carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1434329391|3889292 said:
I just had to go to my husbands work and pick him up. He passed out. His crew took him to the hospital and everything checked out. I think it is just exhaustion and maybe a little food poisoning. He kept throwing up. He was working at a busy station for the last two days, one where they sleep very little at night. I brought him home and put him to bed. He is covered in the heaviest blankets. It makes me have a hot flash just looking at him.

Luv, hope your DH is ok, and that he will feel much better after some good rest.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Junebug and LLJsmom, I am a little bit freaked out. He has never done this before. He has worked four days in a row many times before and never been this wiped out. He has been asleep for 5 hours now. I am hoping that he just got some kind of bug on top of 48 hours with no sleep. Maybe that coupled with all the stress this past year has brought. He had a full work up at the hospital and everything was fine and he passes a 'fitness for life' test every year with flying colors. Hopefully, he will wake up in the morning feeling better.

This has been quite the weekend. My youngest had his wisdom teeth out on Thursday and has had kind of a rough time of it pain wise. Just when he starts feeling a little bit better his dad goes down. Sheesh. :shock:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle, I am so sorry and sending your dh lots and lots of PS healing dust! I hope he starts feeling completely better very soon. I am also sending your youngest son pain free dust for a quick recovery from that wisdom tooth removal. And sending you hugs!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, sweet Missy! He slept through the night and doesn't want to get out of bed this morning either. When I went to bed, a little after 11 and touched him, he was burning up. He didn't want to take anything though. Of course, it could of been because he was covered in the heaviest of blankets. I am thinking it must be a virus on top of the no sleep or he would feel better already after sleeping more than 12 hours.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH slept just over 24 hours total!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle,
I hope your husband is feeling better. I just wanted to tell you about the one time I had some serious food poisoning. I, too, slept for 24 hours. My husband woke me a couple time, just to be sure I was alive! Oh, it was awful, but we were both so relieved when it was done. Fingers crossed, dust spread that your guy is on the upswing by now.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle, I am glad he was able to sleep and hopefully full recovery will be his very soon. Sending more healing dust his way and hoping when he wakes up this morning he will feel so much better and stronger.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is doing much better today. He got up for a little while and worked on the salt cell for he pool. So like him. He has kind of taken it slow and is sitting on the bed watching tv with one of the dogs. He took today off and will go back to work on Thursday. He heard from a few of his co-workers giving him a hard time for his 'sinkable episode' and he is taking it rather well. Thank you for all the good thoughts! It was either food poisoning or some kind of virus combined with going for 48 hours with very little sleep (5 hours total). At twenty, that was no problem, at 55, not so good.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
^whew, that's great that he's feeling better luv2sparkle! And I agree, he either had a whopper of a virus or food poisoning and I'm just so glad he's on the mend. These past few days must have been tough on you, I'm relieved right along with you!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best part of my graduation tonight? The college president complimented my necklace.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's official. DH had a flu bug. How do I know? I ended up getting it. I shouldn't has kissed his face or shared a bed with him I guess.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1434811907|3891743 said:
It's official. DH had a flu bug. How do I know? I ended up getting it. I shouldn't has kissed his face or shared a bed with him I guess.

Oh no luv2sparkle, so sorry!! ;( Wow, those viruses are so contagious - I hope you're feeling better soon.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1434773505|3891628 said:
Best part of my graduation tonight? The college president complimented my necklace.

That comment should be following - "You know your a PS'er when...."

Too funny! Congratulations TooPatient!

Thanks Junebug! I am better! It was a crazy 24 hour thing but boy does it pack a wallop! I hope my 18 year old doesn't get it. He had to do a few things for me because I was so dizzy I couldn't make it down the stairs. It scared him a little bit. LOL. Thankful it's over and hoping I will lose a couple lbs for the trouble!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoping for great news to share soon! Any dust would be welcome...

Applied for a full time bank teller position and another seasonal (3-6 month) financial assistant position. Would be great at either (6 years assisting stock brokers). Hoping to get an interview for one or both.

And....
Just talked to a guy who started a small business with his brother. They need a website and someone to take care of posting stuff on website/FB/etc plus write about their products. Conversation went great. Meeting in person this weekend (hopefully). May be a one time website set up or may be ongoing depending on what they want.

Tomorrow I touch up DH's resume for a slightly different job title and then he is good to send it out to a bunch more places for full time or contract.

(Still have to complete my bachelor's degrees, but any of these should allow me to do classes and work for a bit. Would like to work until transfer into big program at least...)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1434893623|3892152 said:
TooPatient|1434773505|3891628 said:

That comment should be following - "You know your a PS'er when...."

Too funny! Congratulations TooPatient!

Thanks Junebug! I am better! It was a crazy 24 hour thing but boy does it pack a wallop! I hope my 18 year old doesn't get it. He had to do a few things for me because I was so dizzy I couldn't make it down the stairs. It scared him a little bit. LOL. Thankful it's over and hoping I will lose a couple lbs for the trouble!

:bigsmile:
Yep. Should have been! (wish I could get a good picture of it to share! Maybe now with the summer sun?)

Hope you are all healthy now. Those 24 hour things are awful! I once lost 10 pounds over 2 days :knockout:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending you more ***DUST***TooPatient and lots of (((hugs))) too.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was 108 degrees here yesterday and I had a single-course dinner consisting of Ben & Jerry's Everything But the. Sugar coma.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata, I just googled the conversion of 108 degrees Fahrenheit and discovered that's 42 degrees Celsius! I'd melt! I have my air conditioning set to what would be about 72 degrees Fahrenheit. Yes, I do live in the Great White North! The Land of Ice and Polar Bears. OK, not that far North, but I'm a wimp when it comes to the heat or humidity.

By the way, your cats are absolutely gorgeous! I've been silently admiring your photos for ages.

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians near and far!

And an early Happy 4th of July to my dear American neighbours! Or should I say 'neighbors'. :dance:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
december-fire|1435773544|3897449 said:
Matata, I just googled the conversion of 108 degrees Fahrenheit and discovered that's 42 degrees Celsius! I'd melt! I have my air conditioning set to what would be about 72 degrees Fahrenheit. Yes, I do live in the Great White North! The Land of Ice and Polar Bears. OK, not that far North, but I'm a wimp when it comes to the heat or humidity.

By the way, your cats are absolutely gorgeous! I've been silently admiring your photos for ages.

72 F is my sweet spot. This is a particularly hot summer for us and it makes me grumpy although my tomatoes are happy. Thanks for the compliments on the cats. Here's how they cope with the heat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsc5dL-0_9Q

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my God, Matata, I love that video of your cat! Too funny! :lol:

Thanks for sharing. I'm going to send the link to my daughter. She has her own cats; one of whom is also a big boy.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1435773890|3897455 said:
december-fire|1435773544|3897449 said:

72 F is my sweet spot. This is a particularly hot summer for us and it makes me grumpy although my tomatoes are happy. Thanks for the compliments on the cats. Here's how they cope with the heat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsc5dL-0_9Q

Matata, I LOVE your cat! Thank you for posting the video.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1435796822|3897685 said:
Calliecake|1435793155|3897661 said:
Matata, I LOVE your cat! Thank you for posting the video.

Thanks Calliecake. Atticus tried to kill the evil water snake all day yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64cVsS1Gfdw

And he looked so cute trying to get that evil water snake! I clicked on this thread after having my blood pressure raised considerably in the Opposition to Gay Marriage thread. Thank you Matata for posting the video of Atticus. Atticus always makes me smile. And thank you for all your comments in that thread. You are one great lady!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I was offered a position with a large company today. It's the first time I'll be on salary. I feel like it is finally.... finally my time. :appl:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1435893535|3898259 said:
I was offered a position with a large company today. It's the first time I'll be on salary. I feel like it is finally.... finally my time. :appl:

Congratulations! That's so exciting!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations! Hope it is an amazing fit and brings you much happiness.

:appl:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

_31859.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations! I hope you'll have a chance to celebrate! *clink!*

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My four year old daughter has made two bracelets for me, using plastic beads and thin elastics. I'm wearing them proudly right next to my Rolex watch!!! :love:

img_20150729_154201.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Natylad! Those are some awesome bracelets! :love: :love: :love:

I've joined my second forum (piano world) that I have actually posted in (third if you count purseforum which I just read...), and I don't know what to make of the 280+ views but only one reply to my thread... And I went all out with pictures, too! :) I used to feel a little bad if people weren't responding to my comments on this forum, but then again, PS is my first forum and there was a learning curve to what an online forum is about, but then I got over it and thought to myself, if I have something to say, and I feel compelled to say it, just do it. It's like in person, just because my lips are flapping doesn't mean people are tuning in. No big deal. But this piano world thing... crickets... crickets...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results