IRL and give you a real life hug. That goes for all the NIRDIs!

Have fun at the party and art reception. Sounds like a great way to celebrate the holiday weekend!

Thinking of you Orsi, Sharon, LLJsmom, and hoping everyone is enjoying their July 4th whether or not you celebrate it. Hugs and happy weekend all!

raisedlesionsonthighjuly32015.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Kristie, the blue cheese powder is called BLUE HEAVEN -blue cheese powder by Rogue Creamery. While I bought the first jar in Oregon, I ordered the second on Amazon I believe. You can also order directly from them, but I think it was a better deal on amazon. But check to make sure. Their cows use no growth hormones and there is nothing icky in it. Here are the ingredients. "Blue cheese (pasteurized milk, salt, cheese culture,enzymes.) Rice concentrate (anti-caking agent) nonfat dry milk." Thats it. A little bit is enough.

Missy, don't worry to much about your rash. It could be a million insignificant things that could cause it. You are not bringing any one down at all. I get a rash that looks very similar from the sun or heat. It doesn't need to be very hot either. I know you said that you didn't think that was what it is. Hugs to you! Try not to worry. As for your hubby, that is what love does, it holds you through the rough times, and I know you would do the same for him if the situation was reversed. We have so little control over these things.

Hope everyone has a great 4th! Stay safe!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs! Happy 4th of July!

Callie, have fun shopping and going out for dinner tomorrow. That will be nice to get your landscaping in finally on Tuesday.

Luv2Sparkle, rats that the wedding and vacation is cutting in to other spending money but you and your family will have so many wonderful memories from it so hopefully that makes it a bit easier on you. 35th years together is awesome; I hope you still do something very special for your anniversary. I had popcorn for supper. I threw my first batch away since I burnt it. I made less popcorn than usual since it was just for me and cooked it too long.

Kristie, I am glad all is quite on the western front. I’ve had a mellow quiet day.

Jimmianne, luckily Marty really enjoys going places (not the long plane rides) but seeing different countries. He is always glad to come home too though. He did take his Killer Rabbit with him. Marty did go to the range a few times in the UK but usually he doesn’t have the time to play golf on his trips. I am OCD about doing dishes ASAP, anything else can wait until tomorrow. I think that goes back to college because I hated getting up in our apartment and finding open beer bottles and remnants of mixed drinks setting around. I think it kind of smells bad. My friends used to tease me they invited me to parties because they knew I’d do their dishes for them. So Puff talks when you aren’t in the room? That’s kind of funny. Have fun at the party. Good idea to watch the nice fireworks display from your house. I was thinking of doing the same thing. I can go park somewhere and watch the local fireworks but right now I might just watch the Macy’s special on TV.

Missy, can you see the fireworks from your beach house? They just said on the Macy’s special there are 5 barges in the harbor where they launch the fireworks from for the show. I think Zales is pretty cute too. All the rabbits and bears are getting along fine now that Marty is ½ way around the world (and then some). I don’t think it’s rude to do dishes right away. Our kitchen and dining room is open and right by each other it’s not like I am no longer participating in the conversation. Marty thinks it is rude for me to get up from the dinner table and start doing dishes. I always insist I’m fine and don’t need help, please stay seated but he thinks it’s rude. How awful to have a big rash break out on your thighs. Ugh. That’s good it doesn’t itch and makes me think it’s more heat related than anything. I hope it goes away as quickly as it showed up. And you are never a downer. Ever. Hugs to you!

Marty left about 4 am. I slept until about 8. I actually haven’t taken a shower yet today but I am getting itchy so I am going to take one here in a few minutes. I got my laundry done and another round of dishes. I rented quite a few movies today and have been reading. Marty gets to Korea about midnight our time and then gets to Malaysia about 8 am our time tomorrow. He said he took headphones and sleeping pills so I hope he gets a nice nap in on one of his flights.

Take care!
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls, I hope everyone has a happy 4th.

Missy, Do you think your sun glasses would look good on a narrow face? I never really think of my face as small until I put sunglasses on it. I love your new glasses. They look great on you. Is your leg looking any better? Does the rash itch? I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this.

Marcy, Do you think you have room for another bear? If so, please let me know. My husband found one today that he said you need! He told me to hurry up and look in the bag. Here I thought he bought a present for me. I believe his comment was "Oh Hon, it's not for you, it's for Marcy. She needs this bear! I also can't leave a dirty dish in the sick. It drives me crazy. I'm sorry Marty had to go out of town. My husband's last trip was in the US. I forgot how nice it is to be able to talk in the evening after all the London trips he has taken. It is supposed to get really hot here next week. I knew the cooler weather and rain would stop as soon as the new landscpaping is planted! Have I told you how much I dislike having to water everything everyday.

Kristie, Please call me if you get a phone call. You stories have certainly been entertaining this past week. Even my husband was laughing saying you can't make this stuff up! We may hit 90 tomorrow. Although that is probably a heat wave for you!

luvs2sparkle, You will be so happy when you look back on the wedding and were lucky enough to have everyone together. Those are the moments that matter most in our lives (keep telling yourself that). If your husband wants to get you the watch, let him. You deserve it!!!! I think I could also be happy living someplace like Oregon. I love looking outside and seeing everything really green. I think my flowers and landscaping looks prettier when it's not really sunny outside. Years ago the company I worked for had a plant in Oregon. One of my managers took a job there and talked about how beautiful it was there.

Jimmianne, I know what you mean about getting bored quickly with jewelry pieces. I had no idea Caysie's bands were that expensive. Although she does such beautiful work and the details are gorgeous. They are so beautiful! What are you thinking? Do you think you will get one? I hope you had a fun evening with your girlfriends today. My furbaby has been barking a lot with all the fireworks tonight. She is plastered against me as I type this.

LLJ'smom, Are you feeling better? We miss you here!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! Just wanted to check in.

Missy, love the sunglasses and sure hope the rash gets better soon. Love the pic of you and Tommy. :)

Jimmianne, love the birdy ring. Very Parisian. The bands by Caysie are delish!! Wish I could see one IRL.

Junie, Missy, you description of cats is like my daughter. She does and thinks very independently but is one of the most loving and loyal people I know.

Kristie, 99 degrees with 57% humidity in crowded with people and no air conditioning. I am used to humidity and stuffiness and heat cause I do bikram. I just still myself and breathe slowly. But everyone else was suffering. They were fanning themselves and causing more heat.

Callie, miss you too. I'm better! :). Still no running. I'm trying to be good.

Marcy, just hoping the Bears are ok. Those killer bunnies of yours are too tricky...

Hope to catch up with you guys again soon. Love reading your stories. (((Hug)))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results