carat
color
clarity

My CS Year 2015

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your kind words.

I can only do simple 2D drawings using a software called Visio, had been using this software for nearly 20 years for work and home such as designing the layout of my properties and tents.

Brad is sending the stones to me first, can't wait!

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may be setting the pink spinel and the tsavorites in this setting first, just waiting for the latter to arrive to see if they go together colourwise:

__12_t.jpg

Reason for the change of heart about the setting - the spinel is not very big, and it needs to be prong set instead of a bezel.

This ring design should provide good finger coverage for my size 9.5 US left hand ring finger.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bought these recently:

A set of 6 x 3.25mm Blue Sapphires, most like to end up as side stones to something pink (or purple), or I may just channel-set it in a chunky band, to be decided later:
jd325mmbluesapphire.jpg

A sweet little Chrysoberyl, 0.65ct, 5.5 x 3mm, it may end up as part of the multi-gem bombe ring, to be decided later:
jdchrysoberyl0p65ct55x3.jpg

I am eyeing one more JD listing, and shall call it a day for CS buying, so that I can concentrate on setting some of them.

And yes, there is one more mystery project - if all goes according to plan, I should be able to reveal to those who may be interested at the end of July 2015. It is a substantial stone to me, and it is kind of a compensation for missing out on the trade show and Christie's auction in Hong Kong later in Nov 2015. Since I don't need to save up to buy anything at the trade show, I may as well get a nice CS instead. Fingers crossed that the stone is still available at the end of July 2015.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful new additions DK! Nice to see some yellow in the mix. And I love love love those sapphires.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1435781512|3897576 said:
Beautiful new additions DK! Nice to see some yellow in the mix. And I love love love those sapphires.

I have a pink stone in mind for those sapphires, however, it may not be for this year.

Got quotes back from JD re: the green/yellow zircon, he does not have any Tsavorites at present, therefore, I shall leave the stone unset for the time being.

Got quotes back for the cushion amethyst and blue zircon heart, all doable, well under 1k USD!

Just requested for a quote for the square JD aqua; then perhaps a quote for the yellow Chryso I just purchased, providing I can get the side stones/melees I have in mind.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely new additions DK! Can't wait to see how you set everything.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
dk168|1435521849|3895864 said:
I can reveal my mystery project now that Brad of The Gem Trader fame and I have resolved our e-mail issues as he did not appear to receive my e-mails when sent from one of my e-mail addresses.

I have getting a pair of mis-match pears of aqua and tourmaline from him, 2.90ct total weight, 9.6mm x 6.3mm each, to be set in a by-pass ring of my own design, with inspirations taken from other rings as seen on the web.

tgtmis-matchpears2p90ct96x63mm_01.gif
pearbypassring.png

I have not decided whether to have paved diamonds or leave it plain and shiny, and shall cross that bridge when the time is near.

DK :bigsmile:

Ohh is this the mystery project ?? The stones are gorgeous! Or is there a second mystery project? I'm confused lol.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo,

The mis-match pears was the old mystery project. ;))

This is a new one and it is not related to the topaz asscher, and I have not yet secure the gemstone I have in mind. However, I have decided on the setting. I can't reveal the setting for obvious reason as it will definitely give the game away! :Up_to_something:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1435857170|3897946 said:
ricezo,

The mis-match pears was the old mystery project. ;))

This is a new one and it is not related to the topaz asscher, and I have not yet secure the gemstone I have in mind. However, I have decided on the setting. I can't reveal the setting for obvious reason as it will definitely give the game away! :Up_to_something:

You are such a busy CS bee. I will live vicariously through you once my ban starts :naughty:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The orphaned Asscher has a new home! :bigsmile:

I made that decision after seeing the asking prices for natural blue topaz elsewhere via a recent mail-drop! :shock:

I need to start my own CS buying ban soon.

Anything below a certain amount on JD's site do not count, right?! :naughty: :lol:

DK :oops: :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1435873949|3898127 said:
The orphaned Asscher has a new home! :bigsmile:

I made that decision after seeing the asking prices for natural blue topaz elsewhere via a recent mail-drop! :shock:

I need to start my own CS buying ban soon.

Anything below a certain amount on JD's site do not count, right?! :naughty: :lol:

DK :oops: :lol:

:lol:
At the pace you are acting, also the small amounts count DK :lol:

Doug's prices are really reasonable, aren't they?

Congrats with this beautiful puchase. This is now yours. Yay!!

_31891.jpg

_31892.jpg

_31893.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doug was truly shocked after checking out the prices of how much one vendor is charging for untreated topaz and other gemstone.! :bigsmile:

You and the others can blame me if his products and services increase in price from now on. :naughty: :bigsmile:

I shan't post my JD stones so that you lot will not know what I get up to. :naughty:

DK :lol:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Your thread moved really fast, I see more gorgeous acquisitions. Love the bypass ring idea.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK. I love that you got the Asscher. :clap:

BaileyC

Rough_Rock
dk168, the setting you chose for the spinel looks great! The larger halo does provide more coverage while still giving focus to the center stone. I really like it!

Your set of sapphires is super fantastic, and I really like the yellow chrysoberyl. I like your idea of a multi-gem bombe ring…that sounds quite intriguing!

The bypass ring is exciting too - I can’t wait to see it finished!

And congrats on the asscher! That’s my favorite cut of all time so it’s bound to be fabulous once set. :clap: :love: :clap:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1435998377|3898793 said:
Doug was truly shocked after checking out the prices of how much one vendor is charging for untreated topaz and other gemstone.! :bigsmile:

You and the others can blame me if his products and services increase in price from now on. :naughty: :bigsmile:

I shan't post my JD stones so that you lot will not know what I get up to. :naughty:

DK :lol:

Please don't stop your posts on your daily JD purchases DK :twisted:

Oww, curious to see the other untreated topaz prices.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1436019191|3898866 said:
Please don't stop your posts on your daily JD purchases DK :twisted:

Oww, curious to see the other untreated topaz prices.

As you wish. ;))

These are the last two JD purchases for a while (she says):

A set of nine 3.5 x 2.5mm, 0.7cttw Tsavorite pears:

jdtsavoritepearsset0.jpg

Another sweet little yellow stone, this time a 5.3 x 3.21mm 0.61ct Chrysoberyl:

jdchrysoberyl0.jpg

The Tsavorite pears will be set with one of the small round yellow stones, the other being this one I bought a few days ago:

jdchrysoberyl0p65ct55x3.jpg

Inspiration ring setting is this one:

bloom_1.jpg

As for prices for other untreated topaz, check out a vendor of untreated CSs with photos that you are not too keen on as mentioned in the past. :naughty:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats with your new additions! I love those green Tsav pears. And the inspiration ring for one of the rounds!!
Will the stones will now be sent to you since you have now bought your last JD stone? 8-)

Do you mean the vendor who always uses disco lights to make his stones look good :???:
(...)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1436077501|3899127 said:
Congrats with your new additions! I love those green Tsav pears. And the inspiration ring for one of the rounds!!
Will the stones will now be sent to you since you have now bought your last JD stone? 8-)

Do you mean the vendor who always uses disco lights to make his stones look good :???:
(...)

I checked and still have 5 active listings on my eBay sniper app. :naughty:

And yes, that's the one. :bigsmile:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The mis-matched pears have arrived (photos taken with my phone):

mismatchpears_01.jpg
mismatchpears_02.jpg

6mm Pink Topaz in my earring jackets (the settings are fine for earrings and pendants, however, I would not using them for rings):
pinktopazstudsinjackets.jpg

A pic of the grey spinel cushion for ricezo:
jdgunmetalspinel1.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I can't keep up, you need to take a group photo periodically, say every month? :bigsmile:
Love the earring jackets.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know! I was thinking that you move so quickly, DK, that I can't keep up either!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have slowed down on CS purchases now. Having said that, I got this Amethyst this morning, 2.57ct, 9.60mm diameter, for my interchangeable CS bangle project in mind:

jdamethyst2.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
dk168|1436399500|3900642 said:
The mis-matched pears have arrived (photos taken with my phone):

mismatchpears_01.jpg
mismatchpears_02.jpg

6mm Pink Topaz in my earring jackets (the settings are fine for earrings and pendants, however, I would not using them for rings):
pinktopazstudsinjackets.jpg

A pic of the grey spinel cushion for ricezo:
jdgunmetalspinel1.jpg

Thanks for the photos DK! Your stones are beautiful.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great new additions DK and I love the earring jackets.
So curious to know the number of loose stones you have acquired lately 8-)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo, you added two gorgeous ones from Barry! I love those.
I was wondering whether Gene from Precision Gem will still cut you the blue-green Afghan tourmaline?

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1436850412|3902530 said:
I was wondering whether Gene from Precision Gem will still cut you the blue-green Afghan tourmaline?

Wait, where are the Barry stones? I can't keep up but I wannnnaaa seeee!!!! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1436855474|3902547 said:

Wait, where are the Barry stones? I can't keep up but I wannnnaaa seeee!!!! :appl:

They were posted in the Barry thread Mochiko. DK has now received confirmation that the stones are on their way to her.

_32347.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1436855951|3902551 said:

They were posted in the Barry thread Mochiko. DK has now received confirmation that the stones are on their way to her.

Oh, those are from Dana at Mastercut, right? Barry is at ACS. :confused: (haha, I am so confused, I can't keep up these days.)

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1436855951|3902551 said:

Oh, those are from Dana at Mastercut, right? Barry is at ACS. :confused: (haha, I am so confused, I can't keep up these days.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results