carat
color
clarity

Rhapsody in Bespoke Gems Blues!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful beautiful stones!! :appl:

I've enjoyed all the updates and info about stone cutting.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
My suite, hopefully I will get it next week. I might get some flowers (winter now and flowers are expensive here haha) and take a photo shoot with my spinel ring.

#809, Natural Blue Topaz, Asscher Cut, 9.95x9.95x8.32mm, 6.25ct
#813, Natural Blue Topaz, Asscher Cut, 7.5x7.5x6.3mm, 2.8ct
#814, Natural Blue Topaz, Asscher Cut, 7.5x7.5x6.3mm, 2.8ct

_31482.jpg

_31483.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you decided to get a suite. :bigsmile: It's going to be a gorgeous set.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1435316029|3894620 said:
Glad you decided to get a suite. :bigsmile: It's going to be a gorgeous set.

Thank you Chrono, and please help me with design ideas later. :cheeky:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing suite of gems. Congrats with your beautiful set.
I am so looking forward to see how you will set it

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful suite of Asschers, and I look forward to seeing the finished jewellery.

DK :love:

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful love the other two asschers too.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, I think I'll need setting ideas help. Also I can't wait to see real life shot of everyone's topaz.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great stones! LovingGems it will be interesting to see how you set them. =)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Stone Hunter|1435357032|3894952 said:
Great stones! LovingGems it will be interesting to see how you set them. =)
Thank you Stone Hunter. :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1435356985|3894951 said:
Thank you, I think I'll need setting ideas help. Also I can't wait to see real life shot of everyone's topaz.
Ah, we need Sparkliesluver to chime in. She always has great setting ideas.
Perhaps if you start a new thread in the CS or Rocky Talky section, you will get more reactions.

Are all options open or do you want to make studs from the twin stones?
Make a Jewels by Grace type of bangle with one of the stones would also be lovely. And then create a pendant and ring with the two remaining stones.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Acinom|1435358552|3894963 said:
Perhaps if you start a new thread in the CS or Rocky Talky section, you will get more reactions.

Make a Jewels by Grace type of bangle with one of the stones would also be lovely. And then create a pendant and ring with the two remaining stones.

Hi Acinom, yes good idea I'll start a thread once I have the stones in person. I would like to keep the small pair for earrings, and matched with baroque white South Sea pearls. The ring I am not sure of, if Mokume would fit into my topaz and pearl themed earrings. :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="Lovinggems|

Hi Acinom, yes good idea I'll start a thread once I have the stones in person. I would like to keep the small pair for earrings, and matched with baroque white South Sea pearls. The ring I am not sure of, if Mokume would fit into my topaz and pearl themed earrings. :))[/quote]

I am looking forward to see what you come up with. The Mokume style seems to be very versatile. Not sure though how you can combine with pearls yet, but the design team can certainly create some suggestions.

_31624.jpg

_31625.jpg

_31626.jpg

_31627.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Acinom for the inspiration photos. I guess the common element between the ring and earring may be the topaz and not the other elements.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
New inspirational setting for my Supernova, a convertible ring/pendant!

I was toying with setting it in a pendant, as I rarely have the chance or ability to purchase gemstones big enough for a pendant except for pearls. However, I am wary that a pendant may not have much chance to be worn, that's when I thought about the convertible setting.

There is another advantage for convertibles, in that I just need to have one chunky shank/base ring made for it to take different ring/pendant above, and save myself some pennies in the process.

Here are some examples for inspiration:
2__4__0.jpg
_t2ec16jhjgeffm088j-vbrevdvohug__60_57.jpg _t2ec16nhjf8e9nnc6h3ybrs19bg63g__60_57.jpg

I am likely to set my bigger stones in a simple diamond halo with or without an air gap.

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems: good idea to let the Asscher topazes be the linking element. You will have more options then. You could also work with studs and add the pearls as a separate hanging element?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good plan DK! Sounds like a great way to go forward. I love the concept of convertible jewelry.

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:

I'll keep my eyes open for your thread, Lovinggems. :) (And thank you Acinom for the kind words.)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1435579681|3896201 said:
Acinom said:

I'll keep my eyes open for your thread, Lovinggems. :) (And thank you Acinom for the kind words.)
Thank you thank you. :bigsmile:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The twin also arrived at my office just now! It came this morning and it looks fabulous even in ugly office lighting. I can't wait to take it outdoors at lunch time :D

My camera phone (Samsung Note III) can't capture how sparkly and delicate the stone is in real life. It is a lot more crisp and not at all sleepy (any sleepiness is due to the camera lens and my grubby fingerprints already on the stone) - I had real trouble capturing how crispy the faceting is! It's completely beautiful and I love the windmills :love: the color is the perfect delicate sky blue - in some lights/angles it gets a whisper of green/teal, in others you get silver flashes - but all the time it's definitely blue.

Apologies for the blurry photos - I wanted to try to capture some of the true brilliance and color of the topaz.
topaz_handperspective.jpg topaz1.jpg topaz2.jpg topaz3.jpg topaz4.jpg topaz5.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing pics Mochiko!! I cannot wait to see your outdoor pics as well.
The colour is so beautiful and amazing with your skintone!

The twin says hi:

_31730.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
They are gorgeous!! :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait till I receive mine!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1435655275|3896675 said:
I can't wait till I receive mine!

Any idea when your package will arrive? Please make a lot of photo's.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back with more pics! The previous photos were all taken in the office under fluorescent white lighting. These are all taken in natural light. :)

Direct sunlight / direct natural
directsun1.jpg

Indirect sun / shaded natural
indirectsun_0.jpg indirectsun1.jpg indirectsun2.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks so beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing Mochiko.
The quality of your photo's is amazing by the way.

The stone as initially reserved by Shulaibaoma is still available if anyone is interested:

_31769.jpg

_31771.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! If I wasn't saving for more pearls I would get the 11 asscher. I should have my stone tomorrow or the day after? Missed my parcel today.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made Brad an offer - to pay a deposit for the stone, and then pay the rest later after I have finished paying for my Supernova, and have not heard from him. Therefore, I take it that my offer has been refused. :(sad

Not an issue, as I have a new mystery project now, to be revealed at a later date when I can be certain that it will go ahead.

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1435749065|3897280 said:
Beautiful! If I wasn't saving for more pearls I would get the 11 asscher. I should have my stone tomorrow or the day after? Missed my parcel today.

Yay! Please make lots of pics when your package arrives!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results