shape
carat
color
clarity

Supreme Court ruling makes same sex marriage a right for all

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
Re: Supreme Court ruling makes same sex marriage a right for

Lets try this again lol... I remember a time when I was a little boy, growing up. I remember knowing something was different and I distinctly remember realizing with quite certainly what that difference was. I remember making myself realize many things. One, being that I would never be married because it wasn't legal or acceptable. I remember feeling sad about that. I never let that break me though. I just pretended to convince myself that marriage was something that I didn't even want anyway so it didn't effect me. As time went on I started to think to myself... Why am I thinking this way? Even if I didn't want to get married why shouldn't I have the right to? Once I met my SO, I knew what those feeling were all about. I knew what having a life partner meant. For so
long that has been the only term we were allowed to use to describe our SO. I grew up In the 80's and 90's. So it wasn't perfect for gay people, but we had already come far as a people by that point. I commend the ones who came before me, who stood up and fought in the face of injustice, hate, intolerance, and bigotry and the ones who are no longer with us, but smiling down on this beautiful decision. More importantly, I remember the day my partner and I got the right to become a REAL married couple with the same rights and benefits as everyone else! Like I said before, gay marriage was already legal in my state, but with a solution so close. We thought it best to wait until all our gay brothers and sisters had the same right! We just felt it was the right thing to do. Now to plan this fabulous wedding!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

congratulations USA. :clap:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Diamondboy11685|1435566597|3896158 said:
Lets try this again lol... I remember a time when I was a little boy, growing up. I remember knowing something was different and I distinctly remember realizing with quite certainly what that difference was. I remember making myself realize many things. One, being that I would never be married because it wasn't legal or acceptable. I remember feeling sad about that. I never let that break me though. I just pretended to convince myself that marriage was something that I didn't even want anyway so it didn't effect me. As time went on I started to think to myself... Why am I thinking this way? Even if I didn't want to get married why shouldn't I have the right to? Once I met my SO, I knew what those feeling were all about. I knew what having a life partner meant. For so
long that has been the only term we were allowed to use to describe our SO. I grew up In the 80's and 90's. So it wasn't perfect for gay people, but we had already come far as a people by that point. I commend the ones who came before me, who stood up and fought in the face of injustice, hate, intolerance, and bigotry and the ones who are no longer with us, but smiling down on this beautiful decision. More importantly, I remember the day my partner and I got the right to become a REAL married couple with the same rights and benefits as everyone else! Like I said before, gay marriage was already legal in my state, but with a solution so close. We thought it best to wait until all our gay brothers and sisters had the same right! We just felt it was the right thing to do. Now to plan this fabulous wedding!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, Diamondboy. I hope you will tell us about your wedding planning. And I also want to say hello to Danny, who still looks suspiciously like a young Henry Tudor. (That really brings me back. I remember when we were all first glued to the first season of, "The Tudors"!) You have both waited a long time for this ruling, as has kenny and as have so many other gay and lesbian people. As with any right, it is sad to think of the many people who missed out on having it. On the other hand, were it not for the bravery of those who came out-as you said, Diamondboy-generations to come would not have marriage equality as a birthright as they now will. Can you imagine being born into the world equal?

Big hugs,
Deb/AGBF

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

Hello,, Deb! :wavey:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations! :appl:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

iLander|1435524862|3895890 said:
kenny|1435524162|3895883 said:
Now gay folks get to be as miserable as straight folks. :lol:

:D

I was thinking about this, Kenny.

I suspect there are a lot of partners looking at each other like this :???: this weekend and wondering who's going to bring up that marriage thing first.

So are you going to marry your SO, Kenny? Might as well get personal . . . :)

That's right, now you can get to be recipient of uncomfortable conversation starters and social pressure with practical strangers and distant relatives asking you, "So whennayougoingtaget MARRIED?" :lol:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ella|1435517005|3895810 said:
madelise|1435515501|3895797 said:
?? What happened to my thread?

Calliecakes is right. We were just about to email you. There was an entire page fighting about religion, which is not appropriate on PS and violates our rules.

You all are welcome to celebrate here, please keep religion OUT of the discussion.

That's upsetting :blackeye: I was so happy to wake up to the news, and be the first one to scream it out loud on PS.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

madelise|1435622073|3896561 said:

Calliecakes is right. We were just about to email you. There was an entire page fighting about religion, which is not appropriate on PS and violates our rules.

You all are welcome to celebrate here, please keep religion OUT of the discussion.

That's upsetting :blackeye: I was so happy to wake up to the news, and be the first one to scream it out loud on PS.

No good deed goes unpunished. Remember that for next time.

Deb
:saint:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Honestly Madelise, I didn't mean to upset you in any way and I felt that this momentous decision of equal marriage rights for all should be celebrated and yelled for all to hear so I am right there with you. I am sorry your thread was removed and because its removal was being actively discussed on PS in other threads and people were aggravated by the removal I wanted to right the wrong and hence I restarted it. The removal of your thread was also threatening to derail another thread and it was only right that it got its own thread so I was trying to right the wrong that's all. The main thing is that we are celebrating this long awaited just decision.

It would be nice if others didn't start the religious disagreements that cause threads to go poof yanno? As Deb wrote "No good deed goes unpunished". I have learned that lesson time and again and ironically this experience is a perfect one. For me and for you. ::)

Back to the important topic at hand.
Haha that's right you guys. Just like partgypsy said- wait till people start asking you so when are you going to get married hehe. :cheeky:

Diamondboy11685 said:

Congratulations Diamondboy!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I'm sorry that my religious-based argument contributed to your other thread closing, Madelise. I stand by everything I said, but I acknowledge it was not the place nor did I abide by PS rules.

That said, I'm so happy the SC made this monumental ruling! Everyone deserves equal rights.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I hope it inspires ie kicks Australian politicians into making the same decision too!!!

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats to all. You guys finally caught up to us canucks. :tongue:

Kenny, instead of getting married I think you and your SO should get matching Octavia wedding bands.
Be the first in the world to stack octavias. Octavia eternity anyone?
:Up_to_something:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

arkieb1|1435672869|3896769 said:
I hope it inspires ie kicks Australian politicians into making the same decision too!!!

+1...

as for us marrying - maybe.. we have 2 kids and a huge mortgage now...
i know my SO wants to have a Prince Charles and Lady Diana kinda wedding....

its only money right?????

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

oh madelise.. i didnt realise the other thread was taken down.. sorry to hear that it got too policial/religion like...

oh well.. we cant please everybody...:)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations Diamondboy! I'm sorry you and your partner had to wait so long for this day to finally arrive.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I understand your disappointment.
I'm not sure exactly why but I also like to be the one to bring notable news here. :wavey:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

arkieb1|1435672869|3896769 said:

So true!!! I can't believe we are so backwards! :|

This is definitely worth celebrating! :appl:

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock

Calliecake|1435677472|3896811 said:

Congratulations Diamondboy! I'm sorry you and your partner had to wait so long for this day to finally arrive.

Thanks, Calliecake! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results