shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies, If we met for the first time and your DH..

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
was present...would he mind if I gave you a hug and a peck on the cheek?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I would mind! :o

How presumptious and sexist to think that, because I am a woman, I will submit to your intimate gesture when I don't even know you!

Would you want a man, that you've never met before, to hug and kiss you?

Of course not!

I have pushed men back when they have tried to do this to me. I feel it is belittling and intrusive to get into my personal space without my permission.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, that is customary in his culture actually. The men will shake hands, but women/women and men/women will do an 'air hug' and 'air kiss' on each cheek. Some people actually hug and kiss, but when you have to do that to EVERY person in the room, they go for the air version to speed it up :lol:

Though, the first time it happened to me (not with my SO) it was a young mexican man, and it took me by surprise! Now, I wouldn't care.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't mind. DH said he wouldn't care about a hug, but he said no to kiss on cheek.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.. not at all.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope. I like to hug and depending on who I'm meeting, I would be excited and *want* to hug.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not at all, I hug my friends and I consider you to be a blingtastifc friend, you'd probably find it hard to get access to my cheek because I'd have my eye right up on that Octavia of yours :wavey:

I think OUR question is: Would YOUR WIFE mind?????????????????????????????????????????/ :shock: :shock:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1435934114|3898423 said:

How presumptious and sexist to think that, because I am a woman, I will submit to your intimate gesture when I don't even know you!

Of course not!

I have pushed men back when they have tried to do this to me. I feel it is belittling and intrusive to get into my personal space without my permission.

You don't feel you know Dancing Fire after all these years? I do! So interesting!

Deb :wavey:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
After all these years you better give me a hug or a kiss on the cheek!!! DH is gonzo, so not a prob. :naughty:

My SO might but, he'd get over it!!! :bigsmile:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would mind, he would not. :hand:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband wouldn't care.

I don't want the kiss but I'm a hugger.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually, DF, from the pictures I've seen on FB from the GTG's, I think JD would be more worried about the *women* of PS giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. :cheeky:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
AGBF said:

Of course not!

You don't feel you know Dancing Fire after all these years? I do! So interesting!

Deb :wavey:

Oh! I didn't realize he meant himself specifically.

I thought he meant the universal "I", as in random male stranger. Random male stranger may not hug me upon first meeting, no.

But then again, I don't feel I know DF that well. There are some PSer's that I would hug, and I've told them so (when I post hugs to you, or kisses, or whatever, I actually mean it, I don't do it lightly), so they know who they are. :naughty: DF seems like a funny, generous, nice guy, but I don't feel I know him well enough.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You? Yes, he would be okay with that. I'm not so big on the kissing though.

Some random guy or someone I really don't know well? No.
Of course DH would not be as upset as I would be. You can bet I would be trying to turn to shake hands or something. I don't like to be hugged by people I don't know. Kissed would be way too much.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband wouldn't mind but I would and he'd know it :lol:

I don't like physical contact like that from anyone but my immediate family

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't mind at all DF. My husband would be fine as well.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just realized my reply must have sounded very blunt. I apologize DF. I was taking it in the general way also. But the answer is still the same, lol. I have a thing about my personal space, so unless we're related and I am ready for it, NO ONE is getting into my personal space. Even then I'd need to have plenty of time to even consider it. I hate hugs. :knockout:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My SO would like it; then he'd pinch your bootie, DF. :naughty:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, haven't you been to a PS GTG or Las Vegas GTG yet?

All the women just threw themselves at me.
I could hardly walk with the weight of all those phone numbers in my pocket and the weight of all that redlipstick all over my body. :lol:

Now that you have an Octavia you'll be a babe-magnet too.
Plus, they all know yours is bigger than mine. :Up_to_something:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH, I would love a hug and a kiss from you.
And I would take your hand in mine while we talk and attempt to distract you with my charms,
thereby working that Octavia off your finger.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1435955807|3898552 said:
I wouldn't mind at all DF. My husband would be fine as well.
:naughty:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lyra|1435956230|3898557 said:
I just realized my reply must have sounded very blunt. I apologize DF. I was taking it in the general way also. But the answer is still the same, lol. I have a thing about my personal space, so unless we're related and I am ready for it, NO ONE is getting into my personal space. Even then I'd need to have plenty of time to even consider it. I hate hugs. :knockout:
No big deal.. ;))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1435957000|3898564 said:
DF, haven't you been to a PS GTG or Las Vegas GTG yet?

All the women just threw themselves at me.
I could hardly walk with the weight of all those phone numbers in my pocket and the weight of all that redlipstick all over my body. :lol:

Now that you have an Octavia you'll be a babe-magnet too.
Plus, they all know yours is bigger than mine. :Up_to_something:
Pics please!... :Up_to_something:
But mine is dirtier :knockout: b/c I don't clean it as much as you do.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Of course not!. Kenny and I will just shake hands.. :bigsmile:

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont think mine would mind.
Of course he may not care for me grabbing your hand every 2 minutes to see that Octavia

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Knock yourself out. Aussies are like koalas they don't mind hugging people and trees they know.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
autumngems|1435968093|3898638 said:
I dont think mine would mind.
Of course he may not care for me grabbing your hand every 2 minutes to see that Octavia
I'm sporting the Octavia on my ... :naughty: so I don't think my wife would approve your action... :wink2:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope. And I would probably hug you back. And for someone who isn't a toucher

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go ahead DF. As you might know from my posts I am a hugger. I am definitely one to give big hugs as a greeting to those I know. My skin is so sensitive so these days I don't kiss people as much as give them air kisses on both cheeks.

My dh would not mind in the least and is generally a big hugger too.

Haha arkieb, I like your description of Aussies. Can I be an honorary Aussie? I love hugging and I love koalas too. :appl:

calvinandhobbeshhugging.gif

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Since I've developed severe RA I my hands I've turned into a hugger. Mr. St. Clare might look askance because he doesn't know you, but a hug and a kiss are regular greetings with the people we hang with.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results