color
clarity

What are you BBQing on 4th of July?

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sundial|1436040120|3898973 said:
sarahb|1436036460|3898956 said:
We're having the traditional hamburgers, potato salad, fruit salad, chips. I spent a number of years in NM (college/then another 10 years) & am a huge chili addict. I order it, roast it & then freeze it. We eat Hatch green & red chili on most anything. But nothing beats green chili cheese burgers. IMHO :)

OMG Sarah I am from New Mexico and although we don't live there now we still love our chile. It is nice to see a post from someone else who appreciates Hatch red and green!!!

That is wild Sundial!! Where did you live & how long? Did you grow up there? I LOVED NM, was there for total 17 years. College in Alb @ UNM, then Santa Fe for another 8, then back down to Alb for the reminder...great memories.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UrsTx|1436036270|3898951 said:
...and the cobbler is the only item near done. I need to get moving...!

MMMMMmmmmm! :cheeky:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm working today, but we did our BBQ'ing yesterday... Baby back ribs, pasta salad, deviled eggs, lime ranch grilled corn, fresh fruit salad, and whipped cream Oreo trifle!! Soooooo good!! :cheeky: :bigsmile:

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1436041623|3898988 said:

MMMMMmmmmm! :cheeky:

Thanks Kenny! I had to perform "quality control" :wink2: and the blueberries made it pop! Too bad I have to share with guests later.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please save me some... :lickout:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1436043002|3899002 said:
Please save me some... :lickout:

I want a larger serving than DF gets, since you love me more.

Nom Nom Nom.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
stracci2000|1436040766|3898981 said:
We're having the traditional hamburgers, potato salad, fruit salad, chips. I spent a number of years in NM (college/then another 10 years) & am a huge chili addict. I order it, roast it & then freeze it. We eat Hatch green & red chili on most anything. But nothing beats green chili cheese burgers. IMHO :)

OMG Sarah I am from New Mexico and although we don't live there now we still love our chile. It is nice to see a post from someone else who appreciates Hatch red and green!!!

OK, Sarah and Sundial, I am currently in New Mexico!
Yes, it's all about the chile, although alot of it is too hot for me :angryfire:

You gotta learn to love the hot stuff Stracci, it is a way of life LOL!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
sarahb|1436041526|3898987 said:

That is wild Sundial!! Where did you live & how long? Did you grow up there? I LOVED NM, was there for total 17 years. College in Alb @ UNM, then Santa Fe for another 8, then back down to Alb for the reminder...great memories.

I grew up there in a very small town, went to college in Las Cruces, lived in Albuquerque briefly, and then spent many years in Farmington. It is a great under appreciated state.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
! W

I just loved the rich diversity in that state, so beautiful.

I would of loved to have spent some time in the 4 Corners, if only to have more of a direct access to the Navajo jewelry. I LOVED collecting all the turquoise. My go to spot was the Palm Trading in Alb, but the flea market was also wonderful, what a great flea market. I have drawers full of it. Sadly don't wear it very much at all here in MI. You are correct, that state is greatly under-appreciated.

And Stracci2000, where are you? Have you lived there long? Hopefully you'll learn to love chile (I forgot to spell it correctly in my first post! E not an I!). My favorite part of the state was northern NM, up by Taos, Red River etc. Gorgeous.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Friday it was Jerk Chicken. I don't make it often enough because making the jerk seasoning by scratch is always a pain in the butt. The veggie was grilled asparagus.

Saturday we had lamb burgers stuffed with feta cheese on top of a greek salad with kefir & dill dressing. We tend to skip bread, so not a big loss. I make kefir at home for the dog and for him. I tend to skip it because I don't really like milk much, but the dressing came out really good.

Tonight is smoked pork butt and sweet potatoes. Even though I have a gas grill, I do smoke a lot with it (its smoking as we speak! :lickout: ) I'm doing apple wood as thats all I got around, but usually I do a mixed wood of apple and hickory or apple and mesquite.

Earlier this morning I made the bbq sauce for it, I don't do bottled stuff.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: ! W

sarahb|1436108984|3899200 said:
I just loved the rich diversity in that state, so beautiful.

I would of loved to have spent some time in the 4 Corners, if only to have more of a direct access to the Navajo jewelry. I LOVED collecting all the turquoise. My go to spot was the Palm Trading in Alb, but the flea market was also wonderful, what a great flea market. I have drawers full of it. Sadly don't wear it very much at all here in MI. You are correct, that state is greatly under-appreciated.

And Stracci2000, where are you? Have you lived there long? Hopefully you'll learn to love chile (I forgot to spell it correctly in my first post! E not an I!). My favorite part of the state was northern NM, up by Taos, Red River etc. Gorgeous.

Sarahb,
I have been here in Albuquerque for almost 15 years, but born and raised in PA. This is probably why the hot stuff is challenging for me!
But I do love the freshly roasted green chile in the fall.
I recently changed jobs, and now I travel a lot around the state for work, so I am finally getting to see more of NM after all this time.
Yes, northern NM is stunning. Just the drive from Abq. to Santa Fe is lovely.
I also really love the art scene here in Abq.
Galleries, art spaces, dance, music, and lots and lots of jewelry! Yes, I also have alot of turquiose.
My favorite piece is a stunning "Native Modern" cuff bracelet made by my good friend from Santo Domingo Pueblo.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Sarah and Stracci I have a lot of turquoise jewelry from my time in Farmington, but my tastes have changed over the years and I never wear it any more. I do love my Navajo rugs and pieces of Acoma pottery though and they decorate my home.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results