carat
color
clarity

Rhapsody in Bespoke Gems Blues!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1435776787|3897510 said:
I made Brad an offer - to pay a deposit for the stone, and then pay the rest later after I have finished paying for my Supernova, and have not heard from him. Therefore, I take it that my offer has been refused. :(sad

Not an issue, as I have a new mystery project now, to be revealed at a later date when I can be certain that it will go ahead.

DK :))

Oh really? Perhaps Doug missed your email? I would assume he would just send a polite email saying he does not accept your payment plan proposal?

So excited about your mystery project!!! Looking forward to see your reveal.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1435779310|3897542 said:
dk168|1435776787|3897510 said:
I made Brad an offer - to pay a deposit for the stone, and then pay the rest later after I have finished paying for my Supernova, and have not heard from him. Therefore, I take it that my offer has been refused. :(sad

Not an issue, as I have a new mystery project now, to be revealed at a later date when I can be certain that it will go ahead.

Oh really? Perhaps Doug missed your email? I would assume he would just send a polite email saying he does not accept your payment plan proposal?

So excited about your mystery project!!! Looking forward to see your reveal.

Perhaps he missed the relevant paragraph. :confused:

Mystery project or the 11mm Asscher? The mystery project being slightly higher in price, and it is a stone that I do not have in my collection. Decision, decision! What would you do? Your opinion would be appreciated.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmm... That's a difficult one DK! Especially since I do not know what the mystery project is about. Having said that... The mystery stone is one you do not have in your collection. You already have the large supernova which is exactly the same colouring. And you seem excited about the mystery project.
You have acquired quite some stunning stones lately and it would be great if you could also set them. Therefore I would be very critical about every new addition.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1435781303|3897571 said:
Mmm... That's a difficult one DK! Especially since I do not know what the mystery project is about. Having said that... The mystery stone is one you do not have in your collection. You already have the large supernova which is exactly the same colouring. And you seem excited about the mystery project.
You have acquired quite some stunning stones lately and it would be great if you could also set them. Therefore I would be very critical about every new addition.

On top of the mystery project, JW is going to cut a 6ct approx. EC aqua for me next year, therefore, it is probably not a good idea to have two step cuts in similar colour. However, one is an EC and the other is an Asscher, they surely cannot be counted as being the same or like for like, right?! :naughty: :bigsmile:

DK :bigsmile:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doug must have 6th sense, as he got back to me overnight, and he said yes!

Now the ball is back in my court and I have to do some number crunching .... :naughty:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's great news DK! Congrats with your Asscher topaz. Looking forward to see how you will set both stones. Will this now be on top of the mystery project?

Will JW also still cut the large colorless Danburite?

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
DK - I'm very intrigued by your mystery project!

Let us know what you decide re the asscher.

How are you going to set all of these stones!! You have amassed such a large collection!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new mystery project can wait until Nov 2015 - a big thanks to Doug, the Asscher has a new home! :bigsmile:

I decided this is too good an opportunity to miss after seeing the asking prices for natural blue topaz elsewhere.

This is the design I have in mind for it (the Asscher will be bezel-set, of course):
427432-1.jpg

And a rough 2D drawing drawn to size for my size 10.5 finger:
asscherring.jpg

Doug is going to cut the side stones in white topaz for me. :bigsmile:

As for the new mystery project, fingers crossed that the gemstone is still available in Nov 2015. :naughty:

Acinom,

I should finish paying for the Danburite by the end of Sep 2015. I guess Jeff would start to cut it nearer the time.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice, DK! So glad that the Asscher will stay in the PS family. :) I've officially started my loose stone ban so will be glad to enjoy admiring your pretties from afar!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Excellent DK.
I received my suite last night, the beautiful cutting makes the topaz reflects back bright flashes. The colour is pale mid sky blue with the smaller pair less saturated. I see some grey in the stones.
I think the colour might even work with 14k rose gold.
Here're some indoor photos.

_31865.jpg

_31866.jpg

_31872.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing your amazing set Lovinggems!
I love love love it! I indeed detect some difference in saturation when I compare the larger stone with the two smaller ones.
Do you love it in real life?

Please make a pic of the stones on the back of your hand as well :naughty:

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the Natural Blue Topaz from the mother stone, your new sibling cut by Doug in the Omni style.

815b.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pyramid|1435952054|3898537 said:
Here is the Natural Blue Topaz from the mother stone, your new sibling cut by Doug in the Omni style.

Your Omni looks amazing Pyramid :love: What a beauty!! What are the specs of this beauty?
Did you ask Doug for a group pic of your two ovals? I would love to see them side by side.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1435953861|3898545 said:
Pyramid|1435952054|3898537 said:

Your Omni looks amazing Pyramid :love: What a beauty!! What are the specs of this beauty?
Did you ask Doug for a group pic of your two ovals? I would love to see them side by side.

Hi Acinom. I love the look of it. No, Doug had already sent my other oval to Alister before this one was cut.

The specs are. 11.74mm x 8.36mm x 6.55mm. 4.2 carat.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The other photo I received of the Omni.

815a.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great specs Pyramide!! I love the look. And the size!

How is Alistair progressing on your other oval?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a message from him today, he is going to start making both rings next week. :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pyramid|1435957222|3898566 said:
I had a message from him today, he is going to start making both rings next week. :appl:

That's great news! So the supernova will be set in a YG three stone ring? What are your plans with the Omni?
Enjoy the process :wavey:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Acinom :wavey:
Morning indoor photos

_31907.jpg

_31908.jpg

_31909.jpg

_31910.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Lovinggems!! The light certainly plays up the blue. Gorgeous suite :love: :love: :love:
What do you think of the stones in real life?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Acinom|1435988462|3898767 said:
Wow Lovinggems!! The light certainly plays up the blue. Gorgeous suite :love: :love: :love:
What do you think of the stones in real life?
It is a paler blue than I usually like ( I see a sky blue, a bit lighter than the photos), I like bright and darker colours. The cutting makes the stones beautiful and I think the paler shade will complement rather than compete with my setting idea (pearl earrings), so for earrings I have a much clearer idea on what I want than for the ring. I am not sure about the mokume design style for the big stone, I will create a new thread as per your suggestion. :bigsmile:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
These photos are more representative of the colours I see in real life.
I think you'll love your topaz Acinom, and the french band in white gold design will look amazing with it.

_31912.jpg

_31913.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
The asschers with different shaped pearls, an aquamarine and rose/white gold. I might just go for white for the ice princess look.

_31914.jpg

_31915.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Lovinggems - your stones and pearls are stunning!!! :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The baby Asschers will look great with white pearls, and I look forward to seeing the finished earrings, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Ricezo and DK. :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your last pics :love:
Amazing pearls and topazes! Thanks for sharing.

I know what you mean about the topaz being lighter than aspected: I love bright and saturated too.
Personally I came to that realisation when I saw the larger piece cut into smaller pieces. And I agree that the cut looks amazing in lighter tones.

Your earrings will look amazing with the pearls. I hope you will find your ideal ring setting soon.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pyramid,

Your new Omni oval is gorgeous! :love:

---

As for the colour of mother and sibling stones, it is the colour that attracts me to them in the first place.

I look forward to receiving mine at the end of October 2015.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Acinom!
I am now thinking of a pendant and earrings suite, same design but a bigger pearl for the pendant.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Lovinggems they are a beautiful icy blue colour!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results