shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People do tend to like different things. If I do buy a Chrysoberyl I don't want it to look like a Peridot. I have a Peridot for that. =)

And I usually like bright colors. So we'll see.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^^^^ That stone has such lovely color.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1436129637|3899251 said:
Love this spinel, by our own lovely minousbijoux! :wavey:

http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-colored-gemstone/2-ct-sri-lankan-pink-spinel-with-agl-brief

1.98 ct Sri Lankan Spinel. Baby pink (ever so slight violet), slightly windowed (will hopefully close when set), medium toned, medium saturation 8.46x6.87x4.65mm oval. Eye clean.

That's a big stone, almost 7 x 9, which is a great size. Also has an AGL brief!

Somebody buy it, so I can stop thinking about it. :nono:

I keep thinking about this gem too...I think it's very well priced and beautiful!!

Bex

Shiny_Rock
From Johannes Orstadius‎ on the "Fine Faceted Gems and Cabs" Facebook Group. $950 and 5.64cttw

sapphire_suite.jpg

His description: 12 Sapphires ranging from Ceylon blue to bluish violet, purple, purplish pink, champagne pink and peach. Fine step cutting with no window. Approx 6x4mm. 5.64 cttw. Eyeclean; one stone got a barely eye-visible inclusion in one corner. Only the Ceylon blue and the violetish blue (4 stones total) are traditionally heated, the rest (8 stones) are completely untreated. They are all from Sri Lanka. Picture in natural daylight.

Somebody please please please buy these before my trigger finger gets too itchy!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bex|1436219246|3899624 said:
From Johannes Orstadius‎ on the "Fine Faceted Gems and Cabs" Facebook Group. $950 and 5.64cttw

sapphire_suite.jpg

His description: 12 Sapphires ranging from Ceylon blue to bluish violet, purple, purplish pink, champagne pink and peach. Fine step cutting with no window. Approx 6x4mm. 5.64 cttw. Eyeclean; one stone got a barely eye-visible inclusion in one corner. Only the Ceylon blue and the violetish blue (4 stones total) are traditionally heated, the rest (8 stones) are completely untreated. They are all from Sri Lanka. Picture in natural daylight.

Somebody please please please buy these before my trigger finger gets too itchy!

Those are stunning! Absolutely beautiful! :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bex|1436219246|3899624 said:

sapphire_suite.jpg

I'm not surprised that these sold almost immediately after posting. Was it a PSer who pulled the trigger?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
evergreen|1436552249|3901367 said:
Posting this because I've never seen anything like it...

It's orange!
screen_shot_2015-07-10_at_11.png

No, it's red!
screen_shot_2015-07-10_at_11_0.png

1.89cts Orange and Pink Tourmaline
7.79 x 7.51 x 4.99 mm
http://sedagems.com/product/1-89cts-orange-and-pink-tourmaline/

That is pretty neat looking. I would love to hear him describe how he cut it, as he clearly knew how to cut it just right to bring out that gorgeous two-tone.

sisxixon

Rough_Rock
I'm a big fan of SedaGems, but their pictures are a little brighter and more saturated than the stones are in real life (at least, when viewed on Chrome on a Macbook Air). Hope a PSer gets this one!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sisxixon|1436557578|3901392 said:
I'm a big fan of SedaGems, but their pictures are a little brighter and more saturated than the stones are in real life (at least, when viewed on Chrome on a Macbook Air). Hope a PSer gets this one!

Good to know.

Rothschild55

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,
I know there are people looking for Pariaba stones and I just saw one on Fine Faceted Gems (market or auction- can't recall which, right now). Jim McCormick has a Pariana for sale. I think it is reserved, but those interested might want to contact him. I am a newbie and don't know if it is a good stone, just wanted to give a heads up;-)

_32275.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greens are not known for their neon glow. Not surprisingly, I don't see the "lit from within" glow in the video.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux said:
Greens are not known for their neon glow. Not surprisingly, I don't see the "lit from within" glow in the video.

Rothschild55|1436660045|3901791 said:
Hi Everyone,
I know there are people looking for Pariaba stones and I just saw one on Fine Faceted Gems (market or auction- can't recall which, right now). Jim McCormick has a Pariana for sale. I think it is reserved, but those interested might want to contact him. I am a newbie and don't know if it is a good stone, just wanted to give a heads up;-)

I stand corrected. I was privately contacted by Jim McCormick who seemed blunt and unhappy. He educated me in no uncertain terms that it DOES GLOW.

My apologies, Rothschild55. :))

Rothschild55

Rough_Rock
Hi Minousbijoux,
No worries at all:) As a newbie to the forum (finally figuering out what bowties and windows look like.) I have found it really neat how everyone is so willing to share information!

S

SparkliesLuver

minousbijoux said:
I stand corrected. I was privately contacted by Jim McCormick who seemed blunt and unhappy. He educated me in no uncertain terms that it DOES GLOW. My apologies, Rothschild55. :))

If a PSer got it, I sure hope they post photos!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1436674840|3901838 said:
minousbijoux said:

Hi Everyone,

I stand corrected. I was privately contacted by Jim McCormick who seemed blunt and unhappy. He educated me in no uncertain terms that it DOES GLOW.

I would LOVE to understand how anyone can presume to "correct" what you personally do or don't see.

You didn't say the stone doesn't glow; you said you don't see it.

That said, he could easily have posted here quickly saying "sorry it's not apparent to you in the video, but I can assure it glows in person", and that would have been a much better way to handle it, in my very humble opinion. Bullying a non-malicious dissenter privately really leaves a crappy taste in my mouth about him - even if he's right about the stone, he's now wrong (again, just my opinion). :nono:

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
I agree with aljdewey. I realize that some posters here and vendors cross paths within the same social media circles. However, I do think that it is pretty inappropriate for vendors to be privately contacting PS consumer members especially if the contact was unsolicited.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
aljdewey|1436829186|3902416 said:
minousbijoux said:

Hi Everyone,

I would LOVE to understand how anyone can presume to "correct" what you personally do or don't see.

That said, he could easily have posted here quickly saying "sorry it's not apparent to you in the video, but I can assure it glows in person", and that would have been a much better way to handle it, in my very humble opinion. Bullying a non-malicious dissenter privately really leaves a crappy taste in my mouth about him - even if he's right about the stone, he's now wrong (again, just my opinion). :nono:

I don't know about minous and Jim's correspondence, so I can't comment on it. However, Jim could not post the comment you suggested, aljdewey, due to the forum restrictions on vendors not commenting on their own or any other vendor's products or services. (I do agree with the sentiment that sellers should not be contacting buyers unsolicited unless they already have a good/close relationship and such correspondence would be most likely be welcomed by the potential buyer.)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aljdewey said:

gingercurls|1436829576|3902418 said:
I agree with aljdewey. I realize that some posters here and vendors cross paths within the same social media circles. However, I do think that it is pretty inappropriate for vendors to be privately contacting PS consumer members especially if the contact was unsolicited.

Yeah, at first it did make me feel uncomfortable and exposed, kinda? But then I thought about it, and realized that since I contacted him once in the past to inquire about a stone, he probably thought it was fine to contact me. In general though, vendors, its probably not a good idea...

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Yeah, that's pretty creepy. :cry: This is our forum, not the trades, and if he wants to whine he can do it on their forum. His description doesn't even say it glows, and that's his error. If other vendors start doing this and we all start to feel censored, then this forum will dry up pretty quickly.

Because of this, I lost some respect for him.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has happened to me also. I once had to return a stone to a well respected vendour because it did not look as good as in the pictures. I put pics of the stone in hand on ps to get input. The vendour contacted me and was not very nice about my the pics I had posted and thought they did not represent the stone. Returning the stone was not a problem but fact that he brought it up in an email and the tone of his email left a bad taste in my mouth.
Don't fret, Minou! :wavey:

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
mochiko42|1436831663|3902424 said:
I don't know about minous and Jim's correspondence, so I can't comment on it. However, Jim could not post the comment you suggested, aljdewey, due to the forum restrictions on vendors not commenting on their own or any other vendor's products or services. (I do agree with the sentiment that sellers should not be contacting buyers unsolicited unless they already have a good/close relationship and such correspondence would be most likely be welcomed by the potential buyer.)

I know well the restrictions upon commenting directly, Mochiko - when I worked for Whiteflash here, I had to tread a really careful path with the rules.

That said, there are 5,000 ways to skin a cat, right? He could have thanked folks for pointing out the importance of thorough descriptions and that their input prompted him to revise some of his listings - without ever mentioning the stone.

I just gotta think there were better, less menacing ways to handle it than privately contacting a post to 'correct' them in an unhappy tone.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1436878208|3902626 said:

Yeah, that's pretty creepy. :cry: This is our forum, not the trades, and if he wants to whine he can do it on their forum. His description doesn't even say it glows, and that's his error. If other vendors start doing this and we all start to feel censored, then this forum will dry up pretty quickly.

Because of this, I lost some respect for him.

Cross posting, so I'll just say that iLander captured the heart of my issue much more succinctly - particularly the underlined.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was very taken aback by this as well, but MB didn't seem upset so I just figured they were friends or something…inappropriate and creepy, he shouldn't have done it. People should feel free to voice their opinions here without the fear of being harassed privately by vendors. Sorry this happened to you MB.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
aljdewey|1436885336|3902657 said:
mochiko42|1436831663|3902424 said:

I know well the restrictions upon commenting directly, Mochiko - when I worked for Whiteflash here, I had to tread a really careful path with the rules.

That said, there are 5,000 ways to skin a cat, right? He could have thanked folks for pointing out the importance of thorough descriptions and that their input prompted him to revise some of his listings - without ever mentioning the stone.

I just gotta think there were better, less menacing ways to handle it than privately contacting a post to 'correct' them in an unhappy tone.

Hi aljdewey, I'm sorry if I inadvertently caused offense. I posted that in reaction to the specific example of comment that you had used, and did not check your user profile - if I had I would have realized that you have been on PS for far longer than I have and must be much more familar with all the rules here :angel: . I try to see both sides and realize that for many of the smaller CS vendors, they started off as collectors/hobbyists and are still independent (1-person) operations without professional marketing/customer service support. However, I fully agree that it could have been handled much better by the vendor here. :confused:

Personally, over the past year or so I've been contacted a few times directly by vendors in response to something I posted in PS (both on diamonds and CS).. while, logically, I acknowledge the fact that PS is a public forum, with many lurkers (including both consumers and vendors), it is a little disconcerting to my lizard brain side to be contacted by a vendor based on a conversation with other people on a consumer forum (sometimes they pick up the conversation without mentioning PS at all, which is more awkward). I try to believe the best in people so I try not to let it bother me too much because PS is a very public place.

I have also become more cautious recently in what I post to PS, especially since you never know who may be reading your comments. :twisted:

Minous, I'm sorry you had an unpleasant experience. It shouldn't be like that. :((

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyway, to get this thread back on track!

Somebody please get this beautiful pink tourmaline from Kosnar Gem Co that's been tempting me for a long time.. and I normally don't even like heart shapes. :)

Gem: Copper Bearing Elbaite Tourmaline
Weight: 2.29 cts.
Size: 7.98 mm.
Color: Hot Purple Pink
Clarity: VVS
Cut: Heart
Locality: Mozambique
Treatment: None
$458

il_570xn_144.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/230383377/outstanding-pink-tourmaline-gemstone

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results