shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a similar pair of Edwardian diamond earrings...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I let these slip through my fingers unfortunately (or earlobes as the case may be LOL) and I have been searching all over unable to find a similar pair. Not sure that is possible but I thought if anyone can find something just like these my fellow PSers can so I am giving it a shot. I am including the only real life pic I have when I first found the earrings and tried them on. They are so beautiful. Why oh why did I hesitate? Oh yeah, it was due to the fact that I had just and mean just bought a pair from Grace. Talk about poor timing. Sigh.

They actually were listed on ruby lane too but I found them originally at my favorite estate jewelry store in person without realizing they were also on ruby lane. Here is the original ruby lane listing. I found the listing after the earrings sold at the estate store. I contacted the owner and she told me she had sent it there on consignment. So I did search it down successfully but it was the same pair haha so no help to me there.

http://www.rubylane.com/item/1314433-26259/Antique-Edwardian-Platinum-14k-Diamond-Drop

Thanks for any help!

edwardianearringsonmyear.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Looking for a similar pair of Edwardian diamond earrings

Thank you so much lovesvintage.

Great minds and all because I saw both of those and they are lovely but not exactly what I am looking for...I know it is a longshot because I have been searching exhaustively as only PSers can do right LOL but I thought it is worth a chance asking you guys to keep your eyes open for me just in case I missed something.

Another option is having them made for me but I prefer an antique pair so that is not something I am really considering at this point.

Thank you for searching and please don't hesitate to share any other options with me. Even if I have already found them myself there is always a chance I missed something!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

I know the styles were not exactly the same, but they are the right size and price. I will continue to keep an eye out for you. I am with you in trying to score an authentic pair instead of having one made. Good luck on your search as well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks LovesVintage. I like both of the earrings you shared here very much so please share anything that catches your eye. Even though it is not exactly the same I might fall in love with them even more and am definitely keeping my options open. It looks like my chances are pretty slim of finding an exact match anyway unless I have them made and then they would not be vintage so don't want to go that route.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hope you will find a similar dream pair soon Missy. Happy search :wavey:

I am more a ring person than an earrings person, but if I see sonething I will post it here.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Missy, from all the threads I've read you seem to be a very sweet and caring person who is always willing to help others. It makes me wish I could help you in return, but I don't have a link to contribute. :wall: However, I will keep an eye out when I'm looking at vintage jewelry online. I agree with waiting to see if you can find an original/older pair again. Perhaps you could ask some PSers to watch out for you at any upcoming jewelry shows? I know Miami is a ways off, but just a thought. Sending you dust for good luck in finding the right pair eventually! :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aw missy, so sorry these sold! I've been browsing around throughout the day and just haven't seen anything yet. The earrings I'm seeing are either round clusters, or very long dangles; nothing really similar. I'll keep looking!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you so much Acinom. I appreciate that. You have amazing taste in jewelry (best ring collection ever!) as I suspect you do in many areas so thank you for helping.

Jambalaya, thank you for those links. I have seen those earrings before and they are right up my alley in terms of aesthetics and preferences. I love the romantic feel of earrings like these. But I have some earrings that are similar to those and this time I am looking for something different. I have to laugh though because I keep emailing my PS friends with pics of similar earrings to those I already have and they keep saying pretty but don't you already have earrings just like those LOL. I guess I like what I like. Thanks for helping me out.

Rockinruby, you're a sweetheart and hank you for writing such nice things and for keeping watch for me too. I appreciate that and I think it's a great idea to see what comes up at the antique jewelry shows. Many thanks for the search dust.

Junie, ha you know I have to laugh. When Greg was trying to convince me to get those earrings and I kept saying no I can't I just got the Grace earrings and he said so what yada yada yada. Why didn't I listen to him. Sometimes dhs do know best. Oh well. Live and learn and it's only bling in the end right? ;(
Thank you for always being here for me Junie and thank you for looking for me. Who knows maybe I will find earrings I love even more.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think you will find another pair that you will like as much or more Missy. However, that does give me an excuse to go to Langs. :Up_to_something:

I'll keep my eye out Missy!!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Missy, could you perhaps have them copied, using OEC diamonds? You'd have the fun of buying the diamonds. Only the metal would be new. And you know, just because something is old doesn't make it inherently better. I bet Brian Gavin could make you a lovely pair with old diamonds and new craftsmanship.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Missy, You know Kristie and I will be on the lookout for you at the Miami show. I think you would probably feel better about trying them on in person. Just another reason you really need to come to Miami with us. Please!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you LLJsmom! Yes please visit Langs for me and see what you can find. :naughty:

Hi Jambalaya, I might go the custom route. I have not ruled it out yet. Thanks for the suggestion.

Callie, you know I want to go to Miami mainly because you girls are going and it would be incredibly fun. I just cannot promise because of my stupid stupid fear of flying. ;(
However if I can find a good kitty sitter I would be more motivated to just suck it up and fly. So if everything else falls into place then I will be there. But no promises. Life was so much simpler when we were younger and my parents could watch our kitties for us. And I was braver about flying too. OK I digress. Back to the earrings. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

_lovesvintage_ said:
Missy, I did not find another set of earrings, but have a link you can use to let this seller know to look out for something similar for you if you are interested.

https://www.georgianjewelry.com/items/show/15227-charming-edwardian-diamond-earrings

Thank you so much, these are perfect and exactly the earrings I was searching for. Great find loves vintage. You make a wonderful detective, thank you.

I forgot to update this thread so your post is very timely. Just this week (Monday) I received my new Edwardian earrings. Sort of a long story but here it is.

I had been looking at another pair of earrings months ago because I am always on the search for the perfect earrings and I found a lovely pair on ebay and had contacted the seller. I decided not to go forward with that pair however I kept it touch with the seller as he was very lovely.

Fast forward a month ago I contacted him through ebay again to enquire if the original earrings I had first contacted him about were still available as I started thinking about them again. They were not and we started chatting and I told him about this specific Edwardian pair I kept dreaming about but had missed out on getting. He asked if I had a picture and I did have one picture-the one I posted here with the earring on my ear so I sent it to him.

He said he knows these earrings and if I am OK with a reproduction he will make a pair for me with OECs so it will be a new pair of Edwardian earrings. Not vintage but made with OECs and he would make them for me with no obligation to me so if I did not completely love it he would not expect me to buy it. No risk whatsoever.

I couldn't believe he was offering to make these earrings for me with no obligation on my part. I had not wanted to go custom and I was not familiar with his work at all as I had just admired a pair of earrings he had in stock so had never seen any custom work. He did send me pics of some of his other custom pieces and in the end I said OK though I was a bit hesitant because I did not want him to go to the trouble and then have the earrings be disappointing and not buy them as I would have felt very badly about all that work and not buying them from him. But he reassured me it was his pleasure and he did not want me to purchase them if I was not in love with them. So we went ahead.

And a week ago Thursday night he contacted me they were finished and sent me pics and then said he would send them to me before I had to decide or pay to see if I loved them in person. OMG he was sending them to me without me paying to see what I thought. He said he trusted me. We had never done business together before so I was very impressed that he was being so generous and trusting and again I was hesitant and even asked my dh if I should just pay him and never mind what he said about not paying him yet because I sort of felt not right about letting him ship them without any sort of payment. My dh said I should do whatever felt right and in the end the jeweler asked me to please not pay him until I saw them and loved them and decided I would keep them. And if not no problem he said I would just send them back but he was pretty sure I would love the earrings.

And he was right! I got them Monday and I LOVE them. They are beautiful in person even more so than in photos and so comfortable to wear. They are my style completely and I have been wearing them every day since I got them LOL. My other earrings need some love but right now I am enjoying the heck out of these. I think I have found my new go to long distance jeweler that's for sure and am very pleased with the whole experience. I have never had great luck with custom pieces but now that has changed. If you got through this long winded story thank you and without further ado here are some pics. The first few are the jewelers photos and the rest (the fuzzy pics lol) are all mine.

Thank you all for your help!

_32674.jpg

_32675.jpg

_32676.jpg

_32677.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A few more pics. They are not 100% the same as the original pair I fell in love with at the estate jeweler's store I go to but I love these just as much and could not be more pleased. And I will add that I got these at a great price. I saved over half what the original pair would have cost me. So great work at an affordable price. I am a very satisfied customer and hope to work with this jeweler again. Once my funds are replenished. LOL.

_32678.jpg

edwardianearringsselfieinmirror.jpg

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock

oh wow-just beautiful! Can you share who this dreamy jeweler is??

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

artdecolover71|1437735718|3906870 said:
oh wow-just beautiful! Can you share who this dreamy jeweler is??

I am happy to share his name. He is Santiago, owner of Terra Fine Jewelry. I am very impressed with him. His quality of work and the way he does business.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Those are really pretty earrings! I love a story where there's a search and then everything works out.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gosh, Missy, I love those!!! :love: I have also been wanting some kind of drop earrings, and that is an excellent style that does not require large diamonds!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Very elegant! They are perfect on you Missy! :love: :appl:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your earrings turned out great Missy! They look fabulous on you too. I love dangle earrings. :appl:

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock

Hi Missy! Those earrings look so lovely on you! I'm so glad you ended up with what you really wanted. Enjoy wearing them. Just beautiful!! :love: :love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

They are beautiful and a perfect size for your ears! Isn't it wonderful when you can finally find a jeweler that can custom make your vision and have it be perfect. :appl:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

This is a delightful story with a happy ending!

Those are really gorgeous earrings, they look comfortable and elegant :love: I can't believe how he just 'whipped those up' for you! Impressive- definitely lovely workmanship, and adorable OEC's really are in there. They look wonderful on you, and the story is heartwarming. Enjoy!!!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Wow! Missy, your new earrings are amazing! :love: I was so happy to read your update! That's wonderful that you found such a great custom jeweler to work with. I think it was in your preloved thread, but you said you were leaving it up to fate regarding your other pair?Well, I'm glad you decided to keep them because fate had another custom pair in store for you! Your other earrings may not be getting as much love for the moment, but who can resist wearing a new pair daily for awhile? It is so nice that you now have two beautiful pairs of earrings to love & enjoy! :dance: I love the Oec's in the design and how perfect the proportions look. I love dangly earrings, but sometimes they aren't quite right in terms of how they hang or how they fit. Yours look absolutely perfect on you though!! Sorry for the long post, but I am so happy you found something and at half the cost too! :clap: I loved hearing your story! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for the lovely comments.

Snowdrop, it all just came together when I was least expecting it as I was not even looking to have these earrings custom made yet. The jeweler is the one that suggested making these for me and at no risk to me so it was an offer I couldn't refuse LOL. Smart jeweler and now he has a loyal customer for life!

Thank you diamondseeker, it is the perfect size for every day wear and honestly I can wear them for a dressed up evening too if I want as I think they are quite versatile. They pack a big bang for the buck so work in many different scenarios. Delicate but they have a presence if you kwim. I think this style would look lovely on your ears too!

Sharon, you are always such a love. Thank you very much!

Thank you Marcy! Your turn... :naughty: :cheeky:

Hi bbziggy, thank you! Did you go to the NY antique jewelry show this weekend? I cannot remember if you go to this one. Unfortunately I couldn't go but next year I am going to make it a priority. It's right in my backyard after all LOL.

Catmom, thank you. Coming from you means a lot as you have spectacular bling and amazing taste.

Thank you very much apacherose. I think this is the first time I was totally satisfied with a custom piece. Usually I prefer buying finished pieces I can see before I buy and I am glad I took the leap of faith in this case because it worked out.

Hi Rockinruby, thank you. It's funny because I was not pursuing having these made and was enjoying the search but I guess it was meant to be.

I actually did have a buyer for the Grace earrings and I feel badly that I was so indecisive and turned her down ultimately just because I wasn't ready to let them go. She was offering the price I was asking so it wasn't that at all.

I just think I have trouble letting things go in general and I still am not wearing the Grace earrings as lovely as they are. The problem is I have too many earrings seriously. However right now I just want to hang onto them for a bit more time to see if I reach for them in the future if you kwim.

I go through jewelry wearing cycles and not all my pieces are going to get the love they deserve a great majority of the time because I have a lot of variety. No complaints but I don't want any pieces languishing going unloved so I am going to see how it goes and if I decide I am not wearing them anytime soon I might revisit putting them up for sale again. Of course I am sure the original buyer is (rightly) pissed with me for being so indecisive (though I was honest from the get go when she contacted me) and I feel badly about disappointing her. She will probably not want to buy them when I am ready but once again I will leave that in the if it is meant to be category.

Sorry for the long winded explanation and thanks for listening/reading!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very cool the way things worked out! CONGRATS! on your new but vintage earrings. They are very beautiful.

:appl: :appl: :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stone Hunter|1437934107|3907712 said:
Very cool the way things worked out! CONGRATS! on your new but vintage earrings. They are very beautiful.

:appl: :appl: :appl:

Thank you Stone Hunter!

Just to show you how what kind of a person Santiago is he had a request from either a lurker or member of PS to make these earrings for them. He asked me if they were a friend of mine and if I minded because if I did he wouldn't take the job. I told him to please go ahead and make the earrings for whomever wants them.

The fact that he asked me if it was OK with me however was quite lovely and shows what an ethical and nice person he is. I hope whoever wants the earrings made for them is reading this because I just want to say I hope your experience with Santiago is as good as mine has been and I hope you love the earrings as much as I do!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results