color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fan

Snowdrop13|1434781295|3891648 said:
Just out of interest, why is it that preloved VCA pieces appear to be priced very similarly to the new ones? I wonder if anyone actually buys them second hand? I think I'd be happier purchasing directly from the makers, at least you'd have some warranty, I expect?

It's because VCA is either not easily available, or not at all available in many countries around the world. Pieces are harder to come by with long wait-times here in Canada. Some countries, like Australia, do not even have VCA - not sure if a flagship store would ever undertake all the hassle and ship to a different country.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

m-2-b|1435080966|3893108 said:
I'm about to purchase my 1st VCA piece (thanks to DH) so I need some help please!

Thoughts from my fellow PS'ers as to what I should get first? Here are my choices:

--Vintage MOP Alhambra 5 motif WG bracelet
--Vintage MOP Alhambra WG pendant
--Vintage MOP Alhambra WG earclips
--Sweet MOP Alhambra earstuds

I eventually want the Vintage MOP Alhambra 10 or 20 motif necklace but that will have to wait for a bit! Any help appreciated on what will get worn the most, especially as a matching set eventually. TIA! :wavey:

Would you ever wear a bracelet and a multi-motif necklace together? If not, then I would get a 5-motif now, and a 5-motif for Christmas. So you can wear the bracelet when you feel like it, and connect the two 5-motifs and wear as a 10-motif when you strike a fancy.

And then add the ear clips, so you have a set regardless of whether you are wearing the necklace or bracelet.

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock

kama_s said:
m-2-b|1435080966|3893108 said:
I'm about to purchase my 1st VCA piece (thanks to DH) so I need some help please!

Thoughts from my fellow PS'ers as to what I should get first? Here are my choices:

--Vintage MOP Alhambra 5 motif WG bracelet
--Vintage MOP Alhambra WG pendant
--Vintage MOP Alhambra WG earclips
--Sweet MOP Alhambra earstuds

I eventually want the Vintage MOP Alhambra 10 or 20 motif necklace but that will have to wait for a bit! Any help appreciated on what will get worn the most, especially as a matching set eventually. TIA! :wavey:

Would you ever wear a bracelet and a multi-motif necklace together? If not, then I would get a 5-motif now, and a 5-motif for Christmas. So you can wear the bracelet when you feel like it, and connect the two 5-motifs and wear as a 10-motif when you strike a fancy.
And then add the ear clips, so you have a set regardless of whether you are wearing the necklace or bracelet.

I think the 10 motif is 42cm and 5 motif bracelets are 18cm - so it also depends on if you can wear a 36cm necklace and make it work.

kama_s|1435254594|3894196 said:
Harpertoo|1435044244|3892965 said:
This was fun to read on PS! I love seeing all the pics - and hearing the confessions of not-so-secret brand love!
I've had an ongoing thing for the VCA Alhambra line since I realized my mom had a piece in the '70s. To me it has a very warm, easy, elegant vibe. I find most of the pieces are also really wearable even in my daily casual mode.
I opted for the vintage 20 necklace in PG for my last birthday. The all gold was my nod to practicality because I have the same durability concerns as everyone else - but I am tempted by the malachite and carnelian whenever I visit a boutique. Included a compilation of what I wear most often...I also wear a perlee band as a wedding band most days. :shifty:

*thud*

That was the sound of my jaw dropping on the floor! Your pieces are exquisite! PG looks great against your complexion, and I love the Love stacked with your MOP 5-motif. Beautiful!

thanks for the compliment - the VCA & Cartier RG/PG is lovely.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Is the Cartier rose gold and VCA rose gold the same?

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock

LLJsmom|1435268973|3894345 said:

I don't know if they are the same formula. Same parent company, but I wouldn't think that means much with regard to asthetics and materials.
My VCA seems a bit more pink to me.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom|1435268973|3894345 said:

VCA rg tends to keep its pink glow. Cartier fades to yg over time. Tons of threads on TPF on this, sadly.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This was fun to read on PS! I love seeing all the pics - and hearing the confessions of not-so-secret brand love!
I've had an ongoing thing for the VCA Alhambra line since I realized my mom had a piece in the '70s. To me it has a very warm, easy, elegant vibe. I find most of the pieces are also really wearable even in my daily casual mode.
I opted for the vintage 20 necklace in PG for my last birthday. The all gold was my nod to practicality because I have the same durability concerns as everyone else - but I am tempted by the malachite and carnelian whenever I visit a boutique. Included a compilation of what I wear most often...I also wear a perlee band as a wedding band most days. :shifty:

WOW! Thanks for making my (eye candy) day! :love:

cheers--Sharon

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock

canuk-gal|1435326865|3894678 said:

WOW! Thanks for making my (eye candy) day! :love:

cheers--Sharon

Thanks Sharon - :wavey:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for the input, Kama and Harpertoo! I went into the VCA boutique expecting to come out with one of the MOP pieces but ended up with this instead: :naughty:

img_8432.jpg

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

m-2-b|1435495613|3895656 said:
Thanks for the input, Kama and Harpertoo! I went into the VCA boutique expecting to come out with one of the MOP pieces but ended up with this instead: :naughty:

Amazing!!!! Well done! Can we see modeling shots?!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

kama_s|1435498580|3895668 said:

I will start a thread on it, Kama, in the SMTB per the recommendation of DS. But unfortunately, no good neck shots to share!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

m-2-b|1435499536|3895672 said:

I will start a thread on it, Kama, in the SMTB per the recommendation of DS. But unfortunately, no good neck shots to share!

Here's a sneak peak for you:

img_9448.jpg

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

m-2-b|1435506538|3895725 said:
m-2-b|1435499536|3895672 said:

Here's a sneak peak for you:

And what a shot! It's like I died and went to bling heaven!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my goodness :love:

I had to abandon ship for a few days - I should have known that by the time I came back you'd have surprised us with something more glorious than anything we were expecting m2b ::) PS really is fantastic for livin' it up (vicariously)! :bigsmile:

And... I'm just gonna point out that your diamond is nearly as large as the motif... :halo:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie|1435543544|3896061 said:
Oh my goodness :love:

I had to abandon ship for a few days - I should have known that by the time I came back you'd have surprised us with something more glorious than anything we were expecting m2b ::) PS really is fantastic for livin' it up (vicariously)! :bigsmile:

And... I'm just gonna point out that your diamond is nearly as large as the motif... :halo:

You all are great enablers on this thread! Your glorious VCA pieces/fantastic photography pushed me over the edge--I had no choice but to drink the VCA koolaid! :cheeky: Unfortunately for me, the matching diamond bracelet is waaaay out of budget! ;( Maybe I'll be able to add the matching earrings or ring one of these days...

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1435521234|3895858 said:
m-2-b has the most enviable collection!!! :love: :love: :love:

For the VCA collectors, I made a new Show Me thread for you to post your things since there is already one for Cartier.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-van-cleef-and-arpels-jewelry.214306/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-van-cleef-and-arpels-jewelry.214306/[/URL]

Thanks again, DS! I hope others will add their updated pieces to your new thread!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie, your earrings just blew my mind. I have a Carrera Y Carrera obsession for certain designs. I love anything with the Ginko leaves and the sun motif. Thanks for sharing! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

VCA is one of my favorite jewelry houses along with Cartier and Oscar Heyman.

I have a humble 2.5 mm Cartier gold band. I like the fact that it's as nice as anything Cartier makes other than its high jewelry collections. I like the fact that it's marked with a unique identification number. I like the way the weight feels on my finger.

To me, it's the best designed and made gold band. I never would have thought that the same ring royalty wear as a wedding band would fit me, my personality, and my lifestyle. I guess it helps to have small hands and a European sensibility about how big men's rings need to be. LOL!

I considered many less expensive and some more expensive rings but I wouldn't trade my ring for anything .

Beautiful jewels, everyone!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alhambra

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quatrefoil

Those of you who have these pieces are very lucky to have them!

Thank you for sharing!

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock

so beautiful! :love: :love: :love:

I am hearing they will be out with more pave in the sweets collection - I am hoping for earrings!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Derby :wavey: Thank you!! Having seen (and lusted after) your rose cut ring... I find myself entirely unsurprised that we're drawn to the same sorts of pieces :bigsmile: Carrera's Sol y Sombra line is one of my favourites too! ::)

Harper I read that on TPF a few days ago but haven't heard anything from my SA - but I'm certainly no VIP customer so I may well not be "in the know" regarding such things! I would LOVE a pave Sweet bracelet :love: (as my purse shudders in the corner...)

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You're so sweet, Yssie. This is my favorite Sol y Sombra. I also lust after this Aphrodita pendant.

sol_y_sombra.jpg

aphrodita.jpg

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock

Yssie|1435603233|3896389 said:
Harper I read that on TPF a few days ago but haven't heard anything from my SA - but I'm certainly no VIP customer so I may well not be "in the know" regarding such things! I would LOVE a pave Sweet bracelet :love: (as my purse shudders in the corner...)

I think info is not quite as guarded as Hermès for example, but I try not to visit unless I have a planned allowance. Somehow, also not like Hermès, they always seem to have what I want. :naughty:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

I'm obsessed with this thread. Subscribing now...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Imdanny|1435571913|3896171 said:
VCA is one of my favorite jewelry houses along with Cartier and Oscar Heyman.

I have a humble 2.5 mm Cartier gold band. I like the fact that it's as nice as anything Cartier makes other than its high jewelry collections. I like the fact that it's marked with a unique identification number. I like the way the weight feels on my finger.

To me, it's the best designed and made gold band. I never would have thought that the same ring royalty wear as a wedding band would fit me, my personality, and my lifestyle. I guess it helps to have small hands and a European sensibility about how big men's rings need to be. LOL!

I considered many less expensive and some more expensive rings but I wouldn't trade my ring for anything .

Beautiful jewels, everyone!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alhambra

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quatrefoil

Those of you who have these pieces are very lucky to have them!

Thank you for sharing!

So good to see you, Danny! I think a Cartier gold band would be a very special treasure! Please post a pic on this thread for us!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:wavey: Yssie! If you send me your pics, I'll be glad to post them on the VCA thread for you!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you DS - I may have to take you up on that!! :sick:

I'll try to dig some useful contributions out tomorrow before my flight :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Anyone want a Cartier Trinity ring? Guaranteed authentic, I tell you...

This eBay vendor has 15 up for auction, many in the sub-$400 range:
steven-japan2525

This vendor has 20:
brandshop-kuraya_tokyo

And this vendor has 26:
brand-jp1000

It's a good thing we have sellers like this to singlehandedly supply the entirety of the secondary market with as many Trinities in whatever sizes and width combinations buyers might desire! It's really too bad they're all in Japan... :nono:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So I visited the Cartier store on the Champs Élysées and it is amazing. Their customer service was the best I have encountered from any Cartier. So, because I have been in the fence about the LOVE bracelet I thought it only appropriate to share here before SMTB. It's a 16 rose gold cuff, and it feels so very comfortable. No regrets. And I got it in Paris. It will always be special to me for that reason.

_32348.jpg

I decided that my heart was most with the LOVE cuff. Even though I loved the VCA necklaces, I would get the most thrill out of wearing the LOVE. And I am so glad I went with the cuff. There are so many things that I do where I don't want to be wearing it, like chores, housework, laundry, cooking. I am way more careful about this than I am with my ering, probably cause the scratches are so obvious. :). I would love to get a white gold with one diamond. :). But one does look perfectly fabulous to me. I'm am so happy I took the plunge!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom|1437244418|3904519 said:
So I visited the Cartier store on the Champs Élysées and it is amazing. Their customer service was the best I have encountered from any Cartier. So, because I have been in the fence about the LOVE bracelet I thought it only appropriate to share here before SMTB. It's a 16 rose gold cuff, and it feels so very comfortable. No regrets. And I got it in Paris. It will always be special to me for that reason.

_32348.jpg

I decided that my heart was most with the LOVE cuff. Even though I loved the VCA necklaces, I would get the most thrill out of wearing the LOVE. And I am so glad I went with the cuff. There are so many things that I do where I don't want to be wearing it, like chores, housework, laundry, cooking. I am way more careful about this than I am with my ering, probably cause the scratches are so obvious. :). I would love to get a white gold with one diamond. :). But one does look perfectly fabulous to me. I'm am so happy I took the plunge!

Such a gorgeous piece! I enjoyed the same beautiful service in Paris (same location) and I love my Trinity ring!

Wear it in health!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results