shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this ring worth as much as it was in 1982. Appraisal-2400

Cfitz717717

Rough_Rock
Found it in my nans lockbox she left me. Its something my pop had made for her out of 3 different diamonds. The appraisal says:

gents 14k white gold ring containing two brilliant cut diamonds and one old mine cut diamond. The one brilliant cut diamond weighs 38 points. The other weighs 33 points. Both are of VS-1 clarity and top crystal color. The old mince cut weights 25 points, is of SI2 clarity and wesselton in color.

I don't know anything about diamonds or if their prices went up or down since then.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Re: Is this ring worth as much as it was in 1982. Appraisal-

Prices have definitely gone up since 1982. ;)) Do you want to insure it? Or do you just want to know a more current value? If you want to insure, you'll likely need a new appraisal. If you just want an approximate value, you could search for similar sized stones with similar specs, and estimate the gold weight for a value.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Is this ring worth as much as it was in 1982. Appraisal-

With stones that size, it could easily be worth the same or less, as most appraisals are inflated anyway (but it could be more). Go get a new appraisal and ask for a realistic and uninflated value. I can tell you that a diamond I had appraised around that time is worth no more than it was stated to be worth then, but it depends on the diamond quality, obviously. That is why I hate inflated, feel-good appraisals.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results