shape
carat
color
clarity

Legato or change to Whiteflash keystone setting

Nickiijack

Shiny_Rock
Hello. I'm still a week within my 30 return period with Whiteflash. The sleek line legato setting is gorgeous but seriously thinking about exchanging for the keystone semi bezel setting instead. Please , please any comments or suggestions whether negative or positive welcome.

_31835.jpg

_31836.jpg

_31838.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The picture of the WF bezel setting looks like perfection. The picture of the bezeled diamond below it looks thick, yet I presume they are one and the same?

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with Chrono…..the thickness of the bezel on the second photo is really thick and to my eyes it doesn't look as graceful or fluid.

Does your wife wish to have something without prongs?

Nickiijack

Shiny_Rock
My wife wants to change because although the legato is beautiful, she doesn't care for the prongs scratching and getting stuck on things. She is speaking with someone from Whiteflash right now about it. And you're right, the first pic is the Whiteflash keystone setting. The last setting is of an actual person's ring (probably not keystone).

Nickiijack

Shiny_Rock
Oh, the ring in the box is the one we have now.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For everyday wear, 24/7 around children, I've never had any issues with a low set bezel. I used to scratch my husband with the prongs of my ring but not with the bezel.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well a full bezel will be her best bet if she doesn't want things catching. Small fibers can still catch on the ends of the half bezels, although not as much as prongs.

Nickiijack

Shiny_Rock
She just likes the look of the half bezel too. I'm concerned about the diamond being too covered and light return. She's concerned about the half bezel making her .858 size diamond look smaller.

Nickiijack

Shiny_Rock
Hello. Excuse me for hijacking my husband's stuff, but I didn't feel like creating my own account and he doesn't mind.

I am blown away by the diamond choice and setting chosen for the ring. Only problem is, I keep scratching the kids with it and getting it caught on things. Also, because I knew we were going with an I color diamond in order to get a superior cut, I thought the sides of the stone would look yellow to me. It doesn't. The diamond is a brilliant sparkly white fireball from all angles. I want to show off the sides more. I figure I can get the best of both worlds with a semi bezel.

Only problem is, my husband keeps saying I'll regret it because he half bezel will make my diamond look smaller and block light, thus reducing its brilliance.

I needed opinions. Nobody I know has a bezel or semi bezel setting.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Nickiijack|1435872211|3898116 said:
Hello. Excuse me for hijacking my husband's stuff, but I didn't feel like creating my own account and he doesn't mind.

I am blown away by the diamond choice and setting chosen for the ring. Only problem is, I keep scratching the kids with it and getting it caught on things. Also, because I knew we were going with an I color diamond in order to get a superior cut, I thought the sides of the stone would look yellow to me. It doesn't. The diamond is a brilliant sparkly white fireball from all angles. I want to show off the sides more. I figure I can get the best of both worlds with a semi bezel.

Only problem is, my husband keeps saying I'll regret it because he half bezel will make my diamond look smaller and block light, thus reducing its brilliance.

I needed opinions. Nobody I know has a bezel or semi bezel setting.

I have a semi-bezel three stone ring and I can assure you that it does not make my diamonds look smaller and it does not block light. Here is a photo of my ring reflecting all of the colors from its surroundings. The Keystone looks lovely and should be a nice choice.

_31853.jpg

Nickiijack

Shiny_Rock
OMG! Sundial, your ring is fabulous.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looove Sundial's 3 stone. It's stunning.

From what I've read/been told, most of the light enters from the top, so a semi-bezel shouldn't make it look less bright.

Also, I feel that a semi bezel and a full bezel actually make the stone look a tad larger.

It's a really pretty setting. Let us know what you decide and post pictures if you swap it out!

Nickiijack

Shiny_Rock
I'm surprised at all the people who seem to lean in favor of the semi bezel setting bs the legato. Where I'm from more tend to like the legato better

Nickiijack

Shiny_Rock
I sure will JDDN!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would switch. The Keystone will be great!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are really gorgeous settings, so I don't think you can go wrong. They are really different style wise. Both are timeless, but the semi bezel looks a bit more modern to me in a classic sort of way. The Legato is elegant and classic too but with a more traditional spin. I think if you've lived with the Legato and it's not working for you functionally, then it's a good option to swap it out.

Also, on-line you have a larger sample size so you may be getting different responses compared to where you live. :))

Nickiijack

Shiny_Rock
I've made my decision. I'll be sending the ring off to exchange for the keystone in yellow gold.

_31857.jpg

Nickiijack

Shiny_Rock
I'm also inquiring about having the head customized in white gold.

Nickiijack

Shiny_Rock
Ok. I've looked at two toned bezel vs one color and I like the seamless look of all one color. I'm going with the yellow gold keystone setting. Now, I just have to figure out how to get my own separate account from this one

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore bezels and the ease of wear with them. I have currently set all my stones into bezels! They're perfect! Good luck and great choice!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Nickiijack|1435878713|3898158 said:
OMG! Sundial, your ring is fabulous.

Thank you! I look forward to seeing pictures of your diamond in its new setting. I think it is going to be beautiful and easier for you to wear.

Nickiijack

Shiny_Rock
Ok. I'm torn. I keep going back and forth between yellow gold and white gold. I love yellow gold but am afraid the color will make my diamond appear yellower. It's ideal cut and looks very white to me, but I'm not sure. Opinions please before I mail the ring off for exchange?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that since you love yellow gold (as do I), you will be much happier wearing the yellow gold Keystone on a daily basis.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nice looking ring. =) I'm a fan of full bezels, makes the stone look round. When I see 1/2 bezel settings, I think it looks oval. LOL
I like the heft of the ring you've chosen.

I would not hesitate to put your stone in a white metal. There are plenty of I's in white. I had a J in platinum & it was fine. IF you wear a lot of yellow gold, go with yellow gold, but if you would ** prefer ** white gold but are afraid because of the diamonds I colour, go with white. :D

Edited: I read that too quick. Why not go for white head, yellow shank. An awesome compromise. ;-)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For such a setting, 2 toned can look a bit awkward from the side view so I understand your hesitation. I like to set I coloured diamonds in a white metal to keep it looking white because a yellow metal might make it look warmer. What is WF's opinion?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the look of the keystone, but... are you aware that the band isn't solid? It's "hollowed out" at the top and sides, which some people don't like from either a comfort or "eye clean" perspective.

dt_keystone.jpg

picture by D&T, from this thread -https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/paging-danny-terry-d-t.113770/
more here:https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sholdt-semi-bezel-vs-wf-keystone.209415/

I'm sure thought that there are also people who aren't bothered by this feature, and you/your wife might well be among them!

Nickiijack

Shiny_Rock
I don't mind warmth in my diamonds. I know it's hollowed out at the top. I don't mind. I also have my mind on another setting.

_32006.jpg

Nickiijack

Shiny_Rock
Picture of my new setting.

_32480.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks nice...how do you like it???

Nickiijack

Shiny_Rock
I love it. It's perfect for me. The half bezel really emphasizes my diamond and it's really comfortable.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results