shape
carat
color
clarity

Gross Foods... that aren't Typically Gross

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Onions. I hate onions. Oddly enough, I don't mind using onions for flavoring in recipes and then removing them before I eat the meal. I just can't stand eating them.

I don't like avocados at all, I've tried them a few times and have never been able to get what everyone likes about them.

Beans. Ugh. I hate beans.

As far as squid and octopus, I used to dislike them but have gotten better with eating them since I moved to Korea. I still won't eat a whole squid or octopus, it has to be cut up and prepared in a dish, but I have started enjoying the dishes. I don't understand how people can eat baby octopus while alive though. I've witnessed that a few times...NOPE.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Baby corn tastes like the smell of rain!!! :love: :love: :love:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eggs. I don't object to the taste but the texture whether they're fried, scrambled or hard-boiled. I have to eat them with toast or I can't manage to swallow them.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
armywife13|1435891496|3898251 said:
I don't understand how people can eat baby octopus while alive though. I've witnessed that a few times...NOPE.
;( ;( ;(

Very sad. Octopi are very sensitive!!!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1435895925|3898269 said:
armywife13|1435891496|3898251 said:
I don't understand how people can eat baby octopus while alive though. I've witnessed that a few times...NOPE.
;( ;( ;(

Very sad. Octopi are very sensitive!!!

And very intelligent. That is awful ;(

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like most foods, except mayonnaise and salad dressing. Uck!
I don't know why, but it just looks so horrible to me. It tastes like whipped vegetable oil, which, I guess it is.
Salad dressing is gross, too. It tastes like whipped vegetable oil with corn syrup added.
Seeing people spread it on a good piece of bread makes me want to cry.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1435884251|3898200 said:
distracts|1435880336|3898169 said:
GUACAMOLE WITH PEAS

WHY WOULD ANYONE

NO, NYT, NO.

Yes, which brings peas. Only cooked peas, tho. Why? And yikes.

I love peas. And avocados. But the combo... blergh. Yuck.

I don't like things that don't belong in my food. I was served lasagna once and it had kidney beans in it. WHY???? I love kidney beans. And I love lasagna but the two together. NO. No beans in my lasagna. And it was a MEAT lasagna too. So it wasn't some vegetarian or vegan creation. It was just WRONG.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1435899851|3898300 said:
GUACAMOLE WITH PEAS

WHY WOULD ANYONE

NO, NYT, NO.

I don't like things that don't belong in my food. I was served lasagna once and it had kidney beans in it. WHY???? I love kidney beans. And I love lasagna but the two together. NO. No beans in my lasagna. And it was a MEAT lasagna too. So it wasn't some vegetarian or vegan creation. It was just WRONG.

I know a girl who once made HOTDOG lasagna for her family.
She didn't have ground beef for the sauce, so she improvised........

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stracci2000|1435896624|3898276 said:
I like most foods, except mayonnaise and salad dressing. Uck!
I don't know why, but it just looks so horrible to me. It tastes like whipped vegetable oil, which, I guess it is.
Salad dressing is gross, too. It tastes like whipped vegetable oil with corn syrup added.
Seeing people spread it on a good piece of bread makes me want to cry.

+1 on the mayo and dressing.
I won't eat any condiments, catsup, mustard, relish, tartar sauce, or any kind of sauce they'd put on a hamburger.
Vinegar makes me wanna ralph. :knockout:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
You guys would drive me nuts if I had to eat with any of you, haha!!!! :twirl:
I was raised to eat anything and everything, and these foods are so normal.This is not a gross food thread, sounds like a picky eater thread. :cheeky:
My son will not eat a lot of things mentioned here, he will not eat tomato in solid form, but pizza sauce is fine, spaghetti sauce fine, ketchup NOT okay...
He will not eat avocado, bit guacamole is okay! I don't get it, food is food, I eat it all!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not picky.
I'm ... discriminating. :lol:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep it's called being discerning.... I agree there are combinations of things that just work and those that just don't....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
stracci2000|1435900971|3898314 said:
Gypsy|1435899851|3898300 said:
GUACAMOLE WITH PEAS

WHY WOULD ANYONE

NO, NYT, NO.

I know a girl who once made HOTDOG lasagna for her family.
She didn't have ground beef for the sauce, so she improvised........

The solution there is a lovely meatless lasagna. NOT hotdogs. Hotdogs are never the answer to missing ingredients for Italian food. :nono:

Also. I am picky. But I also cook myself, and do most of the grocery shopping. So I am allowed to be picky. And I'm picky about food quality. I eat just about everything except weird pork parts like feet, snouts and skin.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Green bell pepper, especially raw.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1435892116|3898255 said:
Baby corn tastes like the smell of rain!!! :love: :love: :love:

Noo... It's been raining a lot lately... Scarred... Lololol..

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything to do with Lima Beans or butter beans, the texture is horrible, the taste is off, they pop when eaten, my husband loves them. :confused:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't eat crunchy peanut butter anymore. Haven't for 20 years or so. Sometimes when you chew the piece of peanut squeaks and it sounds like the sound when you step on a cricket. Funnily enough, mom was saying something about peanut butter one day and how strange it is that when we were kids for the longest time she couldn't keep crunchy pb in the house b/c we ate it so fast and now we don't eat it. My brother makes this gawd awful face and shudders (and it's pretty funny seeing that from a big bodybuilder hahahaha) and he says "uuuugh MOM it sounds like you're squishing BUGS when you chew!" and I just busted out laughing and fell over. :lol:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This thread is fascinating! It's so interesting to hear what people like/don't like. I'm a fairly adventurous eater, with the following exceptions:

livers
brains
chicken feet
fish eyes
okra (unless fried, then it's tolerable)
oysters (feel like snot in my mouth)
sweetbreads (I object to anything being called "sweet" but being a gland...that's just WRONG!)
zucchini and squash
bamboo shoots
pork rinds

I'm sure that there are more, but these are my main objections. :cheeky:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fried eggs with a soft yolk...

Can't think of anything else right now...(ETA aside from the obvious things like fish eyes and chicken feet etc)

(packrat, the sound you put in my head about stepping on a cricket from crunchy peanut butter better not materialize itself next time I eat crunchy peanut butter! :sick: :o

gemtastic

Shiny_Rock
packrat|1435889874|3898240 said:
gemtastic|1435886395|3898222 said:
packrat|1435879149|3898162 said:
I can tolerate mushrooms now in some things, if they're not big pieces. Morels tho..no. They look like a disease and give me the heebie jeebies.

Tomatoes, peppers..tho I like the taste peppers leave in food I don't want to eat it. I like ketchup and tomato based things but pieces/chunks, no.

Baby corn-bleh. Celery gets picked out except now in chicken/egg salad I can somewhat tolerate it.

I can do water chestnuts and the other things..bamboo shoots or something? Unless it's hard/crunchy then I don't like it so I have to test it w/my fork when we go out to eat at the Chinese place.

If it has eyes, it needs to stay away from me. Or claws. no no no no-I will and I have, thrown things at my husband in a restaurant and I will and I have hollered and made a scene. Crawdads-get those Effing things away from me before I flip your plate and all of the unholy didda chick dada chum lookin things across the room. If you touch me w/a lobster claw you might get punched in the neck.

It's like some sort of sensory overload w/crustaceans and morels. My brain can NOT handle them and I'm damn near reduced to tears when I see them.

Gunslinger??

:appl:

I am book six right now. Great series.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1435946080|3898501 said:
Fried eggs with a soft yolk...

Can't think of anything else right now...(ETA aside from the obvious things like fish eyes and chicken feet etc)

(packrat, the sound you put in my head about stepping on a cricket from crunchy peanut butter better not materialize itself next time I eat crunchy peanut butter! :sick: :o

Ugh :sick: I hope not! Sorry if it does tho ewwwww!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
gemtastic|1435963611|3898604 said:
packrat|1435889874|3898240 said:
gemtastic|1435886395|3898222 said:
packrat|1435879149|3898162 said:
I can tolerate mushrooms now in some things, if they're not big pieces. Morels tho..no. They look like a disease and give me the heebie jeebies.

Tomatoes, peppers..tho I like the taste peppers leave in food I don't want to eat it. I like ketchup and tomato based things but pieces/chunks, no.

Baby corn-bleh. Celery gets picked out except now in chicken/egg salad I can somewhat tolerate it.

I can do water chestnuts and the other things..bamboo shoots or something? Unless it's hard/crunchy then I don't like it so I have to test it w/my fork when we go out to eat at the Chinese place.

If it has eyes, it needs to stay away from me. Or claws. no no no no-I will and I have, thrown things at my husband in a restaurant and I will and I have hollered and made a scene. Crawdads-get those Effing things away from me before I flip your plate and all of the unholy didda chick dada chum lookin things across the room. If you touch me w/a lobster claw you might get punched in the neck.

It's like some sort of sensory overload w/crustaceans and morels. My brain can NOT handle them and I'm damn near reduced to tears when I see them.

Gunslinger??

:appl:

I am book six right now. Great series.

Some of my favorites. I love SK.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pineapple on pizza. Seriously, it's disgusting

(coming from someone who enjoys a beating tuna heart on the boat :roll: )

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have to say that I love the descriptions!!! I also love how different people like (or in this case loathe) different things! :D

My list: (and yes I've always been a picky eater)
Lima Beans
Brussel sprouts
Asparagus
Liver

There are a lot more, but I can't think of them now...

Love avacados but not alone, must be paired w/something (or in guacamole)
Totally love sushi, this totally shocked me, but hubby took me to a place and oh my goodness...so yummy! Not a fan of the uncooked stuff though.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chopped liver. When I was a little girl my grandma used to grind liver up in her grinder (IDK the real name for it) and it was so tasty! Until I got older and realized what I was eating. :sick:

Same goes for tongue. That's right. My grandma and mom used to serve us (cow?)tongue too. Ugh I cannot even think about what we used to eat when we were young. :shock: :sick:

I am sure there are other foods but I cannot think of them right now. Liver and tongue are quite enough of the memory to deal with anyway LOL.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hominy, lima beans, radishes, beets, okra (I can do fried sometimes), chicken liver... :knockout:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I forgot: PEAS :knockout: I hate peas. Growing up I was forced to eat them, I learned how to swallow peas whole...ugh...hate peas...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I eat meat but no organs, feet, eyes, stomach lining, brains, tongue, tails, etc :knockout: :knockout: ... I guess just the muscle.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1436048970|3899030 said:
I eat meat but no organs, feet, eyes, stomach lining, brains, tongue, tails, etc :knockout: :knockout: ... I guess just the muscle.

Sometimes I get grossed out and can't cook it or eat it. Just randomly-I'll think of what it is and then that's all she wrote.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results