carat
color
clarity

My GOG cushion! :)

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A long time lurker here!

I have been looking for a very long time for the perfect cushion and this forum has been such a great help for me in my quest. This post is my humble thank you to everyone who has shared their knowledge here on pricescope! :wavey:

But maybe my first thank you should have gone to the wonderful staff at Good Old Gold! David was very patient with me and answered all my questions and Vicki helped me with the shipment and really showed me what great customer service can be like.

So I know you probably want me to stop rambling and simply show you the bling! But hold on just a little longer for the specs!

I received my beautiful cushion today! It is a "platinum select"/premium cushion, 1.01ct J VS1. I think some of you may have already seen it, as another pricescoper considered and rejected buying it, preferring a warmer stone. Lucky for me! :love:

Apparently, but I am not certain about this, it was supposed to be an august vintage star, but the "very large" culet caused a hit on the overall cut grading and so it was sold to me as a premium cushion instead. I never asked and I am not very interested to know, but the stone is inscribed with "august vintage". The culet is very very tiny in my eyes, I would have been disappointed with a smaller culet! But that is just me. 8)

So, finally, some pics!! :praise:

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
.... and more...

VoldeNuit

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!<3

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I will set the cushion in a classic solitaire ring setting. Until I have pictures of it, I'll let my asscher wedding band work as a stand-in. :naughty:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Cant wait to see the final :love:

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you VoldeNuit and telephone89! :appl:

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful diamond! Your band is gorgeous as well. :love: :appl:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful diamond, and AWESOME wedding band!!!

LaSuecia

Rough_Rock
Åh jisses! Så fin och så härlig färg! Den ser verkligen fin och vit ut:) hur känns det nu när du ser J färgen? Som du tänkt dig? :love: :love:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new stone is beautiful, and your band is just wowzers! Please be sure to post pictures of your new ring when its done!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you nycspring, distracts and VRBeauty !! :))

LaSuecia: Thank you! I did worry about the color up until the moment I saw the stone! I have never owned lower than H before and I didn't really know what to expect. There seems to be some yellow reflecting from somewhere on the diamond in the pictures so anyone wondering what J might look like really shouldn't look at my pictures. The stone is white, at least in my not so color sensitive eyes, seen from top down. But I do see some beautiful yellow warmth sometimes from the side and I love it! :appl:

LaSuecia

Rough_Rock
i was sure I amde a huuuge mistake until I got my J :lol: Mine does that too ;-) pictures sometimes show it more yellow than it is, and whenever I get a glimce of the yellow when I look at it, which is when I look for it specifically, I just love it :). It takes a hard good look at your asscher ring at this stone to notice any sliiiiight difference in color. Good job pickng out a very pretty stone :appl:

emmebee

Shiny_Rock
WOW, it is just stunning! Can't wait to see her set. Also, please share more on your beautiful band!! Is that 18k rose gold?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG GORGEOUS!!! I love the faceting and shape! Congratulations!! :love: :appl: :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely! It's going to go great with your wedding band. Come back and post pics once it's set!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lovely!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful. Great culet. Love the high crown. :appl:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's beautiful, can't wait to see it set!! ::)

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! It's gorgeous! :love: I can't wait to see it set and hope you will come back with more photos! Your band is amazing too! :appl:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I love your asscher band too-where did you get it?

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bet it is a firecracker, what fun you will have getting it set! Congrats on your beautiful diamond!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful stone!!! Looking foward to see it set. I love your Asscher band as well.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you LaSuecia, emmebee, msop04, tyty333, Tourmaline, Stone Hunter, JDDN, Rockinruby, packrat, sarahb and Acinom!!! :)) :wavey:

I will post pics when the stone is set! :appl: But first I want to let her live with me a couple of days to get to know her. :Up_to_something:

emmebee and packrat: The wedding band is custom made by a local jeweller. It is 3 mm wide with nine 0.11ct ca GVS asschers (0.99 ct total). The stones go almost half way around the ring, very comfortable. I wear it with a plain gold band that matches the wedding band. The gold is red gold, a mix between yellow and rose. :loopy:

Here is a picture of the rings brand new and a second picture after some time with patina.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
WOW!

COngrats on the stone and that asscher band... OMG!!!
Love the choice of gold...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS. :love: :love: :love:

hooty

Rough_Rock
congrats, aca!

I was considering this one pretty seriously a month or two ago for my engagement ring purchase. I decided to go in another direction simply because I liked the traditional avc a bit more than the star, but this one is a beauty! And a steal too in my opinion with the culet size, which didn't bother me one bit from the pics and videos I saw!

I'm happy to see that a ps member was able to get it and share some pics. Hope you love it.

T

talamasca

Beautiful stone and gorgeous asscher band.....not seen one like that before and it's fab!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you gregchang35, missy, hooty and talamasca!! :appl:

hooty: I completely understand, I had such a hard time choosing. I love the whole AVC line. In the end I did prefer this one because it reminded me of an antique cushion I saw a year ago. I am very happy with it! :))

I actually planned to put a small fancy blue diamond underneath the culet in the ring, thinking the culet was in fact very large, and I had contacted a few vendors to locate some blue mini melee. Now that I have seen the stone in real life I understand how very small "very large" is and so I made a complete change of plans on this one. No melee, I want to see the tiny culet. :lickout: The fancy melee under the culet was inspired by haven's beautiful ring:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-here-its-here-my-2-30-ct-omb-antique-cushion-upgrade.158760/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-here-its-here-my-2-30-ct-omb-antique-cushion-upgrade.158760/[/URL]

Now some more pictures, showing color and fire!! :love:

emmebee

Shiny_Rock
Just beautiful! Thanks for the info on your band :)

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you emmebee! So happy to share. :))
I forgot to write, the rings are 18 k gold. :halo:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results