shape
carat
color
clarity

Paraiba Sea Resort ring - by David Klass

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems: you are always so super kind. Thank you!!
This ring is one of my favourites as well 8-) . I had not imagined that it would be so special in real life. I am sooo glad to have discovered Paraibas via PS. It's great to see a Paraiba cab in reality. I find them really amazing.

Glad to enable you Lovesvintage! A dear PS friend of mine has just received a smaller version of my stone and it's amazing! Her stone has quite some oomph. It's really worth it to save for a Paraiba cab.
Thank you for your kind words. I always enjoy making the group shots after I have just received a new ring.

Aww, what a huge compliment Tweeter. Thank you :wavey:

_31818.jpg

_31819.jpg

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring! Love the setting {he did a great job on the engraving} and the stone looks absolutely juicy!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
"Glad to enable you Lovesvintage! A dear PS friend of mine has just received a smaller version of my stone and it's amazing! Her stone has quite some oomph. It's really worth it to save for a Paraiba cab.
Thank you for your kind words. I always enjoy making the group shots after I have just received a new ring."

Thank you for the advice Acinom! That makes me so excited to know that tidbit about smaller Paraiba cabs. :) I really don't know how you decide which ring(s) to wear. Such a great predicament to have!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber St. Clare|1435795351|3897677 said:
What a beautiful ring! Love the setting {he did a great job on the engraving} and the stone looks absolutely juicy!

Thank you Amber :wavey:
I would love an engraved band by David. However, I am on a ban :naughty:

Some pics I made today:

_32010.jpg

_32011.jpg

_32012.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
_lovesvintage_|1435874248|3898129 said:
Thank you for the advice Acinom! That makes me so excited to know that tidbit about smaller Paraiba cabs. :) I really don't know how you decide which ring(s) to wear. Such a great predicament to have!

I can really recommend a glowy Paraiba cab :twisted:
Hopefully you will also find your dreamstone.

Some more pics:

_32013.jpg

_32014.jpg

_32016.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last pics:

_32017.jpg

_32018.jpg

_32019.jpg

_32020.jpg

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring! The engraving is amazing. :love: I have never even heard of Paraiba before, time to do some research. :read:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom,

My favorite rings are you Paraiba's!!! :love: This is a beautiful gem, surely it is a delight to wear. I must say, I absolutely have gotten so much pleasure out of all of your rings and projects. Thank you so much for sharing them. You have an incredible eye and I love your taste. :clap:

the_universe

Rough_Rock
beautiful stone. I love paribas. I love color stones in general. Please do not take this the wrong way. But I think it would have looked better in yellow gold for 2 reasons:

1) its a warm color stone so would compliment a warm colored metal (yellow is warmer than white)
2) you are dark skinned which looks beyond amazing contrasted against yellow gold.

love that stone. Its a beautiful piece nonetheless. Also take my opinion with a grain of salt. There are menus in restaurants for a reason.

VoldeNuit

Shiny_Rock
the_universe|1436310879|3900117 said:
beautiful stone. I love paribas. I love color stones in general. Please do not take this the wrong way. But I think it would have looked better in yellow gold for 2 reasons:

1) its a warm color stone so would compliment a warm colored metal (yellow is warmer than white)
2) you are dark skinned which looks beyond amazing contrasted against yellow gold.

love that stone. Its a beautiful piece nonetheless. Also take my opinion with a grain of salt. There are menus in restaurants for a reason.

The thing is that dark/brown skin can have warm undertones or cool ones. I have dark skin w/ warm undertones and YG works best for me but my mom is dark w/ cool undertones and the white metals suit her best. YG does nothing for her even though she had quite a bit of it since it was so popular in the 70s and 80s. lolz

Besides fabric-draping, one way to tell is by looking at the veins in your wrist. A blueish look means you're cool and greenish means you're warm. It's more complicated than that (esp for clothing, makeup and hair color) but it's a good place to start. How light or dark you are isn't relevant to the 'temperature' of the colors that suit you. However, the depth/strength of skin and hair coloring can be used for choosing the intensity of those colors(warm or cool) and the most flattering degrees of contrast.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I had not heard of these stones either before PS. So glad I discovered them here. And now I am the proud owner of a facted and cabochon stone. Thanks for your kind words aca.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
apacherose|1436307347|3900098 said:
Acinom,

My favorite rings are you Paraiba's!!! :love: This is a beautiful gem, surely it is a delight to wear. I must say, I absolutely have gotten so much pleasure out of all of your rings and projects. Thank you so much for sharing them. You have an incredible eye and I love your taste. :clap:

Hey Apacherose :wavey: are you still enjoying your Van Craeynest set? I am still so grateful for the inspiration.
Thank you for your compliments about my Paraiba rings.

_32087.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you The Univers.
Like Voldenuit says you can have warm or cool tones in your skin. I definitely have cool tones. Vibrant colors and cool white metals look best on my skin. My sister has warm tones and she can wear completely different colors and metals.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Voldenuit: thank you for chiming in and I could not agree more 8-)

_32088.jpg

_32089.jpg

Violetphoenix

Shiny_Rock
Just have to chime in to congratulate you on all your beautiful DK blings! They all are magnificiant and drool worthy!!! Love this Paraiba ring..the color of the stone, the setting. It looks so simple elegant but bold and beautiful at the same time!!! You can wear this ring dress up or down... Love it!!!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Please do not take this the wrong way. .

Certainly rubs me the wrong way. Acinom is gracious beyond measure but that kind of commentary does not have a place on the 'show me the bling' forum. That is for 'Rocky talky', or colored stones...and , typically, only if one actually asks.

Acinom said:
apacherose|1436307347|3900098 said:
Hey Apacherose :wavey: are you still enjoying your Van Craeynest set? I am still so grateful for the inspiration.
Thank you for your compliments about my Paraiba rings.

You, Acinom, certainly are the one who inspires! :love: Your jewelry box is a treasure trove of incredibly unique and inspired jewels. I am happy you have been able to put together such an amazing and one-of-a-kind collection. You must smile a bit to yourself when you are getting ready for the day and deciding which wants to come out and play in the sun.

I do, still, adore my VC set. It is perfect for me and my husband, and I sometimes think myself a wierdo :oops: to get so much enjoyment out of just silly rings... but here on PS I am in good company. The best part is getting to enjoy others rings, as well. :mrgreen: I love all the photos you post. Thanks.

VoldeNuit

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1436461722|3900876 said:
Voldenuit: thank you for chiming in and I could not agree more 8-)

Ah, 27+ years of being a 'seasonal color analysis' geek here! :read: LOL You're welcome!
:love: Beautiful photos of your awesome ring!

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Ah that glow :love: :love: :love: . Another stunning ring Acinom :appl:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AMAZEBALLS!!!!!!!! Enough to make me want a cab, which I haven't really before! Stunning. You do have a great collection.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Violetphoenix: aww, thank you!! I again enjoyed working with David Klass. He seems to be a growing PS favourite. I am looking forward to work with him again.
How are you enjoying your beautiful ring with the vintage inspired band?

Apacherose: glad you are enjoying your gorgeous set to the max! I always enjoy looking at your set.
Thank you for liking my ring! And I can so relate about what you are saying about the 'weirdness' of loving jewelry and stones :lol: That's exactly what I like about PS: we all share the huge preference for shiny things.

Voldenuit: aha! That's why you could explain the seasonal color thing so well. I love that stuff.
Thank you for liking my ring!!

Thanks Scarlett!! I am enjoying this pre-ban phase:lol:

NKOTB: I adore your new DK ring with emerald! It's absolutely stunning.
Thank you for your kind words about my collection. I can so recommend the soft lines and glow of cabs.

o0obers

Rough_Rock
Acinom Your paraiba rings are simply stunning (and honestly all your rings)! I'm convinced after I graduate I will get one as a present to myself.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom- that ring is so beautiful! The setting is PERFECT! :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results