carat
color
clarity

Rikitea Strand:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nah,

My theory on pearl shrinkage syndrome is that if you get used to wearing Tahitians (which start at 8mm as the smallest size they come in, so you usually end up having 10mm at a minimum in the front), or ripples, or fireballs, which are also all usually larger, when you go back to wearing round white pearls (other than WSS of course), suddenly they seem small, because 9-10mm would be a really large (and much more expensive) specimen in that type of pearl. I have yet to look at my Tahitians the same way (well, except my very first strand which is 8 - 10 mm whereas all my others are 10 - 12). My Akoyas look tiny when I first put them on, because they are a classic 7.5-8mm and I save them for special occasions whereas I wear my baroque T's almost every day, but after a bit they seem normal again.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I realized I never posted my blue Rikitea strand to this thread. I find it very hard to properly capture the colors in photos. IRL, the pearls are deep blue, with flashes of green and a little purple.

_31715.jpg

_31716.jpg

br2.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
That looks very blue, Kay. Your strand was my pick at the time of the offer. It's lovely!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous Kay!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Kay your Riki's are just so elegant and of course beautiful. Loved seeing them on you :mrgreen:

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
It looks amazing on you.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Kay, yours is a dream strand! The pearls look to be a very deep mystical blue, like the depths of the ocean. Can you tell us about their size? They are gorgeous on your beautiful neck.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Pirard|1435760975|3897332 said:
Kay, yours is a dream strand! The pearls look to be a very deep mystical blue, like the depths of the ocean. Can you tell us about their size? They are gorgeous on your beautiful neck.

Thank you all -- I am thrilled with this strand.

Pirard, the size range is 8.2 - 11.9 mm.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful strand, Kay, and it looks great on you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results