shape
carat
color
clarity

Gross Foods... that aren't Typically Gross

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Baby corn... omg... so gross... hate baby corn!

I was in a japanese restaurant, ordered a tempura udon, and OMG :-O bobbing in that broth... baby corn!

I plucked out 3 from my soup. I thought I was rid of them... then, as I proceeded to eat, another one bobbed up. OMG... so gross...

I fished it out, then poked around the bowl with my chopsticks... "looked" like I was free and clear... continued eating, and ANOTHER one bobbed up... SOOOoooo gross....!!!

Can you tell that baby corn grosses me out?

I'm also not crazy about bamboo shoots and... shudder.... water chest nut...

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE water chestnuts. I am so-so on your other things though.

I don't know if I'd say they are gross, but I really dislike cauliflower and celery. I'm good with about every other vegetable but those just rub me the wrong way.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1 on baby corn. :knockout:

Okra ... the texture is what I imagine it would be like to suck mucus out of the nose of a person who's been dead a couple weeks.

Avacado. :blackeye:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Quinoa! It's so sad to heat it up, which gets it just to sprout, then crunch down on it.

Seems mean! :nono:

However, I feel no such conflict when I eat alfalfa sprouts or bean sprouts. Crunch, crunch! :sick:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I feel ya, on the avocado Kenny. I think it tastes so disgusting, plus it's a plant full of protein. WTH is with that? Beans are a bit weird like that too, but this big green pod shaped thing? What has it been eating that it has protein? :shock:

My DD loves avocado and has it spread on toast. A bagel with a green shmear. Gross!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Haha amazing that other people hate avocado. I can eat it if it's sort of hidden in things, but I really don't like it. I even hate cutting it up for DH. So mushy and wrong.

I also hate the taste of carrots, but I think that one's my mom's fault. Apparently I ate them so often as a baby that I turned orange for reals.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cooked red meat. Just sittin' there on the plate ooooozing blood and melted fat. It flubbers when its cut into. When it's chewed, it sounds like someone is chomping on, well, muscle. And muscle doesn't make pretty sounds when chomped. And then people have meat breath :knockout:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Baby corn grosses me out, too!

I can't even list all the foods I don't like, there are way too many of them.

Mushrooms- I mean, really? They are fungus. Gross.
Avocados
Raw onion- how can people eat it?
Raw tomatoes (although I am getting better at not hating these)
Cucumbers
Olives
Watermelon - I know, this one is weird, but it's seriously gross.
Honeydew
Bacon. I mean, I'll eat it but it's just sort of eh. If it comes on something I'm eating, I'll remove it.

The list goes on and on.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lard

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1435869452|3898095 said:

I remember lard jars. You scraped it up and re-used it. Mmm-mmm good! Surprised we didn't all grow up with clogged arteries.

My dad's best friend was a butcher. I remember eating pork rinds, salted and fresh from the broiler. It's amazing we survived childhood really. But man, that stuff tasted SO GOOD!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red kidney beans, and I make my chillis with sweetcorns instead.

I seldom eat chillis away from home, as I would pick out all the beans.

And I do not like plain boiled vegetables.

Apart from that, I eat more or less everything, afterall, I am Chinese!

DK :bigsmile:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ya butter too. Holy barf batman, salty grease.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1435869127|3898089 said:
Cooked red meat. Just sittin' there on the plate ooooozing blood and melted fat. It flubbers when its cut into. When it's chewed, it sounds like someone is chomping on, well, muscle. And muscle doesn't make pretty sounds when chomped. And then people have meat breath :knockout:
Fun fact: there is actually little to no blood left in meat, what you're seeing is myoglobin & water.
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/04/the-red-juice-in-raw-red-meat-is-not-blood/

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
raisins and marshmallows. and Fluff (it grosses me out)

Most cooked fruit also grosses me out but thats another issue maybe :lol:

Dates, hate them.

Mayonnaise *hurling smilie*

I hated milk as a kid (up to and including icecream) I'm ok with it sometimes, but I still really don't like icecream much.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1435876907|3898145 said:
raisins and marshmallows. and Fluff (it grosses me out)

Most cooked fruit also grosses me out but thats another issue maybe :lol:

Dates, hate them.

Mayonnaise *hurling smilie*

I hated milk as a kid (up to and including icecream) I'm ok with it sometimes, but I still really don't like icecream much.

We should hang out. You can pass all the ice cream my way! :naughty:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can tolerate mushrooms now in some things, if they're not big pieces. Morels tho..no. They look like a disease and give me the heebie jeebies.

Tomatoes, peppers..tho I like the taste peppers leave in food I don't want to eat it. I like ketchup and tomato based things but pieces/chunks, no.

Baby corn-bleh. Celery gets picked out except now in chicken/egg salad I can somewhat tolerate it.

I can do water chestnuts and the other things..bamboo shoots or something? Unless it's hard/crunchy then I don't like it so I have to test it w/my fork when we go out to eat at the Chinese place.

If it has eyes, it needs to stay away from me. Or claws. no no no no-I will and I have, thrown things at my husband in a restaurant and I will and I have hollered and made a scene. Crawdads-get those Effing things away from me before I flip your plate and all of the unholy didda chick dada chum lookin things across the room. If you touch me w/a lobster claw you might get punched in the neck.

It's like some sort of sensory overload w/crustaceans and morels. My brain can NOT handle them and I'm damn near reduced to tears when I see them.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1435873986|3898128 said:

ya butter too. Holy barf batman, salty grease.

We buy unsalted butter ... IMO healthier than any margarine ... but Olive Oil is the main fat we eat.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GUACAMOLE WITH PEAS

WHY WOULD ANYONE

NO, NYT, NO.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1435880336|3898169 said:
GUACAMOLE WITH PEAS

WHY WOULD ANYONE

NO, NYT, NO.

Probably Donald Trump's idea :bigsmile:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saltine crackers. Ugh. They always taste so stale and blerch. No thank you!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Clams. Oysters. Octopus. Squid. Delicacies for many, but not for me.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like baby corn either but it doesn't freak me out.

Blanc Mange my mother's family love this and I just don't get it at all. Really thick custard things freak me out too :errrr:

Chicken's feet - don't get that one either.

Fish eyes - same as chicken's feet.

Liver - same deal I just look at it and :-o

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1435880336|3898169 said:
GUACAMOLE WITH PEAS

WHY WOULD ANYONE

NO, NYT, NO.

Yes, which brings peas. Only cooked peas, tho. Why? And yikes.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Onions are the most disgusting food ever created . They smell like B.O.

Canned tuna or any canned meat for that matter is a sin.

I hate shredded lettuce because it has the texture of onions.

I also cannot combine crunchy and creamy. For instance, in a burrito there can't be refried beans and lettuce.

I love avocados. I eat them daily, right out of the skin with just a spoon.

Baby corn creeps me out because it seems rotten.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and baby carrots! I don't trust them.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jam in donuts and cakes. I want to try Victoria sponge cake, but it's made with jam. I don't get that. I won't touch a jam donut with a 10 m pole.

But I like jam on toast. Logical, right? :???:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Edited

gemtastic

Shiny_Rock
packrat|1435879149|3898162 said:
I can tolerate mushrooms now in some things, if they're not big pieces. Morels tho..no. They look like a disease and give me the heebie jeebies.

Tomatoes, peppers..tho I like the taste peppers leave in food I don't want to eat it. I like ketchup and tomato based things but pieces/chunks, no.

Baby corn-bleh. Celery gets picked out except now in chicken/egg salad I can somewhat tolerate it.

I can do water chestnuts and the other things..bamboo shoots or something? Unless it's hard/crunchy then I don't like it so I have to test it w/my fork when we go out to eat at the Chinese place.

If it has eyes, it needs to stay away from me. Or claws. no no no no-I will and I have, thrown things at my husband in a restaurant and I will and I have hollered and made a scene. Crawdads-get those Effing things away from me before I flip your plate and all of the unholy didda chick dada chum lookin things across the room. If you touch me w/a lobster claw you might get punched in the neck.

It's like some sort of sensory overload w/crustaceans and morels. My brain can NOT handle them and I'm damn near reduced to tears when I see them.

Gunslinger??

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhea|1435885799|3898216 said:
Jam in donuts and cakes. I want to try Victoria sponge cake, but it's made with jam. I don't get that. I won't touch a jam donut with a 10 m pole.

But I like jam on toast. Logical, right? :???:

No, I agree. Jam with something crunchy is delicious, jam with something soft is gross. It's too squishy.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
gemtastic|1435886395|3898222 said:
packrat|1435879149|3898162 said:

Gunslinger??

:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results