shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you take off your ring(s) when you get home?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Often I do.
I immediately clean it and put it aside. (Diamonds don't stay clean long.)

Maybe an hour later when I'm cooled down and relaxed I'll put it back on.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I sleep in my 4 carat marquis Eternity band, but I DO not sleep in my 3.66 EC as I wouldn't want to hurt my husband in the middle of the night as it is very heavy. I take off my ERing before bed and put it on after my morning run.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My rings and other jewelry will not come off before I go to bed. I always store it in a beautiful box I got from my husband's aunt.
I love wearing my jewelry in and around the house. I can aporeciate it even more when I am at home :naughty: . I do take my rings of before working in the garden.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my rings 24/7 . I enjoy looking at them randomly in different lights . I dont think other people appreciate them as much as I do .off only when I shower or cook.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I wear mine always, unless we're working on the house/yard.

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
First thing I do when I get home is take my ER off, then it goes back on after I get up in the morning. I resist the urge all day at work to take it off.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I take off every piece of jewelry, should probably get into the habit of cleaning them often as well like Kenny.

lovetraderjoes

Rough_Rock

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My jewelry comes off when I go to bed, & it all goes into the safe. Which is sort of a PIA, but when we first got it, I made myself get into habit of putting it there nightly. I do take rings off for cooking or any house cleaning.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its quite embarrassing that I don't wear my rings more often. I telework so most of the time I'm either in sweats (or jammies...lol) When I go out (not to the gym) I will wear my jewelry. When I get home, they do come off. When we have dinner parties I do wear jewelry (because most of the food prep is done prior) but take it off as soon as I can after.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must admit, it wouldn't occur to me to take my jewelry off just because I get home, because often there's still a large portion of the day to go, and I want to wear it. I get a lot of pleasure out of my jewelry whether I'm home or out, and I so love wearing it that I take it off at the last minute before bed! I put my things on in the morning and they're on until bedtime. I take them off for going to the gym and if I'm cleaning using harsh detergents/bleach. Anyway, I'm home quite a lot, so my jewelry wouldn't get as much wear - and some days I'm in and out, so I wouldn't want to keep taking my stuff off and on.

Some people have said they take their rings off for cooking. I'm curious as to why? I'd only take them off for cooking if I was kneading dough. When I cook, I just chop, saute, etc - nothing intense. If wearing rings while cooking is bad for them, please someone let me know so I don't spoil them!

P.S. My mother wore her rings all the time so perhaps that's my model.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya, I'm sure it doesn't hurt them to cook with rings on. I'm just cautious as I don't want a lot of gunk in the settings etc. You also wouldn't want to bang the stones with pots etc. when doing dishes. I just slip mine off & put them back on when done. I'm also one of those who cleans every time I wear a piece, so I'm perhaps overly cautious anyway.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I wear my jewelry at home, but do take them off when showering, doing my makeup, cleaning, and when I go to bed.

Diamond425

Shiny_Rock
I never take mine off. Only to clean them. 24/7. I sleep eat drink bathe in all my jewerly until I change up or clean them. But never take off my rings. Even when we are doing renovations.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My victor Canera set MRB comes of only if I am washing dishes, doing a hard core cleaning of the house or working out. Otherwise I keep it on, even to sleep. Held up great so far!! However I DO take off my Cartier love bracelet the second I am home. :lol:

togal

Shiny_Rock
I take mine off as soon as I get home. My rings either go straight into the jar of jewelry cleaning solution I keep in my bathroom, or into the ultrasonic that I keep filled in my kitchen... I run the ultrasonic in the morning, before I go to work...so my rings are always sparkly! :D

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am very careful with my rings and I take them off as soon as I get home. Plus I clean them every day because I LOVE the sparkle!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wedding rings: 24/7 here. Only exception would be manual labor (even gardening I just wear gloves) or heavy chemicals. I was always taught they're safer ON - If you leave them off they can be lost, stolen or accidentally dropped onto the hard bathroom floor. YES - I do clean them religiously, then always immediately back on. At my workout program we use light weights/ high repetition; the weights have that rubber coating - if I were using heavy, metal weights I guess I would remove my rings at home first.

High-end righthand rings I tend to remove. I keep them in a safe deposit box and the bank is actually walking distance, so it's no big deal.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results